Mobicents Sip Servlets version 0.6, Sip Servlets 1.1 (JSR 289) certified, released !!

Jean Deruelle

Sep 30, 2008, 3:50:17 PM9/30/08
to mobicents-public, mobicen...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce the public availability of Mobicents Sip
Servlets v0.6 !

This release features the first open source containers certified for
Sip Servlets 1.1 (JSR 289) compliance !!!

Both containers Tomcat and JBoss passed the TCK tests :

See our TCK Jboss results :
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/MobicentsSipServletsReleaseTest/76/testReport

See our TCK Tomcat results :
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/MobicentsSipServletsTomcatReleaseTest/13/testReport

We (Jean Deruelle & Vladimir Ralev known as the 2 guys in a garage
building the server from scratch,) would like to give special thanks
to all people that worked on this project during its lifetime (it's
now close to one year old :-)) :

* M. Ranganathan that started this project and put all of us in it
:-), for its help during the early days of the project that worked
with us to design and hack together during the first versions of the
project and later on gave its gold advices to us to keep us on track,
for its work on jain sip and the nist sip stack that we use as the
underlying sip connector and for everything else I likely forgot to
mention.

* Bartosz Baranowski for its help during the early days of the project
that worked with us to design and hack together during the first
versions of the project.

* Ivelin Ivanov that made the Mobicents Open Source Platform possible
and what it is now and mentoring us along the way

* Our fellows at Tomcat and JBoss that build the containers on which
this work has been made possible.

* Mihir Kulkarni for its timely replies about the TCK tests

* The JSR 289 expert group members for their commitment and hard work
on the specification. (it was good to see you guys in LA)

What is included in this release:
---------------------------------

* Mobicents SIP Servlets (JSR 289) certified containers
* Management Console
* Educational converged example : Click To Call
* Mobicents Media Server 1.0.0-BETA4 (Only for the JBoss distro)
* The Mobicents SIP load Balancer:
http://www.mobicents.org/load-balancer.html (Only JBoss distro)
* The server/all profile configured for clustering in JBoss with
predeployed simple-sip-servlet-distributable application to test
clustering and mid call failover (Only JBoss distro)

Project site :
-------------------
Mobicents Sip Servlets homepage :
http://www.mobicents.org/products_sip_servlets.html

Where to download from?
-----------------------
The distribution can be found on sourceforget.net :
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102670&package_id=262024&release_id=629778

SVN tag:
----------------
* SVN checkout
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/sip-servlets/release-0.6

* SVN browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/tags/sip-servlets/release-0.6

Source repositories:
-------------------
* SVN checkout
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/servers/sip-servlets

* SVN browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/trunk/servers/sip-servlets

How to get started:
-------------------
You'll find online instructions at You can also check out the user
guide http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/MobicentsDocumentation/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/html_single/index.html#chapter-Mobicents_SIP_Servlets_Server
or http://www.mobicents.org/installation.html on how to get the server
running.
Once the server is running, you'll find online instructions at
http://www.mobicents.org/examples.html to try out the examples.

Alternatively, there is a README file in the top directory of both zip files.
<container>-SIP-SERVLETS-README.txt

Roadmap

Mobicents Sip Servlets Team

Jean Deruelle

Sep 30, 2008, 3:56:21 PM9/30/08
to mobicents-public, mobicen...@googlegroups.com

Ivelin Ivanov

Sep 30, 2008, 8:24:18 PM9/30/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
THE FIRST OPEN SOURCE SIP SERVLETS 1.1 (JSR 289) CERTIFIED PRODUCT!

JEAN and team did it again. Jean played instrumental role in the FIRST
AND STILL THE ONLY OPEN SOURCE CERTIFIED JSLEE 1.0 PRODUCT. Amazing
team! Love it!!

Ivelin

Eduardo Martins

Sep 30, 2008, 8:43:28 PM9/30/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to MSS team, an outstanding achievement in such a
short time, keep them coming. Ah, of course, Sip Servlets rules! (this
one is free tonight ;-))

Eduardo

Ivelin Ivanov

Oct 1, 2008, 5:59:59 PM10/1/08