BT

david woodward

Jun 9, 2013, 4:14:45 AM6/9/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Hi can anyone help me ?when i log on log on sometimes my iMac is trying to trying to connect to Bt open zone
instead of my home hub why is this
thanks old man Dave

MullerBiker

Jun 9, 2013, 6:28:53 AM6/9/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Have you made your home hub the preferred connectiom? If not you need to tell your imac to log on the hub by default.

MullerBiker

Jun 9, 2013, 6:30:52 AM6/9/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Bester still in network connections turn off ask to join other networks.

david woodward

Jun 9, 2013, 7:39:26 AM6/9/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Thank you .i think i have done that .can you just walk me through how
Old man dave

Drew Reece

Jun 9, 2013, 11:10:00 AM6/9/13
to mmug...@googlegroups.com
Some of this will be different because you are using an older system if I recall correctly Dave, follow along & use the number to refer to any parts that you can't manage.

1) Select Apple menu > System Preferences…
2) Select Network
3) Find the Airport card in the list of network connection types, and select it (may be called 'wireless or wifi').
3a) Click the lock icon & enter an admin username & password to be able to edit the settings (you may not need to do this).
4) Turn off the 'Ask to join new networks' checkbox that MullerBiker mentioned.
6) Click the Advanced button & it should show a pane with a list of preferred networks, drag your own network to the top of the list, delete any ones you don't want to use with the [-] button.
7) Also take a look at the check boxes, you probably want the Mac to remember networks you have joined.

Re:co