PING: SE Louisiana types or those within range of New Orleans

Froggie

Jul 14, 2008, 11:37:55 PM7/14/08
Pinging Anthony Kennerson, Andy Jung, and "Darkangel" in particular,
but also anyone else within a day's drive of New Orleans.

Gauging interest in a NOLA meet, or at least a gathering of some sort,
sometime between mid August and mid September. I'm due to transfer
out of Mississippi on or around September 9th, so it'd have to be
before that. If it's a meet, there's various things to check out
including the bridges, I-10 construction, the new LA 3213 extension,
and a bunch of abandoned road infrastructure. If it's just a
gathering, there's scores of restaurants to choose from (some of my
favorites being in Slidell).

Based on my current and expected schedule, my available Saturdays are
8/23, 8/30, or 9/6.

If there's interest, either reply here or shoot me an E-mail.

Froggie | Picayune, MS | http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/

Darkangel de la Louisiane

Jul 15, 2008, 4:13:40 AM7/15/08

I'd be up for it, and this much time in advance will help me keep
those weekends as open as possible. As if I need an excuse to be out
and about...

(If this ends up being on the Southshore for some reason, though, my
car is still dead. Will be trickier, but I'm still interested in being
there.)

cal...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2008, 4:51:06 AM7/15/08
On Jul 14, 8:37 pm, Froggie <frog...@mississippi.net> wrote:

The American military is designed for those who barely passed high
school and need a written manual to get direction in life. By doing
so, they hope they can impress a fat chick and impregnate her while
engaging in a pointless war in Iraq and thinking they're "a hero" in
doing so.

John A. Weeks III

Jul 15, 2008, 8:04:36 AM7/15/08
In article
<63e086a5-1344-4c39...@z72g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
cal...@gmail.com wrote:

> The American military is designed for those who barely passed high
> school and need a written manual to get direction in life. By doing
> so, they hope they can impress a fat chick and impregnate her while
> engaging in a pointless war in Iraq and thinking they're "a hero" in
> doing so.

This morning, our founding fathers are turning over in their
graves as the reflect on how many millions have died in battle
to secure your right to say something that stupid.

-john-

John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            jo...@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications                         http://www.johnweeks.com

H.B. Elkins

Jul 15, 2008, 8:43:44 AM7/15/08
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:37:55 -0700 (PDT), Froggie wrote:

>Based on my current and expected schedule, my available Saturdays are
>8/23, 8/30, or 9/6.
>
>If there's interest, either reply here or shoot me an E-mail.

Might be a chance for me to visit a new state and collect counties.

If I could make it -- big if -- 9/6 is out of the question. That's right smack
dab in the week between our anniversary and my wife's birthday.

Put me down as a definite "maybe," to quote the Kinks from one of their 80's
songs, the title of which I've forgotten.

--
To reply by e-mail, remove the "restrictor plate"

Adam Prince

Jul 15, 2008, 12:39:41 PM7/15/08

The 30th with Labor Day weekend would work well for a mini-vacation
for me.

Adam Prince

Jul 15, 2008, 12:48:23 PM7/15/08

Now Carl, that doesn't sound like a very enlightened, cultured, or
even worldly response to Froggie. I mean after all someone that is
'Worldwide' could offer his dis-respect to those in the American
Services in a much more intellectual manner. Which of course, we all
know you that you love to show us how much you are.

So again, if Froggie does have this meet, why not come to it. You can
go to the meet and either during, before or after, we can have a
debate, a forum, a discussion or what have you on your views of this
hobby and mine if not others. (Things you have shown interest in
doing in the past.) Think of this as finally an opportunity to have
the highly intellectual discussion of road or as you say "viatology"
that you have so longed for.

It could be in the format of 'Firing Line' that William F. Buckley
used to host, where you and myself could debate and discuss this hobby
in front of an audience. Or something similar.

Again, I'll pay your airfare to go. We could videotape it for the
hobby to see. Heck, since you were once for capitalism (and
apparently you aren't anymore), we could charge a small fee to
attend. It could go to the Pancreatic Cancer Charity you support, or
you can pocket it.

Again, like with the North Carolina Meet in May. I eagerly await your
response.

Odo

Jul 15, 2008, 1:55:51 PM7/15/08
My dear Darkangel:

I'm sure one of these stalwart roadwarriors would be more than happy
to offer you a ride.

On Jul 15, 3:13 am, Darkangel de la Louisiane <helli...@gmail.com>

geowes...@yahoo.com

Jul 15, 2008, 4:19:28 PM7/15/08

You know, I was thinking just this morning about how a SELA roadmeet
would be cool to do. A fortituous coincidence.

Besides the aforementioned, there is the new US 90 Rigolets bridge,
the Fremaux interchange (how's that coming?), the 1930s vintage
section of Old Gentilly Road, and other stuff.

I would be game, any Saturday is fine.

necromancer

Jul 15, 2008, 5:53:34 PM7/15/08
On Jul 15, 4:51 am, cal...@gmail.com wrote:

> The American military is designed for those who barely passed high
> school and need a written manual to get direction in life. By doing
> so, they hope they can impress a fat chick and impregnate her while
> engaging in a pointless war in Iraq and thinking they're "a hero" in
> doing so.

</OSTT> - This crack just demands a reply

Hey, asshole: regardless of my opinions of the administration and the
war in Iraq or why we are there, those soldiers over there are doing a
hell of alot more than you are doing with your little buddy there in
SF.

SO while I may disagree with why they are there, those soldiers who
are over there putting their lives on the line and kicking ass and
taking names while we sit over here on our asses are *all* heroes as
far as I am concerned.

And believe me, those guys over there are more qualified for
*anything* that you could ever hope to be.

If you don't like it, tough shit!

--
I am necromancer and I approved this poast.

necromancer

Jul 15, 2008, 5:56:08 PM7/15/08
On Jul 15, 8:04 am, "John A. Weeks III" <j...@johnweeks.com> wrote:

<< snip >>

> This morning, our founding fathers are turning over in their
> graves as the reflect on how many millions have died in battle
> to secure your right to say something that stupid.

I don't think they are turning over in their graves. Calrog having the
right to make the statement he did is better than the alternative...

abda53

Jul 16, 2008, 1:09:40 AM7/16/08

You are so gay. lol

Adam Prince

Jul 16, 2008, 9:18:48 PM7/16/08

Erik,

Thanks for your response. You would be more than welcomed to attend
this open forum with Carl and myself. Now, I would cede that you know
more about HTML and what not, after all I and many others are not in
the IT and webdesign field.

But what I would love to discuss, is your view of the hobby...and your
on again off again on again involvement with it. I mean you said a
few months ago and I quote, "I laugh at all of you.. who the fuck has
a hobby of highway shields
and freeways." and just recently you contributed photo(s) to Carl's
web project.

Did you have a change of heart? Feel free to explain.

Specifically in regards to your reply, "You are so gay. lol" If I
was, which I am not, there's an old adage - "It takes one to know
one." So...what does that say about yourself?

Darkangel de la Louisiane

Jul 16, 2008, 9:58:47 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 8:18 pm, Adam Prince <aprinc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 1:09 am, abda53 <abd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > You are so gay. lol
>
> Specifically in regards to your reply, "You are so gay. lol"  If I
> was, which I am not, there's an old adage - "It takes one to know
> one."  So...what does that say about yourself?

You know, maybe he meant to quote me? I mean, I admit it... I *like*
girls. :P

...But seriously, what does an epithet meant to diminish one's
masculinity have to do with a SELA/NOLA roadmeet?

--
Now with 206% more ranting and half the calories!
http://hellion0.blogspot.com

Adam Prince

Jul 16, 2008, 10:06:55 PM7/16/08
On Jul 16, 9:58 pm, Darkangel de la Louisiane <helli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Jul 16, 8:18 pm, Adam Prince <aprinc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 16, 1:09 am, abda53 <abd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > You are so gay. lol
>
> > Specifically in regards to your reply, "You are so gay. lol" If I
> > was, which I am not, there's an old adage - "It takes one to know
> > one." So...what does that say about yourself?
>
> You know, maybe he meant to quote me? I mean, I admit it... I *like*
> girls. :P
>
> ...But seriously, what does an epithet meant to diminish one's
> masculinity have to do with a SELA/NOLA roadmeet?

Absolutely nothing...As for my responses, I think offering them the
opportunity to show how superior they are intellectually over the
unwashed masses in the arena of ideas would be a very interesting
discussion.

Otto Yamamoto

Jul 16, 2008, 10:13:30 PM7/16/08
Darkangel de la Louisiane wrote:

> You know, maybe he meant to quote me? I mean, I admit it... I like
> girls.

Oh, the irony. You just made my night.

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com

Otto Yamamoto

Jul 16, 2008, 11:24:58 PM7/16/08
Adam Prince wrote:

Dude, If CalBoggio says he'll show up, I'll have to hop a freight down. We
could have a Celebrity Death Match. I'm sure the South Bank Skins crew
would be happy to have a discussion w/him regarding his views on the
military.