2003

AF

Jan 1, 2003, 3:35:44 PM1/1/03
What will 2003 bring up? When do you plan to break your resolutions?

Janek Czekaj

Jan 1, 2003, 4:33:06 PM1/1/03
The unknown possibilities of existence!

"AF" <fulford_@at_hotmaildot.com> wrote in message

AF

Jan 1, 2003, 4:38:44 PM1/1/03
2003

KYLLRelite2v231

Jan 1, 2003, 4:54:51 PM1/1/03
>From: "AF"

>What will 2003 bring up? When do you plan to break your resolutions?

I don't make any resolutions. They always end up being a couple *more*
failures at the end of the year.

Kyle
--

"Mainstream monstrous media's a menace to modern minds."
-- Kyle Toucher

Message has been deleted

Dena Jo

Jan 1, 2003, 9:15:46 PM1/1/03
"AF" <fulford_@at_hotmaildot.com> wrote:

> What will 2003 bring up? When do you plan to break your resolutions?

The only resolution I made this year was not to make any resolutions.
Guess I already broke it.

--
Dena Jo

Alan Brooks

Jan 1, 2003, 10:45:28 PM1/1/03
"Buzz Elkins" writes:

> I've already broken my stereo. All I did was unplug it to paint around it
> and plug it back in, and it's broken! It hummed, I jiggled something, and
> now it won't go off standby.
>
> 2003 sucks!

Naw... that's a positive omen: The Gods are telling you you're gonna be a
musical creator rather than a musical consumer in 2003.

Alan Brooks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Schmuck with an Underwood

-- Paint, Jiggle, Hum... Repeat as needed.

Message has been deleted

new...@virtual.com

Jan 3, 2003, 9:40:21 AM1/3/03
On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 20:35:44 GMT, "AF" <fulford_@at_hotmaildot.com>
wrote:

>What will 2003 bring up?

Just by looking at CNN, I'd say 2002's lunch...

Doug

"Life is a river. If you ain't gettin' your feet
wet, you ain't playin' hard enough."

Bluesea

Jan 15, 2003, 6:38:54 AM1/15/03

"Buzz Elkins" <bzel...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> "Janek Czekaj" <janekNOSPAM...@hotmail.NOSPAMcom> wrote in

> > The unknown possibilities of existence!
>
> I've already broken my stereo. All I did was unplug it to paint around it
> and plug it back in, and it's broken! It hummed, I jiggled something, and
> now it won't go off standby.
>
> 2003 sucks!
>
> Suzy

I agree and I'll go you one better. I didn't do anything yet my refrigerator
died on New Year's Day with a freezer full of food and 3 packets of fresh
meat in the refrigerator section.

--
~~Bluesea~~wishing it died BEFORE I restocked the freezer and bought the
meat

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 15, 2003, 6:19:35 PM1/15/03

Okay........ I can join in on this one... Well, the movers broke
three legs off my six legged stereo cabinet, half a leg off a chest of
drawers, a leg off one sofa, put a gouge that looks as deep as Grand
Canyon across my desk, chipped the frames on two oil paintings and put
gouges in the actual canvas of two others, the KVM switch no longer
works so one of my computers is inaccessible, my mouse cursor jumps
off the screen without warning and for no apparent reason, the HP
computer's DVD player no longer works, my Oxford English Dictionary is
curiously missing (and God knows what other books I'm unaware of yet),
and the suckers must have "lost" a box of groceries because today I
searched house AND garage and couldn't find the cornstarch anywhere so
I had to make sandwiches for lunch instead of chow mein.

Yes! 2003 sucks a whole freaking warren of dead bunnies! (RIP BR)

Caroline
(Oh, and when I went to turn on the garbage disposer, it turned on the
dishwasher and there IS NO garbage disposer...!)

Message has been deleted

Dr. Jai Maharaj

Jan 16, 2003, 12:36:17 AM1/16/03
In article <3e25f278.62970506@news-server>,
ot...@elp.rr.come posted:

> On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:38:54 GMT, "Bluesea"
> <deep_b...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>"Buzz Elkins" <bzel...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> "Janek Czekaj" <janek...@hotmail.com> wrote in

>>> I've already broken my stereo. All I did was unplug it to paint around it
>>> and plug it back in, and it's broken! It hummed, I jiggled something, and
>>> now it won't go off standby.
>>>
>>> 2003 sucks!
>>>
>>> Suzy

>> I agree and I'll go you one better. I didn't do anything yet my refrigerator
>> died on New Year's Day with a freezer full of food and 3 packets of fresh

>> meat in the refrigerator section. ~~Bluesea~~

> Okay........ I can join in on this one... Well, the movers broke
> three legs off my six legged stereo cabinet, half a leg off a chest of
> drawers, a leg off one sofa, put a gouge that looks as deep as Grand
> Canyon across my desk, chipped the frames on two oil paintings and put
> gouges in the actual canvas of two others, the KVM switch no longer
> works so one of my computers is inaccessible, my mouse cursor jumps
> off the screen without warning and for no apparent reason, the HP
> computer's DVD player no longer works, my Oxford English Dictionary is
> curiously missing (and God knows what other books I'm unaware of yet),
> and the suckers must have "lost" a box of groceries because today I
> searched house AND garage and couldn't find the cornstarch anywhere so
> I had to make sandwiches for lunch instead of chow mein.
>
> Yes! 2003 sucks a whole freaking warren of dead bunnies! (RIP BR)
>
> Caroline
> (Oh, and when I went to turn on the garbage disposer, it turned on the
> dishwasher and there IS NO garbage disposer...!)

So that's what's happening to those who don't
utilize scientific astrology. Pity.

Jai Maharaj
http://www.mantra.com/jai
Om Shanti

Bluesea

Jan 20, 2003, 9:35:44 AM1/20/03

> I have painted my house yellow! Waaaaay too yellow. My dog sits and
barks
> at it.

ROFL!

Thanks for the laugh - I needed that!

Blessings to you, too!

--
~~Bluesea~~

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 20, 2003, 11:38:31 AM1/20/03
On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:04:51 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>ot...@elp.rr.com (Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)) wrote in

>> Yes! 2003 sucks a whole freaking warren of dead bunnies! (RIP BR)
>>
>> Caroline
>> (Oh, and when I went to turn on the garbage disposer, it turned on the
>> dishwasher and there IS NO garbage disposer...!)
>

>Caroline, bless your heart. Bless Bluesea's heart. In fact, bless
>everyone at mws' heart! Bless Brick Rage's heart.

>I have painted my house yellow! Waaaaay too yellow. My dog sits and barks

>at it. I should never ever be a decorator. It's REALLY yellow!
>
>Suzy (Hope you kick the moving guys' asses! We're not blessing their
>hearts, are we? Tell them I'll come paint their houses yellow if they
>don't do right by you.)

Hmmm... Yellow... Seems to me you have two choices... You can put
a gate out front with an archway across the top that says, "House of
Jaundice," or you can plant a gazillion tons of ivy to climb all over
it and cover it up...

Well, I guess you could repaint. Or maybe you like yellow? The only
problem, as I see it, is that if you plant daffodils, the neighbors
will think you're growing green stems! Irises. That's the answer!
Plant nice purple irises! And maybe some pink tulips?

Aha! You're in Mississippi! When I lived in Mississippi, my house
was surrounded by gorgeously gorgeous camellia bushes that were almost
as big as trees! I always had bushels of pink camellias in the house.
And pecan trees lining the drive. That was Biloxi. How's your part
of Mississippi? Cyprus knees or pecans? '-)

Caroline
Who is allergic to yellow paint, wet or dry.

Message has been deleted

Aubrey Brown

Jan 20, 2003, 3:53:08 PM1/20/03

"Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)" wrote:

> Aha! You're in Mississippi! When I lived in Mississippi,

Where haven't you lived :)

Aubrey
also allergic to yellow paint

David S

Jan 20, 2003, 4:41:13 PM1/20/03
Buzz Elkins wrote:

> ot...@elp.rr.com (Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)) wrote in

> > Hmmm... Yellow... Seems to me you have two choices... You can put
> > a gate out front with an archway across the top that says, "House of
> > Jaundice," or you can plant a gazillion tons of ivy to climb all over
> > it and cover it up...
> >
> > Well, I guess you could repaint. Or maybe you like yellow? The only
> > problem, as I see it, is that if you plant daffodils, the neighbors
> > will think you're growing green stems! Irises. That's the answer!
> > Plant nice purple irises! And maybe some pink tulips?
> >
> > Aha! You're in Mississippi! When I lived in Mississippi, my house
> > was surrounded by gorgeously gorgeous camellia bushes that were almost
> > as big as trees! I always had bushels of pink camellias in the house.
> > And pecan trees lining the drive. That was Biloxi. How's your part
> > of Mississippi? Cyprus knees or pecans? '-)
> >
> > Caroline
> > Who is allergic to yellow paint, wet or dry.
> >

> Well, this is outrageously off-topic. I'll bet the macho action-writer
> guys secretly read our decorating posts.

First, I think 2003 is the year I have been waiting for; and second it
helps to be able to paint a visual image in the readers mind before the
characters walk into it or across it.

> This is long:

It may be, but 'paints the picture' well for us to be able to 'see' you
walking around your house.

> It's not the outside of my house, it's the inside. The first time I
> painted it I went for light pastels (almost white) with dark hardwood
> floors and colorful rugs. Well, the hardwood floors got refinished, the
> light pastel walls got basset hound dog slobber on them (sorry, that was
> gross but basset hound owners will understand) and the colorful rugs got
> thrown away. Now, I've been watching the Style Channel (a redneck with the
> Style Channel!) and going to my friends' houses (not everyone here is a
> redneck) and they have stenciled and sponge-painted and bright-colored me
> into thinking that I need to do something different. I *do* like yellow.
> Painted most of my walls a light, tasteful, color of yellow but picked out
> a few, carefully chosen walls to be BRIGHT yellow. Okay, it depends on the
> time of day - early morning is good! Night time looks like mustard.
>
> Just one more thought. I rented this house on Duval St. in Austin. It had
> a bright, almost irridescent coral tone. I thought "This is terrible."
> Turns out everyone looked real attractive in that room. Sort of took on a
> glow. If I'd had a hard night out on the town the night before and then I
> got company I would suggest that we go into the dining room.
>
> We have pine trees here (The Pine Belt). Loblollies, long leafs (the best
> kind cause they grow a tap root into the ground before they grow upwards -
> can withstand fires and droughts but the timber guys get impatient so plant
> other stuff) and slash pines. Lots of raking unless you want to go
> natural. The camelias bloom in the winter (good) and the spring is best
> (about two weeks) when the azaleas are just yellin' "Look at me!" There's
> nothing quite like the April full moon coming up shining through the pines
> on the azaleas.

Nothing, in my opinion, compares with living in the south during spring
time. The house outside of town sits in two acres of pine trees which
was mainly planted by Mother Nature. So we have a good mix. Behind the
pines there is a pecan orchard with over 100 ten year old trees. The
farmer has told me that come April 19/20 they will 'bud' all over
Georgia. We also have azaleas, but also shrub roses and wild
strawberries. Close to the house, the trees are covered in honeysuckle.
My farmer neighbour said "I'll burn they offer they pines, if-un you
like." I declined his kind offer.

> Suzy (I know, I know! but if anyone wants to set a script in the south...)

The house in town is a typical two storey South Georgia Colonial with a
twelve foot wide wrap around verandah. If anyone wants to set *another*
script in the south...

> PS: We have pecans too.

Message has been deleted

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 20, 2003, 5:56:30 PM1/20/03

Okay. Anybody objects to this thread, we'll catgorize it as "set
design" and tell them we got lost. '-)

You're absolutely right about a corals, pinks, the red family doing
great things for how people look. Very flattering to the complexion,
especially to women. And I hate to tell you this part, but yellow
ain't so good... Makes women's complexions look sallow at night time.
But lighting is the critical key. You can do a low wattage light wash
on the wall and get rid of the mustard tones at nightime if you want
to. Halogen is very good. Then use pinkish lightbulbs in the lamps
in the rest of the room to be kind to people's skin tones.

Contrary to popular belief, painting a small room in really really
dark colors can make it look larger than painting it white. My new
study is about half the size of my old one, and I'm dying to paint it
a deep, rich chocolate brown, but I'm leasing... Now, if I could get
a five year lease instead of annual...

When I lived in Fairborn, Ohio (burb of Dayton), the very very small
bedroom (it was a place to live until we found what we wanted) was
painted watermelon red. It was sort of like living with a permanent
sunset. Took four coats of white paint to make it white instead of
pink!

Caroline

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:23:54 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Well, this is outrageously off-topic. I'll bet the macho action-writer
>guys secretly read our decorating posts.
>

>This is long:

>Suzy (I know, I know! but if anyone wants to set a script in the south...)

Steven J. Weller

Jan 20, 2003, 5:56:05 PM1/20/03
wrote:

>I have painted my house yellow! Waaaaay too yellow. My dog sits and

>barks at it. I should never ever be a decorator. It's REALLY yellow!

Of course, you know that dogs are color-blind, right?

--
Life Continues, Despite
Evidence to the Contrary

Steven

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 20, 2003, 6:02:49 PM1/20/03
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:53:08 GMT, Aubrey Brown
<aubrey...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>Where haven't you lived :)
>
>Aubrey
>also allergic to yellow paint

Should I list by state, by country, or by continent? Continent is
easiest... And which ones I've lived on is a shorter list than those
I haven't... I have lived in North America, Europe, and Asia... See?
Not so many places when I put it like that... '-)

Caroline

Message has been deleted

David S

Jan 20, 2003, 6:25:35 PM1/20/03
Buzz Elkins wrote:

> David S <Dav...@aviation-procurement.com> wrote in

> > Nothing, in my opinion, compares with living in the south during
> > spring time. The house outside of town sits in two acres of pine trees
> > which was mainly planted by Mother Nature. So we have a good mix.
> > Behind the pines there is a pecan orchard with over 100 ten year old
> > trees. The farmer has told me that come April 19/20 they will 'bud'
> > all over Georgia. We also have azaleas, but also shrub roses and wild
> > strawberries. Close to the house, the trees are covered in
> > honeysuckle. My farmer neighbour said "I'll burn they offer they
> > pines, if-un you like." I declined his kind offer.
>
> Shrub roses! Yeah.
>
> Okay, I'm gonna brag on the south. Probably gonna get my butt kicked, but
> when we first moved back here from Texas I noticed all these trees getting
> cut down. Worried me. Then read about how Mississippi was only second to
> reforestation in the whole country - next to Georgia! Replant those trees!

When I first came here, I could not believe how big reforestation was
here. And so cheap. A friend of mine has just planted another 20 acres
of pine as his wife has just had another child. In 18 years time they
will have her college fund in full. It only costs $120 per acre to plant
pines.

> All you environmentalists (and I'm one) get your wood from somewhere.
>
> Suzy (okay, kick my butt, but they grow fast in the south)
>
> PS: Had a friend from Texas who said he came here and got scared cause the
> trees grew over the road like in a scary movie.

Whenever we have visitors they all want their pictures taken with the
old trees that are covered in the trailing moss. I think it is part of
the charm of towns like Savannah.

Jeaibe

Jan 20, 2003, 6:57:35 PM1/20/03
>> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:04:51 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have painted my house yellow! Waaaaay too yellow. My dog sits and
>>>barks at it. I should never ever be a decorator. It's REALLY yellow!

Hey Suzy,

Someone I know went to a color therapy lecture. They said that the color
yellow helps to relieve constipation. So it's a good color for the bathroom;-)

Message has been deleted

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 20, 2003, 9:37:20 PM1/20/03
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 22:34:46 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>David S <Dav...@aviation-procurement.com> wrote in
>

>> Nothing, in my opinion, compares with living in the south during
>> spring time. The house outside of town sits in two acres of pine trees
>> which was mainly planted by Mother Nature. So we have a good mix.
>> Behind the pines there is a pecan orchard with over 100 ten year old
>> trees. The farmer has told me that come April 19/20 they will 'bud'
>> all over Georgia. We also have azaleas, but also shrub roses and wild
>> strawberries. Close to the house, the trees are covered in
>> honeysuckle. My farmer neighbour said "I'll burn they offer they
>> pines, if-un you like." I declined his kind offer.
>

>Shrub roses! Yeah.
>
>Okay, I'm gonna brag on the south. Probably gonna get my butt kicked, but
>when we first moved back here from Texas I noticed all these trees getting
>cut down. Worried me. Then read about how Mississippi was only second to
>reforestation in the whole country - next to Georgia! Replant those trees!
>

>All you environmentalists (and I'm one) get your wood from somewhere.
>
>Suzy (okay, kick my butt, but they grow fast in the south)
>
>PS: Had a friend from Texas who said he came here and got scared cause the
>trees grew over the road like in a scary movie.

But Suzy,. they do that in WEST Texas and New Mexico too! Well, they
do until the damned electric company comes and cuts them back.

And between El Paso and Las Cruces (New Mexico), there's a "back road"
(as opposed to the interstate) that goest through Stahman Farms, the
largest pecan grove in the world. You drive for some distance through
this "tunnel" the pecan trees make over the road. In the summertime
when it's 100+++, it's a great drive! Lots and lots of pecan growers
in this area. Pistachio too.big Big BIG ones...!

Caroline

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 20, 2003, 9:41:54 PM1/20/03
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:08:42 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>"Steven J. Weller" <az...@lafn.org> wrote in news:az941-
>1EF127.145...@zook.lafn.org:

>> On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 03:04:51 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>I have painted my house yellow! Waaaaay too yellow. My dog sits and
>>>barks at it. I should never ever be a decorator. It's REALLY yellow!
>>
>> Of course, you know that dogs are color-blind, right?
>>

>Steven, you're so damn smart and logical. Pooh!
>
>My dog can see colors! I just know it. Why else would he bark?
>
>Suzy (What is the test for seeing colors? Now Lassie, go to the green
>door.")

I don't know if dogs are really truly color blind or not, but my
standard poodle would bring me the red ball when I told her to, and it
and the green ball were formed exactly alike, so it wasn't that one
was different than the other in any way except color.

Oh... If I told her to bring the green one, she did that too.

Caroline
Why do people think they know dogs are color blind when they've never
been a dog?

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 20, 2003, 9:43:55 PM1/20/03
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 00:03:46 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>jea...@aol.com (Jeaibe) wrote in

>Yay! But what does this mean? Am I in trouble?

Not if you keep lots of rolls of toilet paper scattered around the
room... '-)

ENTERTAIN ON THE PATIO...!

Message has been deleted

Otto Mation (Caroline Freisen)

Jan 22, 2003, 4:49:41 AM1/22/03
On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 04:11:13 GMT, Buzz Elkins <bzel...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>Well, that's good to hear! I had a crop-dusting friend from Lubbock who
>grew up on a ranch. Said every day his dad would get up and stand out on
>his front porch studying the ground with his shotgun. If he saw a seedling
>comin' up he'd blow it away! I always thought he was pulling my leg, or
>maybe he just liked that wide-open sky. "Cut a hole in the back fence and
>let the cattle roam. There ain't nothin' like a great big sky to make a
>man feel at home."
>

>Suzy (lost in the subtropical jungle)

Unfortunately, it's probably true! When my son was still a junior
cyclist, I hauled him and three or four other juniors to San Antonio
for District (state) Championships. Couldn't leave before they all
got out of school, and San Antonio is a "far piece." I drove all
night while they slept. About two thirty in the morning there was a
stirring... One of them had awakened, looked out the window and saw
trees that were growing wild! He woke up the other kids to look at
them. First time most of them had seen trees out in open country not
planted by man!

Caroline
When Europeans reached El Paso, they deforested the Franklin Mountains
to build the "city." When they got here, the mountains were covered
with pine and this was a savannah. Now the mountains are giant rock
formations and the land is desert. And there isn't even a buffalo in
the zoo! Don't talk to me about "home, home on the range!"