Mobicents Sip Servlets 2.0.0.ALPHA2 and CDI Telco Framework 1.0.0.ALPHA1 released !

Jean Deruelle

Apr 19, 2011, 4:26:58 PM4/19/11
to mobicents-public
We are proud to announce Mobicents Sip Servlets 2.0.0.ALPHA2, certified against the Sip Servlets 1.1 specification and working on top of Tomcat 7.0.and licensed under LGPL.

We are proud to announce our Mobicents Sip Servlets 2.0.0.ALPHA2 version , certified against the Sip Servlets 1.1 specification and working on top of Tomcat 7.0.8.

This release goes a step further in our march towards creating Mobicents Sip Servlets 2.0 by adding :

  • CDI integration with our new framework : Converged CDI Telco Framework (CTF) . CTF mission statement is to simplify SipServlets development by introducing a component based programming model, ease of development by making available SIP utilities out of the box, and finally providing dependency injection and contextual lifecycle management to the SipServlets.
  • Better Servlet 3.0 integration : Check out our Converged Click2Call Async Servlet 3.0 application that leverages the new Async (Server Push) features from the Servlet 3.0 specification integrated to the Sip Servlets specification

Again a BIG Thanks to Georges Vagenas who does it again and contribute this second ALPHA release along with the CDI Telco Framework that will allow you to create Converged SIP/HTTP Applications benefiting from the new HTTP Servlet 3.0 features such as Asynchronous Support and benefit from Java EE 6 with a better component based model for SIP Applications.

Check the complete Roadmap to see what's cooking ahead

Note: The code was based on the same code as ALPHA1 ie between MSS 1.4.0.FINAL and MSS 1.5.0.FINAL.

What is included in this release:
  • Mobicents SIP Servlets 2.0.0.ALPHA2JSR 289 certified container
  • Bundled User Guide
  • Converged example showcasing Servlet 3.0 Async Server Push : Click To Call Async Servlet 3.0

Project site :
-------------------
Mobicents Sip Servlets homepage :
http://www.mobicents.org/products_sip_servlets.html

Where to download from?
-----------------------
http://www.mobicents.org/mss-downloads.html

SVN tag:
----------------
* SVN checkout
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/sip-servlets/release-2.0.0.ALPHA2

* SVN browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/tags/servers/sip-servlets/release-2.0.0.ALPHA2

Source repositories:
-------------------
* SVN checkout
http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/branches/servers/sip-servlets/2.0

* SVN browsing
http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/branches/servers/sip-servlets/2.0

How to get started:
-------------------
You'll find the user guide bundled with the release under the docs directory within the zip of the release

Once the server is running, you'll find online instructions at http://www.mobicents.org/examples.html to try out the examples.

Alternatively, there is a README file in the top directory of both zip files.
<container>-SIP-SERVLETS-README.txt

Roadmap
---------------------------------
To check our progress and know what lies ahead for the Mobicents Sip Servlets project, please check out http://www.mobicents.org/roadmap.html

Looking forward to your feedback:
---------------------------------

Mobicents Sip Servlets Team

Ivelin Ivanov

Apr 19, 2011, 4:35:32 PM4/19/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations team!

CTF looks hot, hot, hot!

Would be great to see how other IMS protocols can fit in CDI for a
unified programming model without the need for lengthy specifications
standards such as Diameter Servlets, XMPP servlets or RTSP servlets.
Maybe even SS7(SIGTRAN/M3UA) can fit in as a clean CDI extension.
Granted, broader community input would be helpful to narrow down what
makes sense.

Ivelin

Jean Deruelle

Apr 19, 2011, 4:49:12 PM4/19/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com

Amit Bhayani

Apr 19, 2011, 9:48:51 PM4/19/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Congrats Team!

Ibrahima Gaye

Apr 21, 2011, 7:17:37 AM4/21/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
First of all congrats,

To what extend is it necessary to know the Sip Servlet programming model in order to use the CTF framework ?
Or there is no need to ?
Can someone just jump to the CTF Framework with just the knowledge of the SIP protocol Specs ?

regards,
ibrahim

gvag

Apr 21, 2011, 8:01:49 AM4/21/11
to mobicents-public
Hi Ibrahima,

CTF provides a lot of convenient tools and techniques to ease the
development of SipServlets applications, but knowledge of SipServlets
spec and Sip protocol is still required.

Would it be interesting to you and the community a basic tutorial,
sort of kick-start, to SipServlets?

Regards
George

On Apr 21, 2:17 pm, Ibrahima Gaye <ibrahima.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> >>http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/tags/servers/sip-servlets/release...
>
> >> * SVN browsing
>
> >>http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/tags/servers/sip-ser...
>
> >> Source repositories:
> >> -------------------
> >> * SVN checkout
> >>http://mobicents.googlecode.com/svn/branches/servers/sip-servlets/2.0
>
> >> * SVN browsing
>
> >>http://code.google.com/p/mobicents/source/browse/branches/servers/sip...
>
> >> How to get started:
> >> -------------------
> >> You'll find the user guide bundled with the release under the docs
> >> directory within the zip of the release
>
> >> Once the server is running, you'll find online instructions at
> >>http://www.mobicents.org/examples.htmlto try out the examples.
>
> >> Alternatively, there is a README file in the top directory of both zip

Ibrahima Gaye

Apr 21, 2011, 8:57:20 AM4/21/11
to mobicent...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gvag,
it would be of great interest to have a basic tutorial or a kick-start ...
i was wondering what would be more suitable in order to develop a
voice-SMS platform:
user-A dials *1*<phoneNumberOfUser-B> then leave a short voice message then hangup.
user-B receives a notification with to options:
option1: to choose listen and listen to the voice message then choose (or not) reply to reply with a short voice message
option2: postpone the listening until later and dial the code to listen to the short voice message

regards,
ibrahim