NH: Wild eyed libertarians at it again!

puke...@yahoo.com

May 14, 2007, 6:02:01 PM5/14/07
I thought this might be of interest to you folks here at the Google
Survivalism group. Any of you planning on coming? What are your
thoughts on the Free State Project?

----

New Hampshire Free Staters schedule liberty bash.

The Free Staters are having their 4th annual Porcupine Festival in New
Hampshire next month, and you're invited to drop by. Free Staters are
folks who move, or plan to move, to NH for more freedom.

What: Porcupine Festival
When: June 18 - 24, 2007
Where: Gunstock Mountain Resort in Gilford, NH
Who: Hundreds of hardcore liberty activists who are considering
moving to NH or already live here
Why: Socialize, learn about NH, join our freedom fight for a week
How: Registration Details are at http://freestateproject.org/festival/

You've probably never seen more gun-toters in one place! Turnout
averages around 300 a year. It's a chance to experience maximum
freedom and glimpse New Hampshire's future.

Attendees will be able to choose from events in several categories:

* Bus Tours: organized trips to various parts of NH
* Outdoors: planned hikes and events exploring the environment of
NH
* Activism: engage in pro-liberty activism in NH
* Entertainment: bands, open mike, movies, dancing
* Training: learn the basic skills needed to be an effective
organizer and/or activist
* Speakers: hear and question early movers, the FSP leadership,
in-state activists, and others
* Sports: volleyball/ultimate frisbee/shooting

Since New Hampshire was voted the freest state in the Union in 2003,
at least 220 hardcore libertarian activists have moved here and have
had a pro-liberty impact completely out of proportion to their
numbers. Local Free Staters now run one print newspaper, four
broadcast radio programs and three TV shows. They have become a major
lobbying presence in the State House. One has won election to the
House, and Free Staters have helped kill hundreds of spending bills.
They run New Hampshire's most active web forum; their demonstrations/
activities have generated hundreds of mainstream media articles.
More importantly, they have become a base of social and political
support for one another at a time when the lifestyle of freedom is
becoming a dangerous one to live.

The lights of liberty, though mortally threatened in every state,
still shine brightest here. Among other positive developments, New
Hampshire has recently passed a Constitutional amendment restricting
eminent domain, has led the rebellion against Real ID and has outlawed
the seizure of lawfully borne firearms during a Katrina-style
crisis.

To join our freedom fight from your computer, drop by http://forum.nhfree.com
and see what we've been up to.

Robert Sturgeon

May 15, 2007, 9:54:59 AM5/15/07
On 14 May 2007 15:02:01 -0700, puke...@yahoo.com wrote:

>I thought this might be of interest to you folks here at the Google
>Survivalism group.

The WHAT???

> Any of you planning on coming? What are your
>thoughts on the Free State Project?

I think 220-300 people aren't going to make any difference,
even in New Hampshire. The only part I found especially
interesting was the shooting, and I can do that right here
in sunny California.

(rest snipped)

--
Robert Sturgeon
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

puke...@yahoo.com

May 17, 2007, 4:45:29 PM5/17/07
This is called the Google survivalism group, isn't it?

The 300 people are the ones just attending the get-together called
Porc Fest.
The folks that move to NH, to have a non-violent fight with the gov't
to regain our freedoms, are the ones that can make the difference.

How long do you think sunny CA will let you have that gun legally?

Sue

May 17, 2007, 8:55:58 PM5/17/07
On 17 May 2007 13:45:29 -0700, puke...@yahoo.com wrote:

>This is called the Google survivalism group, isn't it?

No, it isn't. It's misc.survivalism. Google is *not* a part of the
title. Unfortunately for you, you read it and post through Google.
Many of us don't.
Sue

Robert Sturgeon

May 18, 2007, 10:19:12 AM5/18/07
On 17 May 2007 13:45:29 -0700, puke...@yahoo.com wrote:

>This is called the Google survivalism group, isn't it?

No.

>The 300 people are the ones just attending the get-together called
>Porc Fest.
>The folks that move to NH, to have a non-violent fight with the gov't
>to regain our freedoms, are the ones that can make the difference.
>
>How long do you think sunny CA will let you have that gun legally?

I don't know.

Offbreed

May 18, 2007, 10:40:28 AM5/18/07
puke...@yahoo.com wrote:
> This is called the Google survivalism group, isn't it?

Nope. It's a usenet news group. Usenet predates Google by a considerable
margin, is text only, the program needed to use it is called a "news
reader", and is related to email.

Google Groups is simply a means of reading usenet with a browser.

Gunner

May 19, 2007, 6:17:41 PM5/19/07
On 17 May 2007 13:45:29 -0700, puke...@yahoo.com wrote:

>This is called the Google survivalism group, isn't it?

No.

This is the Usenet group called misc.survivalism.

>The 300 people are the ones just attending the get-together called
>Porc Fest.
>The folks that move to NH, to have a non-violent fight with the gov't
>to regain our freedoms, are the ones that can make the difference.
>
>How long do you think sunny CA will let you have that gun legally?

A long time. Longer than the life of the average antigun politician as
well they know. Lots of gun owners in California. Gunowners who saw
the clusterfuck the gun grabbers made the last time. There wont be a
second one.

Gunner

This Message is guaranteed environmentally friendly
Manufactured with 10% post consumer ASCII
Meets all EPA regulations for clean air
Using only naturally occuring fibers
Use the Message with confidance.
(Some settling may occure in transit.)