Any chart gurus?

NB

Aug 8, 2007, 4:45:27 PM8/8/07
What do you see for IDCC in the near future? It was down 15% (4
points) today.

FrediFizzx

Aug 8, 2007, 5:23:20 PM8/8/07
"NB" <nobu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> What do you see for IDCC in the near future? It was down 15% (4
> points) today.

I don't know about charts but the earnings Ouija board says down down
down for awhile. ;-) When tech sector is going up and a tech company
goes down it is not a good sign. What happened to them; did they lose
business from a major client?

Fred

NB

Aug 8, 2007, 5:27:36 PM8/8/07
On Aug 8, 5:23 pm, "FrediFizzx" <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "NB" <nobuy...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It's been tanking for the last 3 weeks. A lot of shorts in it. They
announced earnings today, which were basically in line with analyst
expectations. Not really anything that explains why it dropped so
much. The fundamentals of the company right now are the same as they
were a month ago when the stock was at 32.

Blash

Aug 8, 2007, 5:32:44 PM8/8/07
NB wrote on 8/8/07 4:45 PM:

> What do you see for IDCC in the near future? It was down 15% (4
> points) today.

The chart gurus are holding a convention in NYC......they chipped in their
recent profits and rented a room(studio) at the YMCA in Harlem......
You might try the candlestick boys.....they've been strangely silent during
these market gyrations........

704set

Aug 8, 2007, 5:57:12 PM8/8/07

"NB" <nobu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Think maybe the stock is discounting the next 6 - 12 months rather than the
last 30 days?

704set

catalpa

Aug 8, 2007, 11:48:36 PM8/8/07

"NB" <nobu...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> What do you see for IDCC in the near future? It was down 15% (4
> points) today.

I recognize the chart pattern, it is known as the falling knife. If you
enjoy playing with falling knives, then go ahead and invest.

The 5 year chart of IDCC is one of the strangest charts I have ever seen.
Not a stock for the faint of heart.

2Penny

Aug 9, 2007, 1:52:01 AM8/9/07

Mr NB;

The company's TotalLiabilities/TotalAssets is a little over 50%.
Companies have gotten slick about hiding debt and the good ole'
LongTermDebt/LongTermAssets can't be trusted to tell what it used
to tell. A different calculation of debt is needed because
sometimes companies will hide LongTermDebt by refinancing it
every 90 days, or so, (redefining it as a ShortTermDebt) and
keeping it away from scary calculations investors might normally
be expected to perform (or look for). In the current liquidity
crises I can imagine the company is having problems refinancing
that debt and they're having to do some drastic financial
rearrangements or close shop.

Personally, I avoid companies with much debt especially in the
current financial climate.

They seem to be making money (hand over fist) at something like
RoA = 40% and they seem to have enough money to buy office products
and pay down some debts with a CurrentRatio of 3.494

It seems generally healthy, but a bit more debt than I'm
comfortable with.

2Penny

carolyn

Aug 9, 2007, 8:28:52 PM8/9/07