Judge Quonster

Quonster

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
After TEOTWAWKI, you will not hear about ACLU, or a fair trial. Here would be a
typical trial after TEOTWAWKI. For convenience, I have appointed myself the
Judge. I have dramatized the situation.

Attendant: Judge Quonster is Coming!

(Enter Judge Quonster, two sheriffs and three bounded prisoners.)

Quonster: Convict No.1! What is your crime?

No.1: I have stolen some bread from my neighbor, because my child was starving.

Quonster: Why did not you prepare?

No.1: I had no time to do so. Also, you yourself had said it was OK to steal
from someone if you are in a deseparate situation.

Quonster: I said it was OK, but I also said Don't be caught! You got caught,
and that is your crime. I sentence that your hand would be cut.

No.1: I cannot earn my living without my hand...

A member of audience: Please forgive him!

Judge Quonster: Silence! A Thief is a Thief! Cut his hand, NOW!

(The sheriff cuts No. 1's hand, offstage.)

Quonster: Next! No. 2, what is your crime?

No. 2: Someone said I stole my neighbor's cow.

Quonster: Do you have any evidence?

No.2: No!

A member of an audience: I saw it ! I saw it!

(Quonster shoots the man who shouted that.)

Quonster: The fault lies to the person who did not guard the cow. You are free!

No. 2: Thanks! (Flees out of the courtroom.)

Quonster: Next!

No.3: Sir. Do you know who I am?

(Quonster sees No.3 and recognized that he was the brother of the local
strongman's mistress.)

Quonster: Yes. Go out.

Another audience member: He killed my boy!

Quonster: You killed him. Shoot her!

(A sheriff shoots the yelling woman.)

Quonster (to himself): I know who did it, but my life is more important than
truth. (Exits.)

Heaven and Earth may pass, but my words will not disappear.
---Y'Shua ben Yosef

Chuck Marsh

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
Quonster wrote:

> After TEOTWAWKI, you will not hear about ACLU, or a fair trial. Here would be a
> typical trial after TEOTWAWKI. For convenience, I have appointed myself the
> Judge. I have dramatized the situation.

Thank you for this eloquent defense of the Second Amendment.

Chuck Marsh.

Dan Goodman

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
In article <35A98C...@concentric.net>,

On the other hand, perhaps a water pistol would suffice in this situation.

--
Dan Goodman
dsg...@visi.com

Darkdakota

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98

Prozac helps those little voices in your head.

Dark

Jeffrey G. Bane

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
Quonster wrote in message
<199807130352...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

>After TEOTWAWKI, you will not hear about ACLU, or a fair trial. Here would
be a
>typical trial after TEOTWAWKI. For convenience, I have appointed myself the
>Judge. I have dramatized the situation.

You need to seek immediate treatment.

Jeffrey Schwartz

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
Quonster wrote:

> After TEOTWAWKI, you will not hear about ACLU, or a fair trial. Here would be a
> typical trial after TEOTWAWKI. For convenience, I have appointed myself the
> Judge. I have dramatized the situation.

Quonster leaves the courthouse, the two Baliffs guarding him. Feeling pumped up after a hard
day's work, he decided to take it easy , and head back to his house for a beer and a babe.

As he walks up the driveway, there is a slight "bang" sound - which he does not hear - and
the primitive shrapnel launcher shreds the three of them.

8 miles away, the one handed man from a court case three weeks ago makes his way along the
rail road track.

outd...@my-dejanews.com

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
The role you have cast yourself in seems indicate that you might have some
problems telling fantasy from reality. For example, what qualification do you
have to judge others? Are you a lawyer? We're all aware of your towering
intellect here in the NG, but others may not be. From what I have seen of your
personality, I can't see any reason others would put you in a position of
authority.

I'm no Psychologist, but if I were you, I'd consider seeking some professional
help. This post shows some serious indications of megalomania, not to mention
some pretty poor grasp of good fiction . . .

Pat T.

Paul and Chani

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98
Quonster, you are a bag of laughs.Thanks for that if for nothing else.

Are you for real ? Or just a character from Grimm's Fairy Tales who has found
a way on to the Net ?

I imagine you as a 3 foot tall hobgoblin with pointy ears whose purpose is to
make mischief. I think you live in the wires and if Usenet were to shut down,
you too would vanish in a puff of smoke with it.

(Please take the above in a spirit of jest.)

P.S.: Below (the line) is a quote that applies to you when you use historical examples
to illustrate your heartless philosophy of self preservation at all costs.
By the way I do like reading what you write and how you present your thoughts.
It's just that I disagree with most of what you say.

Many of your arguments are difficult to defeat by mere logic alone.Because they do not
factor in our "humanity".So if you completely leave out that intangible "humanity" factor then
your philosophy of me-first-at-all-costs is logically self-consistent within it's own rather
limited framework.
But by stripping the "humanity" factor out of the equation your philosophy reduces humanity
to the level of simulacra with no higher purpose than self preservation.If you cannot see the implicit
futility of this notion in a single gestalten sweep of understanding then there is no hope for you to
appreciate why people think you are wrong, if not in logic then in the ESSENCE of what you say as
it applies to the human condition.I would then regard you as having a moral blind spot.
It is upon this point and whether you admit it's validity or not that
all your carefully constructed tower of cards will either stand or fall.

Namely: DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE COULD EVER EXIST CONDITIONS IN WHICH
YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE YOUR LIFE IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE A HIGHER GOAL?

or: DO YOU BELIEVE IN SELF PRESERVATION AT ABSOLUTELY ANY COST?

Well what will your answer be Quonster ?

waiting,
"Paul and Chani"
"The writing of history is largely a process of diversion.
Most historical accounts distract attention from the secret influences behind great events."

The Bashar Miles Teg
CH:D 70

Paul and Chani

Jul 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/13/98

"When I am weaker than you , I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles;
when I am stronger than you , I take away your freedom because that is according to my principles."

- Words of an ancient philosopher
Attributed by Harq al-Ada to One Louis Veuillot
(Children of Dune)

Quonster I guess the above would chime neatly with your belief system would it not?

Quonster

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98

>Quonster leaves the courthouse,

>and head back to his house for a beer and a babe.
>As he walks up the driveway, there is a slight "bang" sound - which he does
>not hear - and
>the primitive shrapnel launcher shreds the three of them.

>8 miles away, the one handed man from a court case three weeks ago makes his
>way along the
>rail road track.

The One Handed man is now a wanted man. A bounty of a $20 gold piece is upon
him. Without a hand, he cannot survive long in the wilderness. Within a month,
he either starves to death or is apprehended and torn to pieces.

By the time judges are appointed, the basic rump of social structure is intact.
If a man is wanted at a town, he would probably be wanted in the next town
also.

Quonster

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
>Before Judge Quonster reaches his posh chambers, Anarchist NERO steps into
>the court room with his AK-47. Anarchist NERO calmly applies pressure
to the
>tigger and sprays Judge Quonster's Bench with a hail of lead....

Three hours later, NERO, his wife and children (if any), and his closest
friends are captured by the minions of the strongman and are all shot.

If you read the histories of China, Russia, Japan, India, and medieval England,
the judges acted much like Judge Quonster acted in this short narrative. Plus,
if a judge tried to give a fair judgment, it was the judge who got the
executioner's axe.

I have appointed myself as the judge in this scenario, to avoid offending
anyone but myself. (Being offended does not cost anything for my own survival.)

Law and Order are now the properties of the wealthy and powerful, especially in
most of the Third World. In places like Greece and Korea, the winner of a
lawsuit is almost invariably the person who could bribe more to the judge.

I know his reality is not pleasant, but it would be reality. Reality is never
sweet, AFAIK.

Quonster

Jul 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/14/98
>Are you for real ?

Yes. I am as real as you.

>I imagine you as a 3 foot tall hobgoblin with pointy ears whose purpose is to
>make mischief.

No. I am a 6 foot tall teacher with normal ears whose purpose is to teach
reality.

>By the way I do like reading what you write and how you present your
>thoughts.
>It's just that I disagree with most of what you say.

Everyone has a freedom to disagree to what he or she reads.

>Many of your arguments are difficult to defeat by mere logic alone.

I studied logic in college.

>But by stripping the "humanity" factor out of the equation your philosophy
>reduces humanity
>to the level of simulacra with no higher purpose than self preservation.

"Man is just an evolved monkey." ---Thomas Huxley

>DO YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE COULD EVER EXIST CONDITIONS IN WHICH
>YOU WOULD BE WILLING TO GIVE YOUR LIFE IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE A HIGHER GOAL?

Maybe, if I am in a hopeless situation and want to end my life without
resorting to suicide.

>DO YOU BELIEVE IN SELF PRESERVATION AT ABSOLUTELY ANY COST?

Well, if I am ill with an incurable disease with six weeks remaining, then
saving myself would not be worthwhile.

Someone

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
quon...@aol.com (Quonster) wrote:

>>Before Judge Quonster reaches his posh chambers, Anarchist NERO steps into
>>the court room with his AK-47. Anarchist NERO calmly applies pressure
>to the
>>tigger and sprays Judge Quonster's Bench with a hail of lead....

>Three hours later, NERO, his wife and children (if any), and his closest
>friends are captured by the minions of the strongman and are all shot.

But the point is that Judge Quonster is dead. Not much of a survival
plan, now is it? This scenario is played out all to frequently in the
third world now. If Judge Quonster had been fair, he would have had
far more people on his side, not just the local strongman. Local
strongmen have always been known to be fickle and turn against their
own for personal gain.

Someone

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
jbra...@wavegate.com wrote:

>In article <6og46g$66j$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, NER...@my-dejanews.com says...

>>> to the
>>>
>>> Three hours later, NERO, his wife and children (if any), and his closest
>>> friends are captured by the minions of the strongman and are all shot.
>>>

>>Damn, I hate when that happens. I despise reality.

>But wait, those who have secretly hated the now-dead quonster protect
>and hide Nero and family and with qounster dead, a new society which is
>more just and liveable.

This is the more believable scenario. Just societies fare better for
all involved, and the abusers are generally huge targets.

Chuck Marsh

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
Quonster wrote:

> There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE OF
> THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY. All of them ended with the leaders of the rebellion
> hung on high. The kingdoms might have fallen for a time, but the dynasty always
> survived. The Russian Revolution is the only exception.

Uh...next time you are in a library, look under the names Mao, Castro,
Jefferson...

Best wishes, though perhaps they shall be disappointed,
Chuck Marsh

Someone

Jul 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/15/98
quon...@aol.com (Quonster) wrote:

>>But the point is that Judge Quonster is dead.

>I just used my name. The judge's name is not important. Personally, I would
>prefer not to be in a vulnerable position like that.

>> If Judge Quonster had been fair, he would have had
>>far more people on his side, not just the local strongman.

>The strongman would have killed Judge Quonster. Period.

>>Local
>>strongmen have always been known to be fickle and turn against their
>>own for personal gain.
>>

>On the other hand, attacking a judge he appointed would be a serious challenge
>against his authority.

>There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE OF
>THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY. All of them ended with the leaders of the rebellion
>hung on high. The kingdoms might have fallen for a time, but the dynasty always
>survived. The Russian Revolution is the only exception.

They weren't as armed as today's modern "peasants" are. History may
repeat itself, but it did so in an era when the game was basically the
same; armed strongmen and unarmed peasants. In the last couple
centuries there have been several peasant rebellions that have
succeeded, and I imagine we'll see many more in the coming times.

>Read more history books. Not the PC shit churned out by thousands of overpaid
>profs, but real history books, like those written by Paul Johnson.

Charles Scripter

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
NER...@my-dejanews.com wrote:

>> Three hours later, NERO, his wife and children (if any), and his closest
>> friends are captured by the minions of the strongman and are all shot.

> Wait... oh yeah.... Anachist NERO and his family are zombies. They rise from
> the dead to forever torment the strongman and his minions....

No, no, no!... "Nero offers each of his neighbors a 10 pound sack
of beans, to eliminate the minions of this tyrannical `strongman'.
Quonster's minions are all killed, and future would-be-tyrants take
note of the dangers of ruling with an iron hand..."

--
Charles Scripter * cescr...@portup.edu www.portup.com/~cescripter
Send me NO unsolicited commercial email!

Quonster

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98

>But the point is that Judge Quonster is dead.

I just used my name. The judge's name is not important. Personally, I would
prefer not to be in a vulnerable position like that.

> If Judge Quonster had been fair, he would have had
>far more people on his side, not just the local strongman.

The strongman would have killed Judge Quonster. Period.

>Local
>strongmen have always been known to be fickle and turn against their
>own for personal gain.

On the other hand, attacking a judge he appointed would be a serious challenge
against his authority.

There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE OF
THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY. All of them ended with the leaders of the rebellion
hung on high. The kingdoms might have fallen for a time, but the dynasty always
survived. The Russian Revolution is the only exception.

Read more history books. Not the PC shit churned out by thousands of overpaid

Quonster

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
>>Damn, I hate when that happens. I despise reality.
>
>But wait, those who have secretly hated the now-dead quonster protect
>and hide Nero and family and with qounster dead, a new society which is
>more just and liveable.

NO! Jbradley, your ignorance on real history is once again demonstrated. More
likely, those who protected Nero and family would be ALL executed. Once that is
done, there would be no more person who would attempt such deed.

"Just and Liveable" society is a joke. History shows that whenever a free
country and an unfree country fought, the one with more resources won.

Perry Noid

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98

Never, EVER try to self-treat a psychosis.

Jeffrey Schwartz

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Quonster wrote:

> NO! Jbradley, your ignorance on real history is once again demonstrated. More
> likely, those who protected Nero and family would be ALL executed. Once that is
> done, there would be no more person who would attempt such deed.

Strongman Quonster stood in the town square, surrounded by headstones. Well, better
start working on the planting.

His dog, Fluffy, upset because the strong man blew away little Billy, when Billy
said,"Daddy, why did you kill my friends?" --- Fluffy growled.

A shot rang out.

Several birds, startled, sqawked.

More shots rang out.

The Strong Man stood alone. Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

Jeffrey Schwartz

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Quonster wrote:

> There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE OF
> THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY. All of them ended with the leaders of the rebellion
> hung on high. The kingdoms might have fallen for a time, but the dynasty always
> survived. The Russian Revolution is the only exception.

What about China?

What about France, homey?

What about India?

What about Liberia?

What about Rhoanda?

What about South Africa?

What about Chile?

What about Cuba?

Alright, now I will give credit that the peasants in most of these cases they did get outside help
- but the majority of the people doing the work were peasants?

Quonster

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
>> There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE
>OF
>> THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY.

>Uh...next time you are in a library, look under the names Mao, Castro,
>Jefferson...

Mao's rebellion was not a peasant rebellion. It was a civil war. Still, a case
could be made from that.

Castro was a lawyer, if my encyclopedia is correct. He just incited the
workers. Personally, I believe that if the Bay of Pigs had succeeded he would
have ended up like Noriega.

Jefferson was a planter, with lots of slaves (some of them he fathered). Hardly
a peasant.

>Best wishes, though perhaps they shall be disappointed,

I am not disappointed.
Throughout history, the majority is ALWAYS wrong. ---Bernard Baruch, the
advisor to six presidents and a consummate investor.

Quonster

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
>They weren't as armed as today's modern "peasants" are. History may
>repeat itself, but it did so in an era when the game was basically the
>same; armed strongmen and unarmed peasants.

A strongman is not a strongman, if he is weaker than his subjects. If a town is
controlled by a warlord, that means he is far stronger than anybody else in
there. Otherwise, some other guy would kill him and take his lucrative
position.

>In the last couple
>centuries there have been several peasant rebellions that have
>succeeded, and I imagine we'll see many more in the coming times.

There might be some temporary successes, but ULTIMATELY they will fail. The few
elite can do whatever they want to the stupid mass.

If peasants seize the control of a town, soon or later they will be conquered
by a warlord far stronger (and more vile) than the last one.

Or, the leader of the rebellion will end up as the warlord, in a generation or
two.

JT Hall

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
to Quonster

Quonster wrote:

> Castro was a lawyer, if my encyclopedia is correct. He just incited the
> workers. Personally, I believe that if the Bay of Pigs had succeeded he would
> have ended up like Noriega.

Castro was a baseball player.

JT Hall
cat...@gilroy.com

Chuck Marsh

Jul 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/16/98
Are you saying that the peasants cannot revolt without intellectuals to
lead them, or that the people mentioned acted without the support of the
agrarian commoners?

:)Chuck

Quonster wrote:

> >> There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE
> >OF
> >> THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY.
>
> >Uh...next time you are in a library, look under the names Mao, Castro,
> >Jefferson...
>
> Mao's rebellion was not a peasant rebellion. It was a civil war. Still, a case
> could be made from that.
>

> Castro was a lawyer, if my encyclopedia is correct. He just incited the
> workers. Personally, I believe that if the Bay of Pigs had succeeded he would
> have ended up like Noriega.
>

> Jefferson was a planter, with lots of slaves (some of them he fathered). Hardly
> a peasant.
>
> >Best wishes, though perhaps they shall be disappointed,
>
> I am not disappointed.

Quonster

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
>Are you saying that the peasants cannot revolt without intellectuals to
>lead them,

They can revolt, but all their efforts will turn into naught.

>that the people mentioned acted without the support of the
>agrarian commoners?

Any demagogue, if he or she is able to manipulate popular opinion, can stir a
rebellion. Whether it might be successful or not, is the major question.

Quonster

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
>Quonster wrote:
>>
>> There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE
>OF
>> THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY.

>What about China?

I will have more to say about that.

>What about France, homey?

Within ten years, all leaders of the Revolutuion died in Guillotine and
Napoleon installed an even stronger monarchy.

>What about India?

Within a year of independence, Mahatma Gandhi was shot.

>What about Liberia?

It is a mess now.

>What about Rhoanda?

I am not sure whether you mean Rhodesia or Rwanda. Please specify. In Rwanda,
the Tutsis are now ruling. They used to occupy 10% of the population; now, less
than 5%, thanks to Hutu Masscare. Still, the Tutsis (much like the Kshatriya
caste in India) rule the Hutus with an iron hand.

>What about South Africa?

Just wait until Nelson Mandela dies. It will turn to become a great mess.

>What about Chile?

Have you ever heard about Pinochet?

>What about Cuba?

Without Soviet aid, Fidel would be occupying a small cell in Miami.

Peasant revolution might succeed for a short time. But, they will ULTIMATELY
fail.

Charles Scripter

Jul 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/17/98
Quonster <quon...@aol.com> wrote:

>>> There were hundreds and thousands of peasant rebellions in history. NOT ONE
>>OF
>>> THEM SUCCEEDED ULTIMATELY.

>>Uh...next time you are in a library, look under the names Mao, Castro,
>>Jefferson...

[...blah, blah, blah...]

> Jefferson was a planter, with lots of slaves (some of them he
> fathered). Hardly a peasant.

Which is why our nation is not a nation of _peasants_. It was
founded on the principle of the citizen-soldier.

So how does Quonster propose converting these freemen into
peasants, such that they are unable to foment a revoution?