5dm3 firmware is out

Chucho Saldana

Apr 24, 2012, 11:11:23 AM4/24/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development

Andrew Coutts

Apr 24, 2012, 9:14:04 PM4/24/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
start the timer, it won't be long before it's ported

On Apr 24, 11:11 am, Chucho Saldana <chuchosaldan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/...

Alex

Apr 25, 2012, 1:41:44 AM4/25/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
ff13b2e0 EnableBootDisk :)

> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

nanomad

Apr 25, 2012, 4:57:42 AM4/25/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 07:41, Alex <broscu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ff13b2e0 EnableBootDisk :)

At least they keep being nice to us

squig

Apr 26, 2012, 7:38:20 PM4/26/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development

good luck!

Alex

Apr 27, 2012, 5:01:29 AM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Looks like Magic Lantern will work on 5D Mark III :)

Thanks to Indy and g3gg0 for helping with understanding the firmware,
and to Marvin for brave testing!
5D3_Hello_World.jpg

3pointedit

Apr 27, 2012, 7:43:17 AM4/27/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
That is so awesome, thanks devs. And thanks Canon! Makes you wonder if
they do this on purpose, sells more units to people who may not want
to pay for C300.

Trammell Hudson

Apr 27, 2012, 7:57:25 AM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:01:29 +0300, Alex wrote:
> Looks like Magic Lantern will work on 5D Mark III :)
>
> Thanks to Indy and g3gg0 for helping with understanding the firmware,
> and to Marvin for brave testing!

Great job, guys!

--
Trammell

3pointedit

Apr 27, 2012, 9:04:21 AM4/27/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Such a huge achievment, 5D III owners should be able to wear a Magic
Lantern cap (or t-shirt) to show off how cool their camera is!

Malcolm Debono

Apr 27, 2012, 9:09:38 AM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Good job guys :-)

Kevin Anderson

Apr 27, 2012, 10:05:16 AM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
So how do we get a copy of it?

Kevin Anderson

the Art of Visual Storytelling...

Kevin Anderson Photography
6890 E. Sunrise Dr. Ste 120- 355
Tucson, AZ 85750
866-405-6226 v
520-844-3406 f
520-904-2511 m

www.BLOG.KevinAndersonPhotography.com

www.KevinAndersonPhotography.com

Dirk

Apr 27, 2012, 11:49:30 AM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Great work! I have a mk III in hand for testing if you need, just let me know.

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM, squig <2sq...@gmail.com> wrote:

> good luck!
>
> On Apr 25, 1:41 am, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ff13b2e0 EnableBootDisk :)
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:14 AM, Andrew Coutts
>>

>> <andrewjohncou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > start the timer, it won't be long before it's ported

>> > --
>> >http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Danne

Apr 27, 2012, 12:18:59 PM4/27/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Nicely done! Awesome!

On 27 Apr, 17:49, Dirk <etx...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great work! I have a mk III in hand for testing if you need, just let me
> know.
>

> On Friday, April 27, 2012 5:01:29 AM UTC-4, Alex wrote:
>
> > Looks like Magic Lantern will work on 5D Mark III :)
>
> > Thanks to Indy and g3gg0 for helping with understanding the firmware,
> > and to Marvin for brave testing!
>
> > On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM, squig <2sq...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > good luck!

> > wrote:
>
> >http://usa.canon.com/cusa/professional/products/professional_cameras/...

> > groups.google.com/group/ml-devel?hl=en
>
> > > --
> > >http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

> > ml-devel+u...@googlegroups.com

Ba...@aol.com

Apr 27, 2012, 12:41:35 PM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Nice job  all.     That is a big step.

Off subject, but of general concern to the film making community, is the Sony VG20.   Comparing it to my 5D,  it has as good low light capability,  nicer grain at high gain settings,  and most of the features we are all looking to add to 5d cameras with ML, but Sony crippled it so you couldn't have different picture profiles...

Anyone know of anywhere work is being done to crack it ?

Thanks again all..

Redkite Bart

Apr 27, 2012, 1:43:07 PM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Great work!

aj_newman

Apr 27, 2012, 6:59:42 PM4/27/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Amazing News!

AJ

Dhilung Kirat

Apr 27, 2012, 8:52:11 PM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Awesome!

--Dhilung

KB Photo

Apr 27, 2012, 9:09:48 PM4/27/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I would venture that Canon is reading these threads and made a very good decision to not alienate the community. Thanks to all who contribute and thanks to Canon

:-)

Shahar Glass

Apr 27, 2012, 11:41:27 PM4/27/12
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Hello all,

I'm new to ML and would love to test it on my 5DM3.
Can anyone tell me what is the worse scenario that can happen to my
camera and if the Canon warrenty covers the fix?
I have a Mack 3 year warrenty.

Thank you and good luck to us all.

Shahar Glasd

On Apr 28, 4:09 am, KB Photo <KBPh...@KarenImages.com> wrote:
> I would venture that Canon is reading these threads and made a very good
> decision to not alienate the community. Thanks to all who contribute and
> thanks to Canon
>
> :-)
>

> On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Dhilung Kirat <matrixp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Awesome!
>
> > --Dhilung

Moira O'Brien LIPF

Apr 29, 2012, 8:10:28 PM4/29/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Great news folks! I just filmed my first short with the 5D3 which went very well and the pics look great, but oh, how I missed ML on screen info!

Moira

Moira O'Brien LIPF

My profiles: Facebook LinkedIn Vimeo Twitter YouTube
Contact me: Google Talk moirajaneob Skype moirajane
Twitter Latest tweet: On the set of a new Titanic short film. http://t.co/zvkG90xA Follow @MOBPhoto Reply Retweet   09:08 Apr-29
Message has been deleted

MagicBrick

Apr 30, 2012, 12:01:11 PM4/30/12
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
You can write wrong settings and brick your camera or overheat your cpu to a piece of ash. Canon might tell you it's your own fault because the bootflag is on. When some people bricked their 60ds when the devel version, Canon was lenient - but don't depend on it on a much more expensive body. So as the wiki says: If you break it, you get to keep both pieces.
Message has been deleted