Introductions here!

Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath

Oct 14, 2006, 12:11:18 PM10/14/06
Hello,
I've just joined this list.

I am from Calfiornia but living in Wales in the UK.
I am a very involved activist teaching about the dangers of vaccination
and many other issues (amalgam, aspartame, GM foods, fluoride, statins
and more). I also am a Hahnemannian Homeopath (classically trained
following the principles in Organon by Hahnemann, prescribing on the
principles of the 5th & 6th edition, using primarily remedies in
water).

I probably know some of you hear and interested to learn more from all
of you as well as network. I hope to share information that is of
value to you.

I have seen the health of children deteriorate greatly in the years
I've been involved in health care. I worked in a pediatric practice
throughout highschool in the mid to late 60's and then was a pediatric
nurse after graduating from a nursing program in 1971 - working in
hospitals and pediatric offices.

NEVER did I see the asthma that we see now. Never did I see ADHD/ADD
like we see now. Never did I see Autism - never at all. Never were so
many vaccines given and never was a vaccine such as hep b given at 12
hours of age. Never did I see the use of antibiotics as I see now.
And then the world wonders why children have such chronic illness. The
children I know through my lists and my practice that are NOT
vaccinated are the healthiest children I have ever seen.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you

Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath
Online classes in homeopathy, the reality of childhood illness or the
dangers of vaccination
http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm
http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/homeo.htm

HCN

Oct 15, 2006, 3:15:18 AM10/15/06

<homeopath...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>...> NEVER did I see the asthma that we see now. ...

Does that mean kids who survive pertussis as babies get less asthma because
they are actually alive?

How does a homeopath treat pertussis? What do they do to get actual oxygen
into a baby's lung when they are trying desperately to breath with sounds
like this:
http://www.pertussis.com/

Can you actually type the number of zeros to the right of the decimal point
to indicate the actual percentage of "active" ingredient in your remedy?

Speaking of babies... do you think it is really okay to shake a baby? That
is pretty much what Poster Boy Alan Yurko did with his girlfriend's (then
wife) son Alan Ream. You were one of his supporters (a Google search using
"nakken yurko" brought lots of hits). Where is he now? Are you guys
working to get him out of the Ohio prison system? See:
http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/yurko1.htm

Do you know what I see less now... deafness. It used to be that there were
deaf program everywhere... but now they are going away (read the book "Train
Go Sorry",
http://www.amazon.com/Train-Go-Sorry-Inside-World/dp/0735101426/ ). When my
oldest kid started in preschool for kids who could not talk, it was right
next to a deaf and hard of hearing program. The deaf and hard of hearing
program had over 80 kids... but a couple of years ago it had to be moved to
a different building because it was down to only half a dozen elementary age
kids. What happened with that?

It turns out that most of the kids in that program (15+ years ago) had
immigrated from countries without adequate vaccinations. They had become
deaf through getting the actual diseases! It turns out that while getting
measles actually KILLS one out of 500 kids who get it...a fairly significant
number of kids who actually survive measles, mumps, diphtheria, pertussis.
HiB and other vaccine preventable diseases end up with neurosensory
disorders like deafness, blindness and even paralysis:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1061838,00.html

Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath

Oct 19, 2006, 11:44:43 AM10/19/06

HCN wrote:
> "Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath"
> <homeopath...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> >...> NEVER did I see the asthma that we see now. ...
>
> Does that mean kids who survive pertussis as babies get less asthma because
> they are actually alive?

TYPING IN CAPS SO MY RESPONSE CAN BE SEEN IN THIS MESS:

NEVER SAW A DEATH FROM PERTUSSIS WHEN WORKING IN A PEDIATRIC HOSPITAL
OR BUSY 4 PEDIATRICIAN PRACTICE FROM 1971-1978

> How does a homeopath treat pertussis? What do they do to get actual oxygen
> into a baby's lung when they are trying desperately to breath with sounds
> like this:
> http://www.pertussis.com/

YOU FIND THE ONE RIGHT REMEDY THAT MATCHES THE SYMPTOM PICTURE
HAVE ASSISTED MANY FAMILIES WITH TINY INFANTS AND OLDER BABIES AND
CHILDREN AND ADULTS THROUGH PERTUSSIS VERY NICELY WITH HOMEOPATHY. NOT
ONE DEATH OR HOSPITALIZATION

> Can you actually type the number of zeros to the right of the decimal point
> to indicate the actual percentage of "active" ingredient in your remedy?

EVERY HEARD OF NANO TECHNOLOGY
BOTULISM
RADIATION
A TINY LITTLE BACTERIA
A VERY TINY LITTLE VIRUS

ALL TINY BUT MIGHTY

AND MATERIAL IS MEANINGLESS - YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT LIVING IN THE 21ST
CENTURY

> Speaking of babies... do you think it is really okay to shake a baby? That
> is pretty much what Poster Boy Alan Yurko did with his girlfriend's (then
> wife) son Alan Ream. You were one of his supporters (a Google search using
> "nakken yurko" brought lots of hits). Where is he now? Are you guys
> working to get him out of the Ohio prison system? See:
> http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles/comment/yurko1.htm

ALWAYS GOT TO BRING ALL OF THIS IN BECAUSE YOU CANNOT DEBATE THE FACTS
YOU CANNOT FACE THE REALITY OF DOCUMENTS THAT PUT DOUBT OUT THERE

AD HOMINEM

> Do you know what I see less now... deafness. It used to be that there were
> deaf program everywhere... but now they are going away (read the book "Train
> Go Sorry",
> http://www.amazon.com/Train-Go-Sorry-Inside-World/dp/0735101426/ ). When my
> oldest kid started in preschool for kids who could not talk, it was right
> next to a deaf and hard of hearing program. The deaf and hard of hearing
> program had over 80 kids... but a couple of years ago it had to be moved to
> a different building because it was down to only half a dozen elementary age
> kids. What happened with that?

WOULD HAVE TO KNOW WHY THEY WERE DEAF
AUTISTIC KIDS ACT PRETTY DEAF IN MANY CASES
INJURED IS INJURED

> It turns out that most of the kids in that program (15+ years ago) had
> immigrated from countries without adequate vaccinations. They had become
> deaf through getting the actual diseases! It turns out that while getting
> measles actually KILLS one out of 500 kids who get it...a fairly significant
> number of kids who actually survive measles, mumps, diphtheria, pertussis.
> HiB and other vaccine preventable diseases end up with neurosensory
> disorders like deafness, blindness and even paralysis:
> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1061838,00.html

PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION AND PROOF OF THESE CASES
PROVE MEASLES KILLS 1 OUT 500 WHO GET IT
PROVE YOUR STATEMENTS

Sheri Nakken, R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath
http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm

HCN

Oct 20, 2006, 11:07:58 AM10/20/06

> HCN wrote:
>> "Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath"
>> <homeopath...@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> >...> NEVER did I see the asthma that we see now. ...
>>
>> Does that mean kids who survive pertussis as babies get less asthma
>> because
>> they are actually alive?
>
> TYPING IN CAPS SO MY RESPONSE CAN BE SEEN IN THIS MESS:
>
> NEVER SAW A DEATH FROM PERTUSSIS WHEN WORKING IN A PEDIATRIC HOSPITAL
> OR BUSY 4 PEDIATRICIAN PRACTICE FROM 1971-1978

You have NOT been a practicing nurse for almost 30 years?!!!

Oh, no! No wonder you have trouble reading and understanding just the
basics!

>> How does a homeopath treat pertussis? What do they do to get actual
>> oxygen
>> into a baby's lung when they are trying desperately to breath with sounds
>> like this:
>> http://www.pertussis.com/
>
> YOU FIND THE ONE RIGHT REMEDY THAT MATCHES THE SYMPTOM PICTURE
> HAVE ASSISTED MANY FAMILIES WITH TINY INFANTS AND OLDER BABIES AND
> CHILDREN AND ADULTS THROUGH PERTUSSIS VERY NICELY WITH HOMEOPATHY. NOT
> ONE DEATH OR HOSPITALIZATION

Uh, so we just have to take your word for it? Because I can't find any
thing...except for these:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=13321453&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=15412003&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum

Though we do have these REAL reports:
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5450a3.htm in the USA, and in
Europe was this paper:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=16148840&query_hl=5&itool=pubmed_docsum
... with this conclusion: "Children younger than 6 months of age and those
not vaccinated were most likely to be hospitalized. Thirty-two deaths were
reported, 87% of which were in children younger than 6 months of age."
... Tell us exactly how your treatment could have helped. Be specific.

>> Can you actually type the number of zeros to the right of the decimal
>> point
>> to indicate the actual percentage of "active" ingredient in your remedy?
>
> EVERY HEARD OF NANO TECHNOLOGY
> BOTULISM
> RADIATION
> A TINY LITTLE BACTERIA
> A VERY TINY LITTLE VIRUS
>
> ALL TINY BUT MIGHTY
>
> AND MATERIAL IS MEANINGLESS - YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT LIVING IN THE 21ST
> CENTURY

Still, can you type out all the zeros on the right side of the decimal point
for the percentage of the actual "active" ingredients in YOUR remedies?

Read on...

>> It turns out that most of the kids in that program (15+ years ago) had
>> immigrated from countries without adequate vaccinations. They had become
>> deaf through getting the actual diseases! It turns out that while
>> getting
>> measles actually KILLS one out of 500 kids who get it...a fairly
>> significant
>> number of kids who actually survive measles, mumps, diphtheria,
>> pertussis.
>> HiB and other vaccine preventable diseases end up with neurosensory
>> disorders like deafness, blindness and even paralysis:
>> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1061838,00.html
>
> PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION AND PROOF OF THESE CASES
> PROVE MEASLES KILLS 1 OUT 500 WHO GET IT
> PROVE YOUR STATEMENTS

http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/def_pink_full.htm ... If you read
through it you will find that deafness is a common complication for mumps,
measles, Hib, meningitis, etc.

For measles, http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/meas.pdf on page 127:
'Death from measles was reported in approximately 0.2% of the cases in the
United States from 1985 through 1992. As with other complications of
measles, the risk of death is higher among young children and adults.
Pneumonia accounts for about 60% of deaths. The most common causes of death
are pneumonia in children and acute encephalitis in adults."

> Sheri Nakken, R.N., MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath
> http://www.nccn.net/~wwithin/vaccine.htm

Even in all caps, you still make no sense.

Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath

Oct 20, 2006, 12:09:12 PM10/20/06

HCN wrote:
> "Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath"

> > NEVER SAW A DEATH FROM PERTUSSIS WHEN WORKING IN A PEDIATRIC HOSPITAL
> > OR BUSY 4 PEDIATRICIAN PRACTICE FROM 1971-1978
>
> You have NOT been a practicing nurse for almost 30 years?!!!
>
> Oh, no! No wonder you have trouble reading and understanding just the
> basics!

I was referring to my intensive/extensive experience in pediatrics in
doctors office and hospital
I guess you wanted my whole CV?

1971 - 1974 - Assistant Unit Supervisor Pediatrics Junior/Adolescent
Unit, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo Michigan
1974 - 1978 - Nurse office manager for 4 pediatirican practice

1978 - 1979 - Assistant Unit Supervisor Orthopedic Neurological Unit,
Same hospital as above

1979 - 1988 - RN in Trauma Units, Adult Intensive Cares, ER's and
Pediatric Intensive Care in San Diego, San Francisio & Denver Colorado.
Staff Nurse and Assistant Unit Supervisor

Stopped working as an allopathic RN in allopathy when I realized I
could no longer ethically work in a system that I did not believe in.

> >> How does a homeopath treat pertussis? What do they do to get actual
> >> oxygen
> >> into a baby's lung when they are trying desperately to breath with sounds
> >> like this:
> >> http://www.pertussis.com/
> >
> > YOU FIND THE ONE RIGHT REMEDY THAT MATCHES THE SYMPTOM PICTURE
> > HAVE ASSISTED MANY FAMILIES WITH TINY INFANTS AND OLDER BABIES AND
> > CHILDREN AND ADULTS THROUGH PERTUSSIS VERY NICELY WITH HOMEOPATHY. NOT
> > ONE DEATH OR HOSPITALIZATION
> >

> Uh, so we just have to take your word for it? Because I can't find any
> thing...except for these:
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=13321453&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum
>
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=15412003&query_hl=1&itool=pubmed_docsum
>
> Though we do have these REAL reports:
> http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5450a3.htm in the USA, and in
> Europe was this paper:
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=16148840&query_hl=5&itool=pubmed_docsum
> ... with this conclusion: "Children younger than 6 months of age and those
> not vaccinated were most likely to be hospitalized. Thirty-two deaths were
> reported, 87% of which were in children younger than 6 months of age."
> ... Tell us exactly how your treatment could have helped. Be specific.

You would have to study homeopathy and study the Organon and historical
use of this empirical medicine
But that is your choice. No one is forcing it on you, unlike allopathy
which is forced on nearly everyone.

> >> Can you actually type the number of zeros to the right of the decimal
> >> point
> >> to indicate the actual percentage of "active" ingredient in your remedy?
> >
> > EVERY HEARD OF NANO TECHNOLOGY
> > BOTULISM
> > RADIATION
> > A TINY LITTLE BACTERIA
> > A VERY TINY LITTLE VIRUS
> >
> > ALL TINY BUT MIGHTY
> >
> > AND MATERIAL IS MEANINGLESS - YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT LIVING IN THE 21ST
> > CENTURY
> >

> Still, can you type out all the zeros on the right side of the decimal point
> for the percentage of the actual "active" ingredients in YOUR remedies?

And why does it matter? I don't care about 'active' ingredients. That
is not what is important in homeopathy. The less of the substance in
the remedy, the more powerful it becomes.

> >> It turns out that most of the kids in that program (15+ years ago) had
> >> immigrated from countries without adequate vaccinations. They had become
> >> deaf through getting the actual diseases! It turns out that while
> >> getting
> >> measles actually KILLS one out of 500 kids who get it...a fairly
> >> significant
> >> number of kids who actually survive measles, mumps, diphtheria,
> >> pertussis.
> >> HiB and other vaccine preventable diseases end up with neurosensory
> >> disorders like deafness, blindness and even paralysis:
> >> http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1061838,00.html
> >
> > PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION AND PROOF OF THESE CASES
> > PROVE MEASLES KILLS 1 OUT 500 WHO GET IT
> > PROVE YOUR STATEMENTS

I was asking for documentation of measles killing 1 out of 500
I was asking for documentation to children in the program 15 plus years
ago

> http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/def_pink_full.htm ... If you read
> through it you will find that deafness is a common complication for mumps,
> measles, Hib, meningitis, etc.

Common? How common? Hardly common.

> For measles, http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/meas.pdf on page 127:
> 'Death from measles was reported in approximately 0.2% of the cases in the
> United States from 1985 through 1992. As with other complications of
> measles, the risk of death is higher among young children and adults.
> Pneumonia accounts for about 60% of deaths. The most common causes of death
> are pneumonia in children and acute encephalitis in adults."

So what does 0.2% calculate to in numbers

Sheri

HCN

Oct 20, 2006, 1:39:44 PM10/20/06

> HCN wrote:
>> "Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath"
>

>> > NEVER SAW A DEATH FROM PERTUSSIS WHEN WORKING IN A PEDIATRIC HOSPITAL
>> > OR BUSY 4 PEDIATRICIAN PRACTICE FROM 1971-1978
>>
>> You have NOT been a practicing nurse for almost 30 years?!!!
>>
>> Oh, no! No wonder you have trouble reading and understanding just the
>> basics!
>
> I was referring to my intensive/extensive experience in pediatrics in
> doctors office and hospital
> I guess you wanted my whole CV?
>
> 1971 - 1974 - Assistant Unit Supervisor Pediatrics Junior/Adolescent
> Unit, Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo Michigan
> 1974 - 1978 - Nurse office manager for 4 pediatirican practice
>
> 1978 - 1979 - Assistant Unit Supervisor Orthopedic Neurological Unit,
> Same hospital as above
>
> 1979 - 1988 - RN in Trauma Units, Adult Intensive Cares, ER's and
> Pediatric Intensive Care in San Diego, San Francisio & Denver Colorado.
> Staff Nurse and Assistant Unit Supervisor
>
> Stopped working as an allopathic RN in allopathy when I realized I
> could no longer ethically work in a system that I did not believe in.

Perhaps. But after seeing how poor you are at basic math and your lack of
reading comprehension, I am more inclined that there are other reasons.

Actually, I probably know more than you.

But answer this question: One of the miasms is the sysphilis miasm. Then
syphilis was a real disease, and it is now making a comeback. Since
Hahnemann decided it was its own "miasm" I'm sure he had a sure fire cure
for it. So if it works so great, why are antibiotics the standard of care
for it now?

If homeopathy worked... why wouldn't it be the standard of care for
syphilis.

>> > EVERY HEARD OF NANO TECHNOLOGY

Do you know what "nano" means... it is this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nano , which means that the amount of material
can be found in a ratio of 1 over 1000000000

The 1 in 500 follows... I gave you an anecdote (did you not recognize
that?). If you wish to read more I would suggest the book _Train Go Sorry_,
http://www.amazon.com/Train-Go-Sorry-Inside-World/dp/0735101426/ (ask where
are all the schools specifically for the deaf have gone) and
_Deaf Like Me_,
http://www.amazon.com/Deaf-Like-Me-Thomas-Spradley/dp/0930323114/ ... more
about the epidemic here: http://www.sense.org.uk/deafblindness/rubella/

There are some journals noting the change of levels of deafness. Like this
one:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=14613687&query_hl=12&itool=pubmed_docsum
"RESULTS: In France over the period of time considered, almost 2 million
meningitis, 60 000 encephalitis, 170 subacute sclerosis panencephalitis and
more than 5600 neurological sequaela including more than 600 deafness cases
have been avoided as a result of the MMR vaccination programme. Moreover,
590 000 pneumonia, more than one million of acute otitis media and 300 000
orchitis, 3000 rubella infection cases occurring during pregnancy have also
been avoided. Overall, more than 12 000 deaths that have been avoided as a
result of the MMR vaccination. "
and
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=10063655&query_hl=12&itool=pubmed_DocSum
"Based upon data reported to the World Health Organization (WHO) up to April
1998, mumps vaccine is routinely used by national immunization programs in
82 countries/areas: 23 of 25 developed countries, 19 of 22 countries with
economies in transition, and 40 of 168 developing countries. Countries which
have achieved high vaccine coverage have realized a rapid decline in mumps
morbidity. Also in many such countries, mumps-associated encephalitis and
deafness have almost vanished."

>> http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/def_pink_full.htm ... If you
>> read
>> through it you will find that deafness is a common complication for
>> mumps,
>> measles, Hib, meningitis, etc.
>
> Common? How common? Hardly common.
>

>> For measles, http://www.cdc.gov/nip/publications/pink/meas.pdf on page
>> 127:
>> 'Death from measles was reported in approximately 0.2% of the cases in
>> the
>> United States from 1985 through 1992. As with other complications of
>> measles, the risk of death is higher among young children and adults.
>> Pneumonia accounts for about 60% of deaths. The most common causes of
>> death
>> are pneumonia in children and acute encephalitis in adults."
>
> So what does 0.2% calculate to in numbers

> Sheri

By the way, a more recent study of that upserge in measles in the mid-1980s
to early 1990s has been re-evaluated. Here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=15106092&query_hl=17&itool=pubmed_docsum
... with this quote "Overall the death-to-case ratio was 2.54 and 2.83
deaths/1000 reported cases, using the NCHS and NIP data, respectively"...
that is slightly more than 1 in 500.

Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath

Oct 20, 2006, 3:44:37 PM10/20/06
yadda yadda yadda
gotta change those numbers and sell vaccine

those of us who worked with children BEFORE the
vaccine.................did NOT see this.
Maybe in extreme poverty

Address the poverty instead of injecting more poison

This is absolutly BOLLOCKS

Mark Probert

Oct 20, 2006, 5:41:30 PM10/20/06

Translation:

I cannot handle facts, so I ignore them.

HCN

Oct 21, 2006, 2:16:29 PM10/21/06

"Sheri Nakken RN, MA, Hahnemannian Homeopath"
<homeopath...@googlemail.com> wrote in message

Obviously wants to ignore the fact I answered your questions with real data.

Just let you know that I purposely chose the 1985 to 1992 upsurge of measles
in the United States where over 2.5 out of 1000 victims died. That is where
the arguement of "poverty" falls flat. One of the dead was employed in a
medical clinic. Not poor, and not far from real medical help.

From
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=1067619&date=19900421
(you may have to access this from a library with a subscription to newspaper
archives... this particular newspaper started digital archiving early as
part of a service to Compuserve in the early 1990s):
Begin quote...
A 30-year-old receptionist in an obstetrical clinic died Thursday of
pneumonia, a complication of red measles, state medical officials said.

The death was reported in Kennewick, Benton County.

``It's not just a benign disease,'' said Dr. John Kobayashi, state
epidemiologist. ``The message is that measles can kill you or make you very
ill.''

Already this year, 140 cases of measles have been reported statewide,
compared to 77 cases during all of 1989.

Yakima County has reported the largest number of cases, 63. The
Benton-Franklin County Health District has had 34; King County, 8; and
others have been reported in Pierce, Okanogan, Walla Walla, Kittitas, Clark
and Cowlitz counties.

The outbreak is one of many around the nation during the past several years.

Disease experts believe the resurgence has occurred because the measles
vaccine inexplicably failed to provide long-term immunity in a small
percentage of young people. In addition, many inner-city children have not
been vaccinated as the price of the immunizations increased.

Health officials have urged state residents to get a second vaccination if
they were vaccinated before 1968 or before their first birthday.

Those born before 1957, when measles was widespread, were undoubtedly
exposed to the virus and are immune, experts say.

Health authorities are especially concerned about health-care workers, many
of whom are young and may not be protected.

Several hundred Harborview Medical Center staff members recently were
vaccinated after two young doctors, who had been exposed to an infected
emergency room patient, came down with the disease.

The Kennewick clinic receptionist died at University of Washington Medical
Center after being transferred there on Tuesday. She had been in a coma
since April 9.

The Kennewick woman is the 35th in the nation to die from measles this year.
There were 45 deaths during all of 1989.

Copyright (c) 1990 Seattle Times Company, All Rights Reserved.

End quote...