Mobicents Media Server (MMS) v2.1.0.BETA1 Released!

Amit Bhayani

Nov 19, 2010, 7:01:42 AM11/19/10
to mobicents-public
We are happy to announce the release of Mobicents Media Server (MMS) v2.1.0.BETA1

The biggest feature added in this release is RTCP capability.
Also the timer precision within MMS is now accurate to nano seconds. This greatly improves the voice quality.

The MMS 2.x.y can be controlled using MGCP Protocol

To understand how to use JSR-309 Impl with Sip Servlet look at JSR 309 Demo example available with latest Mobicents Sip Servlets Server release.

To understand how to use Mobicents Media Server with JAIN SLEE Server look at mgcp-demo, echo and packet-relay-demo examples.

Mobicents Media Server Home Page:

MMS Guide page:

To know the details of issues fixed in this release follow

Where to download from?
-----------------------
The distribution can be found on SourceForge.net. The binary package for standalone is mms-standalone-2.1.0.BETA1.zip
Download from

Source repositories:
-------------------

SVN checkout

SVN Browsing

Looking forward to your feedback:
---------------------------------

Mobicents Media Server Team

mosbah abdelkader

Nov 19, 2010, 9:00:17 AM11/19/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
How to build the zap native library: I think the makefile of the library is missing in the source.

Eduardo Martins

Nov 19, 2010, 9:10:04 AM11/19/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations :)

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

Amit Bhayani

Nov 19, 2010, 9:23:26 AM11/19/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mosabh,

The native-maven-plugin in servers/media/core/zap/native/linux/pom.xml is responsible for building the native module

Make sure you change the following property

<properties>
<include.zap>/usr/include/dahdi</include.zap>
</properties>

and point it to your dahdi folder

to build mms with ss7 execute with ss7 and linux profile

mvn clean install -Pss7,linux

As of now the native module is only for linux OS

mosbah abdelkader

Nov 19, 2010, 9:25:56 AM11/19/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Ok thanks a lot.

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 19, 2010, 6:46:07 PM11/19/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, team.

Looking forward to hearing feedback from community users on the
improved voice quality.

Ivelin

Vladimir Ralev

Nov 20, 2010, 2:21:36 AM11/20/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Looks like the quality is indeed much better.

Congrats.

Ivelin Ivanov

Nov 20, 2010, 4:32:45 PM11/20/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Excellent!

For both IVR and conferencing?

Can anyone else confirm Vladimir's experience?

Ivelin

imranrazakhan

Nov 20, 2010, 4:55:25 PM11/20/10
to mobicents-public
Hi,

I am looking for clustering support in MMS. I was reading document of
Oracle Communication and Sercices Gatekeeper(OCSG), in which they
write following

The Audio Call/SIP plug-in is usable only with high availability
systems if the media
server supports clustering. See your media server documentation to
find out whether
the media server supports clustering.

Please comment

Regards,
imran

On Nov 19, 5:01 pm, Amit Bhayani <amit.bhay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are happy to announce the release of *Mobicents Media Server (MMS)
> v2.1.0.BETA1*
>
> The biggest feature added in this release is RTCP capability.
> Also the timer precision within MMS is now accurate to nano seconds. This
> greatly improves the voice quality.
>
> The MMS 2.x.y can be controlled using MGCP Protocol
>
> To understand how to use JSR-309 Impl with Sip Servlet look at JSR 309
> Demo<http://www.mobicents.org/mss-jsr309-demo.html>example available
> with latest Mobicents Sip Servlets Server release.
>
> To understand how to use Mobicents Media Server with JAIN SLEE Server look
> at mgcp-demo<http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/trunk/servers/j...>,
> echo<http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/trunk/servers/j...>and
> packet-relay-demo<http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/trunk/servers/j...>examples.
>
> *Mobicents Media Server Home Page:*http://www.mobicents.org/mms/mms-main.html
>
> *MMS Guide page:*http://www.mobicents.org/mms/mms-docs.html
>
> To know the details of issues fixed in this release followhttp://code.google.com/p/mobicents/issues/list?can=1&q=label:Componen...
>
> *Where to download from?*
> -----------------------
> The distribution can be found on SourceForge.net. The binary package for
> standalone is mms-standalone-2.1.0.BETA1.zip
> Download fromhttp://sourceforge.net/downloads/mobicents/Mobicents%20Media%20Server...
>
> *Source repositories:*
> -------------------
>
> SVN checkouthttp://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/media/2.x.y/core/mms...
>
> SVN Browsinghttp://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/#svn/tags/servers/me...
>
> Looking forward to your feedback:
> ---------------------------------http://groups.google.com/group/mobicents-public
>
> *Mobicents Media Server Team*

Amit Bhayani

Nov 21, 2010, 1:10:13 AM11/21/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Imran,

The idea of clustering in MMS is Call gateway (CG)/Media Gateway Controller (MGC) control's various Media Gateways (MG). For example consider two MG's doing IVR. Now only CG/MGC can decide where to route new request to depending on how many active calls going one.

For example 1st Call is G711 codec which is not intensive on CPU but another call is G.729 which is very heavy on CPU, and hence simple round-robin algo may not work. Also the call durations varies a lot.

Attached a simple architecture diagram showing how Mobicents Media Sever can be used in cluster.

Cheers
Amit.
MMS-Cluster.jpg

Vladimir Ralev

Nov 21, 2010, 5:21:18 AM11/21/10
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
By better quality I just mean the playback seems to be stable even with high background CPU load. I think MMS team was testing something similar not long ago. They may want to update the results more objectively.

imranrazakhan

Nov 22, 2010, 12:48:44 AM11/22/10
to mobicents-public
Hi Amit,

With perspective to OCSG we have to configure MSCONTROL Factory to
Mobicent Media Server(JSR309 based), This return JNDI of MSCONTROL
Factory.
We use JNDI to get access to Factory and do rest of work with JSR309
based API.

Now i am looking how we can configure clustering on MMS. In OCSG they
mentioned that HP Media Server support clustering with JSR309.

Regards,
imran