Jane Bryant - A Most Personal Statement

news.omega

Oct 17, 2007, 2:02:11 AM10/17/07
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com
MCS International Newsflash 2

*Newsflash List*

Issue 2: October 15th 2007

http://www.mcs-international.org/downloads_2.html
<ttp://www.mcs-international.org/downloads_2.html%22> - Ref:097

* **
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/NICE/Jane%20Bryant%20-%20A%20Most%20Personal%20Statement.pdf%22>

One Click Group Director Jane Bryant appeals to all the readers and
contributors of One Click around the world and writes:

Dear All

*For disenfranchised patients in conflict from many fields and the
doctors, scientists, politicians and disparate advocacy groups et al who
support them, this short paper is perhaps one of the most important that
you may ever read in your lifetime.

This paper is about David against Goliath, harnessing the power of the
internet and every other means possible to raise funds to prosecute the
case for patients in conflict through the courts. It is about previously
powerless patients taking the reins. Never has this been done in this
way before. The eyes of the world are upon us. This initiative may well
change the face of fundraising as we know it to be today. We are making
legal history.

I would like to start by thanking everybody who has lent of their help
and support in so many ways for all this time in getting this challenge
of the CFS/ME NICE Guidelines
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/NICE/CFS%20ME%20NICE%20Guidelines,%20Full,%20August%202007.pdf%22>
by Judicial Review ready for publication, action and off the ground.
Hugs, slapped backs, victory signs, the lot! Thank you!

I would particularly like to thank James Saunders, Senior Partner of
Saunders Solicitors LLP <ttp://www.saunders.co.uk/%22>, the firm
conducting this case. The firm's sincere belief in the justice that is
well overdue to all those wronged patients in conflict has kept us all
going on One Click in the darkest of days, to culminate in the legal
action put before you today.

Although this case is specifically about legally challenging the
appalling National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
CFS/ME Guidelines, the implications and importance of it are in fact
much wider than this.

Whether you fully understand the extensive history of the disgraceful
saga of what has been done to ME/CFS labelled patients in the UK and all
over the world for so many years or not is almost irrelevant in this case.

This issue is about the rights of previously powerless patients to take
their case to court and to let the judiciary decide. Not the government
and not the psychiatrists, but the law. As such, this case has worldwide
appeal to millions.

*The Worldwide Appeal

*Other groups from different countries - all of whom read and/or
distribute One Click material - may well ask: what has this Myalgic
Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/ME-CFS_docs/WHAT%20IS%20ME%20-%20WHAT%20IS%20CFS.pdf%22>
UK legal battle got to do with us? The answer is simple. Everything.

From Australia, New Zealand, the United States, France, Germany, Italy,
Switzerland to name but a few countries and everywhere else, this case
of the maltreatment of patients in conflict specifically concerns *YOU.

*ME/CFS misdiagnosis is being carried out on a massive scale around the
world because it is an easy box to tick and a simple label to append. It
is the ultimate wastepaper basket diagnosis. From cancer to variant
Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease (vCJD/Mad Cow), Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus,
Parvovirus Infection, Guillam-Barre, Lyme Borreliosis, Stroke and so on
as but a VERY few examples, many patients have died whilst under the
exclusive care of the psychiatrists who go to extraordinary lengths to
bury their mistakes.

From vaccine damage to those sick children forcibly ripped from the
arms of their parents by the State through the devastating secrecy of
the Family Courts with the much discredited catch-all label of
Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy/FII, this legal challenge mounted by One
Click concerns YOU ALL.

I fully recognise that many others have their own projects that equally
deserve meritorious financial attention. But I would say this. One Click
has helped many disparate advocacy groups and people down these years by
publishing their material to maximum worldwide effect and distribution.
We have provided this service completely for free and have never asked
for a penny. Not one. Now we are asking, please, in the nicest possible
small way.

We fully appreciate the financial constraints under which many labour.
But surely, even if you are on the terribly limited government benefits
provided for by the State with which you are forced to eke out the most
painful existence due to your ill health inability to work, you too can
surely afford the equivalent of the cost of a cup of coffee and a
sandwich that will help One Click and their excellent solicitors put the
legal case for these patients from so many ill health walks of life?

Of course it would be great if people could/would pledge large sums for
this most deserving legal case, but we need to be realists and
pragmatists. If every person who reads One Click (between 4,000 to 8,000
hits per day on the web site, every day of the week from 120 countries
around the world) would pledge just £10 (or whatever currency
denomination equivalent) to this Legal Appeal, our legal costs would be
covered in an instant.

Please do not think for one single moment that what is being done by the
psychiatric lobby to patients in Britain is none of your business. It
most certainly is - morally, ethically and legally. If the psychiatric
lobby is allowed to proceed full steam ahead without legal check with
these CFS/ME NICE Guidelines successfully clinicised in Britain that are
granting this lobby in excess £300 million, you may absolutely rest
assured that what is being done to patients in Britain will be coming
down your way very soon. An equivalent of this is already happening in
some other countries.

We are asking for pledges, please, from all of you around the world -
Australia, New Zealand, the United States, everywhere. In dollars,
francs, euros, pesos, pounds, rupees, shekels, rials, rubles, bahts,
dinars and yuans et al, the currency denomination is of no import. What
counts is that you make your pledge to help us all and our children.

I will personally be contacting many of you directly, shortly. I
predicate that there will not be another opportunity like this so
perfectly crafted to call the psychiatric lobby to account in my
lifetime and as such, I will leave no stone unturned to help patients.

*History

*I would now like to turn, please, to give you a very short potted
history of why this legal challenge is so important. It is impossible to
encapsulate the psychiatric lobby history of some fifty years
malfeasance in this short paper and so I won't even try. Instead, I will
do my poor best to provide you with the most sincere rationale of why
the issue put before you today matters so much to so many and is why it
is so very important.

ME/CFS labelled patients have been appalling badly treated for many
years. This goes straight to the heart of Patients' Human Rights.

We illustrate, for example, the overwhelming case of very ill children
forced to exercise by the psychiatrists and told that their illness is
all in their heads with feeding tubes shoved into their stomachs, lying
in darkened rooms or locked away from their families in psychiatric
wards. This has been done to them simply because they have had the
terrible, terrible misfortune to be labelled with ME/CFS, recognised by
the World Health Organisation as a neurological illness, but denied by
the psychiatrists.

Numerous families have been utterly destroyed with what has gone down,
with many children forcibly removed from their homes by the State under
spurious grounds to force treatment.

We give you as but one example, the case of what was done to young Ean
Procter
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/ME-CFS_docs/c_histories/THE%20MOTHER%20OF%20EAN%20PROCTER%20SPEAKS.doc%22>as
recounted by his Mum that is a matter of public record on the Isle of
Man and everywhere else.

This semi-paralysed eleven year old ME/CFS labelled child was
deliberately thrown into a swimming pool by the psychiatrists with no
floating aids to see if he would sink or swim, to ascertain whether his
paralysis was genuine or not. This is what these psychiatrists do to
children in their atrocious financial championing of 'somatoform
disorders'. Ean sank and had to be rescued from the bottom of the pool.
These people nearly killed this child in an attempt to try to prove
their risible 'somatoform disorders' point. This is what the
psychiatrists do to ME/CFS labelled children in Britain, whether their
parents approve or not. The cases are legion and still occurring today
in one form or another right around the world as I write this to you now.

In 1999 the BBC took up the case for patients and broadcast a chilling
and devastating exposé of the plight of ME/CFS labelled patients in the
Panorama programme, Sick and Tired
<ttp://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/archive/506549.stm%22>.
Despite much public hand wringing and angst subsequent to the
programme?s broadcast, once the waves of public outrage had subsided,
matters moved on much the same as before.

The damaging power of the psychiatrists that has no basis in any
credible science has grown exponentially down these years to become a
global epidemic. Psychiatry is the one branch of medicine that never has
to prove its case and yet is permitted to wreak havoc on the lives of
those that it most unjustifiably targets.

*Today

*So what has changed since the BBC broadcast the Panorama programme in
1999?

Today in the year 2007, the National Institute for Health and Clinical
Excellence (NICE) through a documented process of utterly corrupt
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/NICE/ONE%20CLICK%20RESPONSE%20-%20NICE%20GUIDELINES.pdf%22>
medical and political manipulation of formal due process in the
production of the CFS/ME Guidelines is proposing to squander £300
million of British taxpayer's money on these very same psychiatrists.

If the CFS/ME NICE Guidelines are successfully clinicised, £300m of your
money and mine will be used to completely and utterly legitimise
psychiatric abuse of patients.

Benefits and insurance payments will continue to be refused and
inappropriate and harmful treatments administered. New patients naive to
the politics will be duped into believing that it is all being taken
seriously and that the Guidelines mean that doctors have accepted that
'CFS/ME' is real. As with many of us, they may not find out until it is
too late for them that the psychosocial treatments of Graded Exercise
Therapy/Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (GET/CBT) and antidepressants were
a one-way ticket to permanent disability.

*Conclusion

*If I have not managed to convince you of the crying, nay SCREAMING NEED
to get behind this legal action in some small way through the use of my
poor words and hard work, then I am so sorry. I will have miserably
failed patients and therefore failed you all. I will have specifically
failed my child whose childhood and entire life have been absolutely
ruined by the psychiatric lobby dicta that has damaged millions.

We have the opportunity to challenge the psychiatric lobby through the
courts by Judicial Review. Not from a tin pot firm of back street
solicitors, but from Saunders Solicitors LLP
<ttp://www.saunders.co.uk/%22>, one of the finest in the land, so
familiar with the biomedical case.

We need to bury all of our past differences. We need the ME/CFS
charities who have declared the CFS/ME NICE Guidelines as 'Unfit for
Purpose' to contribute some of the money that patients have given them
to support this case. To do otherwise is completely unconscionable.

I am happy to report that since the launch of this appeal on Saturday,
pledges - including those from academics and doctors - have been coming
in thick and fast. We need more. Much more. *This matter is urgent.* We
need to obtain pledges of £20,000 in total by 5 November 2007 to bring
the psychiatric lobby to account through the courts.

Because of the sensitive (and wonderful!) identities of some of the
people making these pledges that are now coming in, One Click will
specifically not be publishing any names. It is far more important to
get the pledges in to fight this good fight than to give publicity to
those good people who are making it happen.

Here are the documents that you will need to inform your decision.

* * Legal Appeal Instructions
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/NICE/Appeal%20Instructions,%20Judicial%20Review.doc%22>
*
* * NICE Guidelines - Judicial Review Legal Briefing
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/NICE/NICE%20Guidelines%20-%20Judicial%20Review%20Action.pdf%22>*
* Judicial Review - Legal Appeal
<ttp://www.theoneclickgroup.co.uk/documents/NICE/Legal%20Appeal%20-%20Judicial%20Review.doc%22>

This is history being made. Please try and be part of it.

Thank you for listening.

*Jane Bryant
Director
The One Click Group