Re: [ML] Re: Magic Lantern 0.2.0 RC1 for 550D firmware 1.0.9

Alex

Jun 6, 2011, 6:47:58 PM6/6/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Update:

* Removed Movie AF, matrix silentpic, AutoLock FF, most Q-shortcuts,
Flash/NoFlash, MRAW/SRAW and PTP support => slightly smaller
autoexec.bin, and 2 pages gone from the manual.

* Mic power can be disabled from menu (it was on in previous builds).
By turning it off you actually enable a high-impedance mode (30kOhm,
compared with 2kOhm in older builds), which should fix the low input
level problem for certain microphones. See
http://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/516d22e75dcb9357

* Bitrate control (CBR) implemented with AJ's method, by directly
changing the required parameters. This fixes the issue with very low
bitrates (so CBR 0.1x is back), and I expect it to improve the
stability even more.

* Transparent overlay (ghost image) was removed from menu and is now
mapped directly to the LV button in Play mode. This should make it
easier to use and should remove the need for a dedicated panorama
mode. You can now move the overlay around with the arrows. For
panoramas, you would press Shoot, LV, arrows, Shoot, LV, Shoot, LV,
Shoot, LV... and at the end, hit Play and you are done.

* Improved motion detection, see
http://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/b359c26138d78323

* WB tuning starts from last selected preset (e.g. if you have
selected Sunny, then Kelvin WB will start from 5200K). It won't work
with Auto and Custom WB.

* Small menu tweaks (mostly regarding icons) and less redraw bugs (hopefully)

* Some tiny fixes for LCD remote, intervalometer, MLU and bulb mode

* Dummy HDR mode with 0EV step, which you can use for taking more than
one picture at a time with Trap focus, Audio/LCD remotes and Motion
detection. Maybe it's better as a separate menu item?

Related: where does "Trap Focus" fit better in the menu? In "Focus"
where it's now, or in "Shoot" where it was in earlier builds?

magiclantern-2011Jun07.550d.fw109.alex.zip

Alex

Jun 6, 2011, 6:50:10 PM6/6/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Thread splitting again?!

brentm

Jun 6, 2011, 9:28:29 PM6/6/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Hi Alex,

Just loaded Jun07 update. Thanks for the Bulb mode mirror lock! The
astrophotographer community will be very
excited.

Thanks!

Brent

On Jun 6, 6:50 pm, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thread splitting again?!

unity2k

Jun 6, 2011, 10:41:40 PM6/6/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
On PictureStyle I can no longer see what style I am moving to unless I
change it under the Canon menu, I for one loved having the info
display for what style I am choosing while in ML menu.

On Jun 6, 3:47 pm, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Update:
>
> * Removed Movie AF, matrix silentpic, AutoLock FF, most Q-shortcuts,
> Flash/NoFlash, MRAW/SRAW and PTP support => slightly smaller
> autoexec.bin, and 2 pages gone from the manual.
>
> * Mic power can be disabled from menu (it was on in previous builds).
> By turning it off you actually enable a high-impedance mode (30kOhm,
> compared with 2kOhm in older builds), which should fix the low input
> level problem for certain microphones. Seehttp://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/516d22e7...
>
> * Bitrate control (CBR) implemented with AJ's method, by directly
> changing the required parameters. This fixes the issue with very low
> bitrates (so CBR 0.1x is back), and I expect it to improve the
> stability even more.
>
> * Transparent overlay (ghost image) was removed from menu and is now
> mapped directly to the LV button in Play mode. This should make it
> easier to use and should remove the need for a dedicated panorama
> mode. You can now move the overlay around with the arrows. For
> panoramas, you would press Shoot, LV, arrows, Shoot, LV, Shoot, LV,
> Shoot, LV... and at the end, hit Play and you are done.
>
> * Improved motion detection, seehttp://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/b359c261...
>
> * WB tuning starts from last selected preset (e.g. if you have
> selected Sunny, then Kelvin WB will start from 5200K). It won't work
> with Auto and Custom WB.
>
> * Small menu tweaks (mostly regarding icons) and less redraw bugs (hopefully)
>
> * Some tiny fixes for LCD remote, intervalometer, MLU and bulb mode
>
> * Dummy HDR mode with 0EV step, which you can use for taking more than
> one picture at a time with Trap focus, Audio/LCD remotes and Motion
> detection. Maybe it's better as a separate menu item?
>
> Related: where does "Trap Focus" fit better in the menu? In "Focus"
> where it's now, or in "Shoot" where it was in earlier builds?
>
>  magiclantern-2011Jun07.550d.fw109.alex.zip
> 1834KViewDownload

Alex

Jun 7, 2011, 1:46:38 AM6/7/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
A bit strange; simply recompiling seems to have fixed this...

Maybe it's time to upgrade my compiler?

> --
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

magiclantern-2011Jun07.550d.fw109.alex.zip

heartbeat

Jun 7, 2011, 10:44:31 AM6/7/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development

by the mic power status is a bug, the status does not change if is
"off" and there are redraws in movie mode by dif mode
>  magiclantern-2011Jun07.550d.fw109.alex.zip
> 1834KAnzeigenHerunterladen

Alex

Jun 7, 2011, 11:14:28 AM6/7/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
You can't turn off mic power with "internal mic" or "L:int R:ext",
because it's required for internal mic. Should I write "OFF" in the
menu even if the setting being currently used is ON?

> there are redraws in movie mode by dif mode

I don't understand, sorry.

heartbeat

Jun 7, 2011, 11:26:03 AM6/7/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
sorry my english is not so good

when i have the motion detection on in dif mode and switch it off
after use, the middle of the lcd screen have the ugly colors

Chris71

Jun 7, 2011, 2:18:09 PM6/7/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Thanks for the new version!

I haven't been able to move the ghost image with the arrow keys yet.
Either the camera already locks when the ghost image should be
displayed in the live view window (so I have to take out the battery)
or the ghost image is displayed, but I can't move it around, since the
arrow buttons are used for live view focussing at the same time.

So probably there is still a bug (or maybe you could explain more
precisely how to use it.)

About mRAW and sRAW: Did you test if possibly the 60D does some more
settings in the Canon firmware or the DIGIC when the camera is turned
to m/sRAW or when taking a picture in one of these formats (so that
the 550D probably can be set to take proper m/sRAWs)?

I know that at the moment it doesn't make sense to have this option in
ML, but I would really appreciate if it would be possible to take m/
sRAWs. Especially Auto BurstPicQuality (and burst pictures in general)
would really benefit from this.

On 7 Jun., 07:46, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A bit strange; simply recompiling seems to have fixed this...
>
> Maybe it's time to upgrade my compiler?
>
>  magiclantern-2011Jun07.550d.fw109.alex.zip
> 1834KAnzeigenHerunterladen

Alex

Jun 7, 2011, 5:08:50 PM6/7/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I have only tested this feature with a manual lens, so it may conflict
with shortcut keys for follow focus.

Which are the steps for locking the camera? I wasn't able to do this.

Chris71

Jun 7, 2011, 5:54:36 PM6/7/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Actually, already by taking a picture in live view I run into this
problem, so probably it has not directly to do with the ghost image.

After taking the picture, it is displayed by QuickReview, then after
this (even without turning on the ghost image) the screen just
displays the Canon Live View with the AF rectangle in the middle but
no ML overlays and the camera locks after about a second.

I deleted MAGIC.CFG - same result.

Instead of taking RAW+JPEG (which is my normal setting), I then
switched to just RAW - same result.

Then I tried JPEG fine and the camera didn't lock anymore!

Turning on RAW+JPEG again, the camera locked again after taking a
picture in Live View.

I also cross-checked the ML build from May 25th which doesn't lead to
a locked camera regardless of the picture quality setting.

Concerning my question about m/sRAW: Do you still see a chance to get
it working on the 550D?

On 7 Jun., 23:08, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have only tested this feature with a manual lens, so it may conflict
> with shortcut keys for follow focus.
>
> Which are the steps for locking the camera? I wasn't able to do this.

Alex

Jun 7, 2011, 6:18:45 PM6/7/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Actually, my stress test was to enable false colors and take raw+jpeg
pictures (either while recording or in photo mode). May 25 was
crashing while doing this; with the new one I wasn't able to crash it
any more. I'll do more tests.

I think we'll be able to decode the SRAW pics eventually. Until this
is solved, I think it's better to leave them out from the main builds.

I wasn't able to notice other settings on 60D when changing picture
quality. We may have some luck changing dcraw.c and figuring what's
going on. For 550D raws, code goes through canon_sraw_load_raw. I've
forced different values of image size there; output image changes, but
no meaningful image yet (which makes me think the problem might be
somewhere at decompression stage).

Chris71

Jun 7, 2011, 7:05:57 PM6/7/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
On the other hand, I wonder if the problem really is at decompression
stage, since the 60D has the same sensor as the 550D and therefore (in
my opinion) the produced m/sRAW files rather should look identical.

Even if it can be solved at decompression stage, this won't work with
other (commercial) RAW converters like Canon Digital Photo
Professional that many of us use.

I guess that Canon has just disabled the ability to choose m/sRAW
files in the 550D firmware to leave this feature for the more
expensive cameras.

If this is right, it should be possible to make this feature work,
given that the required code is fully and properly implemented in the
550D firmware.

BTW, when will you increase the version number? (Even if it's only to
prevent further thread splitting... ;-)

On 8 Jun., 00:18, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, my stress test was to enable false colors and take raw+jpeg
> pictures (either while recording or in photo mode). May 25 was
> crashing while doing this; with the new one I wasn't able to crash it
> any more. I'll do more tests.
>
> I think we'll be able to decode the SRAW pics eventually. Until this
> is solved, I think it's better to leave them out from the main builds.
>
> I wasn't able to notice other settings on 60D when changing picture
> quality. We may have some luck changing dcraw.c and figuring what's
> going on. For 550D raws, code goes through canon_sraw_load_raw. I've
> forced different values of image size there; output image changes, but
> no meaningful image yet (which makes me think the problem might be
> somewhere at decompression stage).

Alex

Jun 7, 2011, 7:25:51 PM6/7/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
It seems the compression if sraw's in the two cameras is different:

< Camera Model Name : Canon EOS 550D
---
> Camera Model Name : Canon EOS 60D

< SRAW Quality : sRAW1
---
> SRAW Quality : sRAW2

It is also possible that sRAW support was left in the firmware
(because the code base is the same for all cameras), but it was not
fully tested and debugged (so therefore, sraw output may be really
corrupt). But since compression seems to work (i.e. high-detailed
images result in larger sraw's), this may be unlikely.

Maybe we can start calling ML "pre-0.3"? Here are what I believe to be
desirable for a new release:

- make current features stable
- more intuitive menu navigation; maybe proportional fonts too
- fix the wiki docs (currently the script is a bit broken)
- have a common codebase for 550d/60d/500d (maybe 600d too), and also
a common user guide
- refuse to load ML on a different camera model (i.e. just load
standard firmware)

And I didn't say anything about one of Trammell's goals for 0.2 ML,
i.e. LUA scripting :)
(ref: http://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/7fcb9d7a45560d6c
)

If we can find some more free memory (ExMem?), this may become reality
too. A solution would be to load binaries dynamically (with malloc),
but at this point it's a bit beyond my skills. This has also the
potential to enable a single card to be used on all supported camera
(i.e. with a minimal autoexec.bin containing startup code for all
cameras, and then binaries for each camera, like 550d.bin, 60d.bin,
600d.bin etc.). Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

About the crashes: can you try find the setting causing the bug? I
just tried to shoot some raw's with most LiveV settings enabled, but I
couldn't make it crash yet (on gcc 4.6.0 version).

Morgan Look

Jun 7, 2011, 7:49:22 PM6/7/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex

> - refuse to load ML on a different camera model (i.e. just load
> standard firmware)

> (i.e. with a minimal autoexec.bin containing startup code for all

> cameras, and then binaries for each camera, like 550d.bin, 60d.bin,
> 600d.bin etc.). Or maybe I'm just dreaming.

I had been thinking of suggesting these features, nice to see it on the cards. Especially since I have a 550D and 600D in the family now.
The bootloader option obviously being the ultimate. Maybe even potential there to load test builds over PTP?

Morgan.

Chris71

Jun 8, 2011, 2:03:52 AM6/8/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
The crashes happen with the default ML settings, i.e. even after
deleting MAGIC.CFG.

With all recent builds, my camera quite often (about every 2nd time)
starts with the black (sensor cleaning) screen, but I don't care about
this anymore, since the display doesn't turn off after this anymore.

So probably the crashes are timing issues concerning my camera or my
memory card.

I would suggest calling ML now 0.2.1 and rise the last number until
the features you want to have for 0.3.0 are all implemented.

On 8 Jun., 01:25, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems the compression if sraw's in the two cameras is different:
>
> < Camera Model Name               : Canon EOS 550D
> ---
>
> > Camera Model Name               : Canon EOS 60D
>
> < SRAW Quality                    : sRAW1
> ---
>
> > SRAW Quality                    : sRAW2
>
> It is also possible that sRAW support was left in the firmware
> (because the code base is the same for all cameras), but it was not
> fully tested and debugged (so therefore, sraw output may be really
> corrupt). But since compression seems to work (i.e. high-detailed
> images result in larger sraw's), this may be unlikely.
>
> Maybe we can start calling ML "pre-0.3"? Here are what I believe to be
> desirable for a new release:
>
> - make current features stable
> - more intuitive menu navigation; maybe proportional fonts too
> - fix the wiki docs (currently the script is a bit broken)
> - have a common codebase for 550d/60d/500d (maybe 600d too), and also
> a common user guide
> - refuse to load ML on a different camera model (i.e. just load
> standard firmware)
>
> And I didn't say anything about one of Trammell's goals for 0.2 ML,
> i.e. LUA scripting :)
> (ref:http://groups.google.com/group/ml-devel/browse_thread/thread/7fcb9d7a...
> )
>
> If we can find some more free memory (ExMem?), this may become reality
> too. A solution would be to load binaries dynamically (with malloc),
> but at this point it's a bit beyond my skills. This has also the
> potential to enable a single card to be used on all supported camera
> (i.e. with a minimal autoexec.bin containing startup code for all
> cameras, and then binaries for each camera, like 550d.bin, 60d.bin,
> 600d.bin etc.). Or maybe I'm just dreaming.
>
> About the crashes: can you try find the setting causing the bug? I
> just tried to shoot some raw's with most LiveV settings enabled, but I
> couldn't make it crash yet (on gcc 4.6.0 version).

> Erfahren Sie mehr »

Alex

Jun 8, 2011, 3:28:58 AM6/8/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
> The crashes happen with the default ML settings, i.e. even after
> deleting MAGIC.CFG.

It may be something related to your Canon settings.

Just to be sure: if you turn off the special actions for display (last
item in LiveV menu), does the problem go away?

Alex

Jun 8, 2011, 3:29:44 AM6/8/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
> Maybe even potential there to load test builds over PTP?

I already use this approach:
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/PTP-CHDK

Redkite Bart

Jun 8, 2011, 6:55:16 AM6/8/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
> - have a common codebase for 550d/60d/500d (maybe 600d too)

I'm waiting for a full port to 600d. I would switch my 550d for a 600d
immediately. Both flexible LCD and crop zoom are very valuable
features for me. But not without ML.

Brian Berneker

Jun 9, 2011, 10:01:00 AM6/9/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
I enjoy my T3i and can live without some of the extra ML features, but
Qscale control will definitely make my life better, especially for
chroma key work! The rack focus will probably come in pretty handy
too seeing as the standard auto focus SUCKS!

Cri

Jun 22, 2011, 9:55:39 PM6/22/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex, I didn t get what's that option "force hdmi-vga". Couldn't find either on the user guide. Any help? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

lee blackett

Jul 1, 2011, 7:52:05 PM7/1/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Hello is there a new version than this because it seems to crash my
camera in live view mode. Thanks

On Jun 23, 2:55 am, Cri <guit...@yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi Alex, I didn t get what's that option "force hdmi-vga". Couldn't find either on the user guide. Any help? Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 8 Jun 2011, at 08:29, Alex <broscutama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >> Maybe even potential there to load test builds over PTP?
>
> > I already use this approach:
> >http://magiclantern.wikia.com/wiki/PTP-CHDK
>
> > On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Morgan Look <morgan.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi Alex

> >> I had been thinking of suggesting these features, nice to see it on the cards.  Especially since I have a 550D and 600D in the family now.
> >> The bootloader option obviously being the ultimate.  Maybe even potential there to load test builds over PTP?
>
> >> Morgan.
>
> >> --
> >>http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Shawn Wytch

Jul 2, 2011, 1:27:15 AM7/2/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
what about qsale makes keying easyer or something

--
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Email me at too...@gmail.com
Or call me at 316.312.5584 ask for Shawn

medialica

Jul 2, 2011, 6:36:27 AM7/2/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Hi Alex,

the custom shutter settings on my 550D starts from 1/31 and not from
1/24 as reported on manual.
Is there any possibility to implement again 1/50 and 1/100 which are
ideal settings for European PAL video?
Maybe you could do something similar to ISO: if I force a shutter
speed from Canon firmware it will be used against ML value.

Anyway, thank you for your great job!

Shawn Wytch

Jul 2, 2011, 11:58:04 AM7/2/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
i think 1/48 is 50 so id think thres a number for 60 also. i just fixed a problem ive been having with my camera

--
http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

Morgan Look

Jul 2, 2011, 5:49:39 PM7/2/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
It sounds to me that there might be an issue with your lens.  The kit lens doesn't have a constant aperture, so as you zoom in and out the aperture will change.
If the contacts on the switch which detects the zoom level were dirty or the cable was faulty, this could easily cause a flickering between 3.5 and 4 as you describe.

See if a store will let you try another kit lens to compare.

Morgan.

On 3/07/2011, at 4:56 AM, mohan manu wrote:

Hey,
Anybody here has faced some flickering problem with canon 550d with latest ML installed? My F-Stop number goes up and down like 3.5-4 and 3.5-4 and 3.5-4 and so on in the same manner. I am using a 18-55mm kit lens of canon. Everything is set to manual, shutter 50, iso 160, F-stop 3.5.

Is it a problem of my cmos sensor or ML is doing something? I have given the camera to service centre and they claim nothing problem with the camera. But i noted after coming from service centre they changed the firmware and i had to reload ML.

Please help.

Cri

Jul 2, 2011, 7:41:33 PM7/2/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
It happened to me too once, it is a ML issue that occurs just sometime. I had the 50mm 1.8 and it went mad trying to adjust the aperture very quickly. I had to turn o
It off and keep shooting without ML

Sent from my Brain

mohan manu

mirek krejci

Jul 3, 2011, 12:41:23 AM7/3/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com

Do I allure toward complete paranoia when I suspect the developers have forgotten the 550D for the sake of the 60d, ect;

.., because basically im not game enough to use the last version that has bricked a few cameras, I can barely afford my rent. Not being game enough to use the firmware cant be good for debugging it.

Incredible work and many thanks would soon turn to total bitterness if it happened to me and your great work would be averted by others who have seen the collateral damage.

In my finer moment I imagine the ML developers snowed under with ‘problems’ and ‘extra features’ with the 550D firmware and working tirelessly on it,  as well as the ‘development’ of the 60d and the nwer features and refinements of the 5d mk2

Thanks again guys, waiting with baited breathe.., all good

Mirek

550D.., and waiting J

mohan manu

Jul 3, 2011, 12:53:52 AM7/3/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Yeah the same thing happens in some of the 10 shots out of 100 shots a day. And the problem is not continuous. Hence i think 18-55mm lens maybe the culprit. I have given the lens to service centre and hope they repair the faulty unit. If ML is the culprit then can developer please resolve the issue? I have heard that the sensor will die if its used heavily in movie mode. Now I have shot about 20 hrs of footage from it. Still how long i could shoot with this sensor? Anybody have idea?

unity2k

Jul 3, 2011, 12:59:26 AM7/3/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
I have to admit that I too am getting nervous that development for the
550D has hit the wall. We are approaching a month after Alex requested
info on what to pull out of ML to make space as he released the last
update - well I figured it was to get ready for some great new
improvements or features. As time has gone on, I have tried pacifying
myself to be patient, but the quiet and lack of communication if there
will be future developments or if all attention is on T3i, 60D, etc.,
is starting to leave me feeling uneasy.

Can someone update us on weather the 550D branch has hit the wall?

JWise
> On 2 Jul 2011, at 21:49, Morgan Look <morgan.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It sounds to me that there might be an issue with your lens.  The kit lens
> doesn't have a constant aperture, so as you zoom in and out the aperture
> will change.
>
> If the contacts on the switch which detects the zoom level were dirty or the
> cable was faulty, this could easily cause a flickering between 3.5 and 4 as
> you describe.
>
> See if a store will let you try another kit lens to compare.
>
> Morgan.
>
> On 3/07/2011, at 4:56 AM, mohan manu wrote:
>
> Hey,
> Anybody here has faced some flickering problem with canon 550d with latest
> ML installed? My F-Stop number goes up and down like 3.5-4 and 3.5-4 and
> 3.5-4 and so on in the same manner. I am using a 18-55mm kit lens of canon.
> Everything is set to manual, shutter 50, iso 160, F-stop 3.5.
>
> Is it a problem of my cmos sensor or ML is doing something? I have given the
> camera to service centre and they claim nothing problem with the camera. But
> i noted after coming from service centre they changed the firmware and i had
> to reload ML.
>
> Please help.
>
> 2011/7/2 Shawn Wytch <tool...@gmail.com>
>
> i think 1/48 is 50 so id think thres a number for 60 also. i just fixed a
> problem ive been having with my camera
>
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 5:36 AM, medialica <medial...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> the custom shutter settings on my 550D starts from 1/31 and not from
> 1/24 as reported on manual.
> Is there any possibility to implement again 1/50 and 1/100 which are
> ideal settings for European PAL video?
> Maybe you could do something similar to ISO: if I force a shutter
> speed from Canon firmware it will be used against ML value.
>
> Anyway, thank you for your great job!
>
> --
>
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

> --
> Email me at tool...@gmail.com
> Or call me at 316.312.5584 ask for Shawn
>
> --
>
> http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

> --http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

> ml-devel+u...@googlegroups.com
>
> --http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

> ml-devel+u...@googlegroups.com
>
> --http://magiclantern.wikia.com/

lee blackett

Jul 2, 2011, 4:17:11 PM7/2/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Does the latest build crash your camera in live view mode?

Also my friends 550d camera crashes in live view as well, and he has
been getting error 80.
\
> Email me at tool...@gmail.com

mohan manu

Jul 3, 2011, 2:47:48 AM7/3/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I have been using magiclantern-2011May17.550d.fw109.alex build and till now no crash or whatsoever has happened. Shooted my dad's project successfully over 20 days of continuous shooting time.. Worked well in indoor HMI lighting and outdoor situation. Only once i faced high temperature problem and our DOP suggested use of light wet cloth on the camera. And it did the trick.

Alex

Jul 4, 2011, 11:40:33 AM7/4/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Crashes in photo mode were usually caused by ClearScreen option (turn
it off and tell me if it fixes the problem).

Morgan Look

Jul 4, 2011, 4:30:47 PM7/4/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
I have thought this could be a good idea.  But you'd want to use a heat-pipe like in a laptop, not just plain copper.
Heatpipes use a "phase change" fluid which can transfer the heat more efficiently than the same cross section of copper/aluminium.

Morgan.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Antony Newman <antony...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone tried creating a mini Copper-heatsink-Shoe for the canon?

Copper could very far more effectively 'suck the heat' .. maybe enough so the camera doesn't overheat?

Here an OTT version that someone else has been up to: http://www.centralds.net/en/history4.htm

AJ

Antony Newman

Jul 4, 2011, 4:02:55 PM7/4/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com

mohan manu

Jul 4, 2011, 11:39:21 PM7/4/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,
Can you confirm the issue with flickering video?

Shawn Wytch

Jul 4, 2011, 11:47:24 PM7/4/11
to ml-d...@googlegroups.com
Can you upload video of the flicker to youtube and post a link so we can see?
Email me at too...@gmail.com

konarix

Jul 26, 2011, 2:24:00 PM7/26/11
to Magic Lantern firmware development
Is this release for 550D DEAD ?
The latest release for 550D is with not working Kelvin WB ?

On 5 Lip, 05:47, Shawn Wytch <tool...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you upload video of the flicker to youtube and post a link so we can
> see?
>

> On Mon, Jul 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM, mohan manu <mohan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Alex,
> > Can you confirm the issue with flickering video?
>
> > 2011/7/5 Morgan Look <morgan.l...@gmail.com>
>
> >> I have thought this could be a good idea.  But you'd want to use a
> >> heat-pipe like in a laptop, not just plain copper.
> >> Heatpipes use a "phase change" fluid which can transfer the heat more
> >> efficiently than the same cross section of copper/aluminium.
>
> >> Morgan.
>
> Email me at tool...@gmail.com

konarix

Jul 26, 2011, 2:30:03 PM7/26/11