Mobicents Sip Servlets 0.7 released !!

Jean Deruelle

Nov 21, 2008, 3:28:50 PM11/21/08
to mobicents-public, mobicen...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce the public availability of Mobicents Sip Servlets v0.7 certified for Sip Servlets 1.1 !

Mobicents Sip Servlets implementation run on top of  Apache Tomcat 6.0.14 and now on JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA.

The highlights of this release are :

See http://www.mobicents.org/roadmap.html for more information and links to corresponding Issues

Thanks to the community for the bug reports and to Hauke Dämpfling for its contributions

What is included in this release:
---------------------------------

* Mobicents SIP Servlets 0.7 Sip Servlets 1.1 (JSR 289) certified containers
* Management Console
* Educational converged example : Click To Call
* Diameter Service and Example (please make sure to change the dar file)
* Mobicents Media Server 1.0.0-CR3 (Only for the JBoss distro)
* The Mobicents SIP load Balancer: http://www.mobicents.org/load-balancer.html (Only JBoss distro)
* The server/all profile configured for clustering in JBoss with predeployed simple-sip-servlet-distributable application to test clustering and mid call failover (Only JBoss distro)

Project site :
-------------------
Mobicents Sip Servlets homepage :
http://www.mobicents.org/products_sip_servlets.html

Where to download from?
-----------------------
The distribution can be found on sourceforget.net :
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102670&package_id=262024&release_id=641930

SVN tag:
----------------
* SVN checkout
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/sip-servlets/release-0.7

* SVN browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/tags/servers/sip-servlets/release-0.7

Source repositories:
-------------------
* SVN checkout
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/servers/sip-servlets

* SVN browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/trunk/servers/sip-servlets

How to get started:
-------------------
You'll find online instructions at
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/MobicentsDocumentation/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/html_single/index.html#chapter-Mobicents_SIP_Servlets_Server
or http://www.mobicents.org/installation.html on how to get the server running.
Once the server is running, you'll find online instructions at http://www.mobicents.org/examples.html to try out the examples.

Alternatively, there is a README file in the top directory of both zip files.
<container>-SIP-SERVLETS-README.txt

Roadmap

Mobicents Sip Servlets Team

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 21, 2008, 3:36:07 PM11/21/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
What a pretty day :)

Jean Deruelle

Nov 21, 2008, 3:40:40 PM11/21/08
to mobicents-public, mobicen...@googlegroups.com
I just realized that this release just happens on the birthday of my joining JBoss/Red Hat one year ago. So the project is now a little more than one year old !
Happy birthday Mobicents Sip Servlets and thanks to all that contributed to it.
Also it has been a hell of a week, so much releases for Mobicents... :-)

Eduardo Martins

Nov 21, 2008, 5:01:38 PM11/21/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, mobicen...@googlegroups.com
Congrats :-)

-- Eduardo

Vladimir Ralev

Nov 23, 2008, 8:01:03 AM11/23/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Jean, why dont you blog about it? Such a good release should get max marketing feed. :)

Amit Bhayani

Nov 23, 2008, 11:25:15 PM11/23/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, mobicen...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

Tried this out.
IMHO
1. Jopr should be available with binary rather than a separate download. But after discussing with Vladimir realized that you guys already have plan for that
2. Examples like conference should be packaged with binary and some ant script like 'ant deploy-all' should deploy the .war / .sar as well as dar propoerties file. But as commented by Vladimir that will complicate the things and Sip Servlet Console is better.

Amit.

Jean Deruelle

Nov 24, 2008, 6:48:04 AM11/24/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
I intended to blog this earlier but we thought my wife was gonna give birth to our third kid this week end.... but not yet ready it seems... stay tuned
Regarding the blog here it is : http://jeanderuelle.blogspot.com/2008/11/one-year-jboss-mobicents-sip-servlets.html

Jean Deruelle

Nov 24, 2008, 6:55:33 AM11/24/08
to mobicen...@googlegroups.com, mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Amit for the feedback

1. We pondered it but since Jopr was increasing the startup time of about 20 sec we figured it was not very complicated to download the war http://mobicents.googlecode.com/files/embedded-jopr.war and drop it into server/default/deploy
2. Better to use the Management Console indeed because there is no need to restart the server also.

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 24, 2008, 4:40:29 PM11/24/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Can't wait to starting working on the next one?

Jean Deruelle

Nov 25, 2008, 3:40:35 AM11/25/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Actually we are going to stop there but we will continue practicing :-)

Jean Deruelle

Nov 25, 2008, 5:33:02 AM11/25/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
We just created a new blog for Mobicents Sip Servlets at http://mobicents-sip-servlets.blogspot.com.
This will be the new channel of blogging communication for announcements, news, etc related to the project instead of vlad and I personal blogs.
Our blogs might be used for more in depth description of various features we are working on, or some tutorials, etc

We also posted the announcement to dzone
See http://www.dzone.com/links/mobicents_sip_servlets_07_released_.html to vote it up :-)

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 25, 2008, 9:57:34 AM11/25/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I will add it to the aggregated Mobicents blog.