Debt settlement payments

shareyour...@hotmail.com

Sep 10, 2011, 11:42:31 AM9/10/11
I will be paying off a debt settlement and want to know if it is my
best interest to have the money transferred directly to my creditors
through my mutual fund account, or cut a personal check or money
order? I'm thinking by cutting a check, I will have a paper trail and
documentation.

Kent Wills

Sep 10, 2011, 1:15:20 PM9/10/11
At one time, not so long ago, "shareyour...@hotmail.com"
<shareyour...@hotmail.com> wrote:

There would be documentation even if you chose to pay
electronically. However, being able to present a physical, cancelled
check, should it become necessary, would, IMO, be better.
A money order can be proved by the issuer to have been presented
for payment. As a disinterested third party, the claims made by the
company that the money order was so presented and the funds paid would
be good too.

--
It's hard to relate to this high-tech world when your kid says her
Lego Toys need more memory.

shareyour...@hotmail.com

Sep 10, 2011, 1:48:45 PM9/10/11
On Sep 10, 10:15 am, Kent Wills <compu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At one time, not so long ago, "shareyourknowle...@hotmail.com"

Thanks for the info. I see what I need to do.

Bill Graham

Sep 11, 2011, 5:25:36 PM9/11/11

Good plan. These new electronic payments/money transfers don't give you that
protection. As long as everything goes OK, they are very convenient. But
when there is any real money involved, you'd better have the paperwork in
hand to prove what took place. Telling the judge, "Well, your honor, I told
my bank to make the payment for me" isn't going to cut any ice......