Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.4.0.FINAL released.

Eduardo Martins

May 3, 2011, 6:06:48 AM5/3/11
to mobicents-public
We are glad to announce that Mobicents JAIN-SLEE 2.4.0.FINAL, the first stable
version of SAKURA, is now available for download.

Release Notes:

The JAIN SLEE Core stabilizes the container life-cycle introduced in last release,
which redefined the startup, shutdown and deployment phases, making it possible
to start and shutdown a cluster node, in every possible way without introducing any
harm on the running services. This release introduces additional JAIN SLEE 1.1
extensions, ChildRelationExt and SbbLocalObjectExt, which allows a much simpler,
and efficient application code when working with SBB child relations. Also new is the
enhancement of the Fault Tolerant RA API, with a Fault Tolerant Timer, which RAs
may use to schedule tasks that support fail-over.

This release introduces two new Resource Adaptors: the JDBC RA, which provides
an efficient and asynchronous model to interact with JDBC Datasources, and the
TFTP Server RA, which enables applications to turn Mobicents JAIN SLEE into a TFTP
Server. The TFTP Server RA was contributed by Massxess ( http://www.massxess.nl ),
an active Mobicents JAIN SLEE community partner.

With respect to SS7, the release bundles the newest Mobicents SS7 1.0.0.BETA8, and
updates also the related JCC and MAP Resource Adaptors.

Regarding the bundled application Enablers, all were update to take advantage of the
JAIN SLEE 1.1 extensions, their interfaces were also simplified. All are now released
as Candidate Release, and should quickly gain FINAL status. Note that the IMS User
Profile Enabler was renamed to HSS Client, since its functionality is not limited to IMS
User Profile data.

In the Tools department, we are proud to introduce another milestone of EclipSLEE,
the JAIN SLEE Eclipse Plugin. This new BETA version includes multiple bug fixes,
supports our JAIN SLEE 1.1 extensions, and now allows editing components/modules
after creation.

About Mobicents JAIN SLEE:

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x is the first and *only* open source JAIN SLEE
1.1 (JSR 240) compliant platform, a low latency and high throughput
application/service environment for event processing, designed for
stringent requirements of core network signaling application, and to
support scalability and availability through clustering.

The environment provides common behavior to all services:
- Managing component life-cycle (install/activate/deactivate/uninstall)
- Generating traces & alarms, managing resources, user statistics;
- Common behavior is not re-developed for each and every service, the
service developer only cares about service logic

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x generation represents a major
step forward, introducing major performance/latency improvements. High
Availability and Fault Tolerance features are included , such as fault
tolerant timers, full application state replication, or the Fault
Tolerant Resource Adaptor API, an easy to use API that JAIN SLEE 1.1
resource adaptors can use to work correctly in a clustered
environement. Flexibility is a keyword in the new platform too, JAIN
SLEE profiles are mapped to JPA data sources, and extensive
configuration options can be used to tweak the platform behavior.

Platform management can be achieved through different tools: the
JMX web console giving full access to JAIN SLEE 1.1 and custom
Mobicents MBeans; and the new Jopr ( http://www.jboss.org/jopr )
Plugin, which allows the full JBoss and Mobicents platforms to have a
consistent and unified advanced management and monitoring tool. The
Twiddle CLI, for quick management of the application server. A SNMP
adaptor is also available in the underlying JBoss AS.

The full list of development issues with respect to this release can be found at

What is included in this release:
* JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA with JAIN SLEE 1.1 Container installed (in /jboss-5.1.0.GA)
* Mobicents Jopr Web Management Console (in /tools/management-console)
* Mobicents SLEE Remote Connection Tool 2.4.0.FINAL (in /tools/remote-slee-connection)
* Mobicents EclipSLEE Plugin 2.0.0.BETA3 (in /tools/eclipslee)
* Mobicents Media Server 2.1.0.BETA1 (in /extra/mobicents-media-server)
* Mobicents Diameter 1.4.0.BETA1 (in /extra/mobicents-diameter)
* Mobicents SS7 1.0.0.BETA8 (in /extra/mobicents-ss7)
* Mobicents SIP Load Balancer 1.2.FINAL (in /extra/sip-balancer)
* Resource adaptors: Diameter Base, Diameter CCA, Diameter
Cx/Dx,Diameter Gx, Diameter Rf, Diameter Ro, Diameter Sh Client, Diameter Sh
Server, HTTP Servlet, HTTP Client, JDBC, JCC, MAP, MGCP, SIP complaint with JAIN SLEE
1.1 specs, SMPP v5 , TFTP Server, XCAP Client, XMPP (in /resources)
* Educational examples: Call Controller 2, Converged Demo, Google Talk Bot, MGCP Demo,
SIP B2BUA, SIP Services, SIP UAS, SIP Wake Up (in /examples)
* Enablers: HSS Client, SIP Publication Client, SIP Subscription Client, XDM Client
(in /enablers)
* Sources zip for debug purposes

SVN sources and tag:

The source code license is LGPL 2.1.

Download URL:

Note that Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.x requires JDK6.

Quick start:
Simply extract the content of the binary release zip, make sure there
is no JBOSS_HOME environment variable set (or it is pointing to the
jboss-5.1.0.GA directory extracted) and start the container, through
run.sh/run.bat startup scripts in jboss-5.1.0.GA/bin. More information
regarding the JAIN SLEE Container in the documentation available at
the docs directory.

Very Important:
solutions, such as training or consultancy. More at

A final note, thanks to all Mobicents community members who also helped
with the making of this release, with reports and/or testing enhancements.

Cheers.

-- Eduardo
http://emmartins.blogspot.com
http://redhat.com/solutions/telco

mosbah abdelkader

May 3, 2011, 6:15:19 AM5/3/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Great news. Thank you.

If you permit, I would like to suggest that you setup a remote development and testbed environment for mobicents projects, so contributions will be easier.

Thanks again.

aayush

May 3, 2011, 6:29:04 AM5/3/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Congrats!!

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Eduardo Martins <emma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are glad to ...

Teresa Reis

May 3, 2011, 6:30:33 AM5/3/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
That is great news not just for Mobicents team, but for the comunity.

cumps,
ziza

Ibrahima Gaye

May 3, 2011, 6:55:31 AM5/3/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats,
nice to see TFTP Server under the hood :)
ibrahim.

Jean Deruelle

May 3, 2011, 8:15:57 AM5/3/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats !!!

Wale F.

May 3, 2011, 8:17:58 AM5/3/11
to mobicents-public
Great news. Good work Mobicents team.

On May 3, 6:55 am, Ibrahima Gaye <ibrahima.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congrats,
> nice to see TFTP Server under the hood :)
> ibrahim.
>

> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:30 AM, Teresa Reis <zizata...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is great news not just for Mobicents team, but for the comunity.
>
> > cumps,
> > ziza
>
> > 2011/5/3 mosbah abdelkader <mosbah.abdelka...@gmail.com>
>
> >> Great news. Thank you.
>
> >> If you permit, I would like to suggest that you setup a remote development
> >> and testbed environment for mobicents projects, so contributions will be
> >> easier.
>
> >> Thanks again.

> read more »- Hide quoted text -

shay