Historical stock index data?

Daniel

Sep 14, 2007, 10:01:58 PM9/14/07
Hi there,

I am looking for a site, preferably one that does not require
registration, where I can get historical data such as average P/E, P/B,
etc, for various stock indices.

Thanks!

raylopez99

Sep 15, 2007, 7:12:02 AM9/15/07

http://www.mscibarra.com/products/indices/stdindex/performance.jsp

is one such site. (Registration req'd)

ANother is a professor in upstate NY I think:
http://groups.google.com/group/small-microcap-value, see post:
http://www.albany.edu/~renshaw/stk/stkintro.html#index (seems to be
taking a long time to load...just tried it)

Another is another professor from Yale--not Schiller--Google it...he
might be Makiel...not sure.

Good luck, as such data is hard to find for even financial
researchers. Goetzmann and Ibbotson have done a lot of work in this
area, especially for "world" stock markets.

RL