PA Road Photos and More Update (Part 1)

Adam Prince

Apr 16, 2007, 11:14:25 PM4/16/07
Well...Randy Hersch is kinda right...this update is full of my ownself (well
kinda)...Trent Legg will claim I copied or stole Pennsylvania ideas from
him, Carl Rogers will come up with well...who knows what he'll do.

but I've caught up with about 18 months of PA photos of my own (hence why
this update is so full of myself) in the first round of the PA Road Photos
of More..and there's definitely more than just one photo.

http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/

First, a few new features from Northeastern PA.

The Tunkhannock Rail Viaduct:
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/tunkhannnock.html

This 90-plus engineering marvel can be seen along US 11 north of Scranton.
When completed in 1915, some called the 2375 foot long concrete arch bridge,
"The Eighth Wonder of the World."

Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct -
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/roebling.html

The oldest surviving suspension bridge in the US. The Roebling Aqueduct has
a very colorful history...check out the photos I took when C.C. Slater and I
checked it out last October.

Covered Bridges - Photos taken from the State College, PA meet in May 2005.

Snyder County - Aline Bridge:
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/covdbrdg/snyder/aline.html

Sullivan County - Sonestown Bridge:
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/covdbrdg/sullivan/sonestown.html

The National Road -
http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd.html

A new photo from along the old highway in Centerville on the Brownsville to
Washington Page:
http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd/washington.html

A pair of new photos on the soon to be resurrected US 40 Freeway in
Brownsville page:
http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd/brownsville/40.html

PA TPK 576/Findlay Connector:
http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/576/findlay.html

Nine new photos from myself and Jeff Kitsko of the recently opened toll
road.

Personal sign gallery:
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/various/various1.html

Eight new photos.

Keystone Town Marker Collection -
http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/keystone/

Eight keystones I've taken over the past 18 months. Greenwood Nursery,
Liverpool, Penns Creek, Hartleton, Wright's View, Monroeton, Milford, and
Lickdale.

PA Ends: http://www.state-ends.com/paends/state/index.html

A new page for PA TPK 576 with photos from myself and Jason Reighard. Also
new photos for PA 519 and 590.

So yes this update is full of (photos taken by) myself. Still a lot of PA to
come...including more ends, keystones, and signs. But also the Kinzua Rail
Bridge, a bunch of old PA Turnpike Postcards, and who knows what else.

Enjoy!

Adam

k_f...@lycos.com

Apr 16, 2007, 11:24:19 PM4/16/07
On Apr 16, 9:14 pm, "Adam Prince" <aprince...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Well...Randy Hersch is kinda right...this update is full of my ownself (well
> kinda)...Trent Legg will claim I copied or stole Pennsylvania ideas from
> him, Carl Rogers will come up with well...who knows what he'll do.
>
> but I've caught up with about 18 months of PA photos of my own (hence why
> this update is so full of myself) in the first round of the PA Road Photos
> of More..and there's definitely more than just one photo.
>
> http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/
>
> First, a few new features from Northeastern PA.
>
> The Tunkhannock Rail Viaduct:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/tunkhannnock.html
>
> This 90-plus engineering marvel can be seen along US 11 north of Scranton.
> When completed in 1915, some called the 2375 foot long concrete arch bridge,
> "The Eighth Wonder of the World."
>
> Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct -http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/roebling.html

> The oldest surviving suspension bridge in the US. The Roebling Aqueduct has
> a very colorful history...check out the photos I took when C.C. Slater and I
> checked it out last October.
>
> Covered Bridges - Photos taken from the State College, PA meet in May 2005.
>
> Snyder County - Aline Bridge:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/covdbrdg/snyder/aline.html
>
> Sullivan County - Sonestown Bridge:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/covdbrdg/sullivan/sonestown.html
>
> The National Road -http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd.html

> A new photo from along the old highway in Centerville on the Brownsville to
> Washington Page:http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd/washington.html
>
> A pair of new photos on the soon to be resurrected US 40 Freeway in
> Brownsville page:http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd/brownsville/...

> PA TPK 576/Findlay Connector:http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/576/findlay.html
>
> Nine new photos from myself and Jeff Kitsko of the recently opened toll
> road.
>
> Personal sign gallery:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/various/various1.html
>
> Eight new photos.
>
> Keystone Town Marker Collection -http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/keystone/

> Eight keystones I've taken over the past 18 months. Greenwood Nursery,
> Liverpool, Penns Creek, Hartleton, Wright's View, Monroeton, Milford, and
> Lickdale.
>
> PA Ends:http://www.state-ends.com/paends/state/index.html
>
> A new page for PA TPK 576 with photos from myself and Jason Reighard. Also
> new photos for PA 519 and 590.
>
> So yes this update is full of (photos taken by) myself. Still a lot of PA to
> come...including more ends, keystones, and signs. But also the Kinzua Rail
> Bridge, a bunch of old PA Turnpike Postcards, and who knows what else.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Adam

Did Roebling's work crews avail themselves of the nearby ATM? I like
the juxtaposition of old and new.

http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/roebling4.jpg

Adam Prince

Apr 16, 2007, 11:30:47 PM4/16/07

<k_f...@lycos.com> wrote in message

> Did Roebling's work crews avail themselves of the nearby ATM? I like
> the juxtaposition of old and new.
>
> http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/roebling4.jpg

Good eye, I didn't even catch that.

Premier Bush

Apr 16, 2007, 11:37:45 PM4/16/07
Adam Prince wrote:
> Well...Randy Hersch is kinda right...this update is full of my
> ownself (well kinda)...Trent Legg will claim I copied or stole
> Pennsylvania ideas from him, Carl Rogers will come up with well...who
> knows what he'll do.

Adam,

You mean you're not going to mention me or Tim, Adam? I'm disappointed in
you, Adam.

Adam Prince

Apr 16, 2007, 11:48:33 PM4/16/07

Sorry Jeremy, I didn't see a need.

But I'll make ya a deal...I'll mention you in the next one how's
that ...:-p

Steve A.

Apr 17, 2007, 4:28:40 PM4/17/07
On Apr 16, 11:37 pm, "Premier Bush" <watuziNOS...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm also pissed, I usually get a site mention for free.

Douglas Kerr

Apr 17, 2007, 5:10:28 PM4/17/07

And depending on who you ask, I am supposed to or not supposed to
start my own independent domain. Little does He know...

rsh...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2007, 10:09:02 PM4/18/07
On Apr 16, 11:14 pm, "Adam Prince" <aprince...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> Well...Randy Hersch is kinda right...this update is full of my ownself (well
> kinda)...Trent Legg will claim I copied or stole Pennsylvania ideas from
> him, Carl Rogers will come up with well...who knows what he'll do.
>
> but I've caught up with about 18 months of PA photos of my own (hence why
> this update is so full of myself) in the first round of the PA Road Photos
> of More..and there's definitely more than just one photo.
>
> http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/
>
> First, a few new features from Northeastern PA.
>
> The Tunkhannock Rail Viaduct:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/tunkhannnock.html
>
> This 90-plus engineering marvel can be seen along US 11 north of Scranton.
> When completed in 1915, some called the 2375 foot long concrete arch bridge,
> "The Eighth Wonder of the World."
>
> Roebling's Delaware Aqueduct -http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/eng/roebling.html

> The oldest surviving suspension bridge in the US. The Roebling Aqueduct has
> a very colorful history...check out the photos I took when C.C. Slater and I
> checked it out last October.
>
> Covered Bridges - Photos taken from the State College, PA meet in May 2005.
>
> Snyder County - Aline Bridge:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/covdbrdg/snyder/aline.html
>
> Sullivan County - Sonestown Bridge:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/covdbrdg/sullivan/sonestown.html
>
> The National Road -http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd.html

> A new photo from along the old highway in Centerville on the Brownsville to
> Washington Page:http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd/washington.html
>
> A pair of new photos on the soon to be resurrected US 40 Freeway in
> Brownsville page:http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/essays/nationalrd/brownsville/...

> PA TPK 576/Findlay Connector:http://www.gribblenation.com/swparoads/576/findlay.html
>
> Nine new photos from myself and Jeff Kitsko of the recently opened toll
> road.
>
> Personal sign gallery:http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/various/various1.html
>
> Eight new photos.
>
> Keystone Town Marker Collection -http://www.gribblenation.com/papics/keystone/

> Eight keystones I've taken over the past 18 months. Greenwood Nursery,
> Liverpool, Penns Creek, Hartleton, Wright's View, Monroeton, Milford, and
> Lickdale.
>
> PA Ends:http://www.state-ends.com/paends/state/index.html
>
> A new page for PA TPK 576 with photos from myself and Jason Reighard. Also
> new photos for PA 519 and 590.
>
> So yes this update is full of (photos taken by) myself. Still a lot of PA to
> come...including more ends, keystones, and signs. But also the Kinzua Rail
> Bridge, a bunch of old PA Turnpike Postcards, and who knows what else.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Adam

Aren't we lucky to have you around, how would we ever manage? And
Adam took all of those pics himself. And he was sure to let us know.
You must be so proud. I am so happy for you. We would never ever be
able to see those wonderous sights without your wonderous pics, and
the commentary, oh my.

To quote the Comrade, the pissing contest continues. Whenever you
want it to stop, or if you ever do, just be sure to let me know. Only
someone who has a super inflated ego, would keep this going, so I
imagine you will.

BTW, when you get to Hawaii, or CA for that matter, I am sure you will
let us all know. Only way that will happen is if your company pays
for it.

Bye for now, Randy in S Dade, FL

Adam Prince

Apr 18, 2007, 10:21:33 PM4/18/07

"pigst...@yahoo.com" <rsh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Aren't we lucky to have you around, how would we ever manage? And
> Adam took all of those pics himself. And he was sure to let us know.
> You must be so proud. I am so happy for you. We would never ever be
> able to see those wonderous sights without your wonderous pics, and
> the commentary, oh my.
>
> To quote the Comrade, the pissing contest continues. Whenever you
> want it to stop, or if you ever do, just be sure to let me know. Only
> someone who has a super inflated ego, would keep this going, so I
> imagine you will.

*yawns* Give it up Randy.

rsh...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2007, 10:21:38 PM4/18/07
On Apr 18, 10:21 pm, "Adam Prince" <aprince...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> "pigsty1...@yahoo.com" <rshe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

And the pissing contest continues...

Later, Randy

Sherman L. Cahal

Apr 18, 2007, 10:42:30 PM4/18/07

Do you ever give up? Adam posted updates to his web-site; I see you
contributing very little to the collective, or to this newsgroup (see
your last posts, they were entirely not transportation-related).

rsh...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2007, 10:51:23 PM4/18/07
On Apr 18, 10:42 pm, "Sherman L. Cahal" <shermanca...@gmail.com>

Ah, another internet enforcer. Thank you for your 2c Sherman. So it
is required you have a website? Nothing can ever be posted that is
ot? What, may I ask are you trying to accomplish now? Adam digs at
me to feed is super inflated ego, and I will dig right back. It ends
when it ends.

Take care, Randy

Comrade Otto Yamamoto

Apr 18, 2007, 11:06:05 PM4/18/07
pigst...@yahoo.com wrote:

Well you have these sign drawings. Are they good? Do they show things that
people have never seen or cannot see anymore? We'll never know, will we?
That could be a constructive use of yr time.

What the hell is the constructive aspect of this pissing contest? You think
yr gonna convert Adam to liberalism by brute force? Or are you just jumping
on a bandwaggon for acceptance? Leave the random abuse to me. I do it a lot
more entertainingly, and i don't play favourites.

--
Comrade Otto Yamamoto
http://mryamamoto.50megs.com