Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.1.1.GA Released!

Eduardo Martins

Jul 3, 2010, 9:11:19 AM7/3/10
to mobicents-public
The Mobicents team is proud to announce the release of
Mobicents JAIN-SLEE 2.1.1.GA, a minor update to 2.1.0.GA.
This release fixes an issue with the SLEE event router and updates the
SIP Resource Adaptor with a new JAIN SIP stack.

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x is the first and *only* open source JAIN SLEE
1.1 (JSR 240) compliant platform, a low latency and high throughput
application/service environment for event processing, designed for
stringent requirements of core network signaling application, and to
support scalability and availability through clustering.

The environment provides common behavior to all services:
- Managing component life-cycle (install/activate/deactivate/uninstall,=85)
- Generating traces & alarms, managing resources, user statistics;
- Common behavior is not re-developed for each and every service, the
service developer only cares about service logic

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x generation represents a major
step forward, introducing major performance/latency improvements. High
Availability and Fault Tolerance features are included , such as fault
tolerant timers, full application state replication, or the Fault
Tolerant Resource Adaptor API, an easy to use API that JAIN SLEE 1.1
resource adaptors can use to work correctly in a clustered
environement. Flexibility is a keyword in the new platform too, JAIN
SLEE profiles are mapped to JPA data sources, and extensive
configuration options can be used to tweak the platform behavior.

Platform management can be achieved through two different tools: the
JMX web console giving full access to JAIN SLEE 1.1 and custom
Mobicents MBeans; and the new Jopr ( http://www.jboss.org/jopr )
Plugin, which allows the full JBoss and Mobicents platforms to have a
consistent and unified advanced management and monitoring tool. A SNMP
adaptor is also available in the underlying JBoss AS.

The list of development issues with respect to this release can be found at
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=component=JainSLEE%20version=2.1.1%20status=Fixed

What is included in this release:
------------------------------
* JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA with JAIN SLEE 1.1 compliant Core Container
installed (in /jboss-5.1.0.GA)
* Jopr Web Management Console (in /tools/management-console)
* Mobicents Media Server 2.0.0.CR2 (in /tools/media-server)
* Mobicents Diameter 1.2.1.GA (in /tools/mobicents-diameter)
* Mobicents SIP Load Balancer 1.0.0.FINAL (in /tools/sip-balancer)
* Mobicents SLEE Remote Connection Tool 2.1.0.GA (in
/tools/remote-slee-connection)
* Resource adaptors: Diameter Base, Diameter CCA, Diameter
Cx/Dx,Diameter Rf, Diameter Ro, Diameter Sh Client, Diameter Sh
Server, HTTP Servlet, HTTP Client, JCC, MAP, MGCP, SIP complaint with JAIN SLEE
1.1 specs, SMPP (2.0.0.BETA2 only) , XCAP Client,
XMPP (in /resources)
* Educational examples: Call Controller 2, Converged Demo, Google Talk
Bot, MGCP Demo,
SIP B2BUA, SIP Services, SIP Wake Up (in /examples)
* Sources zip for debug purposes

SVN sources and tag:
----
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/cluster/mobicents-cluster-1.5
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/core/2.1.1.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/jopr-plugin/2.1.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/remote-slee-connection/2.1.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-base/2.0.1.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cca/2.0.1.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cx-dx/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-rf/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-ro/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-client/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-server/2.0.1.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-client/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-servlet/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/mgcp/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/sip11/2.1.1.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/smpp/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xcap-client/2.1.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xmpp/2.1.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/call-controller2/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/google-talk-bot/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/mgcp-demo/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-b2bua/2.1.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-services/2.0.0.GA
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-wakeup/2.0.0.GA

The source code license is GPL.

Download URL:
----

JDK6: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.1.1.GA/mobicents-jainslee-2.1.1.GA-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip

JDK5: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.1.1.GA/mobicents-jainslee-2.1.1.GA-jboss-5.1.0.GA-jdk5.zip

Quick start:
----
Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable set (or it is pointing to the
jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and start the container, through
run.sh/run.bat startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information
regarding the JAIN SLEE Container in the documentation available at
the docs directory. Other documentation, regarding other platform
components, is available in the related component's directory (e.g.
the SIP11 Resource Adaptor documentation in is /resources/sip11/docs)
.

Very Important:
solutions, such as training or consultancy. More at
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

Cheers.

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

aayush bhatnagar

Jul 3, 2010, 10:51:29 AM7/3/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Happy weekend release.

--
aayush
http://in.linkedin.com/in/abhatnagar19

Eduardo Martins

Jul 3, 2010, 2:07:02 PM7/3/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
The Mobicents factory is never closed :)

-- Eduardo

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

mosbah abdelkader

Jul 3, 2010, 2:15:00 PM7/3/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Good news. many thanks to mobicents team and to Redhat who is supporting the project.

rk

Jul 8, 2010, 3:07:57 PM7/8/10
to mobicents-public
Is there a step by step configuration guide for setting up clustering
an application that uses jbosscache.