a couple Nebraska questions

1 view

Yakra

Jan 13, 2010, 8:17:55 PM1/13/10
Item I:
Take a look at US275 & NE36 in GMSV... The exit BGSes on 275 have NE36
markers, but the signs on the surface road at the jct and at old 275
are all for NE34.
Am I missing something? Has there been some monkeying with the
designations in that area, such as with 66 & 63 a few years back?
Or is it just a sign error that got repeated several times?

...I guess I'd have to assume it's an error, as NE34 would duplicate
US34 which is elsewhere in the state.

Item II:
NE2 Business in Grand Island... Westbound, it splits from NE2 @ Locust
St and travels north. It appears to take a left onto US30 (GMSV is a
little fuzzy here) then take a right onto Broadwell to eventually
connect back to NE2 at the US281 interchange. (Though I can't really
find any signage between State St & US30...)
Is this assessment correct?

DandyDan

Jan 14, 2010, 7:59:29 AM1/14/10

Item I:
I tried looking at GMSV and I don't see how you see it as NE 34.
Assuming you are correct, that is a sign error.

Item II:
It's been awhile since I went through Grand Island (as opposed to
taking I-80), but I thought there was an overlap there. It's also
possible it follows Walnut NW to State to Broadwell.

Larry Sheldon

Jan 14, 2010, 11:29:48 AM1/14/10
On 1/14/2010 6:59 AM, DandyDan wrote:
> On Jan 13, 7:17�pm, Yakra<ericdbry...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Item I:
>> Take a look at US275& NE36 in GMSV... The exit BGSes on 275 have NE36

>> markers, but the signs on the surface road at the jct and at old 275
>> are all for NE34.
>> Am I missing something? Has there been some monkeying with the
>> designations in that area, such as with 66& 63 a few years back?

>> Or is it just a sign error that got repeated several times?
>>
>> ...I guess I'd have to assume it's an error, as NE34 would duplicate
>> US34 which is elsewhere in the state.

> Item I:

> I tried looking at GMSV and I don't see how you see it as NE 34.
> Assuming you are correct, that is a sign error.

We have talked about that intersection before here at some length.
Seems like I stopped by there and looked, but I'm not sure.

I don't remember what our findings were last time.

--
"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to
take everything you have."

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs, the Titanic by professionals.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information: http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs
http://tinyurl.com/7tp8ml

Larry Sheldon

Jan 14, 2010, 11:38:03 AM1/14/10
On 1/14/2010 10:29 AM, Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 1/14/2010 6:59 AM, DandyDan wrote:
>> On Jan 13, 7:17�pm, Yakra<ericdbry...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Item I:
>>> Take a look at US275& NE36 in GMSV... The exit BGSes on 275 have NE36
>>> markers, but the signs on the surface road at the jct and at old 275
>>> are all for NE34.
>>> Am I missing something? Has there been some monkeying with the
>>> designations in that area, such as with 66& 63 a few years back?
>>> Or is it just a sign error that got repeated several times?
>>>
>>> ...I guess I'd have to assume it's an error, as NE34 would duplicate
>>> US34 which is elsewhere in the state.
>
>> Item I:
>> I tried looking at GMSV and I don't see how you see it as NE 34.
>> Assuming you are correct, that is a sign error.
>
> We have talked about that intersection before here at some length. Seems
> like I stopped by there and looked, but I'm not sure.
>
> I don't remember what our findings were last time.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Highway+36&sll=41.370631,-96.420742&sspn=0.001574,0.003484&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=zi&radius=0.09&hq=Highway+36&hnear=&ll=41.370183,-96.420404&spn=0,359.996516&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=41.370318,-96.420532&panoid=0UX5y6qnrTID3jkx_lPQ8A&cbp=12,14.13,,1,5
#

AKA http://tinyurl.com/yzhp49c

Shows a sign that made me say "by golly he is right--it does say 34.

But the more my elderly eyes and my mouse diddling worked on it the more
I decided, "no, it really does say "6", not "4".

Yakra

Jan 14, 2010, 8:01:40 PM1/14/10
> AKAhttp://tinyurl.com/yzhp49c

> Shows a sign that made me say "by golly he is right--it does say 34.
>
> But the more my elderly eyes and my mouse diddling worked on it the more
> I decided, "no, it really does say "6", not "4".

Having a look at GMSV again, I think you're right. I just see a blurry
'6' now.

Larry Sheldon

Jan 15, 2010, 3:11:06 AM1/15/10

Makes you wish the font experts would speak up, doesn't it?

I don't remember ever confusing a "6" for a "4" before.