petty minds, petty cash.

$Zero

Nov 24, 2008, 9:01:33 AM11/24/08
petty minds, petty cash.

that's just a place-marker title of an article for a new
entrepreneurial project i'm working on.

a new publishing paradigm, if you must know.

yes, another one.

creative genius and all that.

this one incorporates many of the others.

the privileges of a prolific mind.

anyway, the title will be tweaked later.

little by little, until it can't be tweaked anymore.

(as if)

including adding content to the title.

well, that makes sense, right?

i mean, what good is a title without further substance?

clearly i'm not as crazy as you had originally thought, huh?

anyway, you'll see better what i mean later.

right now it's in:

cake batter mode

that's what my former business partner turned employable person used
to call this stage of the project.

that was his amusing way of saying that it didn't even qualify as a
half-baked idea yet.

a mostly diplomatic way of sensibly warning me to NOT present it to
brain-dead investors who have almost no vision (let alone any
imagination, or patience).

but if you want to contribute to fleshing out an article or two, feel
free.

and i do mean free.

as in, for no pay.

not that i couldn't afford to pay you right now, i merely choose not
to.

it's a principle thinger.

otherwise fuck-off.

wouldn't you just LOVE working for moi?

yeah, me too.

which is why i do.

and why i'm so independently wealthy.

-$Zero...

now, you too can be like those talking head pundits on TV
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/9eac00313f28209d

Bill Penrose

Nov 24, 2008, 12:32:04 PM11/24/08
On Nov 24, 7:01 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> clearly i'm not as crazy as you had originally thought, huh?

So far, you're holding at 'delusional'. How about more details?

DB

$Zero

Nov 25, 2008, 4:18:58 PM11/25/08
On Nov 24, 12:32 pm, Bill Penrose <dangerousb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 7:01 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > clearly i'm not as crazy as you had originally thought, huh?
>
> So far, you're holding at 'delusional'.

then all is well.

> How about more details?

well, i won't bother going into the business model right now, because
it really is in cake batter mode and so would take too long to
articulate.

plus, i don't want to give away too much of the recipe just yet.

it's a little bit like the bickerfest project that i've been
developing for some time, but in a different way.

but here's something you can work on if you'd like to participate and
possibly become one of the paid contributors.

a couple days ago i started writing an essay:

things that don't matter
http://questionless.blogspot.com/2008/11/things-that-dont-matter.html

NOTE: it's been tweaked and tweaked to the point where it no longer
actually works too well as an essay.

IOW, it needs way more tweaks.

but that's besides the point right now.

so anyway, beyond the capitalistic nature, one of the working dynamics
of this new "publishing paradigm" thinger that i've come up with is to
have several talented writers/artists collaborate on developing essays
(and other works of art) based on different theme assignments (which
will be submitted on a regular basis, say every week or so to
start).

yes, i know, it sounds all too familiar:

"another stupid round robin blah blah blah..."

but it's not.

although it does have some things in common with that kind of thing.

for example, let's say that this week's assignment is to develop works
of art based on the theme:

things that don't matter

those interested then start brainstorming and developing (either
collaboratively, independently, or both) various essays, photographs,
videos, sculptures, etc.. (but for now, just think "blog-like stuff"
for simplicity).

everyone involved will be free to use some or all of anyone else's
contribution to add their own tweaks/tangents to.

so, for instance, you could either write your very own totally
independent essay entitled:

things that don't matter

or you could take a version that someone else has made available and
just change a few things to either make it flow better or to change
the whole nature of it.

or you could submit your own photographs or graphics to add to a
particular essay (photographs and graphics which others involved could
also use in their own separate essays).

the manager eventually decides which submissions to publish as part of
the completed project, much like a magazine editor would.

get it?

it's a creativity thinger.

the business model i've come up with is what makes it worth it for
artists to spend their time contributing to the weekly themes.

or monthly, or whatever.

so anyway, if you're interested, feel free to contribute (for free
right now -- while i work out the other details) to either of the
following themes:

things that don't matter

or

petty minds, petty cash.

i'm using those two as starter themes to see how the whole thing might
actually work in reality.

(with actual creative contributors).

for now, you can post your ideas either here or in the comments
thinger at the blog.

or in your own blog.

or send them to me in email.

whatever.

the idea is to try to create something interesting, entertaining,
amusing, moving, beneficial, etc..

and make money doing so!

i've already got the start-up cash, a merchant account set up, and
many other parts of the project taken care of.

now it's just a matter of digging in with the other reality parts.

(like organizing the various writers and their work-flows and whatnot)

experimenting with the model and developing it into success.

-$Zero... Dreamer... RealityManager... Smartass... Idiot...
Optimist... Fool...

want to get rich? oversleep. quit your job. burn your bridges.
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/70089b1572ed1330

Bill Penrose

Nov 25, 2008, 5:34:00 PM11/25/08
On Nov 25, 2:18 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> well, i won't bother going into the business model right now, because
> it really is in cake batter mode

Remember, when you stick a knife in it, it should come out clean.

DB

$Zero

Nov 26, 2008, 1:16:22 AM11/26/08
On Nov 25, 4:18 pm, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 24, 12:32 pm, Bill Penrose <dangerousb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 24, 7:01 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

i just tweaked it a bit for better flow:

enjoy:

more original photos, original videos, original songs, original
sentences, etc., soon to be added to this week's project theme:

things that don't matter

(perhaps even by you).

or write your very own essay entitled:

things that don't matter

or if you like, work on the other experimental theme of the week:

petty minds, petty cash.

see how that works?

-$Zero...

experimenting with the model and developing it into success

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/48d1a8eb5eeb675d

bucketloads of cash. what day job?
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/f336175fc54dd30e

$Zero

Nov 27, 2008, 6:17:44 AM11/27/08

http://pettyminds.com

> see how that works?

yep.

well, sorta.

little by little.

inch by inch.

petty by petty.

> -$Zero...
>
>  experimenting with the model and developing it into success
>  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/48d1a8eb5eeb675d
>
>  bucketloads of cash. what day job?
>  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/f336175fc54dd30e

yep.

http://pettyminds.com

now sponsored by google!

yippee! *

can't wait to cash in on that baby.

other sponsors being lined up as we speak!

* or is that supposed be:

yahoo!

???

i forget.

it's been so long since anyone's posted one.

now where else can you get this level of profoundly sublime witty
sarcasm, huh?

http://pettyminds.com

that's where.

and much more!

-$Zero...

don't you want your $100 and the t-shirt?
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/d441816fcb9d2b1f

$Zero

Nov 27, 2008, 9:44:06 AM11/27/08

http://questionless.blogspot.com/2008/11/petty-minds-petty-cash.html

http://CakeBatterProductions.com

> that's what my former business partner turned employable person used
> to call this stage of the project.

obligatory tweak:

project(s)

> that was his amusing way of saying that it didn't even qualify as a
> half-baked idea yet.
>
> a mostly diplomatic way of sensibly warning me to NOT present it to
> brain-dead investors who have almost no vision (let alone any
> imagination, or patience).
>
> but if you want to contribute to fleshing out an article or two, feel
> free.

see also:

why titles matter
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/e63d3cb1d569364a

AND:

how words work
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/c14dd43524852387

AND:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/a647cdcec6325bfa

> and i do mean free.
>
> as in, for no pay.

unless you write the best essay, then you get $100 and a t-shirt.

http://questionless.blogspot.com/2008/11/petty-minds-petty-cash.html

> not that i couldn't afford to pay you right now,
> i merely choose not to.

actually, i've already commissioned two people to write essays of
their choosing, for $100 each.

(no t-shirt)

one of them is Dr Zen, and the other is a non-pixel friend of mine.

i've been meaning to ask a few other people as well, but haven't had
time to choose which ones yet.

probably Miz UV, for one.

and Dangerous Bill, for another.

and possibly a few more rascals from around these parts.

but i don't really need any new topics just yet, so i'm putting that
stuff off for a bit.

experimenting with the model and developing it into success
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/48d1a8eb5eeb675d

however, you're all welcome to work on the current two themes, if you
want to have some fun while at the same time helping moi, the creative
genius, to figure out how to work out the logistics of managing the
way the project will work in real life as i deal with your various
contributions, hence the introduction of the $100 and the shirt for
the best submitted essay.

to make it more worth your while to essentially goof off.

get it?

anyway...

> it's a principle thinger.
>
> otherwise fuck-off.
>
> wouldn't you just LOVE working for moi?
>
> yeah, me too.
>
> which is why i do.
>
> and why i'm so independently wealthy.
>
> -$Zero...
>
>  now, you too can be like those talking head pundits on TV
>  http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/9eac00313f28209d

or like those bloggers who get paid the big bucks for cranking out
their own blatherings.

-$Zero...

http://pettyminds.com

Happy Thanksgiving! and a fairness doctrine equal time proposal
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.writing/msg/ec5f4d07d08aa4e2

Bill Penrose

Nov 27, 2008, 11:30:35 AM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 4:17 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > see how that works?
>
> yep.
>
> well, sorta.

Did you just answer yourself?

Do you ever argue with yourself?

DB

$Zero

Nov 27, 2008, 4:22:30 PM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 11:30 am, Bill Penrose <dangerousb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 27, 4:17 am, "$Zero" <zeroi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > see how that works?
>
> > yep.
>
> > well, sorta.
>
> Did you just answer yourself?

yep.

well, sorta.

> Do you ever argue with yourself?

i used to argue with myself ALL of the time.

but i finally made such a good and logical and persuasive argument
that i absolutely convinced myself that i was right.

so i don't argue with myself too much anymore.

why?

well, because it's just way too much of a challenge arguing with
someone who's always right, like myself.

and as i'm sure you'll agree, arguing with someone who really IS
always right can be sooo annoying because you have to keep finding out
that you're always wrong, you know?

and who needs that?

-$Zero...

a case of irreconcilable similarities.