OT:Anyone Else Having Problems With Google Groups Archiving

Greg Carr

Sep 6, 2007, 3:29:48 PM9/6/07
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22marino+specogna%22&

Click that link and you will see one of the many posts I have put up about
Marino Specogna. Yet if you Google Group his name you will find none. Google
Groups isn't archiving these posts perhaps because of the subject matter.
Ever have this happen to you? This has happened to me before but I was able
to repost the material and it archived upon subsequent posting.

My original post on the subject is not even on Google anymore. You can find
my posts on this subject in van.general. If you can give me a contact at
Google who could explain this that would be great.

Blash

Sep 6, 2007, 5:20:34 PM9/6/07
greg...@yahoo.ca wrote on 9/6/07 3:29 PM:

I heard they stopped archiving posts where nobody gave a shit.......

Semper Libèr

Sep 6, 2007, 6:52:46 PM9/6/07

"Blash" <bla...@comcast.net> wrote in message

That would still be called censorship.... and yes, Google has been caught
censoring material.

Google's Gag Order:
An Internet Giant Threatens Free Speech
June 20, 2004
http://www.perrspectives.com/articles/art_gagorder01.htm

John Mayson

Sep 6, 2007, 9:49:20 PM9/6/07
On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Semper Libèr wrote:
>> I heard they stopped archiving posts where nobody gave a shit.......
>
> That would still be called censorship.... and yes, Google has been caught
> censoring material.

The OP mentioned a van.* newsgroup. Does Google even archive anything
other than the "big eight"? Also just because they don't archive
something doesn't make it "censorship". Yahoo doesn't archive any USENET
group. Are they censors also?

--
John Mayson <jo...@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Mary Jane Middleton

Sep 6, 2007, 11:49:47 PM9/6/07
> John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
> Austin, Texas, USA

Do not cross post so much please. This has nothing to do with stocks

van.general

Rob Maxwell
bc_va...@fastmail.ca
bc.admin.announce
Poated this Message-ID: <13djbfu...@news.supernews.com>
R Maxwell
6880 Finn Rd
Richmond, BC V7E 2H8
(604) 271-0270
Google has to much data on its server farm achieves, they want to free
up space and stop using e-mail address's for the posters, as the Sam
House's are farming them with bots for the spam lists and taking up a
pile of bandwidth up on the Net with spam.
Google.public.support.general is a spam alley with little or help to
the posters. There are FQA's in the group that explain at length about
Google.
Do an advanced search on newsgroup

Group Return only messages from the group at this location

google.public.support.general

with the exact phrase FAQ and you will dig it up and read it.

As far as I know, Google hasn't made an FAQ for this newsgroup, but
here's the unofficial FAQ maintained since 2004:

http://www.geocities.com/googlepubsupgenfaq/

Google achieves everything at the moment unless you request that it
not be achieved which I do. It only stays for six's then the post is
removed. If you want to know how to do this post to the group

yahoo does not censor at all(some) in the yahoo groups.They will shut
the group down if it has sexual or abusive content, so I guess they do
censorship of sort.

"big eight"?

The Big 7 (later the Big 8) are a group of newsgroup hierarchies
established after the Great Renaming, a restructuring of Usenet that
took place in 1987. These hierarchies are managed by the Big 8
Management Board. Groups are added through a process of nomination,
discussion, and voting.

The original seven hierarchies were comp.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*,
sci.*, soc.*, and talk.*. They were open and free for anyone to
participate in (except for the moderated newsgroups), though they were
subject to a few general rules governing their naming and
distribution.

In the mid-1990s, when Usenet traffic grew significantly, humanities.*
was introduced, and with the seven hierarchies created by the
Renaming, comprises today's so-called "Big 8".

Mission Statement
The Big-8 Management Board:

creates well-named, well-used newsgroups in the Big-8 Usenet
hierarchies;
makes necessary adjustments to existing groups;
removes groups that are not well-used; and
assists and encourages the support of a canonical Big-8 newsgroup list
by Usenet sites.

http://www.big-8.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

bozo's in van.general know nothing about all this they just call me
dum.

Mary Jane Middleton

Sep 7, 2007, 12:16:41 AM9/7/07
On Sep 6, 8:49 pm, Mary Jane Middleton <middle...@mail.org> wrote:

> > > That would still be called censorship.... and yes, Google has been caught
> > > censoring material.
>
> > The OP mentioned a van.* newsgroup. Does Google even archive anything
> > other than the "big eight"? Also just because they don't archive
> > something doesn't make it "censorship". Yahoo doesn't archive any USENET
> > group. Are they censors also?
>
> > --
> > John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
> > Austin, Texas, USA

Supplementary

More and more Usenet users are dumping Google all together. They are
kill filing all Google posters. See the link's and post below

http://improve-usenet.org

What is the Usenet improvement Project?
The Usenet Improvement Project is an attempt to make Usenet
participation a better experience for those who are clued as to what
the
Usenet medium is and how to use it.

Lamers
Most of the people who post to Usenet via the clunky Google Groups
web
interface are lusers or lamers. Because of their use of a clunky
Usenet
web interface (and all Usenet web interfaces suck - Usenet wasn't
designed for webification and does not need webification), they have
no
idea what Usenet is, how it works, or how to use it properly.

If these Google Groupers were using proper news clients, some of them
might have a chance at becoming clued themselves; but clinging to
Google
Groups prevents this. It doesn't help that the Google Groups
interface
(which grew out of the infamous beta of 2005, which as of August 2006
was reclassified as as non-beta) is now worse than their original
one.
Update, Spring 2007: That wasn't bad enough; now they've downgraded
further to another new version and it seems to be in a continual
state
of continued degradation.

Eternal September
Read this short paragraph on the Eternal September. Its relevance to
the
current problem is historical in that when AOL dropped their Usenet
connection in 2005 its members were emailed with the recommendation
become Google Groupers.

Spammers
Additionally, many Google Groupers are spammers. Take a closer look
at
the spam you see in Usenet, and note what a high proportion of it
originates with Google Groups. Certainly Google Groups isn't the only
source. Some news feeds block certain spam sources. Unfortunately,
they're not blocking Google Groups. Yet. With any luck, eventually
they
will wake up and take that step. Google doen't care that they're a
major
source of Usenet spam, so others will have to address that problem
for
them.

In Internet slang, a luser (sometimes expanded to local user; also
luzer
or luzzer) is a painfully annoying, stupid, or irritating computer
user.
[1] It is a portmanteau of "loser" and "user" and is usually
pronounced
as "loser".[2] The word luser is often synonymous with lamer. In
hackish, the word luser takes on a broader meaning, referring to any
normal user (in other words not a guru), especially one who is also a
loser. This term can also signify the user as a layman, as opposed to
power user or administrator; for example, end luser. This term is
very
popular with technical support staff who have to deal with lusers as
part of their job, often metaphorically employing a LART (Luser
Attitude
Readjustment Tool, or "clue-by-four").

The Jargon File states that word was coined around 1975 at MIT. Under
ITS, when a user first walked up to a terminal at MIT and typed
control-
Z to get the computer's attention, it printed out some status
information, including how many people were already using the
computer;
it might print "14 users", for example. Someone thought it would be a
great joke to patch the system to print "14 losers" instead. There
ensued a great controversy, as some of the users didn't particularly
want to be called losers to their faces every time they used the
computer. For a while several hackers struggled covertly, each
changing
the message behind the backs of the others; any time a user logged
into
the computer it was even money whether it would say "users" or
"losers".
Finally, someone tried the compromise "lusers", and it stuck. Later
one
of the ITS machines supported "luser" as a request-for-help command.
ITS
ceased to be used mid-1990, except as a museum piece; the usage lives
on, however, and the term "luser" is often seen in program comments
and
on Usenet. /lusers is also a common IRC command to get the number of
users connected to a server or network.

Groupers, Lamers and Stuff

http://improve-usenet.org/other.html

Rev Turd Fredericks

Sep 7, 2007, 1:46:12 AM9/7/07
Mary Jane Middleton wrote:

>>> That would still be called censorship.... and yes, Google has been caught
>>> censoring material.
>> The OP mentioned a van.* newsgroup. Does Google even archive anything
>> other than the "big eight"? Also just because they don't archive
>> something doesn't make it "censorship". Yahoo doesn't archive any USENET
>> group. Are they censors also?
>>
>> --
>> John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
>> Austin, Texas, USA
>
> Do not cross post so much please. This has nothing to do with stocks

And you crossposted the above to alt.2600 because???

--
"I pray that this event ends global warming
the same way that Live Aid ended world hunger"

Greg Carr

Sep 7, 2007, 3:07:31 AM9/7/07
On Sep 6, 3:52 pm, "Semper Libèr"
<nopolicestates?????Hj...@freedom4all.org> wrote:
> "Blash" <bla...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > gregpc...@yahoo.ca wrote on 9/6/07 3:29 PM:
> June 20, 2004http://www.perrspectives.com/articles/art_gagorder01.htm-

I remember that story from when it came out. Not my situation though. In my
case it is a regular ng post that for some reason was taken off the Google
archive. pMICi.117018$rX4.78219@pd7urf2no was the msg ID and a few ppl
commented on it but the original post isn't on Google. I'm not advertising
anything. I just did a Google for Marino Specogna and there were only two
listings neither of them mine. Yet an earlier search shows four listings two
of which are mine.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22marino+specogna%22&

Never had this happen before. Sometimes they can delay propogation for three
days and I did have a post about a deceased hooker disappear (Maria
Chouinard I think it was). Oh well I guess I will just put up a web site but
this censorship by organized crime doesn't bode well for the future of
Internet research and archiving via Google.
"Semper Libèr" <nopolicestates?????Hj...@freedom4all.org> wrote in message

Greg Carr

Sep 7, 2007, 3:09:59 AM9/7/07
Google claims to basically archive most of USENET and has done so for
van.general for yrs. Yahoo doesn't claim to archive USENET. That is their
right. Google should explain itself as to why this is going on.

"John Mayson" <jo...@mayson.us> wrote in message

Greg Carr

Sep 7, 2007, 3:12:33 AM9/7/07

"Rev Turd Fredericks" <turd...@catholic.org> wrote in message

Mary Jane Middleton wrote:

>>> That would still be called censorship.... and yes, Google has been
>>> caught
>>> censoring material.
>> The OP mentioned a van.* newsgroup. Does Google even archive anything
>> other than the "big eight"? Also just because they don't archive
>> something doesn't make it "censorship". Yahoo doesn't archive any USENET
>> group. Are they censors also?
>>
>> --
>> John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
>> Austin, Texas, USA
>
> Do not cross post so much please. This has nothing to do with stocks

Hence the OT at the beginning of the post. Marino Specogna is a fraud artist
with convictions for scams involving stocks and he is trying to get ppl to
invest in his bogus mining companies. Very on-topic in the case of
misc.invest.stocks. Like you have any money for investing.

Greg Carr

Sep 7, 2007, 3:29:50 AM9/7/07
Whatever meth head. Kf.

COLUMN: Penny ante hustler turns to gold stock

By David Baines
Vancouver Sun

Friday, August 31, 2007

CREDIT:
DAVID BAINES

"Gold - the noblest, most precious metal of all," states the introduction on
Valentine Mountain Gold Corp.'s corporate website.

"On Valentine Mountain, near Victoria, B.C., Canada, we have tremendous
amounts of visible gold in quartz veins. Prior exploration by third parties
identified 'quartz vein swarms' and these veins host spectacular visible
gold."

To finance development of the property, the company is proposing to sell 100
million shares at five cents each, for a total of $5 million. As an
inducement, investors who buy $150,000 or more "will receive personal
visible gold samples from the Valentine Mountain gold vein systems."

At some later date, the company will list on the dreadful OTC Bulletin Board
in the United States, when presumably investors will be able to turn their
paper into gold.

For further information, the company's website invites prospective investors
to call Efrem Specogna at a telephone number in Surrey.

This is odd, because 81-year-old Efrem Specogna lives in Nanaimo. The Surrey
number is, in fact, the home of his son, Marino Specogna, a stock promoter
of considerable notoriety.

In the early 1990s, while running a Vancouver Stock Exchange company called
Doromin Resources Ltd., Specogna distributed false assay reports to a broker
in Michigan, who circulated them back to Vancouver.

The stock, which was trading at $1.25, jumped 40 per cent, giving Specogna,
his father Efrem and mother Lucia the opportunity to divest themselves of
more than 30,000 shares at higher-than-normal prices.

The B.C. Securities Commission also found that Specogna, using at least 13
different accounts, dominated trading in the company's shares and employed
various manipulative techniques - including wash trading and high closing -
to artificially boost the share price, and failed to disclose any of these
trades in insider-trading reports.

"The market for Doromin shares was distorted by Marino Specogna and made
into a stage-managed performance," the commission said in a 1996 decision.

Marino was suspended from acting as an officer or director for any B.C.
reporting issuer for 20 years. Efrem was similarly suspended for four years,
and Lucia for one year.

Marino's suspension is still in effect, but it only applies to B.C.
reporting issuers. Valentine Mountain Gold is selling shares under an
exemption from B.C. registration requirements. It is not a reporting issuer
in B.C., and never will be if its shares are traded only on the bulletin
board, which is the plan.

Making the best of his suspension, Specogna wrote a book about his stock
market escapades, entitled A Convicted Stock Manipulator's Guide to
Investing.

"If there has ever been an expert in market manipulation and securities
fraud, it has to be me," he wrote in the book.

Specogna then proceeded to broaden his range of expertise. In addition to
stock fraud, he became an expert in GST fraud.

Federal Crown prosecutors alleged that from 1995 to 2001, he submitted
claims for GST refunds for $17 million worth of goods and services which he
claimed Doromin had spent on its exploration program.

But it was a ruse. Doromin didn't really incur these expenditures. In fact,
the company didn't even legally exist after 1999.

When Canada Revenue Agency investigators intervened, Specogna once again
turned to book publishing. The title was, Become A Winner Claiming
Thoroughbred Race Horses. Promotional material included a testimonial from
"Bobby D. of Las Vegas" who described the book as "amazing!!!"

But within months, he was heading to jail. In December 2005, a B.C. Supreme
Court jury convicted him of obtaining or attempting to obtain $348,258 in
illicit GST refunds. The prosecutor, noting that Specogna "never had what I
would call a straight job," asked for a prison term of 3 1/2 to four years.

In April 2006, Judge Bryan Ralph sentenced him to 2 1/2 years in jail, but
after only six months he was granted full parole. Now he is back hustling
penny stock of the lowest order.

Seed stock is one of the riskiest investments. It is not sold by way of
prospectus, so there is minimal disclosure. There is no requirement to
provide financial statements, so investors may not be able to track what
happens to their money. In many cases, the stock is never listed.

Over the years, I have talked to dozens of seed stock investors who have
been left with worthless certificates, or no certificates at all.

When I called the contact number for Valentine Mountain Gold, Marino
answered the phone. "No, no, it's my father's deal," he insisted. "I'm just
answering the phone for him."

But he has also been involved in lining up the mineral claims, and it is
clear he has bigger role than he is letting on.

Gold may be a noble metal, but Specogna is not.
dba...@png.canwest.com

© Vancouver Sun

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/business/story.html?id=1a92b657-ece0-43d9-a7bc-110c61010fe2&k=90015
Specogna, N
7371 147A St

Surrey, BC V3R 0A1

(604) 594-4502

in...@specognaminerals.com

This is the contact number for Valentine Mountain Gold Corporation
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:ln1lTHslUncJ:www.kitco.com/pr/2175/article_08302007204955.doc+604-594-4502&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=ca

250-753-7819 is the contact number of one of the companies that the Specogna
family are involved in. Mr. Baines has reported on Hell's Angels involvement
in the business community before and perhaps there is more to this story.

Specogna, E
1704 Centennary

Nanaimo, BC V9R 5K1

(250) 753-7819

Hmmmmm. Nanaimo has a Hell's Angels clubhouse and their one time club
president Michael Mickle disappeared never to be heard from again. This old
fraudster is 81 yrs old and his phone number has an 81 and HA likes to use
the number 81 and he is currently involved in a scam so I'm going to take
not much of a leap and say he is HA.

Someone posted in van.general recently complaining about the death of
investigative journalism in Canada and this individual and the Vancouver Sun
have broken stories on the Hell's Angelsand their involvement in seemingly
legitimate businesses. When is the last time Adbusters broke an
investigative story involving organized crime? Why should I pay ten dollars
for a glossy mag full of excellent photos I have seen before in the
mainstream media none of which have anything to do with local issues.

Anyways to get back to the main thrust of this thread the BC govt should
crack down on these fraudsters. AG Wally Oppal will be roasting departing
VPD chief Jamie Graham soon. Hope next time he is quoted in the media he
doesn't say he needs more time to research the issue.
Marino
Specogna lives in a nice home in a nice, quiet neighbourhood in the Newton
area of Surrey. He claims to be in the mining industry but the fact is in
his parking lot is a Hyundai 382-APT. and a Ford Ranger Sport P/U 8445-KJ
with drywall and bagged garbage. Since it has been noted in court that he
has never had an honest job it is likely he is working for cash in the
drywall business.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=197269585
is his website. It is interesting to note that his "friends" include open
homosexuals. Oh wait he has taken the Gay Sphinx photo away :-) I wonder why
:-). He claims to be reading his own book so he is either an ego maniac or
has a serious memory problem. His books can be bought through ebay for six
dollars. He has been involved in various frauds and has a few phony mining
operations trying to raise money and he is obviously into claiming race
horses and the track. Yet he doesn't own one. He is obviously in a permenant
cash crunch probably caused by his gambling losses and his legal bills plus
whatever extortion/protection he pays plus the usual bills ppl living a nice
lifestyle have. Hopefully Revenue Canada will audit the whole family.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------It
is interesting to note that my original post to van.general on this thread
has disappeared from Google groups. Guess the organized crime brains in HAMC
want the info not to be readily available. As usual I am impressed by your
technical dirty tricks department. In the past they managed to get pics
removed from an RCMP website.
http://groups.google.ca/group/van.general/browse_thread/thread/5c6875c8f4bc6d9/4f58d1f4f9a482e9?lnk=st&q=%22Angels%22+%2B%22RCMP%22+group%3Avan.general&rnum=25&hl=en#4f58d1f4f9a482e9
I have posted around 4 times about this drywaller/stock market
criminal Marino Specogna yet none of my posts show up if I do a search for
them. I just did one an hr ago and had one of the posts show up
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22marino+specogna%22& but the same
search just now showed none. Never encountered this in my many yrs of Google
and Dejanews experience.

In my
case it is a regular ng post that for some reason was taken off the Google
archive. pMICi.117018$rX4.78219@pd7urf2no was the msg ID and a few ppl

commented on it but the original post isn't on Google. I just did a Google

for Marino Specogna and there were only two
listings neither of them mine. Yet an earlier search shows four listings two
of which are mine.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22marino+specogna%22&

Never had this happen before. Sometimes they can delay propogation for three
days and I did have a post about a deceased hooker disappear (Maria
Chouinard I think it was). Oh well I guess I will just put up a web site but
this censorship by organized crime doesn't bode well for the future of
Internet research and archiving via Google.

Anyone know someone at Google I can complain to?

<gog...@weknowitall.org> wrote in message
> Try a post to the Goggle Newsgroups. General one, would get answered
> there better then in junky old van. General

Mary Jane Middleton

Sep 7, 2007, 9:20:02 AM9/7/07
Rev Turd Fredericks <turdfr...@catholic.org>

Asks

And you crossposted the above to alt.2600 because???

van.general, alt.true-crime, can.politics, alt.rock-n-roll.stones, alt.
2600, misc.invest.stocks, rec.gambling, alt.support.sleep-disorder,
alt.dreams
From: John Mayson <j...@mayson.usJohn Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
Austin, Texas, USA

Ask John Mayson he is the one that started the cross posting to
lta2600( kiddy dipper hacker home) as you see above. I was just
responding and in fact asked him not to do it. catholic. Seeing as I
was brought up Protestant and know what you duds did in Belfast fuck
off.

Nobody caes about Marino Specogna. Carr lost some money investing with
him, that is the only reason he goes on about him.That and the fact he
has a hard on for the HA's and crime in general. Google is dead.
People are dumping it in droves. Jion the Usenet improvement Project
http://improve-usenet.org
Kill file all google posters and that includes Carr. So who cares
whether anything is as acheived in Google. Google has to much data on

its server farm achieves, they want to free

up space as I stated before.

Mary Jane Middleton

Sep 7, 2007, 10:20:21 AM9/7/07
Marino Specognaas was not one of a kind. The whole of Hoxie (Howe)
Street had Promoters like this in the good old Social Credit Days.
There where hundreds of them. Daddy ( Mr. Shore: dead <sons antic
store still on Commercial> Got all his $$$$$ from Lue Goodstein owner
of the Seattle Race Course <sold her a lot>) was the one I used to
know. He lived in the International Plaza Towers in North Vancouver.
Vancouver Bc Ca International was known as a junior stock market for
the Mining Industry. People lost and made fortunes. People said the
Vancouver penny mining stock market was crooked. If was, but it
recreated hundreds of jobs for drillers and field workers who
explored and created $$$$$$$$$$'s for BC's natural recourses to be
explored , just like Marino Specognaas one of hundreds where doing
this, only he tried to cheat. After many complaints in the about late
90's the Stock Market was Amalgamated with the Alberta and Toronto
Stock Exchanges. I am not sure of the exact dates or facts. The
Superintended here in Vancouver Bc Ca,.we do not have an SEC like in
the USA, each Province has its own Superintendent, in each Province
and clamped down with a pile of prosecutions on Securities Violations
adn Violators. It still goes on today in 2007. During March, April,
May 2007 I was telemarketing for a stock promoter would had an
Exemption from the Superintendent and we did not have to be liceiced.
If you cold call for money you cannot call a household in BC, but you
can only call a business and talk to and do business with anybody
there. Employee or Owner. Marino Specognaas is small and old
potatoes.The Superintendent needs to go after the people who are
laundering drug money in the Market. The HA's do not get into the
Stock Market Rick Ciarniello told me. The original thread
was"OT:Anyone Else Having Problems With Google Groups Archiving
Options "Give me another beer Jenny. Just kill file Carr he is a
religious troll, anti homosexual, Mass Usenet poster. Calls anything
he does not like a methhead and will probably get his head kicked in
one day. Google is going down the tube jion Usenet Improvement Project
Marino Specognaas is a member of the HA;s I can tell you that.

PerfectReign

Sep 7, 2007, 10:23:22 AM9/7/07
on Thursday 06 September 2007 10:46 pm, someone posing as Rev Turd
Fredericks took a rock and etched into the cave:

> Mary Jane Middleton wrote:

>>> The OP mentioned a van.* newsgroup. Does Google even archive anything
>>> other than the "big eight"? Also just because they don't archive
>>> something doesn't make it "censorship". Yahoo doesn't archive any
>>> USENET
>>> group. Are they censors also?
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Mayson <j...@mayson.us>
>>> Austin, Texas, USA
>>
>> Do not cross post so much please. This has nothing to do with stocks
>>

> And you crossposted the above to alt.2600 because???

He/she/it probably wanted boobie pics.

--
www.perfectreign.com

Mary Jane Middleton

Sep 7, 2007, 10:30:01 AM9/7/07
> --www.perfectreign.com- Hide quoted text -

Nutty thread, but fun, and that is all what it is about, right? You
have to have a sense of humour, that religious Carr does not. Give me
another beer..

PerfectReign

Sep 7, 2007, 10:39:22 AM9/7/07
on Friday 07 September 2007 07:30 am, someone posing as Mary Jane Middleton

Wow, you're sounding like a true hacker!

Beer....boobie pix....squirrels...

...that is what life is truly about.

--
www.perfectreign.com

Hal S.

Sep 7, 2007, 12:56:07 PM9/7/07

"Greg Carr" <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> ------------------

And you ought to cease this disgusting crossposting.

John Mayson

Sep 7, 2007, 7:27:31 PM9/7/07
On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Greg Carr wrote:

> Google claims to basically archive most of USENET and has done so for
> van.general for yrs. Yahoo doesn't claim to archive USENET. That is their
> right. Google should explain itself as to why this is going on.

Yeah, but my point is they're under no obligation to archive anything.
You're free to start your own archive.

Alexander DeLarge

Sep 7, 2007, 7:40:17 PM9/7/07
John Mayson <jo...@mayson.us> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Greg Carr wrote:
>
> > Google claims to basically archive most of USENET and has done so for
> > van.general for yrs. Yahoo doesn't claim to archive USENET. That is their
> > right. Google should explain itself as to why this is going on.
>
> Yeah, but my point is they're under no obligation to archive anything.
> You're free to start your own archive.

Google is a corporation of course, who purchased Deja News' archives and
has continued to archive Usenet postings. As a result, they can choose
what to archive or not, but appear to archive all active text based
newsgroups. They even archived the "MI5" spam from that wingnut who has
been posting it in just about every group imaginable.

I've noticed how they've been having some troubles with their online Usenet
system over the past few months. Perhaps that's the root of the problem?

alt.2600,alt.support.sleep-disorder,alt.dreams crossposts removed.

Blash

Sep 7, 2007, 8:23:20 PM9/7/07
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Greg Carr wrote:
>
>> Google claims to basically archive most of USENET and has done so for
>> van.general for yrs. Yahoo doesn't claim to archive USENET. That is their
>> right. Google should explain itself as to why this is going on.

You should explain to Google that you pay them X dollars a year for these
archives and don't think that you're getting your moneys' worth......
Make sure you enclose copies of your checks.......

FrediFizzx

Sep 7, 2007, 9:13:54 PM9/7/07
"Blash" <bla...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Advertising, baby. We all pay for it in the price of products and
services we buy so in effect we all pay Google X dollars every day.

Fred

Alexander DeLarge

Sep 7, 2007, 9:32:24 PM9/7/07
Their system of advertising is well developed when it comes to the
sponsored ads. But it doesn't always work with perfection.

Try typing in "Global Warming Hockey Stick" where I live in Canada.

You get:

Global Warming
It's Getting Hot in Here.
Take Action Now!
www.earthday.ca

Hockey Sticks
Free shipping on $149.00 and up.
ice hockey skates, sticks, helmets
www.hockeymonkey.com

Stop Global Warming
You Can Make a Difference.
News, Search & Alerts to Learn How.
www.ClimateArk.org

Rev Turd Fredericks

Sep 7, 2007, 11:04:34 PM9/7/07

I don't care about your petty little faggot squabbles, just pointing out
the ridiculous irony of an idiot such as yourself crossposting a message
complaining about crossposting.

Greg Carr

Sep 8, 2007, 7:57:54 AM9/8/07
I don't like beer and I'm not into booby pics but I like squirrels so much I
bought 1kg of peanuts just to feed them.

"PerfectReign" <theperf...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> on Friday 07 September 2007 07:30 am, someone posing as Mary Jane
> Middleton
> took a rock and etched into the cave:
>
>> On Sep 7, 7:23 am, PerfectReign <theperfectre...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> on Thursday 06 September 2007 10:46 pm, someone posing as Rev Turd
>>> Fredericks took a rock and etched into the cave:

Greg Carr

Sep 8, 2007, 8:13:47 AM9/8/07
This is bizarre. I just searched the Google Web and one of my posts shows up
on the first page of results. But none of them show up on the groups search.
Ten minutes before several did.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=%22Marino%20Specogna%22&sa=N&tab=gw has
the web result.

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&q=%22Marino%20Specogna%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wg
shows none of my posts.

Yet this one shows many of my posts on this criminal.
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22marino+specogna%22&qt_s=Search
and it was taken ten minutes earlier.

Is this censorship by Google at the behest of HAMC?

Is this a hack?

Have I posted so much over the yrs someone at Google is just messing with me
for laughs <G>

The Google computer system just failing because they are too busy with
YouTube to care?

Oddly if I search the name Baines which appears in many of the posts these
all show up.

"Alexander DeLarge" <Alexande...@clockwork.com> wrote in message

Chom Noamsky

Sep 9, 2007, 12:46:26 AM9/9/07
"Greg Carr" <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

Maybe someone forgot to fill Google with the carbon paper.

Greg Carr

Sep 9, 2007, 2:07:11 AM9/9/07
:-)

http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&safe=active&q=%22marino%20specogna%22&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&sa=N&tab=wg
not one listing for Marino Specogna even though there are many posts about
him.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&safe=active&q=%22Baines%22%20%2B%22specogna%22&safe=active&qt_s=Search&sa=N&tab=gw
only shows one of many posts. Censorship or hacking is doing its job. <Sob>
<SOB>

"Chom Noamsky" <b...@t.me> wrote in message

Hal S.

Sep 9, 2007, 3:53:13 PM9/9/07

"Chom Noamsky" <b...@t.me> wrote in message
And maybe another idiot forgot about the rudeness of crossposting.

Hal S.

Sep 9, 2007, 3:54:23 PM9/9/07

"Greg Carr" <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
And another idiot troll forgets the rudeness of crossposting.

Greg Carr

Sep 9, 2007, 4:34:57 PM9/9/07
Set your kill-filter to delete anything with OT in the header. Yes this is a
top post reply which is something I don't care about.

http://www.slashinvestments.com/showthread.php?p=320699 has archived one of
the threads but a Google Web search of "Specogna"
+"www.slashinvestments.com" shows nothing. A Google Groups search of
www.slashinvestments.com shows nothing but there is at least one post on it.
Do you have an explanation of all this?

"Hal S." <h.sa...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Greg Carr

Sep 9, 2007, 4:37:11 PM9/9/07

"Hal S." <h.sa...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Of course Hal S. doesn't have an answer or explanation so he blames the
person asking the question. Putting OT in the header is the proper way to
cross-post and I OT cross-post less than 1/10th of 1% of the time. Enjoy the
rest of the weekend.