Mobicents Diameter v1.4.0.BETA1 Released!

Alexandre Mendonça

Mar 29, 2011, 7:23:57 AM3/29/11
to Mobicents Public, Mobicents Core
We are happy to announce a new Mobicents Diameter release, v1.4.0.BETA1 !

What's new in this release?

In this release we bring the following main improvements:

 - Better Cluster Support: Improved cluster support by updating to the latest Mobicents Cluster framework and fine-graining replicated data;

 - More Performance: Stack performance was improved mostly at high load, with benefit to both standalone and JAIN SLEE Resource Adaptors;

 - Enhanced Stability: Several issues regarding stack failure point (either in functionality or conformance with specification) were identified and fixed, providing a more stable stack;

 - New Dictionary Format: A better format for the Diameter Dictionary was adopted in order to be more easily extendable and provide extended features in the next releases.

This is a BETA release as there are API and deep core changes happening, but it's been thoroughly tested, with the testsuite extended to cover more than ever, including message flows for all applications both in standalone and cluster mode!

As usual, it includes several improvements and fixes to the Stack, Multiplexer and Resource Adaptors.

Mobicents JAIN SLEE 2.4.0.CR1 "SAKURA" compliant Resource Adaptors with HA support are included, for the following applications:
 > Base
 > CCA
 > Sh-Client
 > Sh-Server
 > Ro
 > Rf
 > Cx/Dx
 > Gx

It is also included the User Guides for Core (Stack and Multiplexer), Resource Adaptors and Jopr Plugin for Mobicents Diameter.

Diameter MUX component for JBoss 4.x and JBoss 5.x are also released as a standalone.

Issues List:
The list of issues fixed can be found at

Where to download:
  » Full bundle (Stack, Mux, JAIN SLEE RAs and Examples)

What is included in this release?
Core:
» Mobicents jDiameter Stack v1.5.5.0-build440
» Mobicents jDiameter HA v1.0.0.BETA3
» Mobicents Diameter Mux v1.4.0.BETA1

Resource Adaptors:
» Mobicents Diameter Base RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter CCA RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter Sh-Client RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter Sh-Server RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter Ro RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter Rf RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter Cx/Dx RA v2.4.0.CR1
» Mobicents Diameter Gx RA v2.4.0.CR1

Examples:
» Mobicents Diameter Base Example v2.1.2.FINAL
» Mobicents Diameter OpenIMS Example v2.1.2.FINAL

Management:
» Mobicents Diameter Jopr Plugin 1.0.0.BETA2

SVN source code and tag:

How to get started:
Each component contains a README and/or User Guide file which explains how to use it, please refer to it.

Documentation
For documentation and information about this release components, please visit Mobicents Diameter Homepage at

For the latest version of Mobicents Diameter User Guide, visit:

The Mobicents Team

Jean Deruelle

Mar 29, 2011, 8:25:10 AM3/29/11
to mobicen...@googlegroups.com, Alexandre Mendonça, Mobicents Public
Congrats!

aayush

Mar 29, 2011, 9:41:52 AM3/29/11
to mobicen...@googlegroups.com, Mobicents Public

Congrats..

What are the new DIAMETER perf figures?

Ibrahima Gaye

Mar 29, 2011, 9:44:30 AM3/29/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, aayush, mobicen...@googlegroups.com
Congrats

Ivelin Ivanov

Mar 29, 2011, 9:48:28 AM3/29/11
to mobicen...@googlegroups.com, mobicen...@googlegroups.com, Alexandre Mendonça, Mobicents Public
Long anticipated! Great release!

Ivelin

mosbah abdelkader

Mar 29, 2011, 10:06:54 AM3/29/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com, Ivelin Ivanov, mobicen...@googlegroups.com, Alexandre Mendonça
Great Job :)

Alexandre Mendonça

Mar 29, 2011, 11:46:48 AM3/29/11
to mobicen...@googlegroups.com, aayush, Mobicents Public
These are unofficial numbers, as we haven't yet setup the appropriate tests in our perf labs (which will be done in the following weeks), but in my home machine (C2D, 4GB RAM) I got up to 8~9K req/s for stateless accounting, while before I could get ~6K req/s. Of course the figures may vary depending on message length, application, stateful vs stateless, etc.. so we will set a "base" for evaluating it more accurately.

Stay tuned! :)

--
Alexandre Mendonça // JBoss R&D
http://ammendonca.blogspot.com/