Melatonin for insomniacs

news.omega

Oct 27, 2007, 3:21:54 AM10/27/07
to mobilfunk_...@googlegroups.com
These are very important comments. Due to family crisis re brother's
over 9-hour heart surgery in Arizona a week ago (may be related to heavy
speaker phone use of cell phones in small trailer), I have only a few
minutes to devote to interacting on comupter but wanted to offer the
following link as a reminder that low levels of melatonin are linked to
autism spectrum disorders as well as Alzheimers:
http://www.buergerwelle.de/pdf/gene_and_melatonin.htm

Just my opinion -- based on considerable personal knowledge as well as
extensive research -- but I continue to believe the withholding of not
only information re the need to move electric appliances and telephone
equipment away from beds but also withholding of announcements re the
need for individuals to supplement with nightly melatonin (due to our
heavily polluted EMF/EMR environment from cellular antennae, high
voltage lines, WiFi, cell phones, high frequencies on electrical wiring,
grounding problems, etc.), is a violation of our right to live without
fear of unnecesary and dangerous threats to health, peace of mind and
livelihood --- in other words "criminal negligence!!!"

As I often write, I do believe without any doubt whatsoever that
melatonin is what has allowed my husband and me to live a life as close
as possible to whatever normal is for us taking into consideration his
"moderate-to-severe memory problems and cognitive impairment" (the
neurologist's description from November 2006 when he admitted "not
Alzheimers afterall....."). We both experience a great night's sleep
and have a whole lot of energy in spite of magnetic fields throughout
our home always at a level greater than 3.5 milligauss and often 10.0
milligauss. Outdoors in the front yard, the levels increase as I take
measurements toward the highlines. There is no doubt what is causing
the pollution....... The magnetic fields are identical when the power
is turned off.

Bud no longer wakens in the night in a confused, agitated, angry
state-of-mind. He no longer exhibits confabulation -- stories he would
dream up about neighbors telling him in a not so nice way to get over
there (meaning to the neighbor's place) and to rake up his (Bud's)
leaves -- also saying neighbor said we had to cut all of our trees down
when no conversation ever took place. He also no longer has delusions
or hears screaming in the night. We both take four of the 3 milligram
capsules of melatonin without Vitamin B-6. The B vitamins seem to
worsen Bud's condition although I recently added back 1/2 of the
B-complex for both of us.

The tragedy is that when persons sleep very close to electrical and/or
telephone equipment, melatonin levels are reduced. When that toxic
exposure is further complicated by a medication such as a statin -- in
Bud's case, Lipitor -- that also reduces vital Coenzyme Q-10, a vicious
cycle of cellular assault takes place -- perhaps a doubling or tripling
of the adverse effect of not only a statin but potentially any
medication as well as some vitamins and supplements.

It seems obvious to me that studies such as Assoc. Prof. Olle Johansson
will do once he obtains proper funding, will go a long way toward
helping to halt the rapid progression of all adverse symptoms as well as
autism, Alzheimers, ADD, ADHD, immune deficiencies, brain cancer,
Leukaemia, and virtually every other health problem that can not be
identified as having a true genetic link. Most health problems appear
to be related to genetic mutuations due to environmental toxins that
include low level EMF/EMR exposures.

Take care everyone!!! My website has links to Scientist Roger
Coghill's "radioprotective neutriceuticals." Melatonin is also
"radioprotective.......... Joanne

Joanne C. Mueller
Guinea Pigs "R" Us
731 - 123rd Avenue N.W.
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55448-2127 USA
Phone: 763-755-6114
Email: jcmpe...@aol.com <mailto:jcmpe...@aol.com> (10-26-07)

WEBSITE: http://guineapigsrus.org

ARE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN GUINEA PIGS? Letter 7-22-04 by Joanne Mueller
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/282050/

Omega Group

Oct 27, 2007, 3:29:09 AM10/27/07
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter

Omega Group

Oct 27, 2007, 4:34:00 AM10/27/07
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter
RE: Melatonin for insomniacs

As important as no light at night (or only very dim red light, if
essential), is nice bright light in the morning. A half-hour walk (or
even 15 mins) in real daylight at the start of each day is also an
important circadian rhythm-setter for people. Some people who suffer
from SAD need a longer early daylight walk or, not really as good, a
session each morning in front of a light box.

I suspect that melatonin, on its own, will not work or will not
continue to work for sleep quality after several weeks. I do, however,
recommend that everyone over about 30 years of age takes at least 1mg
each night about 30 minutes before bedtime as it is an excellent free
radical scavenger and can protect against initial stages of cancer
starting as well as the sleep effects.

There are lots of adverse reports about the long-term effects of
taking hGH, even if early effects can apparently be brilliant. I would
advise to be wary of this. A good lifestyle, plenty of exercise in
daylight, plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and a good daily rhythm
is better in the long-term. Sunshine is good, but just good daylight
even on a cloudy day is also excellent.

I also agree with Joanne's comments about checking and minimising
power-frequency and radio-frequemcy EMFs, especially in the bedroom.
You need to measure these to check this out. However, as Joanne says,
you can make sure you have no electrical gear close to your bed and no
cordless phone or mobile phone on standby. Mobile phones on standby
silently contact their local basestation (to maintain contact and say
they are still there) several times each hour ON FULL POWER and one on
a bedside table would be likely to almost completely stop melatonin
synthesis in the pineal. Some youngsters now sleep with their mobile
on standby under their pillow. I see that as disasterous.

Alasdair
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk

From: Janice Burns

Hi, I believe that hGH (human growth hormone) is secreted by the
pituitary gland and melatonin (and serotonin - the 'feel good
hormone') by the pineal gland. I think that the increased stature of
children/people in the later part of the 20th century is primarily
because of enhanced nutrition due to increased personal/family wealth
and availability to food/vitamins/health care. In any event, reduced
melatonin levels whether induced by too much light in your bedroom at
night or from naturally declining levels as we age, either can make us
grumpy/less energetic from lack of sleep, or apparently for women,
make us more susceptible to breast cancer. A great site I just
happened upon with info. about the pineal gland, stimulating it with
natural sunshine is: http://www.showcook.com/Sunshine.htm

In any event, increased levels of melatonin whether brought about
through suppliments or sensible exposure to sunshine is supposed to be
good for us as an immune booter, a powerful antioxidant, cancer figher
heart helper, mood elevator and a natural sleeping agent. I have a
bottle sitting on my bedside table that I just bought. I'll try it out
tonight and let you know how I sleep. In our '24/7-indoor-artifically-
lit' world I need to get my body back on track. Cheers, Janice

From: Örjan Hallberg

Hi, since the pineal gland is producing both melatonin and growth
hormone one might speculate that a disturbed, reduced production of
melatonin due to radiation or too illuminated bedrooms instead will
cause the pineal gland to produce more of growth hormone. It has to
produce something anyway... This might explain the unnatural growth of
people born during the seconf half of the 20:th century. But just a
speculation. Best regards, Örjan

Oct 27, 2007, 5:22:19 PM10/27/07
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter
RE: Melatonin for insomniacs

Hi, sleeping with a cell under your pillow IS disasterous. A friend
of mine who is a nurse, when she was 'on call' would sleep with her
cell under her pillow set to vibrate so as not to disturb her husband.
She developed brain cancer in the frontal lobe, which luckily was
successfully operated on. Both she and her husband were upset with me
for even suggesting that this could possibly be the cause, but she
informs me that she no longer sleeps with her cell under her pillow.
ON ONE should sleep with a cell phone under his/her pillow. Janice

> Alasdairhttp://www.powerwatch.org.uk

> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=ShowDetailView...
>
> Yours Philippe Hughttp://www.alerte.ch

Omega Group

Oct 27, 2007, 5:24:16 PM10/27/07
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter
Re: Melatonin for insomniacs...cell phones under pillows

"Yes!!!" This truly is a "huge disaster!!!"

This is no figment of anyone's imagination in any way whatsoever and
the denial that continues with most situations where individuals
either feel so guilty or just plain stupid or just totally
unbeliveing, will continue until we get some major publicfity.

As you know, I, myself, am working frantically to bring publicfity re
the urgency of need to inform the general public to check sleeping
areas re electric and phone items. I, unfortunately am leaving for
Arizona in the morning and won't be able to proceed with some
important appeals for help until I return which will be at least a
week..

I probably have reported before not only the young woman whose mom
was diagnosed with Alzheimers and the fact that the mom actually
sleeps w/cell phone on vibrate so as to be in constant touch with her
boyfriend, but have also confirmed when I give out my cards to pasta/
pizza delivery persons that most of their friends also sleep with cell
phones under or close to pillows. I suspect some are too embarrassed
to admit they are also doing the same. They always are grateful for
the information, shocked to learn no one is telling them about the
dangers and also appear be sincere in thanking me.

We are in the midst of crises beyond belief and every one of the U.S.
politicians that debate insurance for children are talking about
something that pales in comparison with the problems we are faced
with. How can we get this message get through to a person of
influence who has some common sense??? Take care - Joanne

Email: jcmpe...@aol.com (10-27-07)

WEBSITE: http://guineapigsrus.org

ARE YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN GUINEA PIGS? Letter 7-22-04 by Joanne
Mueller
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/282050/

Omega Group

Oct 28, 2007, 3:47:43 AM10/28/07
to Mobilfunk-Newsletter
Re: Melatonin for insomniacs

Hi, I would also like to add that PWC (People With Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome) - along with those with autism, Alzheimer's, ADHD, ADD, and
so on - also suffer from low melatonin levels and that insomnia is one
of the major symptoms of this condition. As a matter of fact, in 2006
over 40 million Americans were on sleep medication for insomnia (up
60% from 2000) - which is about one in six or seven people.

If anyone has read my paper on CFS and microwaves, they will see that
I connect just about every symptom and abnormality found in CFS with
the research out their showing the adverse effects of exposure to EMR
(low frequency and high frequency).

However, it is not just melatonin, but just about every hormone/
neurotransmitter (serotonin, HGH, norepinephrine, acetylcholine etc.)
in the body that have been shown in research to be affected by
exposures to microwaves and other forms of EMR.

For anyone interested, two other products I have found to be extremely
helpful with sleep disturbances have been 5-HTP (a precurser to
serotonin) and Human Growth Hormone Secretagogue offered by ProHealth
of Immunesupport.com. (However, nothing beats sleeping in a low emr-
environment.)

https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/N083
https://www.immunesupport.com/shop/product.cfm/product__code/P234

While this is an excellent company, the main problem I have with them
is that they refuse to mention anything about EMR as being a possible
cause in this process and the research published by all these so-
called "experts" of CFS barking up all their respective trees just
seems to be leading people down the wrong paths regarding the main
cause of these disease processes. But having said that, they are all
doing important research which - when all the pieces of the puzzle are
laid out in front of us - further backs up the evidence that EMR is
indeed the main culprit here.

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/2919/t/CFIDS_FM
http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/id/8145/searchtext/melatonin/

Q: Do you think there is a link between sleep and CFS, FM, and other
illnesses?

Dr. Pall: Yes. The question is, what is the mechanism? I think it may
involve peroxynitrite oxidation of a compound called
tetrahydrobiopterin. Tetrahydrobiopterin deficiency has an important
role in the production of serotonin and melatonin, both of which help
control sleep.

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/ID/8130/T/CFIDS_FM/searchtext/serotonin
http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showarticle.cfm/id/8352/searchtext/norepinephrine/

You know, I would like to see some of the renowned EMR researchers/
scientists/doctors out there co-write an article for this organization
showing very clearly how EMR is indeed causing a host of these
problems found in conditions like CFS, Autism, Alzheimer's, ADHD, Gulf
War Syndrome and so on. It would be nice to see someone barking up the
right tree for a change - and hence not leading everyone down the
wrong path. :)

Paul Doyon