More North Carolina and some Tennessee updates

1 view

Adam Prince

Jan 6, 2008, 8:54:56 PM1/6/08
Warning - If you are a sign geek, you're not gonna be pleased with me
on this update. However, for old bridges and daytrips, you may be
right at home.

New Material at All Things NC!
http://www.gribblenation.com/ncpics/

First, two new bridges at Carolina Lost:
Former Stokes County Bridge No. 197 & the NC Vietnam Veterans Memorial
-
http://www.gribblenation.com/nclost/bridges/197.html

Within the hobby, the reversed lanes of I-85 is more noticed, but at
the rest area is an over a century old Pratt Pony Truss bridge and a
somber memorial to those that were lost during the Vietnam Conflict.

Old Hardin Road Bridge over the South Fork River - Gaston County -
http://www.gribblenation.com/nclost/bridges/hardin.html

This truss bridge has been abandoned for over 40 years, and it's
condition shows it.

Carolina Lost - The Buildings:
Abandoned US 70 East Weigh Station in Hillsborough (from Lyndon
Young):
http://www.gribblenation.com/nclost/buildings/us70weigh.html

A glimpse of the time when US 70 was the main route from Durham to
Greensboro and not I-85.

NC Destinations:
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park:
http://www.geocities.com/big0tsunshine/cliffs/index.html

Photos from a hiking trip to this State Park outside of Goldsboro.

Averasboro & Bentonville Battleground Day Trip:
http://www.geocities.com/big0tsunshine/bentonville/index.html

A day trip touring the last two major battles of Sherman's Carolinas
Campaign

I added one photo to my personal sign gallery collection.
http://www.gribblenation.com/ncpics/various/varied.html#shields

North Carolina State Highway Ends:
http://www.state-ends.com/ncends/state/

The Southern Terminus of NC 305 (Joseph White) and a new photo to the
North End of NC 80.

Now for Tennessee:

I-26 Overlooks:
http://www.gribblenation.com/tnpics/i-26/

Two photos from my trip this past August from the Sam's Gap Overlook
near the NC/TN Line.

Tennessee Sign Gallery:
http://www.gribblenation.com/tnpics/gallery/

Four photos from the Chattanooga area taken by Steve Williams. Look
carefully, and you'll see a legitimate mention of one of those
dastardly 'Federal Routes' in this update.

There's still more NC to come..although I may add some GA stuff in
time for this Saturday's Atlanta Winter Road Meet.

Enjoy!

Adam

Froggie

Jan 6, 2008, 9:57:38 PM1/6/08
> On Jan 6, 7:54 pm, Adam Prince <aprinc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tennessee Sign Gallery:http://www.gribblenation.com/tnpics/gallery/
>
> Four photos from the Chattanooga area taken by Steve Williams. Look
> carefully, and you'll see a legitimate mention of one of those
> dastardly 'Federal Routes' in this update.

Something new: the US 127 to SB US 27 ramp was widened to 2 lanes.

Not so new: the error "END US 127" shield remains. US 127 officially
ends in downtown Chattanooga.

Not that I'm surprised...Tennessee has abysmal route signage within
its cities. Makes those "90-some Virginia sign errors" look small
townish.

Froggie | Picayune, MS | http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/