Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.0.0.BETA1 released!!

Eduardo Martins

Aug 6, 2009, 1:25:17 PM8/6/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce Mobicents JAIN-SLEE 2.0.0.BETA1, the first
beta of the second generation
Mobicents JAIN SLEE container, compliant with JAIN SLEE 1.1
specification, and built on top of JBoss AS 5.x.

More information about Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x and its development
status can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/mobicents-public/web/mobicents-jainslee-server-v2

This release includes JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA.

At this stage any feedback is priceless, give it a try and let us know
how it is, it should be already
pretty stable, and performance is already better than 1.2 series.

This is just the beginning :-)

What is included in this release:
* Core JAIN SLEE compliant with JAIN SLEE 1.1
* Resource adaptors: SIP RA complaint with JAIN SLEE 1.1 specs
* Educational examples: SIP Services, SIP Wake Up
* Sources zip for debug purposes

SVN sources and tag:
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/core/2.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/sip11/2.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-service/2.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-wakeup/2.0.0.BETA1

Download URL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mobicents/files/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.0.0.BETA1/mobicents-jainslee-2.0.0.BETA1-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip/download

How to start:
Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable
set (or it is pointing to the jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and
start the container as usual, through run.sh/run.bat
startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information in the
readme.txt file contained in the zip file, such as how to
deploy/undeploy the SIP RA or the included examples.

aayush bhatnagar

Aug 6, 2009, 1:33:47 PM8/6/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations !

--
aayush
"A philosopher always knows what to do...until it happens to him"

Eduardo Martins

Aug 6, 2009, 1:41:23 PM8/6/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
If you like to digg: http://digg.com/d3ztEu

-- Eduardo

Eduardo Martins

Aug 6, 2009, 1:57:40 PM8/6/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Here is the info and report regarding a small load test for this beta:

Host: perf07.qa.atl.jboss.com

Processor: 2 x (Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2220 SE, 2800.436
MHz, cache size: 1024 KB)

[lbarreir@perf07 ~]$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 8234060 kB

[lbarreir@perf07 ~]$ uname -r
2.6.9-42.0.10.ELsmp

[lbarreir@perf07 ~]$ $JAVA_HOME/bin/java -version
java version "1.6.0_07"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 10.0-b23, mixed mode)

JAVA_OPTS=" -Xms4096m -Xmx4096m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:+UseTLAB -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:NewSize=256m
-XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=0 -XX:SurvivorRatio=128 -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000
-Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000"

Mobicents Jain-SLEE 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT with Sip11 RA and
Sip11-Loadtest-With-Dialogs example from SVN. All logs were disabled.

Load generator: SIPp 3.0, using the scenario file attached, started
with the command:
./sipp 127.0.0.1:5060 -s yousendbye -sf uac.xml -i 127.0.0.1 -p 5050
-r 220 -l 100000 -m 100000000 -trace_stat -fd 1 -nd

-- Eduardo

report.pdf
uac.xml

Vicky Kak

Aug 6, 2009, 11:39:15 PM8/6/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats !

-Vicky

Amit Bhayani

Aug 7, 2009, 12:22:13 AM8/7/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to the team!

What is the plan for Sip-RA HA?

Amit.

aayush bhatnagar

Aug 7, 2009, 12:59:31 AM8/7/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Had a query:

With this release, is the aci, null aci, aci naming data etc is persistent in jboss cache across the cluster ? If so, will the caching work if i use Mobicents in JBOSS-ALL configuration?

Raziya Bhayani

Aug 7, 2009, 2:47:37 AM8/7/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations...

Cheers...

Regards,
Raziya

aayush bhatnagar

Aug 7, 2009, 3:35:27 AM8/7/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
No management console for this release ?

Eduardo Martins

Aug 7, 2009, 5:56:55 AM8/7/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Fault Tolerance and Management console will only be available in BETA2.

-- Eduardo

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:35 AM, aayush

Jean Deruelle

Aug 20, 2009, 4:50:05 AM8/20/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats guys !!

AVERRI

Sep 2, 2009, 8:59:07 AM9/2/09
to mobicents-public
Congratulations to everybody. This is an excellent progress. Mobicents
is a fantastic project.