jarsigner stage error - build fail

Dolores

Jan 27, 2012, 3:50:57 PM1/27/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
I cannot successfully package an app. We have a linux build server -
ubuntu 64bit - After looking in debug I see the build fail Error:
Your build failed due to an error in the JarSigner stage, not because
of an
error in your program.
Can anyone help troubleshoot further?

Gopi

Jan 27, 2012, 4:31:05 PM1/27/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
Can you paste your error that you see on the terminal window/log file.

Pablo García

Jan 28, 2012, 12:45:46 AM1/28/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
I'm solved this... it seems that you're using sun-java6-jdk (oracle
version) this is relly neccessary if you're planning to use the blocks
editor, in this case, you now only need to check that javaws is in
your system and install openjdk6, install it and use update-java-
alternatives --list and update-java-alternatives --set java-1.6.0-
openjdkxxxx to set it as your current enviroment.

then now you can build (don't log the user as administrator) and use
javaws to open the jnpl blocks editor

http://i.imgur.com/kIvjo.png

luck

Gary Frederick

Jan 28, 2012, 1:25:00 AM1/28/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
In addition to the pointer to the error I put in another thread, you may want to look at
It is more notes than a nicely formatted page
  but it has exactly what you need to get the buildserver up on Ubuntu 64bit

Gary

Gary Frederick

Jan 28, 2012, 1:36:31 AM1/28/12
to mit-appinv...@googlegroups.com
ooo Virtual PC

Pablo,
There is a small open source effort to get vm versions for all.
I am working with Virtual Box, it would be interesting to hear how it differs from Virtual PC.

I currently have one (1) ;-) up on http://sourceforge.net/projects/ai4a-configs/
It's a Ubuntu 64bit buildserver

Announcements about new vm appliances are in the App Inventor for All - Google Groups

I tested http://susestudio.com/ and will get back to it as soon as I have spare time...
Very nice to build the appliance, but if I say more, I will be hogging the conversation.

I would love to have more folks working on configurations for all the community.

Gary

Pablo García

Jan 29, 2012, 12:20:48 AM1/29/12
to mit-appinventor-jars
Hi, i know virtual pc is crapware, but i have it installed for xp mode
for play age of empires 2 in lan hehe so im very lazy to download
anything else, and now i regret... i would prefer install with wubi to
have best usb compatibility and more than 800x600 screen... but it did
the job...

One thing i see, is the ram, you must use at leats 2gb of ram, with
less the buildserver blocks linux working. Other ugly thing i have is
that i can only use buildserver and appinventor in the same pc,
because when buildserver finish the build launch a post connection to
localhost:8888, to recive the build, but if the server isn't avalive
in localhost, never get finish building, and build success with
"connection refused" msg, this is the major problem i have, and i cant
solve it, but i can use both, buildserver and appinventor in the same
machine.

the crucial part to have it working is having java configured
properly. All the appinventor and buildserver works fine with
openjdk6, i'm having problems with openjdk7 or oracle sun version,
BUT, if you want to use the blocks editor, you must install the sun
version.

my typical install consist in:

install the deb autoinstaller of appinventor distributed by google --
http://dl.google.com/dl/appinventor/installers/linux/appinventor-setup_1.1_all.deb

add repo to get sun-java6-jdk
install sun-java6-jdk

sudo add-apt-repository “deb http://archive.canonical.com/ lucid
partner”
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin sun-java6-jdk

check that "javaws" is working (this will be used to open the jnpl
file of blocks editor)
install openjdk6
use update-java-alternatives --list / --set java-1.6.0-openjdk (to get
openjdk6 as default java engine)
use java -version to check last step
download the dev-local of november and unpack it
download the dev-local update of the mit and replace the files

then you can start the buildserver with common command like
cd /....../dev-local/buildserver
sudo ./launch-buildserver

and the appengine-appinventor part

cd /...../dev-local/appinventor
sudo sh ../appengine-java-sdk-1.6.0/bin/dev_appserver.sh --port=8888 --
address=localhost war
(this is the same that startai.cmd do in windows)

so you can login in http://localhost:8888/_ah/login?continue=http://localhost:8888/
(do not enter as administrator!)

then now you must may build apps and open the blocks editor with
javaws (if you cant know where is the file use "whereis javaws") and
use this to open the jnpl file, or open it with a terminal

whih this enviroment you should run a working copy of appinventor all
in your linux. could be great having android sdk, emulators and usb
debug driver, but this do the trick.

regards!