[mobilfunk_newsletter] Impact of Microwaves on Human Health

news....@googlemail.com

Apr 26, 2010, 5:29:55 PM4/26/10

For your information,

Hans Karow

The House of Commons Standing Committee on Health

The Health Effects of Electro Magnetic Radiation

Attn.:  Ms Christine Holke David

Clerk of the HESA Committee,

Sixth Floor 131 Queen St.,

House of Commons,

Ottawa, K1A 0A6

cmt...@parl.gc.ca

Standing Committee on Health (HESA)

Re: Impact of Microwaves on Human Health

April 26. 2010

To Whom It May Concern:

-       Without Prejudice -

I am writing about the meeting scheduled for HESA on April  27 and 29 to begin discussions about Health Canada's need to re-visit Safety Code 6, which is the guideline used to protect the public from microwave and radio frequency (MW/RF) emitting electromagnetic radiation (EMR) from FM and cell phone transmitters, DECT phones, WiMax, WiFi, etc.

Within the MW/RF EMR also included and specially is meant the modulation as well.

Having suffered from life-threatening symptoms which later turned out to be electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS), and only with the help from a well qualified German medical doctor  (who is also an expert in  EMR and its thermal and non-thermal biological adverse effects) and  with  my research,  I have been able to greatly reduce my EHS mainly by avoidance of  EMR as much as possible, not only in the Radio/Microwave frequency range (RF/MW), but also in the Extremely Low Frequency range (ELF) emanating from 60 Hz electric power system and appliances.

In 1996 I joined the Coalition to Reduce Electropollution (CORE). With CORE’s initial assistance I have further studied the electromagnetic pollution and its effects, as well the attempts of industry with no regard to environmental harm to sell harmful EMR emitting products to the uninformed. This especially applies to the cell phone industry which places its microwave transmitters in the midst of populated areas – homes, workplaces, hospitals, parks, and especially schools. I have become well-versed on the issue and keep informed on new developments by reading, in both German and English on a daily basis, all available research by authorities.

Now heading CORE, I voluntarily assist in informing the public of misleading scientific information in the media, much of which could lead to more exposure to the dangers inherent in EMR. Much of this information is disguised as scientifically proven when in fact  it is nothing more than an advertisement paid for by the companies to make people believe their products are safe.

Recently I have begun to question whether Health Canada and Industry Canada are acting in the best interests of Canadians. Health Canada refuses to adopt/apply a precautionary principle-based approach which would require caution in the use and placement of wireless equipment until it has been proven safe. Instead, Health Canada allows business to introduce new wireless “gadgets” without testing, forcing an unsuspecting public to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are unsafe.

Having read a number of books on the subject and being especially influenced by Thom Hartmann’s book “Unequal Protection, The Rise of the Corporate Dominance and the Theft of Human Rights”, UVIC law professor Joel Bakan’s book “The Corporation, the Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power”,  and many other books, especially former Health Canada senior employee and whistle-blower Shiv Chopra’s  “Corrupt to the CORE”,  I am now convinced, that the Canadian Government is not truly acting in the best interest of the general public, but the interest of $$$-driven corporations!

Health Canada and Industry Canada have managed to dig themselves into a hole: Industry Canada has been selling frequencies to the telecommunication industry for millions of dollars. Now, if Industry Canada  orders the telecommunication industry to restrict the use of RF/MW, it will face major law suits for compensation. And Health Canada has no influence with the telecommunications industry because Industry Canada is its regulatory agency. So they’ve dug themselves into a hole!

A good example is the Canadian Government’s April 1997 ban of the toxic fuel additive methylcyclopentadienyl-manganese-tricarbonyl (MMT), produced by the foreign Ethyl Corporation. Under NAFTA rules the Canadian Government, despite its ban on MMT, had no choice but to pay a huge compensation to the corporation, then having to lie to the Canadian public by declaring it safe and, further, allowing this additive to be used (http://www.monbiot.com/archives/1998/08/13/running-on-mmt/).

It is time that the Government  stands up to the unprincipled telecommunication industry and heeds the recommendation of independent researchers. It should follow the lead of other countries. For example, based on the BioInitiative Report the European Parliament and its member countries unanimously adopted a resolution in 2009 to address public health risks from EMR, including those from wireless technologies.

Another issue involved with the wireless technology is the involuntary exposure to EMR without consent. This is a legal issue, i.e. violation of basic human rights as secured in the Constitution, Canadian Charter of Rights, Common/Civil Law, and/or Criminal Code by way of

-       physical attack on the general public and individuals by encroaching on private property thereby damaging property, which constitutes a taking of property by way of trespass, nuisance and assault

-       electromagnetic pollution’s (ELF-, RF/MW- EMR) trespass, intrusion/invasion onto and into private property and human bodies.

EMRs are tangible intrusions that can be measured. The energy from EMR has proven harmful biological effects on living tissues and cells. Living tissues and cells (as in human bodies) are very good conductors, therefore, when exposed to EMR (ELF, RF/MW) human bodies become an antenna and the body voltage is increased. Our Constitution states that private property shall not be taken or damaged for public or private use without just compensation. Without informed consent, the property owner's rights to live in peace and enjoy his/her home are violated whether or not EMR exposures are permitted out of ignorance, inflicted arbitrarily, wantonly and willfully and without due process of law. As I stated above, EMR exposures refer to those products and facilities with emission thresholds which have not yet been established by independent/un-biased scientific studies to be safe.

So far, to my knowledge, no governmental agency is measuring and checking transmitter stations’ output as per set guideline, but the industry does it on behalf of the government. I find this outrageous and equal to the fox guarding the hen house.

It has come to my attention, that plans have been discussed –if not yet developed- to harvest microwaves for charging batteries of any kind. Innocent and ignorant consumers will love this new kind of invention incorporated into their cell phones, thus resulting in millions of current cell phones being dumped and replaced by newly micro wave-harvesting cell phones, eliminating the need for a wired charger. Consequence: another reason for the industry to $$$-lobby governments for not allowing the MW/RF radiation exposure threshold to be reduced.

For thousands of years, humans were able to live without wireless gadgets and their necessary transmitter stations; my grandparents, and parents did so, I myself am and will be still living without them for health reasons.

I refrain from further elaboration in my submission, as I am aware of some other submissions that have already been sent to this Committee, which I fully endorse.

Canada's safety standards are not adequate to protect the general public.

For Health Canada to base its Safety Code 6 also or mainly on industry-driven WHO and ICNIRP research and their guidelines is not right.

Implementing and allowing industries’ direct or indirect funding of research should be disallowed and these kinds of research should not be accepted. On the side: the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) have recently recommended an imperative fundamental reform - what refers to the medical discipline- a complete ban on industry-funded pharmaceutical and medical  research that includes the education of doctors which “must be carefully distinguished from marketing”. JAMA also recommended that medical organizations should no longer accept money from pharmaceutical companies at all.

To summarize, the public trust is already slowly and steadily crumbling.

I urgently request Health Canada to review Safety Code 6 with the BioInitiative Reports recommendations in mind

Respectfully submitted,

Hans Karow, CORE

6303 – 34 AVE, SE

SALMON ARM, BC, V1E 1W9

hka...@telus.net

cc.:

Joy Smith  Smi...@parl.gc.ca

Judy Wasylycia-Leis  Wasylyci...@parl.gc.ca

Joyce Murray   Murr...@parl.gc.ca

Hon. Carolyn Bennett  Benn...@parl.gc.ca

Patrick Brown   Bro...@parl.gc.ca

Colin Carrie  Carr...@parl.gc.ca

Patricia Davidson  David...@parl.gc.ca

Nicolas Dufour  Dufo...@parl.gc.ca

Kirsty Duncan  Dunc...@parl.gc.ca

Luc Malo  Mal...@parl.gc.ca

Cathy McLeod   McLe...@parl.gc.ca

Tim Uppal   Upp...@parl.gc.ca

Alex Atamanenko   Ataman...@parl.gc.ca

Hon. Stockwell Day  Da...@parl.gc.ca

Colin Mayes   May...@parl.gc.ca

Hon. Keith Martin  Mart...@parl.gc.ca

--
Sie haben diese Nachricht erhalten, da Sie der Google Groups-Gruppe Mobilfunk-Newsletter - EMF-Omega-News beigetreten sind.
Wenn Sie Nachrichten in dieser Gruppe posten möchten, senden Sie eine E-Mail an mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com.

news....@googlemail.com

Apr 27, 2010, 3:01:15 AM4/27/10
Subject: Submission to the Health Committee - impact of microwaves on human health
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 13:54:16

Christine Holke David (613-995-4108)

Clerk of the Committee

Ms Christine Holke David,

Clerk of the Committee,

The House of Commons Standing Committee on Health

House of Commons

Ottawa

K0A 1A0

Impact of Microwaves on Human Health

Attached are documents that we wish to submit to the attention of the House of Commons Standing Committee. Although we raise multi-disciplinary issues associated with the rapidly increasing and widespread application of wireless technologies - which originally were only intended for national security reasons, and for which exposure standards were only devised for 6 minute exposure duration by the military and related personnel (and not the 24-hour exposure for all members of the population, including children, pregnant women, those who are ill, and the elderly) - we hope that some of the advanced observations may shed new perspectives for consideration by the Committee.

We were created by the late Senator Chesley W. Carter, a scientist, while he led the Senate standing committees on health and on science in the 1970s. From the very beginning of our society's existence, in 1975, the Senator considered the question of electromagnetic pollution to be among the five most important issues facing the population of Canada at this time in history. (see: http://pacenet.homestead.com for our background.

Dr. Andrew Michrowski
The Planetary Association for Clean Energy, Inc.
100 Bronson Avenue, Suite 1001
Ottawa, Ontario
K1R 6G8

Canadian Learned Society # 10
in special consultation status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations (ECOSOC)

New York / Geneva / Vienna / Addis Ababa

Informant: Iris Atzmon

[
http://www.buergerwelle.de:8080/helma/twoday/bwnews/search?q=microwave
http://omega.twoday.net/search?q=microwave
http://www.buergerwelle.de:8080/helma/twoday/bwnews/search?q=human+health
http://omega.twoday.net/search?q=human+health
http://www.buergerwelle.de:8080/helma/twoday/bwnews/search?q=Christine+Holke+David
]

emf - UN Geneva PACE health statement 07 09.doc
emf - NRC Canada 73 microwave threat.pdf