Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.6.0.FINAL "GANDHI" released!

Eduardo Martins

Feb 7, 2012, 2:57:25 PM2/7/12
to mobicents-public
The Mobicents team is glad to announce that Mobicents JAIN-SLEE
2.6.0.FINAL, codenamed GANDHI, is now available for download.

Release Notes:

The GANDHI SLEE Core includes, besides a few bug fixes, enhancements for
smooth upgrades of SLEE services with zero downtime, and also a core
deploy-config.xml resource that admins may use to define Resource Adaptor
Entities out of deployable units. The SLEE core also includes support for
period purge of canceled timer tasks, introduced in the latest release of
the Mobicents Cluster framework.

Regarding SIP, the SIP11 Resource Adaptor includes fixes for several bugs
reported by the community.

With respect to Diameter, GANDHI bundles the recently released Mobicents
Diameter 1.4.0.CR2, and with it introduces a new Resource Adaptor too:
Diameter S6a.

With respect to SS7, the release bundles the latest Mobicents SS7
1.0.0.CR3, and both MAP and JCC Resource Adaptors were updated
to ensure compatibility.

With respect to media control, GANDHI includes the first BETA release of
the MS Control (JSR 309) Resource Adaptor, which aims to provide a
standard high level API to interact with media resources.

Finally, on Resource Adaptors topic, this release also introduces the
first FINAL release of JDBC RA, the RA with a simple, yet very powerful
and flexible, interface for interacting with JDBC Data Sources.

Regarding the bundled application Enablers, the first candidate release for
the REST Client enabler is included, while the SIP Publication Client, the
SIP Subscription Client, and the XDM Client, now reach the first FINAL
release.

In the Tools department, we are proud to introduce the first
FINAL release of EclipSLEE 2.x, the Mobicents JAIN SLEE Eclipse Plugin.
This new release, besides fixing a couple of bugs, enhances the initial
feature set for this generation of the plugin, now with support for Fault
Tolerant Resource Adaptors. the Twiddle CLI tool also reached now the first
FINAL version.

We are also very happy to introduce the new SLEE Management Console, the
reborn of the old but much missed Mobicents SLEE 1.x GWT web console. The
interface was refreshed and improved, and supports JAIN SLEE 1.1
functionality such as Resource Adaptor Entity reconfiguration. Even if
this is only the first BETA release of the tool, we trust it will be
popular and very useful. The new console comes pre-deployed in both SLEE
server profiles, to check it out point your web browser to
http://serverhost:8080/slee-management-console , where serverhost should be
replaced by the host that Mobicents SLEE is bound, localhost by default.

Finally, to complete the big change log, the team released two new example
applications: one is the SIP JDBC Registrar, a rework of the old - and now
removed - SIP Services example, that demos the usage of the JDBC Resource
Adaptor, to manage the state of a SIP Registrar server. Note that the Call
Controller 2 and SIP Wake Up examples were also updated to take advantage
of this new SIP Registrar. The other new example application is a demo of
MS Control Resource Adaptor usage, which should be handy for developers
wanting a quick start on the new media control API.

Note, this release bundles a new and unreleased SNAPSHOT of the Mobicents
Media Server 2.1.0 BETA5 current trunk source code, that supports JSR 309.
Due to this there were other updates to media related examples, such as
the MGCP Demo, but functionality did not change.

About Mobicents JAIN SLEE:

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x is the first and *only* open source JAIN SLEE
1.1 (JSR 240) compliant platform, a low latency and high throughput
application/service environment for event processing, designed for
stringent requirements of core network signaling application, and to
support scalability and availability through clustering.

The environment provides common behavior to all services:
- Managing component life-cycle (install/activate/deactivate/uninstall)
- Generating traces & alarms, managing resources, user statistics;
- Common behavior is not re-developed for each and every service, the
service developer only cares about service logic

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x generation represents a major
step forward, introducing major performance/latency improvements. High
Availability and Fault Tolerance features are included , such as fault
tolerant timers, full application state replication, or the Fault
Tolerant Resource Adaptor API, an easy to use API that JAIN SLEE 1.1
resource adaptors can use to work correctly in a clustered
environement. Flexibility is a keyword in the new platform too, JAIN
SLEE profiles are mapped to JPA data sources, and extensive
configuration options can be used to tweak the platform behavior.

Platform management can be achieved through different tools: the
JMX web console giving full access to JAIN SLEE 1.1 and custom
Mobicents MBeans; and the new Jopr ( http://www.jboss.org/jopr )
Plugin, which allows the full JBoss and Mobicents platforms to have a
consistent and unified advanced management and monitoring tool. The
Twiddle CLI, for quick management of the application server. A SNMP
adaptor is also available in the underlying JBoss AS.

The full list of development issues with respect to this release can be found at
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=SLEE=2.6.0.FINAL%20status=Fixed

What is included in this release:
* JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA with JAIN SLEE 1.1 Container and SLEE Management Consoled installed
(in /jboss-5.1.0.GA)
* Mobicents Jopr Plugin (in /tools/jopr-plugin)
* Mobicents SLEE Remote Connection Tool 2.4.0.FINAL (in /tools/remote-slee-connection)
* Mobicents EclipSLEE Plugin 2.0.0.FINAL (in /tools/eclipslee)
* Mobicents Media Server 2.1.0.BETA5-SNAPSHOT (in /extra/mobicents-media-server)
* Mobicents Diameter 1.4.0.CR2 (in /extra/mobicents-diameter)
* Mobicents SS7 1.0.0.CR3 (in /extra/mobicents-ss7)
* Mobicents SIP Load Balancer 1.4.0 (in /extra/sip-balancer)
* Resource adaptors: Diameter Base, Diameter CCA, Diameter
Cx/Dx, Diameter Gq, Diameter Gx, Diameter Rf, Diameter Ro, Diameter Rx, Diameter S6a,
Diameter Sh Client, Diameter Sh Server, HTTP Servlet, HTTP Client, JDBC, JCC, MAP,
MGCP, MS Control, SIP complaint with JAIN SLEE1.1 specs, SMPP v5 , TFTP Server,
XCAP Client, XMPP (in /resources)
* Educational examples: Call Controller 2, Google Talk Bot, MGCP Demo, MS Control Demo,
SIP B2BUA, SIP JDBC Registrar, SIP UAS, SIP Wake Up (in /examples)
* Enablers: HSS Client, SIP Publication Client, SIP Subscription Client, REST Client,
XDM Client (in /enablers)
* Sources zip for debug purposes

SVN sources and tag:
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/core/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-base/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cca/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cx-dx/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-gq/1.0.0.CR2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-gx/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-rf/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-ro/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-rx/1.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-s6a/1.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-client/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-server/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-client/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-servlet/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/jcc/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/map/1.0.0.CR3
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/mgcp/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/mscontrol/1.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/sip11/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/smpp5/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/tftp-server/1.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xcap-client/2.4.1.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xmpp/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/hss-client/1.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/sip-publication-client/1.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/rest-client/1.0.0.CR1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/xdm-client/1.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/call-controller2/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/google-talk-bot/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/mgcp-demo/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/mscontrol-demo/1.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-b2bua/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-jdbc-registrar/1.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-wakeup/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/eclipslee/2.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/jopr-plugin/2.6.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/remote-slee-connection/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/slee-management-console/2.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/twiddle/1.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/cluster/1.13
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/mobicents-jain-sip-ext-1.0
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/mobicents-jain-sip-ha-1.3.0
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/tools/sip-balancer/sip-balancer-1.4
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/protocols/ss7/mobicents-ss7-1.0.0.CR3

* The source code license is LGPL 2.1.
* Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x requires JDK6.

Download URL:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.6.0.FINAL/mobicents-jainslee-2.6.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip

Note that online docs at http://www.mobicents.org/slee/docs.html now point
to the documentation bundled with this release.

Quick start:
Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable set (or it is pointing to the
jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and start the container, through
run.sh/run.bat startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information
regarding the JAIN SLEE Container in the documentation available at
the docs directory.

Very Important:
solutions, such as training or consultancy. More at
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

A final note, thanks to all Mobicents community members who also helped
with the making of this release, with reports and/or testing enhancements,
thanks all.

Cheers.

-- Eduardo

Mobicents SLEE Lead

Jean Deruelle

Feb 7, 2012, 3:21:41 PM2/7/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on another stability release JAIN SLEE Team !

Amit Bhayani

Feb 7, 2012, 3:53:32 PM2/7/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations team!
Much awaited web management console is back :)

Though have to ask why name GANDHI?

Ivelin Ivanov

Feb 7, 2012, 3:56:31 PM2/7/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Yay! Finally in the mail :)

Love the tooling updates. My favorite JSLEE web console is back with triumph.

Diego Gomez

Feb 7, 2012, 3:57:04 PM2/7/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
excelent!!! congratulation!!!

Ibrahima Gaye

Feb 7, 2012, 9:46:11 PM2/7/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats and thanks!
------
Ibrahim

aayush

Feb 7, 2012, 10:10:24 PM2/7/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Congrats!!

Why the codename Gandhi?

On Feb 8, 2012 8:16 AM, "Ibrahima Gaye" <ibrahi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Congrats and thanks!
------
Ibrahim

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 8:57 PM, Diego Gomez <diego.f.g...@gmail.com> wrote:

> excelent!...

Vilius Panevėžys

Feb 8, 2012, 3:14:52 AM2/8/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Every Mobicents JAIN SLEE release has been solid, but I don't recall a
release with such an impressive list of features, improvements and
fixes.

We stand on the shoulders of giants. Thank you, giants.

P.S. Code name "SHU-SHU" would have been even more mysterious. :)

--
Vilius Panevėžys
Elitnet

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:57:25 +0000
Eduardo Martins <emma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The Mobicents team is glad to announce that Mobicents JAIN-SLEE
> 2.6.0.FINAL, codenamed GANDHI, is now available for download.
>

> *Release Notes:
> *

> *About Mobicents JAIN SLEE:
> *

> *What is included in this release:
> *

> *SVN sources and tag:
> *

> *Download URL:
> *

> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.6.0.FINAL/mobicents-jainslee-2.6.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip
>
> Note that online docs at http://www.mobicents.org/slee/docs.html now
> point to the documentation bundled with this release.
>

> *Quick start:
> *

> Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
> is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable set (or it is pointing to the
> jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and start the container, through
> run.sh/run.bat startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information
> regarding the JAIN SLEE Container in the documentation available at
> the docs directory.
>

> *Very Important:
> *

> solutions, such as training or consultancy. More at
> http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco
>
> A final note, thanks to all Mobicents community members who also
> helped with the making of this release, with reports and/or testing
> enhancements, thanks all.
>
> Cheers.
>

> *-- Eduardo*
>
> Mobicents SLEE Lead

Eduardo Martins

Feb 8, 2012, 4:38:24 AM2/8/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
I could come up with a fancy story or reasoning, but truly, the latest SLEE code names are simple homage to standout personalities, which left us in the day when the SLEE core was finalized.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com

George Vagenas

Feb 8, 2012, 3:31:28 PM2/8/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulation for the new release!
--
George Vagenas

Normandes Jr

Feb 8, 2012, 6:05:12 PM2/8/12
to mobicents-public
Very good!!!

I am using 2.2.1 yet... this time I am thinking to update... :)

Congrats again,

Normandes Junior.

On 7 fev, 14:57, Eduardo Martins <emmart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> the MGCP Demo, but functionality did not change.
>
> *About Mobicents JAIN SLEE:
> *
> found athttp://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=SLEE=2.6.0.FIN...
>
> *What is included in this release:
> *
> *SVN sources and tag:
> *
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/core...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/reso...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enab...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enab...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enab...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enab...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enab...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/exam...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/exam...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/exam...http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/exam......

Thomas Quintana

Feb 8, 2012, 6:07:12 PM2/8/12
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations Team!