Exit 0

Ray Mullins

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Well, IMHO, TxDOT did something right.

Exit 0, in the first mile, on I-40 (Glenrio, TX).

Are there any other states with Exit 0? (Arizona, your I-40 Exit 1 is not
an Exit 1, but an Exit 0...)

Later,
Ray
--
M. Ray Mullins
Roseville CA (which has better transit service than Arlington TX,

Mike McManus

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Ray Mullins wrote:
> Are there any other states with Exit 0? (Arizona, your I-40 Exit 1
> is not an Exit 1, but an Exit 0...)

If I recall correctly, the first exit in West Virginia off I-70 is Exit
0 (the deceleration lane eastbound begins on the bridge over the Ohio
River).

On the other hand, the I-75/I-71 split just off the bridge in
Cincinnati, OH is Exit 1A. Most of Cincinnati's downtown expressway
exits occur in the first mile of either I-75 or I-71, and these are
numbered 1A through 1K (shared between both expressways to avoid
confusion: B, C, D, J, and K off 71, the rest off 75).
--
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/ Mike McManus _/ home: mmcm...@frontiernet.net _/

Mike Ballard

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

: Are there any other states with Exit 0? (Arizona, your I-40 Exit 1 is not

: an Exit 1, but an Exit 0...)

Idaho/Montana border on I-90.

--
Mike Ballard
mapm...@smartlink.net

Visit the Santa Clarita Resources Page at :
http://www.smartlink.net/~mapmaker

History, Geology, and Local Bicycling Information

OutNOW! Newspapers

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

- The southern terminus of I-69 at I-465 in northeast Indianapolis (actually
"Exits 0A-B" if memory serves me).

- And if I remember correctly from my last drive, the southern terminus of
the I-164 bypass around Evansville, Ind. at US41.

--
OutNOW! Newspapers, San Jose, California
http://www.outnow.com * ne...@outnow.com

David J. P. Long

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

m...@lerami.lerctr.org (Ray Mullins) wrote:

>Are there any other states with Exit 0? (Arizona, your I-40 Exit 1 is not
>an Exit 1, but an Exit 0...)

I can't remember if it's still signed as such, but I-89 where it
terminates just south of Concord used to have an "Exit 0" just after
the "Exit 1" that was less than a mile away. The end of I-89 itself
goes to I-93 north and south with a spur continuing into traffic
lights at the US-3 intersection.
---------*---------------------------------------------------------
*** djl...@magic.mv.com _ _
***** djl...@msn.com (_) (_)
******************* +------------+
************* | Sig under |\
*********** |construction| \
****** ****** +------------+ \
**** **** | \ | \
-**-------------**------------------|----\-------|----\------------

Eric Scouten

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

In article <328274da...@news.mv.com>, djl...@magic.mv.com (David J.
P. Long) wrote:

> m...@lerami.lerctr.org (Ray Mullins) wrote:
>
> >Are there any other states with Exit 0? (Arizona, your I-40 Exit 1 is not
> >an Exit 1, but an Exit 0...)

Texas: I-40 at Glenrio, exit 0

Iowa and Missouri duck the issue. I-35 has an interchange with US-69 which
is squarely *on* the border. (Yes, I've been there...) Both states refer
to it as Missouri exit 114.

Illinois has an unusual response to the Exit 0 "problem" at Peoria. At the
western end of I-474 (mile 0), the exits to west and east I-74 are marked
simply as "Exit A" and "Exit B" (no number at all).

> I can't remember if it's still signed as such, but I-89 where it
> terminates just south of Concord used to have an "Exit 0" just after
> the "Exit 1" that was less than a mile away. The end of I-89 itself
> goes to I-93 north and south with a spur continuing into traffic
> lights at the US-3 intersection.

No, it's no longer marked this way. The sequence is (from west to east):

Exit 2: Clinton Street
Exit 1A: South Street
Exit 1: I-93 N/S
(no number): S Main Street

-es
Eric Scouten Constructor Constructor Metrowerks Corp.

MW: mailto:sco...@metrowerks.com http://www.metrowerks.com
Me: mailto:sco...@gofast.net http://www.delivery.com/~scouten/

PGP public key at <http://www.delivery.com/~scouten/contact.html>

The fifth member of Great Benefit's legal team is Brandon Fuller Grone,
pitifully unnumeraled and inexplicably uninitialed. I can't understand
why he doesn't proclaim himself B. Fuller Grone, like a real big-firm
lawyer.
-John Grisham, _The Rainmaker_

D Banks

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

The first exit from the Horseshoe Bay ferry terminal on BC 1/99 was
numbered "Exit 0" at one time, not sure if it still is.

H.B. Elkins

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

If I'm not mistaken, the western terminus of the Cumberland Parkway at
I-65 north of Bowling Green has Exit 0A and Exit 0B.

The western terminus of the Blue Grass Parkway at I-65 at
Elizabethtown is marked exit 1A and 1B.

I also think the southern terminus of I-81 at I-40 east of Knoxville
is marked Exit 0A and 0B, but I could be mistaken on that one.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++
H.B. Elkins -- Winchester, KY
"You must have the courage to believe the truth!" -- Rush H. Limbaugh III
Kentucky Wildcats Basketball & #3 Dale Earnhardt -- A Championship Combination

hbel...@mis.net <or> HB...@aol.com
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jason Hanson

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

sco...@gofast.net (Eric Scouten) wrote:

>> m...@lerami.lerctr.org (Ray Mullins) wrote:
>>
>> >Are there any other states with Exit 0? (Arizona, your I-40 Exit 1 is not
>> >an Exit 1, but an Exit 0...)

Texas's I-10 also has exit 0 at Anthony.

jan...@hotmail.com

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

Due to a snafu involving SurfWatch, I was unable to thread this reply properly.

Here's yet another Exit 0 location.

At the Texas / New Mexico border the first exit east of the state line is also
marked 'Exit 0'
This article was posted to Usenet via the Posting Service at Deja News:
http://www.dejanews.com/ [Search, Post, and Read Usenet News]