Car license, etc.

1 view

Hung Well (no comma)

Jun 16, 2008, 2:53:39 PM6/16/08
I drove out to the county tax office this morning and renewed the license
for my huge Ford Explosion. When the young Mexican American woman looked
at my insurance card and saw what I drove, she asked me to take her outside
and let her see it. She said she had never seen one before except in the
dealer's brochure. I apologized for the smudgy windows.

Anyway, I paid for the license in cash and then went to Jiffy Lube for an
oil change. When the guy changed the oil, the others stood around and
watched with envy. One guy took a spray bottle and cleaned the windows all
around. Tomorrow or the next day I'll get my annual inspection sticker (the
gal at Jiffy Lube said I need a new license plate light and new wiper
blades). She said they cost more for an Explosion.

While I was at the county office I passed a table loaded with LaRouche
(however it's spelt) information. It was outside the building and under the
overhang; and the woman told me he wanted to get the price of oil down to
GWB's IQ. Well, that's about 145, and said I'll go for that. I asked her
if she was a Libertarian, but she would not admit she was. She wanted a
donation, but I said no.

I just had my daily serving of Yogurt; and as soon as I brush my tooth I'll
head to the gym for a macho workout. My cat Young Man just hopppeed intomy
lap, suI'l l habe to sype by loooking over her bofy or unerder it.

#veryone post well, and on[t worry about all the democrats rushing to vote
for MdCain. The ywill still elect a democrat. You libs can't lose this
one.

--Hnu Well

Grande Mal

Jun 16, 2008, 4:49:49 PM6/16/08

"Hung Well (no comma)" <V...@extnet.net> wrote in message
>I> While I was at the county office I passed a table loaded with LaRouche
>(however it's spelt) information. It was outside the building and under
>the overhang; and the woman told me he wanted to get the price of oil down
>to GWB's IQ. Well, that's about 145,

Metric?

Pies de Arcilla

Jun 16, 2008, 5:03:26 PM6/16/08

Hung Well (no comma) wrote:
> the woman told me he wanted to get the price of oil down to
> GWB's IQ. Well, that's about 145, and said I'll go for that.

Based on his SAT scores, GWB's IQ is about 120. Probably about the
same as most of the people here.

Pies de Arcilla

Jun 16, 2008, 5:07:55 PM6/16/08
On Jun 16, 2:53 pm, "Hung Well \(no comma\)" <V...@extnet.net> wrote:
> I drove out to the county tax office this morning and renewed the license
> for my huge Ford Explosion.

I had assumed you were driving this thing:
http://webiol.homenetinc.com/dealers/8998/19087/CPD26091.jpg

But then I realized there are actually two big Ford SUVs with similar
names. Do you drive the huge one or the ridiculous one?

Skipper

Jun 16, 2008, 5:31:59 PM6/16/08
In article
<cd5e7a5d-e5eb-49e6...@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,

Interesting calculation.

I scored 1368 out of 1500. Wonder what that means.

Bill Penrose

Jun 16, 2008, 5:54:33 PM6/16/08
On Jun 16, 10:53 am, "Hung Well \(no comma\)" <V...@extnet.net> wrote:
> Anyway, I paid for the license in cash and then went to Jiffy Lube for an
> oil change. When the guy changed the oil, the others stood around and
> watched with envy. One guy took a spray bottle and cleaned the windows all
> around.

He did all the windows with one spray bottle? Usually, they need one
of those cherry picker hoists they use for de-icing aircraft.

>... new wiper

> blades). She said they cost more for an Explosion.

That's 'cause they're six feet long.

Did you get the flowers and the bottle of Scotch from your local
gasoline merchant?

DB

Ultraviolet

Jun 16, 2008, 6:01:10 PM6/16/08
You can get anything you want at Skipper's restaurant:

> In article
> <cd5e7a5d-e5eb-49e6-abff-21020d51fbf0

The old SAT score was out of *1600* points, Skippy, not 1500, and
the new one goes to 2400, so this means you've made yet another
error. In any case, 1368 was a good score, and according to this
site translates to about a 141-144 IQ (I rounded you up to 1370).

http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/oldSATIQ.aspx

The site doesn't claim great accuracy -- it's just for fun.

I went to high school in the midwest and took the ACT. Got a 33,
which translates to a 1470 SAT score, and the comparison site
estimates my IQ at 151-154, which matches the 154 I received from an
online IQ test -- again just for fun, not official.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Sylvia

Jun 16, 2008, 6:54:30 PM6/16/08

.

> >> Based on his SAT scores, GWB's IQ is about 120. Probably about
> >> the same as most of the people here.
> >
> > Interesting calculation.
> >
> > I scored 1368 out of 1500. Wonder what that means.

Easy peasy! It means that Skip's lyin' again!

> The old SAT score was out of *1600* points, Skippy, not 1500,

Correctomundo. At Rutgers, the joke was that 1200 (out of 1600) was the dividin'
line for sentient life.

> and the new one goes to 2400, so this means you've made yet another error.
> In any case, 1368 was a good score, and according to this site translates to
> about a 141-144 IQ (I rounded you up to 1370).

1370 out of the 2400, mebbe. gawd! Could you imagine Skip takin' the essay part
of the current SATs? He'd *owe* points. Too bad they didn't have these questions
on Skip's test:

--------------------------------------
I would join/financially support a religious cult based on awful science fiction:

A. Never.

B. Once, if they told me that "the Earth is doomed
within a few years unless $cientology succeeds".

C. Twice, if I forgot to pack my guitar when I ran away
from the slave labor conditions (DOH!), and if, when I called
them and explained that I needed it to become a STAR, they
reminded me that "the Earth is doomed within a few years
unless $cientology succeeds" (and promised to give my guitar
to a peep they trusted who'd hold it for me).

D. Three times, if when I left again, Xenu, Scientology's Galactic
Dictator, asked me to sign a promissory note for an *additional*
$50,000. Which I would, because I'd be afraid afraid they'd turn
me into one of their "evil alien space cattle".

E. Where do I sign to re-up?

Henry Kissinger was a Russian KGB member.

A. No. Wot a stupid statement.

B. He's KGB, this I know, because my Xenu told me so.

> http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/oldSATIQ.aspx
>
> The site doesn't claim great accuracy -- it's just for fun.
> I went to high school in the midwest and took the ACT. Got a 33,
> which translates to a 1470 SAT score, and the comparison site
> estimates my IQ at 151-154, which matches the 154 I received from an
> online IQ test -- again just for fun, not official.

<peeking>

summabitch. Mine SAT score matches my (Official) IQ score. Interestin', though
I concur with this:

"Note: Mensa considers that scores from after January 31, 1994,
'No longer correlate with an IQ test.' "

The SATs became a joke during the 1990's, and these days a lot of universities
ignore the scores or give them very little weight due to skewed scores resulting
from the academic testing preparation indu$try.

--
Sylvia

"She launched into a standard 'the Earth is doomed within a
few years unless $cientology succeeds' mantra which tapped
into the reason I joined $cientology in the first place; I thought
it would help me help people.

"Yvonne Jentzsch, the founder of Celebrity Centre, thoroughly
believed this mantra. Of course, she also told a staff meeting
that Henry Kissinger was a Russian KGB member, but I didn't
know how crazy she was at the time. How could I?"

-- Skip Press on how he was stupid enough to join/rejoin
a cult based on very bad science fiction stories
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/prisoner.htm

Skipper

Jun 16, 2008, 7:26:02 PM6/16/08
In article <Xns9ABF98C9A4F40v...@64.209.0.94>,
Ultraviolet <viol...@newsguy.com> wrote:

When I took the test at the then East Texas State University, I was
told by the woman who signed me up that it went to 1500. I really
didn't pay that much attention. She said "well, you can get a Masters
in 5 years" and I said OK. 1500, 1600, so what.

The only time I ever took an IQ test I was told mine was 168.

But as you still haven't managed to find out, it's just all interesting
to me and I don't really give much of a damn about it.

You do, apparently. Heh heh. Keep workin on dat novel, UV.

Ultraviolet

Jun 16, 2008, 7:56:37 PM6/16/08

It actually makes quite a bit of difference, but do carry on.

> The only time I ever took an IQ test I was told mine was 168.

Where'd you take that one, Scientology HQ? LOLZ

> But as you still haven't managed to find out, it's just all
> interesting to me and I don't really give much of a damn about it.

'Course not. That's why you began a whole separate thread about it,
and are responding again here. And your skill with language is
something else: "it's just all interesting to me and I don't really
give much of a damn about it." Are you usually interested in things
you don't give much of a damn about?

> You do, apparently. Heh heh. Keep workin on dat novel, UV.

You started a new thread about it, but I "apparently" give more of a
damn? Your logical skills continue to astound.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Skipper

Jun 16, 2008, 8:06:45 PM6/16/08
In article <Xns9ABFAC5C98D2Av...@64.209.0.95>,
Ultraviolet <viol...@newsguy.com> wrote:

What's astounding is how you do "nyah nyah" and then get all pissed off
when you get it back in your face.

You really don't have a life much, do you?

PJ

Jun 16, 2008, 8:23:38 PM6/16/08
Skipper wrote:

> Heh heh. Keep workin on dat novel, UV.

See? You're a piss-ant braggart who demeans other writers. UV is a
writer, and a smart and shrewd and talented one at that. You look for
her published works to verify this. That makes you a blind idiot, as
well as an obvious needle-dick. I look to her talent and intelligence
compared to you.

She wins. Hands down. You lose. Hoo boy, do you ever lose.

Okay, some stats: According to the Library of Congress, Mr. Big Shot,
you've had 16 books published, of which 11 were published before 1996
and most were targeted at student audiences age 9 to 12 ... the exact
same audience as about 1/3 of the books I've written. Oh, and while I
was writing about the Great Depression, Constellations, Drunk Driving,
Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Asteroids, Impressionism, Exploring Mars, the
Internet, Earthquakes, Jonas Salk, Joseph Lister, Iraq, Korea,
Afhganistan, etc. for this *same* audience, you were writing about Tori
Spelling, Michael & Kirk Douglas, the Judds, Charlie Sheen, and Joan
Rivers. Wow. Meaty shit, gotta give you much credit! Probably you met
them and got interviews firsthand, yeah? Uh-huh. LOL.

Since 1996, you have published "Your Modeling Career," "Complete Idiot's
Guide to Screenwriting," "Complete Idiot's Guide to Screenwriting,"
(again) and "Ultimate Writer's Guide to Hollywood."

And yet I seem to remember you posting a while back that you "sell
nearly every word" that you write. So where's all the evidence of that
uber-selling success eh? Maybe the LOC is just uninformed.

Keep demeaning gekko, UV, Sylvia, Alan, Stan, Bill P., and all the rest
of the writers here, yes writers, if that makes you feel good [poor sad
pathetic creature that you are]. That doesn't change the fact that
you're a no-talent hack and they're not.

Oh, and g'head. Ignore this post the way you have all the others when
I've nailed your ass to the wall. Or, if you have the balls [heh heh],
address what I've written directly with an intelligent, thoughtful response.

Anyone want to bet on the response?

Pfffft.

~ ~ ~
PJ

Ultraviolet

Jun 16, 2008, 8:32:53 PM6/16/08
You can get anything you want at Skipper's restaurant:

<>

> What's astounding is how you do "nyah nyah" and then get all

> pissed off when you get it back in your face.

You didn't give anything back, dimbo. You ignored all my points to
sputter the irrelevance above. You pretend you "don't care" when you're
addressing the very same topics I am, and when I call you on that, you
change the subject. Do you think no one notices?

I know! Now you can make a "joke" about my pointy hat to show how
clever you are. G'wan, you know you can't resist.

> You really don't have a life much, do you?

I'm responding to posts same as you are, Skimpy, and you have more
posts around than I do. Keep that in mind when you start regurgitating
your GAL lames again.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Sylvia

Jun 16, 2008, 8:54:42 PM6/16/08

.

> >> Based on his SAT scores, GWB's IQ is about 120. Probably about
> >> the same as most of the people here.
> >
> > Interesting calculation.
> >
> > I scored 1368 out of 1500. Wonder what that means.

Easy peasy! It means that Skip's lyin' again!

> The old SAT score was out of *1600* points, Skippy, not 1500,

Correctomundo. At Rutgers, the joke was that 1200 (out of 1600) was the dividin'
line for sentient life.

> and the new one goes to 2400, so this means you've made yet another error.

> In any case, 1368 was a good score, and according to this site translates to
> about a 141-144 IQ (I rounded you up to 1370).

1370 out of the 2400, mebbe. gawd! Could you imagine Skip takin' the essay part

of the current SATs? He'd *owe* points. Too bad they didn't have these questions
on Skip's test:

--------------------------------------
I would join/financially support a religious cult based on awful science fiction:

A. Never.

B. Once, if they told me that "the Earth is doomed
within a few years unless $cientology succeeds".

C. Twice, if I forgot to pack my guitar when I ran away
from the slave labor conditions (DOH!), and if, when I called
them and explained that I needed it to become a STAR, they
reminded me that "the Earth is doomed within a few years
unless $cientology succeeds" (and promised to give my guitar
to a peep they trusted who'd hold it for me).

D. Three times, if when I left again, Xenu, Scientology's Galactic
Dictator, asked me to sign a promissory note for an *additional*
$50,000. Which I would, because I'd be afraid afraid they'd turn
me into one of their "evil alien space cattle".

E. Where do I sign to re-up?

Henry Kissinger was a Russian KGB member.

A. No. Wot a stupid statement.

B. He's KGB, this I know, because my Xenu told me so.

> http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/oldSATIQ.aspx

> The site doesn't claim great accuracy -- it's just for fun.
> I went to high school in the midwest and took the ACT. Got a 33,
> which translates to a 1470 SAT score, and the comparison site
> estimates my IQ at 151-154, which matches the 154 I received from an
> online IQ test -- again just for fun, not official.

<peeking>

summabitch. My SAT score matches my (Official) IQ score. Interestin', though

Grande Mal

Jun 16, 2008, 8:58:52 PM6/16/08

"Skipper" <skipSP...@yahoo.not> wrote in message

> In article <Xns9ABF98C9A4F40v...@64.209.0.94>,
> Ultraviolet <viol...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> >
> The only time I ever took an IQ test I was told mine was 168.

Did they keep a straight face when they said it?

LN

Jun 16, 2008, 9:10:36 PM6/16/08
Skipper wrote:
> In article <Xns9ABF98C9A4F40v...@64.209.0.94>,

> The only time I ever took an IQ test I was told mine was 168.

They said, "Oh...you're the one with a 68."

Listen more closely.

LNC

Skipper

Jun 16, 2008, 9:20:41 PM6/16/08
In article <yJqdnUMpbNvSmcrV...@comcast.com>, PJ
<autho...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Skipper wrote:
>
> > Heh heh. Keep workin on dat novel, UV.
>
> See? You're a piss-ant braggart who demeans other writers. UV is a
> writer, and a smart and shrewd and talented one at that. You look for
> her published works to verify this. That makes you a blind idiot, as
> well as an obvious needle-dick. I look to her talent and intelligence
> compared to you.

Well, thanks for your vote. It's hilarious how worked up you get, way
more than anyone else. Wonder why that is?

> She wins. Hands down. You lose. Hoo boy, do you ever lose.
>
> Okay, some stats: According to the Library of Congress, Mr. Big Shot,
> you've had 16 books published, of which 11 were published before 1996
> and most were targeted at student audiences age 9 to 12 ... the exact
> same audience as about 1/3 of the books I've written. Oh, and while I
> was writing about the Great Depression, Constellations, Drunk Driving,
> Tsunamis, Hurricanes, Asteroids, Impressionism, Exploring Mars, the
> Internet, Earthquakes, Jonas Salk, Joseph Lister, Iraq, Korea,
> Afhganistan, etc. for this *same* audience, you were writing about Tori
> Spelling, Michael & Kirk Douglas, the Judds, Charlie Sheen, and Joan
> Rivers. Wow. Meaty shit, gotta give you much credit! Probably you met
> them and got interviews firsthand, yeah? Uh-huh. LOL.
>
> Since 1996, you have published "Your Modeling Career," "Complete Idiot's
> Guide to Screenwriting," "Complete Idiot's Guide to Screenwriting,"
> (again) and "Ultimate Writer's Guide to Hollywood."
>
> And yet I seem to remember you posting a while back that you "sell
> nearly every word" that you write. So where's all the evidence of that
> uber-selling success eh? Maybe the LOC is just uninformed.

Maybe your research isn't so good, but I'll let you live with your
neurosis. A simple look at my website would answer some of your foam at
the mouth blustering.

> Keep demeaning gekko, UV, Sylvia, Alan, Stan, Bill P., and all the rest
> of the writers here, yes writers, if that makes you feel good [poor sad
> pathetic creature that you are]. That doesn't change the fact that
> you're a no-talent hack and they're not.
>
> Oh, and g'head. Ignore this post the way you have all the others when
> I've nailed your ass to the wall. Or, if you have the balls [heh heh],
> address what I've written directly with an intelligent, thoughtful response.

Let's put it this way. I don't lie about anything, but boy do certain
parties here go nuts trying to declare I do, based on what they can
find on the Innertubes.

And none of my questions about what they've done as they come after me,
trying to demean what I've done, is ever answered.

So since you're being big tough big sister Poojay and takin up for 'em,
go tell them to answer my questions, then maybe I'd give a shit about
what YOU say, which right now, I don't.

gekko and Sylviafish are utterly fucking crazy, so I don't expect much.
At least Paula will admit what she's doing. Took her long enough.

Pies de Arcilla

Jun 16, 2008, 9:38:23 PM6/16/08
On Jun 16, 6:01 pm, Ultraviolet <viole...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> You can get anything you want at Skipper's restaurant:
>
> > In article
> > <cd5e7a5d-e5eb-49e6-abff-21020d51fbf0
>
> @w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > Pies de Arcilla <dearci...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Based on his SAT scores, GWB's IQ is about 120. Probably about
> >> the same as most of the people here.
>
> > Interesting calculation.
>
> > I scored 1368 out of 1500. Wonder what that means.
>
> The old SAT score was out of *1600* points, Skippy, not 1500, and
> the new one goes to 2400, so this means you've made yet another
> error. In any case, 1368 was a good score, and according to this
> site translates to about a 141-144 IQ (I rounded you up to 1370).
>
> http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/oldSATIQ.aspx
>
> The site doesn't claim great accuracy -- it's just for fun.
>
> I went to high school in the midwest and took the ACT. Got a 33,
> which translates to a 1470 SAT score, and the comparison site
> estimates my IQ at 151-154, which matches the 154 I received from an
> online IQ test -- again just for fun, not official.
>
> --
> UVhttp://paula-light.blogspot.com

120 is 90th percentile. 126 is 95th percentile. 133 is 98th
percentile.
Even if you got a perfect score on the old SAT, I wouldn't conclude
you were in the 140s.
144 means you're 1 in 600, and 154 means you're 1 in 6000. I don't
think you can make that sort of inference from an SAT score. It just
isn't that hard a test.

Skipper

Jun 16, 2008, 9:39:34 PM6/16/08
In article <Xns9ABFB282C4AA9v...@64.209.0.82>,
Ultraviolet <viol...@newsguy.com> wrote:

Here's the point. I hope you're actually paying attention this time.

As far as I know, the majority of you here on this writing group are
liberals, kind of far-left at that, and very angry.

It occurred to me some time back that this isn't a writing group, it's
a bubble-headed chat group populated mostly by far-lefters.

And you're mostly not successful at writing, far as I know. I don't
scurry around like a cockroach trying to figure out your real names,
anything. I don't give a shit - if I can't just ask and get a straight
answer, why bother?

Far as I know, Hopless, gucko, and Sylviafish have never sold much of
anything. I don't know about Towse (or whether she wants to) or Pies
(who always seems smart) or others.

When I made it very clear that I'm a conservative, the leftloons came
at me, and the only way they could think they made an impact (they
never did) was by attacking any writing credit they could find of mine
on the Net. That's astonishingly silly, but it's normal on Usenet.
Peggy just did it, thinking she was real slick using the Library of
Congress. And she revealed that everything she writes is work for hire,
which is a little sad, given how much she's published. She should
branch out into bigger work with royalties, I'm sure she could. She
could probably make a ton of money writing romance novels. I recently
wrote six chapters of a science book for hire because it landed in my
lap and got me a great new agent, but I usually get royalties, and
pretty nice ones.

So... if you didn't get such glee and blood rush over attacking me, you
might back off for a second and think about it. Something like "Wait a
minute, this guy actually does sell a lot of books, why is that?"

It has to do with logic and marketing and (gasp!) a conservative
approach to life, as well as considerable talent. If you looked on
simply the first page of my site (which I'm sure you have) you'd find
two books I worked on that went to #1 in their category on Amazon and
another that was a best-seller.

Geno very obviously does the same kind of approach with his school
board thing or whatever it is - he supplies something that people want
and will pay for, as does PJ.

Now, why did I start in with political stuff? Because the Canadian
idiot just wouldn't stop with his Bush-hating, and because he's a
fucking Canadian, I took particular offense to that. So I started
jamming it back at him.

So you guys can keep wasting your writing lives with long angry posts
and things you think show that you "won" but boy is it ultimately a
waste of typing. If you put that kind of passionate emotion into
well-structured fiction, you might find yourself a lot less angry,
because you would have SALES.

How do I know? Because I've helped thousands of writers for over a
decade become successful or more successful. I'm not going to name
names because that seems to piss some people off.

And I also don't particularly think some of the "show me!" assholes
here deserve anything because they've never shown anything of
themselves. But that's a typical Usenet attack of the dying virus
types, look for what they think is a weak spot, try to get under the
skin, and always stay as anonymous and uninspected as possible.

So there you go. I'm not going to respond. This is an explanation,
which I'm not sure you deserve, but you've been a bit more civil
lately.

Ultraviolet

Jun 16, 2008, 9:40:39 PM6/16/08
Skipper left the cake out in the rain:

<>

> At least Paula will admit what she's doing. Took her long
> enough.

Yep, I'm kicking your ass here whenever I please. Never pretended
otherwise.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Ultraviolet

Jun 16, 2008, 9:44:49 PM6/16/08
Pies de Arcilla left the cake out in the rain:

<>

> 120 is 90th percentile. 126 is 95th percentile. 133 is 98th
> percentile.
> Even if you got a perfect score on the old SAT, I wouldn't conclude
> you were in the 140s.

Okay. I didn't "conclude" anything from my score -- I simply found that
site because I was bored.

> 144 means you're 1 in 600, and 154 means you're 1 in 6000. I don't
> think you can make that sort of inference from an SAT score. It just
> isn't that hard a test.

~shrug~ I said it was just for fun, Pies. No need to get all riled up.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Ultraviolet

Jun 16, 2008, 10:15:48 PM6/16/08
Skipper left the cake out in the rain:

<>

> Here's the point. I hope you're actually paying attention this
> time.
>
> As far as I know, the majority of you here on this writing group
> are liberals, kind of far-left at that, and very angry.

Well, I'm not, but you *assumed* I must be, which doesn't say much
for your intellect.

> It occurred to me some time back that this isn't a writing group,
> it's a bubble-headed chat group populated mostly by far-lefters.

Okay, so you hung around to troll. Nothing wrong with that. Just
don't pretend it's something else.

> And you're mostly not successful at writing, far as I know. I
> don't scurry around like a cockroach trying to figure out your
> real names, anything. I don't give a shit - if I can't just ask
> and get a straight answer, why bother?

Why does it matter? You act as though you have the right to demand
answers out of people, and you don't. Perhaps if you asked nicely...

But in any case, I answered your question about being published, so
there was no reason to slosh your anger at "the others" onto me.

> Far as I know, Hopless, gucko, and Sylviafish have never sold much
> of anything. I don't know about Towse (or whether she wants to) or
> Pies (who always seems smart) or others.

And whether they've sold anything matters because ...?

> When I made it very clear that I'm a conservative, the leftloons
> came at me, and the only way they could think they made an impact
> (they never did) was by attacking any writing credit they could
> find of mine on the Net. That's astonishingly silly, but it's
> normal on Usenet.

You'll believe what you want, but that simply isn't true. You were
attacked for being an arrogant asshole who said stupid things. There
are other non-lefties here who don't act like jerks (which you would
know if *you* paid attention), and they aren't "attacked."

> Peggy just did it, thinking she was real slick
> using the Library of Congress. And she revealed that everything
> she writes is work for hire, which is a little sad, given how much
> she's published. She should branch out into bigger work with
> royalties, I'm sure she could. She could probably make a ton of
> money writing romance novels. I recently wrote six chapters of a
> science book for hire because it landed in my lap and got me a
> great new agent, but I usually get royalties, and pretty nice
> ones.

Whatever, that's her choice. But she didn't "attack" you for being a
conservative; she took you to task for being a jerk.

> So... if you didn't get such glee and blood rush over attacking
> me, you might back off for a second and think about it. Something
> like "Wait a minute, this guy actually does sell a lot of books,
> why is that?"

You're not selling fiction, Skip, so I don't really care. I don't
mean that as a slam -- I'm simply uninterested in non-fiction
publishing, whether by you or anyone else. I will, of course, be
happy for a friend who sells a piece of non-fiction, but that's a
different thing.

> It has to do with logic and marketing and (gasp!) a conservative
> approach to life, as well as considerable talent. If you looked on
> simply the first page of my site (which I'm sure you have) you'd
> find two books I worked on that went to #1 in their category on
> Amazon and another that was a best-seller.
>
> Geno very obviously does the same kind of approach with his school
> board thing or whatever it is - he supplies something that people
> want and will pay for, as does PJ.

Yep, and so? I've never taken much of an interest in the details of
PJ or Geno's sales either. I like writing and reading fiction;
marketing and publishing make me yawn. Now maybe that means I'll
never sell anything, and I guess I don't care. This seems to bug
you, and I don't know why. So what if I never get published?

> Now, why did I start in with political stuff? Because the Canadian
> idiot just wouldn't stop with his Bush-hating, and because he's a
> fucking Canadian, I took particular offense to that. So I started
> jamming it back at him.

If you had been paying attention, you would have realized that I
never ragged you about smacking Kookchicky. I've smacked him myself.

> So you guys can keep wasting your writing lives with long angry
> posts and things you think show that you "won" but boy is it
> ultimately a waste of typing. If you put that kind of passionate
> emotion into well-structured fiction, you might find yourself a
> lot less angry, because you would have SALES.

Do you see what you've done there? No, I suppose you don't/can't.

> How do I know? Because I've helped thousands of writers for over a
> decade become successful or more successful. I'm not going to name
> names because that seems to piss some people off.
>
> And I also don't particularly think some of the "show me!"
> assholes here deserve anything because they've never shown
> anything of themselves. But that's a typical Usenet attack of the
> dying virus types, look for what they think is a weak spot, try to
> get under the skin, and always stay as anonymous and uninspected
> as possible.
>
> So there you go. I'm not going to respond. This is an explanation,
> which I'm not sure you deserve, but you've been a bit more civil
> lately.

Thx, I think.

--
UV
http://paula-light.blogspot.com

Grande Mal

Jun 16, 2008, 10:20:45 PM6/16/08

"Ultraviolet" <viol...@newsguy.com> wrote in message

> Skipper left the cake out in the rain:
>
> <>
>
>> Here's the point. I hope you're actually paying attention this
>> time.
>>
>> As far as I know, the majority of you here on this writing group
>> are liberals, kind of far-left at that, and very angry.
>

> Well, I'm not, but you *assumed* I must be, which doesn't say much
> for your intellect.

168 IQ. Higher than Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein (estimated), and Bill
Gates.
And it must be true because he said so.

Hung Well (no comma)

Jun 17, 2008, 8:53:13 AM6/17/08

I'm planning on driving there again today and let them inspect it. I
have about 250 pounds of supplies in the rear cargo area, and I want
to tote all of it into storage before I go because they test the
brakes by gunning the engine and then slamming down hard on the
pedal. I don't want stuff flying all over the place.

A few days ago I posted about how some vehicles are not selling well,
and the media blames it on high gas prices. One of the vehicles was
the big Jeep, and I talked to a guy yesterday who just sold his. It
wasn't because gas is high, he said. It was because the damn thing
was so ugly.

He bought it because he thought it looked a lot like the H2, but he
couldn't afford a Hummer. Longer he kept the Jeep the uglier it got,
and it still wasn't a Hummer. He's now driving a Chevy pick up.

The Ford Explosion does not look like a Hummer, and the styling hasn't
changed since I bought it.

--HG Well

Hung Well (no comma)

Jun 17, 2008, 8:56:48 AM6/17/08

If you think the SAT is easy, you should see the one on SUN and MON.
They get harder as the week progresses.

--HG<I know because I steal my neighbor's paper>Well

Sylvia

Jun 17, 2008, 9:18:53 AM6/17/08
In article <160620081626022616%skipSP...@yahoo.not>,
Skipper <skipSP...@yahoo.not> wrote:

> Ultraviolet wrote:
> > You can get anything you want at Skipper's restaurant:

<...>

.

> > > I scored 1368 out of 1500. Wonder what that means.
.
> > The old SAT score was out of *1600* points, Skippy, not 1500, and
> > the new one goes to 2400, so this means you've made yet another
> > error. In any case, 1368 was a good score, and according to this
> > site translates to about a 141-144 IQ (I rounded you up to 1370).

.

> > http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/oldSATIQ.aspx
> >
> > The site doesn't claim great accuracy -- it's just for fun.
> >
> > I went to high school in the midwest and took the ACT. Got a 33,
> > which translates to a 1470 SAT score, and the comparison site
> > estimates my IQ at 151-154, which matches the 154 I received from an
> > online IQ test -- again just for fun, not official.
.
> When I took the test at the then East Texas State University,

<staring>

Someone oughta tell Skip that SAT testin' is done in secondary schools, not by
strollin' into a college. It would make his story more believable.

> I was told by the woman who signed me up

Someone oughta tell Skip that SAT testin' doesn't work the same as enlistin ' in
the Army.

> that it went to 1500.

Someone oughta tell Skip that if he had really taken the SAT, he'd have known
better, 'cause they hammer that into yer head.

> I really didn't pay that much attention.

Someone oughta tell Skip that ya don't just stroll into a college, sign up for
an SAT, and take it. Someone oughta tell Skip about the PSATs.

> She said "well, you can get a Masters in 5 years"

<merry laughter>

A Masters in *what*? Someone oughta tell Skip that ya don't just "get yer
Masters" like that.

> and I said OK.

Skip Press is confusing his college education fantasy with his real Signing Up
for Xenu and Scientology experience:

"She launched into a standard 'the Earth is doomed within a
few years unless $cientology succeeds' mantra which tapped
into the reason I joined $cientology in the first place; I thought
it would help me help people.

"Yvonne Jentzsch, the founder of Celebrity Centre, thoroughly
believed this mantra. Of course, she also told a staff meeting
that Henry Kissinger was a Russian KGB member, but I didn't
know how crazy she was at the time. How could I?"

-- Skip Press on how he was stupid enough to join/rejoin
a cult based on very bad science fiction stories
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/prisoner.htm

> 1500, 1600, so what.

Wot an idiot.

> The only time I ever took an IQ test I was told mine was 168.

<falling off Comfy Chair in HUMONGOUS fit of laughter>

168! OMFG! He's JUST like Haddad! Not only does he lie to try to impress peeps,
but he's gotta over-reach and destroy his entire pack of lies! AND, he doesn't
have a clue *why* what he just said does that! 168! Skip Press of all people!
Can't ya just picture it?

Skip Press: "Hi, I have an IQ of 168!"

Xenu: "Oh, well, then, we need you to help save the Earth!
All you have to do is work under slave labor conditions
and promise to support us FOREVER! Here, sign this."

Skip Press: "Okay."

> But as you still haven't managed to find out, it's just all interesting
> to me and I don't really give much of a damn about it.

Right. There's the logic of Skip's 168 shining through... suuuuuure.

> You do, apparently. Heh heh. Keep workin on dat novel, UV.

Heh heh. Keep forking money over to that cult, Skip. I wonder how much of that
extra $50,000 promissory note he still owes to his Scientology cult... he prolly
agreed to usury interest rates, too.

Sylvia

Jun 17, 2008, 9:18:52 AM6/17/08
"Grande Mal" wrote:

> "Ultraviolet" wrote

> > Skipper left the cake out in the rain:
> >
> > <>
> >
> >> Here's the point. I hope you're actually paying attention this
> >> time.
> >>
> >> As far as I know, the majority of you here on this writing group
> >> are liberals, kind of far-left at that, and very angry.
> >

> > Well, I'm not, but you *assumed* I must be, which doesn't say much
> > for your intellect.
>
> 168 IQ. Higher than Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein (estimated), and Bill
> Gates.
> And it must be true because he said so.

I'll bet he helped Ray Haddad bomb Hanoi in 1974, too!

--
Sylvia

Sylvia

Jun 17, 2008, 9:18:59 AM6/17/08
"My guess is that it was projection."

-- Skip Press

In article <160620081706451364%skipSP...@yahoo.not>,
Skipper <skipSP...@yahoo.not> wrote:

<...>

[To Miz UV]

> You really don't have a life much, do you?

The life of Skip Press: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5rfsav

and

http://gardex.googlepages.com/posting2
(Highest amount of posts to MW for June, as of June 15th: Skip Press, at 360.
Miz UV's number of posts: 102.)

--
Sylvia

Of course, when ya compare it to his Life With Xenu...

"It was determined that I was a troublemaker based on really
nothing [...] So I was given a choice of going to work with the
$cientology slave labor force known as the Rehabilitation Project
Force [...] or I would be kicked out of the so-called church and
declared to be a "suppressive person." That was the standard
choice given staff members picked for slave labor in those days.
I didn't have any friends who were not $cientologists - which
the organization very carefully arranges for as many members
as possible. I had alienated my family over $cientology. I had
no money. So I chose to be a slave, slightly buying into the chance
that I might actually be a messed-up spiritual being in need of
rehabilitation."

-- Skip Press (who never thought of simply
walking out the door, but who calls everyone
else "morons") [1]
http://www.lermanet.com/exit/prisoner.htm

Sylvia

Jun 17, 2008, 9:19:01 AM6/17/08
In article <160620081839345539%skipSP...@yahoo.not>,
Skipper <skipSP...@yahoo.not> wrote:

> Ultraviolet wrote:
> > You can get anything you want at Skipper's restaurant:

<...>

> > > You really don't have a life much, do you?

.

> > I'm responding to posts same as you are, Skimpy, and you have more
> > posts around than I do. Keep that in mind when you start regurgitating
> > your GAL lames again.

<...>

> It occurred to me some time back that this isn't a writing group,

Golly, how quick is he? Oh, wait... From the (Official) MW Posting Guidelines:

"Misc.writing is first and foremost a newsgroup *for* writers,
rather than one only *about* writing."

http://www.mw-land.com/postguid.shtml

> it's a bubble-headed chat group populated mostly by far-lefters.

And yet, Skip Press is posting here far more than anyone else.

The life of Skip Press: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5rfsav

and

http://gardex.googlepages.com/posting2
(Highest amount of posts to MW this month, as of June 15th:
Skip Press, at 360. )

> And you're mostly not successful at writing, far as I know. I don't
> scurry around like a cockroach trying to figure out your real names, anything.

Results 1 - 100 of 907 for group:misc.writing author:skip author:press

Lessee, Skip Press spends years yappin' here about who he is, then, while still
yappin' about himself, he whines 'cause peeps know who he is.

>I don't give a shit - if I can't just ask and get a straight
> answer, why bother?

That explains the bazillion posts Skip writes demanding to know stuff about
peeps.

> Far as I know, Hopless, gucko, and Sylviafish have never sold much of
> anything. I don't know about Towse (or whether she wants to) or Pies
> (who always seems smart) or others.

As far as *Skip Press* KNOWS? <chortle!>

<strolling by with poster board announcement>

"Currently known number of times
that Skip Press has returned to
supporting his Scientology Cult is *now*:

THREE (3)."

<flipping sign around and strolling back>

"Could Skip Press be any
more STUPID? Stay tuned..."

<...>

> Peggy just did it, thinking she was real slick using the Library of
> Congress. And she revealed that everything she writes is work for hire,

"Revealed"? How clever of old Skip to figure that out!

(Damn! Was the fact that Miz PJ makes a steady income from peeps who ask her to
write books for them supposed to be another SECRET?)

> which is a little sad, given how much she's published.

See Miz PJ bein' "sad" all the way to the bank.

<snip more similarly stupid Skip Press Stuff>

> So you guys can keep wasting your writing lives with long angry posts
> and things you think show that you "won" but boy is it ultimately a
> waste of typing. If you put that kind of passionate emotion into
> well-structured fiction, you might find yourself a lot less angry,
> because you would have SALES.

The life of Skip Press: http://preview.tinyurl.com/5rfsav

> How do I know? Because I've helped thousands of writers for over a

> decade become successful or more successful.

Skip Press, who charges peeps (supposedly) how to be successful at writing
scripts for the motion picture industry, but who has NEVER been successful at it
himself.

> And I also don't particularly think some of the "show me!" assholes
> here deserve anything because they've never shown anything of
> themselves.

But, of course, Skip's the only one who's bragging about script writing and the
motion picture industry.

> But that's a typical Usenet attack of the dying virus
> types, look for what they think is a weak spot, try to get under the
> skin, and always stay as anonymous and uninspected as possible.

WTF? Must be a statement conjured by that 168 IQ Skip claims. We oughta channel
Mr. Einstein and ask him to explain... oh, wait...

"168 IQ. Higher than Stephen Hawking, Albert Einstein (estimated),
and Bill Gates. And it must be true because he said so."

-- Grande Mal, regarding Skip's IQ Claim

> So there you go. I'm not going to respond.

Uh-huh... 95 lines of Skip Press *not* responding.

> This is an explanation,

But *not* a response. 168... suuuuure.

> which I'm not sure you deserve, but you've been a bit more civil lately.

<aside to Miz UV>

BWAH HA HA HA! The PRIZE is gonna be MINE!

--
Sylvia

"If you saw me, in person, you'd shit your pants." [1]

-- Skip Press during a rare moment of truth

[1] http://gardex.googlepages.com/haddad_skip.jpg/haddad_skip-full;init:.jpg

Sylvia

Jun 17, 2008, 9:27:01 AM6/17/08

.

> > The only time I ever took an IQ test I was told mine was 168.
.
> Did they keep a straight face when they said it?

Sure... then they said, "Will that be cash, check, or credit card? Thenk you,
here's yer (Official) #2 Pencils. Proceed to Room 13."

--
Sylvia