Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.0.0.BETA2 released!

Eduardo Martins

Nov 19, 2009, 4:42:43 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Step number 2 on evolution! We are happy to announce Mobicents JAIN-SLEE 2.0.0.BETA2,
the second beta of the second generation Mobicents JAIN SLEE container, compliant with
JAIN SLEE 1.1 specification, and built on top of JBoss AS 5.x.

First an overview of the changes in the container core, where this release introduces clustering,
be it simple high availability or full state replication, including fault tolerant timers. The container
also exposes a simple API for Fault Tolerant Resources Adaptors, which may need to replicate
and/or fail over their own data in the cluster. Also in the same matter, there are different flavors for
JAIN SLEE Profiles and Usage Parameters clustering, which can be configured to be completely
local or shared by all cluster nodes (requires external database for profiles).

With respect to included Resource Adaptors, the SIP one has been completely reworked,
it is now way faster (about 2 times!!), and provides established dialogs fail over. New in this release are
the Diameter Base, Diameter CCA, Diameter Sh Client, HTTP Servlet, HTTP Client, MGCP, SMPP and
XMPP Resource Adaptors, migrated and enhanced from Mobicents JAIN SLEE 1.2.

This release also now includes a well known example, Google Talk Bot, which was migrated from
Mobicents JAIN SLEE 1.2.

Finally, the release does not includes the expected JBoss ON Management Console, since
the team felt its current state adds no value, with respect to the JAIN SLEE 1.1 specs JMX
Console available.

More information about Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x can be found at
http://groups.google.com/group/mobicents-public/web/mobicents-jainslee-server-v2

Also more examples can be found in the SVN at http://mobicents.googlecode.
com/svn/trunk/servers/jain-slee/examples

At this stage any feedback is priceless, give it a try and let us know
how it is, it should be already pretty stable.

BETA1 was the beginning, this one is not the end! :-)

What is included in this release:
------------------------------
* JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA
* Core JAIN SLEE compliant with JAIN SLEE 1.1
* Resource adaptors: Diameter Base, Diameter CCA, Diameter Sh Client, HTTP Servlet, HTTP Client,
  MGCP, SIP complaint with JAIN SLEE 1.1 specs, SMPP, XMPP
* Educational examples: Google Talk Bot, SIP Services, SIP Wake Up
* Sources zip for debug purposes

SVN sources and tag:
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/cluster/mobicents-cluster-1.0
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/core/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-base/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-cca/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/diameter-sh-client/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-client/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/http-servlet/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/mgcp/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/sip11/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/smpp/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/resources/xmpp/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/google-talk-bot/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-service/2.0.0.BETA2
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/jain-slee/2.x.y/examples/sip-wakeup/2.0.0.BETA2

Download URL:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mobicents/files/Mobicents%20JAIN%20SLEE%20Server/2.0.0.BETA2/mobicents-jainslee-2.0.0.BETA2-jboss-5.1.0.GA.zip/download

How to start:
Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable
set (or it is pointing to the jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and
start the container as usual, through run.sh/run.bat
startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information in the
readme.txt file contained in the zip file, such as how to
deploy/undeploy the SIP RA or the included examples.

Note: Diameter Stack/Multiplexer is not included in the release. If you want to use any of the Diameter Resource Adaptors, please download it from
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mobicents/Mobicents%20Diameter/mobicents-diameter-1.1.0.GA/mobicents-diameter-mux-jboss5-1.1.0.GA.sar.zip,
extract and copy sar folder to deploy folder.

For more information and configuration, please check the Diameter User Guide at
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/view/Mobicents/job/MobicentsBooks/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/diameter/index.html

Raziya Bhayani

Nov 19, 2009, 4:47:26 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
CONGRATS!

aayush bhatnagar

Nov 19, 2009, 4:55:05 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
A big monkey off your back ! Congratulations.
--
aayush
http://in.linkedin.com/in/abhatnagar19

Sachin Parnami

Nov 19, 2009, 5:06:15 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!
Does clustering environment requires changes in RAs as well?
Diameter, Http-client works out of the box with clustering enabled?
--
Regards,
Sachin Parnami

Jean Deruelle

Nov 19, 2009, 5:07:32 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats on this HUGE release !

Eduardo Martins

Nov 19, 2009, 5:24:29 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
No, a JAIN SLEE 1.1 compliant RA can be used with or without clustering, the big difference is that it must be aware that at some point it may be queried for liveness of activities it never known (from a dead cluster node), because the container's state is replicated but the RA is not. But like the announcement says, there is a very simple API you can use in a RA (implements FaulTolerantResourceAdaptor instead of implements ResourceAdaptor), where the RA is injected with a FaultTolerantResourceAdaptorContext, which provides access to a replicated (with or without fail over callbacks) data source.

At this point documentation is almost none, and the only fault tolerant ready RA doesn't use it (the SIP RA uses our new JAIN SIP HA stack, which takes care of replication on its own) but we hope to quickly fix it, provide example, and possibly also have another community web presentation to fire it up.

-- Eduardo

Jean Deruelle

Nov 19, 2009, 5:25:29 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Sachin Parnami

Nov 19, 2009, 5:28:52 AM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clarification Eduardo ;)
--
Regards,
Sachin Parnami

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 19, 2009, 12:01:33 PM11/19/09
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Big thanks to Eduardo, Alex, Bartek, Luis, and everyone else who was
involved in this MAJOR release!

This is a great step forward for Mobicents and the JSLEE community.

Ivelin

jivkoto

Nov 20, 2009, 5:27:14 AM11/20/09
to mobicents-public