Ottawa linked to cellphone lobbyists

Omega Group

Aug 3, 2008, 2:39:21 AM8/3/08
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News
You have probably wondered why our the Canadian Government allows
highly dangerous microwave radiation to be used across our nation, in
our homes, schools, workplaces and throughout our environment. A vast
amount of scientific research already demonstrates the many known
health effects, including cancer, depression, sleep problems and many
other serious adverse health effects. It does not make sense!

Why would our government risk the health of all our citizens for
simple wireless convieniences? The following story helps to show
where our government is being improperly influenced. This may explain
what has gone wrong and why huge mistakes have already been made.

Martin

Ottawa linked to cellphone lobbyists

Government, business liaisons raise questions on who influences Ottawa
on cellphone safety, and how
http://www.thestar.com:80/News/Canada/article/471613

Aug 02, 2008 04:30 AM
Linda Diebel
National Affairs Writer

Omega Group

Aug 4, 2008, 1:19:44 PM8/4/08
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News
After reading the Toronto Star Article ( http://www.thestar.com/printArticle/471613
) which showed links between the Canadian Government and the Canadian
Wireless Industry, you may find this story very interesting. It is a
CBC documentary story from the Marketplace TV programe, which aired
about five years ago. You will notice that the Canadian part of the
Interphone study has been funded directly by the mobile phone
industry.

As we kept digging, we discovered that not only does the Canadian
cellphone lobby pay for a chunk of Krewski's research at the
University of Ottawa, it also has an impact on his salary. We learned
that the CWTA money unleashes government money that goes towards
Krewski's salary. Krewski says these arrangements are all above board.
(CBC report)

Dr. Krewski is head of the Canadian arm of the Interphone study. The
results of this study still have not been provided to Canadians, three
years after they were completed!

Martin

The Cell Tolls for Thee
Controversy at IARC

Broadcast: November 25, 2003

A few years ago, there was a flap over something called DEHP. It’s
found in IV bags, blood bags and tubing of all kinds. DEHP makes
plastic soft, pliable and strong. It was found to cause problems in
rats, including infertility.

After a full review, IARC decided to downgrade the risk of cancer from
DEHP. That opened the door for more widespread use.

For Lorenzo Tomatis, the downgrading of DEHP was a clear sign IARC had
let industry get too close to the science. He and 30 other scientists
from around the world decided to go public with their fears saying
that allowing industry representatives to take part in IARC's
decisions about what is cancerous "compromises public health" and that
scientific papers showing a possible link to cancer had been "ignored
or intentionally suppressed."

Read More...
http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/health/iarc/pagetwo.html#top

http://omega.twoday.net/search?q=IARC