Alabama Photo Gallery Update

Adam Prince

Nov 12, 2006, 9:03:28 PM11/12/06
54 new photos from John Krakoff have been added to the Alabama Road Photo
Gallery at Gribblenation.com.

http://www.gribblenation.com/alpics/gallery/

Mainly from along the I-20 and I-85 corridors. Button copy fans will like
this update, and also be sure to check out the 1974 I-65 shield in
Montgomery along with an I-20 shield in Oxford that probably would feel more
at home in New England or Montana.

Many thanks to John...and now to Florida.

My Land of Misery

Nov 13, 2006, 10:20:50 AM11/13/06

Nice shots. I think I figured out your photography secret...let
someone else do the dirty work for you. Not that it's a problem; I
have a few from David Herman and David Backlin on my site as well (with
a few from Rich Piehl on the way). Collaboration is an outstanding
tool.

Keep up the good work.

G.R. Van | http://www.mylandofmisery.com/roads/

fro...@mississippi.net

Nov 13, 2006, 2:49:49 PM11/13/06
> My Land of Misery wrote:
>
> Nice shots. I think I figured out your photography secret...let
> someone else do the dirty work for you. Not that it's a problem; I
> have a few from David Herman and David Backlin on my site as well (with
> a few from Rich Piehl on the way). Collaboration is an outstanding
> tool.

It's not so much a case of someone else doing the dirty work. Adam
takes numerous photos of his own, as do I and other photographers.

Collaboration is part of it...but that stems from a case of
gribblenation becoming a popular site, and so people will send in
submissions. I get occasional submissions myself.

Froggie | Underway onboard USS Normandy (CG-60) |
http://www.ajfroggie.com/roads/

Adam Prince

Nov 13, 2006, 3:11:37 PM11/13/06

On Nov 13, 10:20 am, "My Land of Misery" <g...@netzero.net> wrote:
> Adam Prince wrote:
> > 54 new photos from John Krakoff have been added to the Alabama Road Photo
> > Gallery at Gribblenation.com.
>
> >http://www.gribblenation.com/alpics/gallery/
>
> > Mainly from along the I-20 and I-85 corridors. Button copy fans will like
> > this update, and also be sure to check out the 1974 I-65 shield in
> > Montgomery along with an I-20 shield in Oxford that probably would feel more
> > at home in New England or Montana.
>

> > Many thanks to John...and now to Florida.Nice shots.

> I think I figured out your photography secret...let
> someone else do the dirty work for you. Not that it's a problem; I
> have a few from David Herman and David Backlin on my site as well (with
> a few from Rich Piehl on the way). Collaboration is an outstanding
> tool.
>
> Keep up the good work.

Thanks, however like froggie said, it's more the result of having the
site grow over time. When I started this mess in 1998, my Pennsylvania
pages were extremely small and a lot liek yours is right now.

It just takes time to grow, some directions I have gone, I have
planned. Other directions are unplanned, whether it be by submissions
or something I have dug up on my own.

I'm thankful for the number of submissions I do receive, and yes at
times, I am able to request for a certain photo or series of photos and
receive them, but they are one in the same.

In other words, I have let the site(s) grow by whatever path myself or
others may take them. A lot of it is simply myself sharing my travels
in a published online form.