Mobicents Media Server 1.0.0.CR3 Released!

Amit Bhayani

Nov 20, 2008, 1:17:29 AM11/20/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
We are happy to announce release of Mobicents Media Server All (MMS) v1.0.0.CR3

This mobicents-media-server-all-1.0.0.CR3 binary is having
    * Mobicents Media Server
    * Examples for Mobicents Media Server
    * Controllers which includes MGCP controller and Media Server Controller which is local (in JVM) controller for MMS
    * Resource Adaprors required by examples
    * Mobicents Media Server Management Console to manage the endpoints/connections of MMS via web. Available at http://localhost:8080/mms-console

This is complete Media Server which includes the JBoss AS 4.2.3.GA and Mobicents Core Server (JAIN SLEE 1.2.2.GA).

http://www.mobicents.org/products_media_server.html

Highlights of 1.0.0.CR3

1) This is a bug fix release of CR3.
2) One of the important bug fix is media packets arriving at UA in short span of time and over fills jitter buffer causing audio distortion. Look at http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=464
3) Enhanced the MSC API and added getMsLinks to MsProvider http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=451
4) MsLink now works in half-duplex mode
5) If Application tries to use Endpoint with Package that it doesnt support the MsNotification listener gets event warning that package is not supported with error message in logs. http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/detail?id=434
6) As usual fixed other bugs related to functionality and performance
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=Media-Server%20label%3AMilestone-Release-1.0.0.CR3
7) mms-console now shows the active Endpoints and number of connections that each may be holding with option to destroy them forcefully. Option to start / stop / destroy server from console.

Where to download from?

-----------------------
The distribution can be found on SourceForge.net. The binary package is mobicents-media-server-1.0.0.CR3.zip:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=102670&package_id=263989&release_id=641653

Source repositories:
-------------------
* SVN
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/servers/media

* SVN TAG

Core
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/tags/servers/media/core/mobicents-media-server-core-1.0.0.CR3

Controllers
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/tags/servers/media/controllers/mobicents-media-server-controllers-1.0.0.CR3

Examples
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/tags/servers/media/examples/mobicents-media-server-examples-1.0.0.CR3

How to get started & Media Server Documentation
http://groups.google.com/group/mobicents-public/web/user-guide - Chapter 8

Looking forward to your feedback:
---------------------------------
http://forums.java.net/jive/category.jspa?categoryID=36

Mobicents Media Server Team

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 20, 2008, 11:01:19 AM11/20/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Great. Hopefully this is the candidate that gets elected for GA.
Community feedback is welcome to help us determine that.

Ivelin

Michael Yuan

Nov 20, 2008, 3:31:21 PM11/20/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the good work!

I am curious about the half duplex link: I know I can specify HALF_DUPLEX when I create the link. But how do I take an existing full duplex link and make it half duplex (ie, to mute it)?

Also, exactly which direction is half duplex here?Does it allow audio from enp 1 to 2, or the other way around? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Vladimir Ralev

Nov 20, 2008, 4:34:13 PM11/20/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
You can disconnect the old link and reconnect a HALF_DUPLEX link in any direction. The direction is specified by the order of the params of join(A,B) - from A to B. There is an example with a conf here http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/servers/sip-servlets/sip-servlets-examples/conference-demo

Oleg Kulikov

Nov 20, 2008, 11:30:59 PM11/20/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
it is possible to change mode at runtime also. the good question about direction :)

if link joins endpoints A and B, then in half duplex mode A sends to B only.

Michael Yuan

Nov 20, 2008, 11:41:55 PM11/20/08
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the clarification on the direction. How do I change the mode at runtime then? Can you provide an example? Thanks!

cheers
Michael