Freedom of Speech

Elmer Carl

Apr 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/10/95
It seems as though certain things are permitted here on this newsgroup,
while other things aren't. ddege has rumpled feathers when her post
appears, but it is perfectly okay for her to tell another person, i.e.
Nanette how she should act and make general assumptions about her age.
(This is okay!) When Nanette responds she commends the author on how the
message was forumulated and gently points out that she is not young.
ddege says in return that she should have blasted Nanette for posting her
e-mail.

Well, we thought ddege's post was beautiful. We were impressed with her
intellect and wit. We positive impression turned to sorrow when we saw
how she reacted. We even wondered if perhaps Nanette was *set up*. I am
sure other readers were equally confused. If I had authored that e-mail
I would have been proud of it. I would stand firmly behind what I stated
in that e-mail. I am sorry but her reaction was just plain *spineless*.

Now, ddege further adds insult to injury by attacking Brian Lee. Why?
Because her e-mail was reposted. Oh, please, ddege!! E-mail is posted
on newsgroups all of the time. According to you this is not okay, but
insulting others, calling them slantie eyes, referring to the color of
their skin, saying demeaning things about women, well that's okay!

Fischer, ddege and the rest, we won't be posting here any more. This is
true unjustice.

-Oh, and I guess it was okay to publicly post Annie's AOL profile too!
Elmer Carl VZA...@prodigy.com

J. Kodadek

Apr 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/11/95
Elmer Carl (VZA...@prodigy.com) wrote:
: It seems as though certain things are permitted here on this newsgroup,
: while other things aren't. ddege has rumpled feathers when her post

Oh cry me a fucking river.

: Fischer, ddege and the rest, we won't be posting here any more. This is
: true unjustice.

Don't let the door hit your fat ass on the way out.

: Elmer Carl VZA...@prodigy.com

-- Jess Kodadek -- ko...@geeks.org -- IRC: Kody -------

B. Michael Wick

Apr 11, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/11/95
In article <3mbqre$g...@usenetw1.news.prodigy.com>, VZA...@prodigy.com (Elmer Carl) writes:
| It seems as though certain things are permitted here on this newsgroup,
| while other things aren't. ddege has rumpled feathers when her post

What do you mean permitted, since when is anyone not being permitted
from posting what they feel or think?

| appears, but it is perfectly okay for her to tell another person, i.e.
| Nanette how she should act and make general assumptions about her age.
| (This is okay!) When Nanette responds she commends the author on how the
| message was forumulated and gently points out that she is not young.

I beg your pardon, I am 40, (weelll 39 closing fast), and I think of myself
as young, and the idea of Dee changing my diapers when she was ninteen
amuses me.

| I would have been proud of it. I would stand firmly behind what I stated
| in that e-mail. I am sorry but her reaction was just plain *spineless*.

There is, in my opinion, quite a difference between taking someone to
task in private, (which is what email is suppose to be), and doing it
publicly (in news groups). If she had wanted it posted she would have
done so herself.

| Now, ddege further adds insult to injury by attacking Brian Lee. Why?

That as much an attack as Brian Lee's post, and neither was much by
usnet standards.

| Because her e-mail was reposted. Oh, please, ddege!! E-mail is posted
| on newsgroups all of the time. According to you this is not okay, but

Because it is done does not make it proper. People are murdered all the
time...............

| insulting others, calling them slantie eyes, referring to the color of
| their skin, saying demeaning things about women, well that's okay!

When did Dee Dege say these things? Are you associating her with Fisher???
WOW are YOU confused.

Let me explain something to you, there are those who do berate Fisher for
his, uuuhhhhhh, insensitive posts, but most do not because he is a self-
acknowledged TROLL. Haven't you read the signs on the net "Don't feed the
trolls". Do you know what happens when you feed trolls, you get more troll
shit.

Honestly, I prefer the Fisher's posts to the alternative, having net-cops
out enforcing what may or may not be said on the internet.

| Fischer, ddege and the rest, we won't be posting here any more. This is
| true unjustice.

Yawn, me watches as elmer carl stomps off in a self-righeous huff. Yup,
you really showed us.

| -Oh, and I guess it was okay to publicly post Annie's AOL profile too!
| Elmer Carl VZA...@prodigy.com

Was it a public profile??? Either way it was kind of tasteless, welcome
to usenet.

--
o B. Michael Wick . ' . +