New East Topeka, KS Turnpike Exits Open Today

KC's RoadGeek - Ben Prusia

Aug 1, 2001, 5:37:53 PM8/1/01
At 10:50 this morning, the new Kansas Turnpike east Topeka interchange (exit
for I-70/US-40/K-4) opened to westbound traffic. At 11:00 this morning,
eastbound traffic was allowed onto the new road. The old Kansas Turnpike
tollbooths at Exit 182 will soon be history.

This opening today now finishes the K-4 freeway loop at East Topeka. I have
pictures of the first cars on each direction, and views from the Rice Road
overpass, and the Techsumech (?) overpass.

I'll put these pictures up soon at KCRoadGeek!
--
Visit KCRoadGeek!

http://www.kcroads.com

This message by: