The state of Oregon picks up The Children's Wireless Protection Act

1 view

news....@googlemail.com

Jun 15, 2010, 4:50:37 PM6/15/10
I am hugely excited to announce the great state of Oregon is bringing The Children's Wireless Protection Act. Legislator Chip Shields will be authoring with the possibility of another co-author on the bill.

I have attached our mock up of the sample warning label which is also the sample for federal use in the US.

I have also attached the label for the great state of Maine so you can see the difference as it contains the brain cancer language which was so very difficult to get passed.  Although we do prefer this stronger language, realistically it would be much harder to pass at the federal level at this point and even at the state level as we just experienced in Maine. Thus the new adaptation with the new language.  We are still of course in 100% support of this language in Maine.

If you are in another country, please feel free to take either of these labels and use them for your own county's protection.

Also attached, please find our new sister organization (who has no non profit 501c3 limits on lobbying), http://www.AmericanAssociationforCellPhoneSafety.org  position on SAR and why we consider it useless for the purposes of protecting public health.

Currently, there is a SAR bill in play in the city of SF within the state of CA.  Although we commend the legislators for wanting to do something constructive and protective on this issue, it saddens us that they have been misinformed about what is and is not protective of human health in relation to SAR and cell phones and will not be incorporating more protective language as they trust the current SAR "safety standards" that have been adopted in the US by the FCC and the FDA.

We hope that there will still be room for a real warning label on the cell phone this year in the state of CA and will be moving forward with our bill, despite the existence of the SAR bill that is in play in that state.

Please upload our sister organization, American Association for Cell Phone Safety briefing book by clicking on the following link...

We will keep you posted on Oregon, CA, Maine, federal in the US and also the possibility of New York and Canada moving forward with the bill.

By the way, if you know anyone in the state of Oregon, please contact us!!!  We need their help!!!

Thank you for all of you help and support. We are really going to need it.

Liz and Everyone Else Involved in this endeavor!!!

American Association For Cell Phone Safety Sample Label.jpg
Andrea Warning LabelA.pdf