Amazing stuff Alex...thanks one more time. Now my only wish as you well know it
is compatibility with smallhd dp6 and clip number shown on screen before
recording :) thanks again for the huge work!
Da: Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com>
A: Magic Lantern firmware development <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Inviato: Lun 22 agosto 2011, 19:17:26
Oggetto: [ML] Unified Magic Lantern - new release
Time for a new stable release :)
Most important changes since July 8, 2011:
- Upgraded ML to 60D firmware 1.1.0.
- To upgrade from 1.0.9 ML, the safest method is to format your cards,
run the Canon firmware upgrade, then copy new ML files and make your
- Photo mode tweak: turn off main shooting screen with a long
- Battery indicator in percentage, on the top bar
- Movie mode remap on C position
- Slit-scan pictures are working now
- Easier to access intermediate ISO steps in movie mode (it's just
like you would change ISO with standard firmware)
- Flash button in Movie mode toggles display profiles (you can
customize it to toggle false color or any other LiveView tool);
- A new series of bugfixes
- Seamless shortcut for enabling/disabling 3x zoom mode (DISP + Zoom In/Out).
- Audio module on 600D is still disabled; the audio chip seems
different than in 5D2/550D/60D/500D (at least the registers have
different addresses). I wasn't able to figure it out yet; having
access to a camera for tests could help.
* All cameras:
- Fixed a few stability issues and bugs regarding intervalometer,
config autosave, bracketing, free space, bottom bar, magic zoom...
- Simplified install method for new users: the install procedure is
now basically "download, unzip, upgrade firmware and reboot". Check
the install guide for details:
available in German, Czech, Spanish, French, Italian, Chinese
Simplified and Japanese)
Existing ML users can still use the old method (with EOSCard and MacBoot).
- New screen layout, with larger fonts and color-coded shooting
settings, inspired from AJ, and white-on-black theme for in-camera
help (press DISP or INFO in LiveView if you don't see it);
- Simplified bitrate control; QScale is only available as a hidden
setting, CBR is much more reliable;
- Ported AF patterns from 400plus (for photo mode only);
- You can use a custom picture style for recording (toggled
automagically); for example, you can record with Cinestyle and preview
- Live defishing preview in the camera (it turns your fisheye into a
rectilinear ultra-wide lens)
- Ability to display either real or 35mm equivalent lens focal length
(patch from msi);
- Auto exposure algorithm for timelapse (it automates ISO and shutter);
- Some new cropmarks, including a few ones for photo mode.
- Found the true shutter counter, including LiveView actuations and
quick focus attempts. Right now I have 26767 shutter actuations on 60D
and 102003 on 550D.
- Safety stuff: this autoexec.bin will refuse to start on a different
camera camera (or on an incorrect firmware version)
- User guide in wiki format, with pictures:
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/Unified/UserGuide (you can improve
and/or translate it in your language)
- Complete list of changes here:
- And, of course, a nice surprise under "Don't click me" :)
Other news: 50D and 1100D ports started, but they are still in very
early stages. Most probably, on 50D will run a stripped-down version
of Magic Lantern only with photo functionality. Testers and developers
Also, the HDMI monitor from SmallHD is on its way to me, hopefully
will arrive these days.
The same ML card is compatible with all these cameras (so there's a
single download link now):
- 550D 1.0.9
- 60D 1.1.0
- 600D 1.0.1
You need to unzip all the files on the card (not just autoexec.bin).
P.S. If you like Magic Lantern, you can buy me a pizza here :)
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at