PA Road Photos and More Updates

Adam Prince

Aug 20, 2006, 4:52:39 PM8/20/06
This summer's PA Road Photos & More update has plenty of goodies.

http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/

First, it is my pleasure to showcase over 80 PA Keystone Town Markers from
the collection of Fred Yenerall.

http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/keystone/yenerall/index.html

The Late Mr. Yenerall spent three decades traveling throughout the
Commonwealth photographing barns, historic buildings, covered bridges,
various events and even Mail Pouch Tobacco bard ads. He also included in
his work PA Keystone Town Markers. His work totals over 30,000 35mm slides
that his granddaughter, Judy Thomas, is in the process of digitally
restoring. It is a great addition to PA Road Photos and More.

In addition, some of Mr. Yenerall's photos have been added to the Classic PA
Road Photos Page, and the Vintage PA Turnpike Photo Collection.

http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/vintage/index.html
http://www.gribbelnation.com/breezewood/vintage.html

PA State Route Ends: http://www.state-ends.com/paends/state/index.html

13 routes, including the ends of newly signed PA 290, have been updated.
The Bees return and show official proof of the South End of PA 28, but now
the question is, where does PA 28 North actually begin? PA 148 Truck has
been signed again, and a lot more. Many thanks to the Bees, Jeff Kitsko,
David Brunot, Charles Slater, Chris Daub and Mike Searfass. And even
myself!

New Page: PA 290
Updated: PA 28, 64, 148, 201, 215, 226, 248, 272, 445, 568, 764 and 906.

PA Keystone Town Markers: http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/keystone/

33 photos from Kurt Heidel, Doug Kerr, Jeff Klugh, and David Slauenwhite.

PA Submitted Signs: http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/pasubs/

More PA 290 shields, compare a new I-81 guide sign with the button copy
original, a PA Byway shield, and an old leftover in Erie County among
others.

Eight photos in total from The Bees, David Brunot, Doug Kerr, Chris Curley,
and John Krakoff

Personal Road Sign Gallery:
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/various/various1.html

So I sneak two photos from October 2003.

Many thanks to all the contributors for their photos and information!

Next up a FL/GA/TN/AL combo and then South Carolina.

Enjoy!

Adam