2009 Iowa map online

Jeff Morrison

Mar 4, 2009, 6:52:02 PM3/4/09
About a week and a half later than 2008: http://www.iowadotmaps.com/msp/pdf/transmap.html

The biggest change: They numbered interchanges on non-interstate
highways! At least, where there's space. The layout looks a little
haphazard, though, because some of the interchange numbers are written
out horizontally instead of all-vertical like the interstates (giving
the visual image of a vertical mile marker).

Smaller changes: Fairfield and Bigelow bypasses are now marked, plus a
new interchange on the US 61 bypass of Muscatine.

revi...@gmail.com

Mar 4, 2009, 8:43:14 PM3/4/09

They finished the new interchange on US 218 between IA 92 and IA 22
(Exit 70)? Hadn't seen anything about it in the past few months.

richard

Mar 4, 2009, 8:49:01 PM3/4/09

There are several US highways in IOWA with numbered interchanges in
accordance with the mile marker.
Been there for years.

Froggie

Mar 4, 2009, 9:10:34 PM3/4/09
> On Mar 4, 8:49 pm, richard <mem...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:52:02 -0800 (PST), Jeff Morrison
> >
> > About a week and a half later than 2008:http://www.iowadotmaps.com/msp/pdf/transmap.html
> >
> > The biggest change: They numbered interchanges on non-interstate
> > highways! At least, where there's space. The layout looks a little
> > haphazard, though, because some of the interchange numbers are written
> > out horizontally instead of all-vertical like the interstates (giving
> > the visual image of a vertical mile marker).
> >
> > Smaller changes: Fairfield and Bigelow bypasses are now marked, plus a
> > new interchange on the US 61 bypass of Muscatine.
>
> There are several US highways in IOWA with numbered interchanges in
> accordance with the mile marker.
> Been there for years.

Yes they've existed. And that's been common knowledge.

But did you stop to consider that they were not included on the state
highway map before this year? *THAT'S* what Jeff posted about.

Froggie | Alexandria, VA | http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/

DandyDan

Mar 5, 2009, 3:46:51 AM3/5/09
On Mar 4, 5:52�pm, Jeff Morrison <jeffmorri...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just curious, how soon is it til you can get the paper map?

Bill B.

Mar 5, 2009, 4:50:06 PM3/5/09

IA 60 is shown as four lanes from Sibley to and including the Bigelow,
MN bypass

j.ha...@mchsi.com

Mar 14, 2009, 10:44:53 PM3/14/09
On Mar 4, 8:43 pm, revive...@gmail.com wrote:

> They finished the new interchange on US 218 between IA 92 and IA 22
> (Exit 70)?  Hadn't seen anything about it in the past few months.

It wasn't open when I was last in the area on Christmas Eve but it's
probably going to open sometime this spring. The DOT usually jumps the
gun on spring/early summer openings so that they are on the map in
time for the summer driving season.

--Jason
<http://www.iowahighways.org>