iPad 2 Mail Problems

off...@golflincs.co.uk

Jun 7, 2013, 1:49:00 PM6/7/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com, off...@golflincs.co.uk
Hi,

I am having some problems with my wife's iPad 2 in that we cannot
delete mail from the Mail app. When edit-delete is chosen , it returns
a dialogue box to say something like "message cannot be transferred to
trash". I cannot see anything in set up that can invite or modify this
behaviour and I have an iPad 2 that functions using the latest ios
version and deletes without problems. I cannot see any variation in
the settings between the two tablets.

Any ideas gents?

Best regards,

Bob Braban

Drew Reece

Jun 7, 2013, 2:20:11 PM6/7/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
What email account is it? Was it the same account tested on each device?

If it has webmail access that seems to work ok it might be worth removing the account & recreating it on the iPad. Run a backup in iTunes or iCloud first. Otherwise you could erase the iPad & see if it works correctly, then try restoring from iTunes & hope that it doesn't reappear. I guess it's possible that the issue is in the settings or in the way mail is stored on the device.

If it returns contact the email provider, they may be doing something that it causing mail to behave this way, I suspect they would like you to rule out the device first :)

Re:co
> --
> --
> MMUG is an  Apple User Group.
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the "MMUG Chat" group. To post to the group, send email to mmug...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe, send email to mmug-chat-...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/mmug-chat. Please note that what you post to the list is publicly readable by anyone and regularly indexed by search engines.
> ---You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "MMUG Chat" group.

off...@golflincs.co.uk

Jun 7, 2013, 5:06:46 PM6/7/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com, off...@golflincs.co.uk
Hi Drew,

Thanks for that. The account is on the same server at my site: www.travelwatchdog.com
. The problem is the same with three e-mail accounts on my wife's
iPad, but the same three accounts delete ok on mine. We are using the
Apple Mail App, but I have installed a webmail account and that works
fine. It's just 'Mail' that gives problems. I'll do as you suggest and
see what happens.

Best regards

Bob