F# Machine Learning in Finance (Switzerland)

Lawrence Austen

Apr 28, 2011, 6:26:44 AM4/28/11
to ml-...@googlegroups.com

Trafigura is searching for an exceptional candidate interested in applying Machine Learning to the commodities markets.  The ideal candidate will have:

  • Exceptional analytical skills. We are very interested in talking with you if you have strong skills in machine learning, statistics, astrophysics, economics or other fields that deal with large, noisy data sets. A solid foundation in quant finance is a plus, but not necessary.

  • High level .net skills. Must be able to hit the ground running in C# or, very preferably, F#.

  • Experience developing real systems with F#, Haskell, Ocaml or other functional languages.

  • Masters or PhD from one of the top universities in your country.

You will work directly with Trafigura’s Chief Risk Officer/Head of Quantitative Analysis, “cranking code” and rapidly extending our risk and analytic capabilities, which are entirely written in F#. If you are not excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and being the person who makes things happen, this job isn’t for you. If you think you can, then this role offers a seat on the trading floor, an excellent compensation package and a clear path into trading, if that is of interest. We are willing to assist with visas for particularly strong candidates.

If you are interested in this position, please send some information about your background and where you would like to go with your career to quant.re...@trafigura.com

-----

Trafigura trades commodities, such as crude oil, refined products, concentrates and refined metals and provides the ships and facilities to store and transport them. Physical trading is a long-term business. Investment in and access to key physical assets around the world is central to our business model. Management of ships, storage tanks, mines and other logistical assets gives us a business advantage while demonstrating our commitment to the territories in which we operate. With a Turnover of US$ 73 billion in 2008 we operate in offices in 48 countries across the globe trading over 2 million barrels a day of crude and oil products and over 9 million tons of concentrates and refined metals per annum.