Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.5.0.FINAL released!

Eduardo Martins

Sep 22, 2011, 2:49:18 AM9/22/11
to mobicents-public
The Mobicents team is glad to announce that Mobicents JAIN-SLEE
2.5.0.FINAL, codenamed HENDRIX, is now available for download.

Release Notes:

The HENDRIX SLEE Core includes fixes for several issues reported by
community, some of critical importance, such as rare scenarios where
an Activity End Event is incorrectly routed while the activity is suspend,
child Sbb JNDI lookup failures, or state deadlock timeouts when using
the monitoring for idle activities. Low level parts of the SLEE core had to
be reworked, for such fixes, the team is confident that not only these
were well solved, but also that the code is again more stable and efficient.
Speaking of performance, significant improvements should be expected,
specially while in cluster mode, due to optimizations introduced.

Regarding SIP, the SIP11 Resource Adaptor now uses JAIN SIP HA 1.3.0
stack, and introduces some minor fixes. The Mobicents SIP Balancer
bundled was updated too, to 1.4.0 version.

With respect to Diameter, HENDRIX bundles the recently released
Mobicents Diameter 1.4.0.CR1, and with it introduces a couple of new
Resource Adaptors too: Diameter Gq and Diameter Rx, for a richer IMS
endpoint support.

With respect to SS7, the release bundles the latest Mobicents SS7
1.0.0.BETA10, and both MAP and JCC Resource Adaptors were updated
to ensure compatibility.

This release updates several other Resource Adaptors, most notably it
introduces a revamped HTTP Client RA, with new Resource Adaptor Type,
working on top of latest Apache HTTP Client 4.x. It also includes the
first candidate release of JDBC RA, with a simple, yet very powerful and
flexible, all new Resource Adaptor Type, which provide means to develop
the most efficient SLEE application interactions with JDBC Data Sources.
The SMPP5 RA was also updated, now includes SLEE Usage Parameters,
which a SLEE administrator may use to monitor its performance or status,
while the TFTP RA has reached FINAL release status.

Regarding the bundled application Enablers, a new REST Client enabler is
introduced, which should enable SLEE applications interactions with REST
web services. A few lines of SLEE code is all that is needed, for an Sbb to
interact with Twitter, Facebook and other popular web services. The SIP
Subscription Client now has a simpler to use interface, and supports
resource lists. The XDM Client, since it depends on SIP Subscription Client,
was also updated.

Finally, in the Tools department, we are proud to introduce the first
candidate release of EclipSLEE 2.x, the Mobicents JAIN SLEE Eclipse Plugin.
This new release completes the initial feature set for this generation of the
plugin, now with an easy way to integrate the Resource Adaptor
Types, Application Enablers and Libraries included in Mobicents JAIN SLEE.
This feature may be configured to include 3rd party components. Besides the
expected bug fixes, the plugin also includes new menu shortcuts to simplify
its usage.

About Mobicents JAIN SLEE:

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x is the first and *only* open source JAIN SLEE
1.1 (JSR 240) compliant platform, a low latency and high throughput
application/service environment for event processing, designed for
stringent requirements of core network signaling application, and to
support scalability and availability through clustering.

The environment provides common behavior to all services:
- Managing component life-cycle (install/activate/deactivate/uninstall)
- Generating traces & alarms, managing resources, user statistics;
- Common behavior is not re-developed for each and every service, the
service developer only cares about service logic

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x generation represents a major
step forward, introducing major performance/latency improvements. High
Availability and Fault Tolerance features are included , such as fault
tolerant timers, full application state replication, or the Fault
Tolerant Resource Adaptor API, an easy to use API that JAIN SLEE 1.1
resource adaptors can use to work correctly in a clustered
environement. Flexibility is a keyword in the new platform too, JAIN
SLEE profiles are mapped to JPA data sources, and extensive
configuration options can be used to tweak the platform behavior.

Platform management can be achieved through different tools: the
JMX web console giving full access to JAIN SLEE 1.1 and custom
Mobicents MBeans; and the new Jopr ( http://www.jboss.org/jopr )
Plugin, which allows the full JBoss and Mobicents platforms to have a
consistent and unified advanced management and monitoring tool. The
Twiddle CLI, for quick management of the application server. A SNMP
adaptor is also available in the underlying JBoss AS.

The full list of development issues with respect to this release can be found at
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=SLEE=2.4.1.FINAL%20status=Fixed

What is included in this release:
* JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA with JAIN SLEE 1.1 Container installed (in /jboss-5.1.0.GA)
* Mobicents Jopr Web Management Console (in /tools/management-console)
* Mobicents SLEE Remote Connection Tool 2.4.0.FINAL (in
/tools/remote-slee-connection)
* Mobicents EclipSLEE Plugin 2.0.0.CR1 (in /tools/eclipslee)
* Mobicents Media Server 2.1.0.BETA1 (in /extra/mobicents-media-server)
* Mobicents Diameter 1.4.0.CR1 (in /extra/mobicents-diameter)
* Mobicents SS7 1.0.0.BETA10 (in /extra/mobicents-ss7)
* Mobicents SIP Load Balancer 1.4.0 (in /extra/sip-balancer)
* Resource adaptors: Diameter Base, Diameter CCA, Diameter
Cx/Dx, Diameter Gq, Diameter Gx, Diameter Rf, Diameter Ro, Diameter Rx,
Diameter Sh Client, Diameter Sh Server, HTTP Servlet, HTTP Client,
JDBC, JCC, MAP,
MGCP, SIP complaint with JAIN SLEE1.1 specs, SMPP v5 , TFTP Server,
XCAP Client,
XMPP (in /resources)
* Educational examples: Call Controller 2, Converged Demo, Google Talk
Bot, MGCP Demo,
SIP B2BUA, SIP Services, SIP UAS, SIP Wake Up (in /examples)
* Enablers: HSS Client, SIP Publication Client, SIP Subscription
Client, REST Client,
XDM Client (in /enablers)
* Sources zip for debug purposes

SVN sources and tag:
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/core/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-base/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cca/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cx-dx/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-gq/1.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-gx/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-rf/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-ro/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-rx/1.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-client/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-server/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-client/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-servlet/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/jcc/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/map/1.0.0.BETA10
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/mgcp/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/sip11/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/smpp5/2.5.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/tftp-server/1.0.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xcap-client/2.4.1.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xmpp/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/hss-client/1.0.0.CR1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/sip-publication-client/1.0.0.CR1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/rest-client/1.0.0.BETA1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/enablers/xdm-client/1.0.0.CR3
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/call-controller2/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/converged-demo/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/google-talk-bot/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/mgcp-demo/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-b2bua/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-services/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-wakeup/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/eclipslee/2.0.0.CR1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/jopr-plugin/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/remote-slee-connection/2.4.0.FINAL
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/tools/twiddle/1.0.0.CR1
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/cluster/1.12
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/mobicents-jain-sip-ext-1.0
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/mobicents-jain-sip-ha-1.3.0
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/tools/sip-balancer/sip-balancer-1.4
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/protocols/ss7/mobicents-ss7-1.0.0.BETA10

* The source code license is LGPL 2.1.
* Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x requires JDK6.

Download URL:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.5.0.FINAL/mobicents-jainslee-2.5.0.FINAL-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip

Note that online docs at http://www.mobicents.org/slee/docs.html now point
to the documentation bundled with this release.

Quick start:
Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable set (or it is pointing to the
jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and start the container, through
run.sh/run.bat startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information
regarding the JAIN SLEE Container in the documentation available at
the docs directory.

Very Important:
solutions, such as training or consultancy. More at
http://www.redhat.com/solutions/telco

A final note, thanks to all Mobicents community members who also helped
with the making of this release, with reports and/or testing enhancements.
There were two standouts this time, Vilius Panevėžys from Elitnet, and
Carl-Magnus Björkell from Emblacom, and as recognition for their community
work (not only with respect to this release), they now are members of the
Mobicents Core team, congratulations to both.

Cheers.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

aayush

Sep 22, 2011, 3:12:31 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Congrats

Amit Bhayani

Sep 22, 2011, 4:12:44 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! Huge step ahead!

Jean Deruelle

Sep 22, 2011, 4:13:11 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Huge release, congrats!

Tom Uijldert

Sep 22, 2011, 4:24:06 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
[snip]
> The full list of development issues with respect to this release can be
> found at
> http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=SLEE=2.4.1.FINAL
> %20status=Fixed

Should be (?):
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=SLEE=2.5.0.FINAL%20status=Fixed

Congrats btw.

Regards,
Tom Uijldert.

Vilius Panevėžys

Sep 22, 2011, 5:27:17 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to the team for another great release of the best JSLEE!

Just one thing I want to check. IIRC, there was 2.5.0.CR1 planned before FINAL
due to the changes in the core. Was that cancelled and so this is the rock solid
final release without any delay? :)

--
Vilius Panevėžys
Elitnet

> - Generating traces& alarms, managing resources, user statistics;

Eduardo Martins

Sep 22, 2011, 10:34:06 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
It took more time than predicted, and during that time we didn't
notice any instability or other issues, so we decided to release it as
FINAL.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

Eduardo Martins

Sep 22, 2011, 10:34:43 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
You're correct Tom, thanks.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

Ivelin Ivanov

Sep 22, 2011, 10:36:58 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats for a feature packed, yet increasingly stable JSLEE 2.x branch release!

Sachin Parnami

Sep 22, 2011, 10:51:17 AM9/22/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Wow Congrats ;)
Regards,
Sachin Parnami

Eduardo Martins

Sep 24, 2011, 6:45:03 AM9/24/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Seems I forgot some important information regarding EclipSLEE, the new
version requires Eclipse Indigo and M2E, the new name of the Maven
collaboration tools for Eclipse.