The rolly coaster continues

FrediFizzx

Aug 29, 2007, 5:35:31 PM8/29/07
Whooie! Is everyone having fun on this ride? ;-) Sheesh, I guess the
buyers came back from vacation early. Dang it; I was hopin' we would
drop a little bit more so I could buy cheaper. Well, it still might
happen.

Fred

qwest602000

Aug 29, 2007, 6:20:30 PM8/29/07

what a joke

uncle_vito

Aug 29, 2007, 10:25:49 PM8/29/07
"Well, it still might happen." I would say a definite. Monday and Tuesday
drops were not aberations. Bernanke steps on his foot on Friday and there
goes another drop. Only if Mr. B drops Fed Funds rates on Sept 18 will
folks have any chance of not thinking about recession caused by the subprime
mess which seems to be fixed (I think). Only sure bet will be great
earnings come reporting season. And that is a far way off. The runup today
and the meltdown on Tuesday means you can have whatever you want.

Vito

"FrediFizzx" <fredi...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Jerry

Aug 30, 2007, 8:59:50 AM8/30/07
Yeah, I'm surely not good at managing things in this type of market. I
totally have no idea how it will swing.

Jerry

lubow

Aug 30, 2007, 9:30:41 AM8/30/07
Wall Street returned from the Hamptons in early July. Shortest vacation in
Wall Street history.

--
Lubow

The Visitor

Aug 30, 2007, 11:08:45 AM8/30/07
It isn't fun. I am just sitting still. Oh the anguish! I was up 47
percent this year so far, but now only 10. Should have gone to cash when
the wife told me to. This was the best I did ever and it seemed like
nothing could dent things, I was so up.

When it looks stabillized, then I will start up again. But the wait is
killing me.

John

FrediFizzx

Aug 30, 2007, 1:07:15 PM8/30/07
Sheesh, if you are still up 10 percent that is probably way better than
most people are doing. But that is quite a drop. Sorry. We were only
up 7.9 percent YTD at the peak and are at 2.9 percent up now. Got a
little bit lucky and took some small profits right before the slide on
positions that were up more than 20 percent. Was doing some
re-allocation to shift more into global positions. Did a little bit of
buying on the downslide but am also holding right now myself. The
market definitely has gone a bit nuts from what we are used to. It's
just a bull market correction and will be over when it is over. MIght
last awhile so find something to do whilst waiting.

Fred

"The Visitor" <kfhgihgs...@dfgs.com> wrote in message

Dr Tormento

Aug 30, 2007, 2:24:11 PM8/30/07

Stock prices have become like the weather. If you don't like what you
got right now, wait 5 minutes. It'll change.

uncle_vito

Aug 30, 2007, 6:03:55 PM8/30/07
I am primarily long but have SPY puts. Hope it swings in a severe way. I
am going to cash for sure as each position goes positive and I will likely
ride the market back up with Mutual Funds come the end of year rally
hopefully beginning in Oct. Hope Mr Market has decided by then if there is
going to be a recession party. Otherwise this volatility will go on for a
while.

Expect Bernanke will say not much tomorrow and will be a big selloff before
the holiday weekend. I might unload my puts then but like having them for
'protection'

Down 25% in one account, but my 'buy and hope (hold)' financial advisor is
only down 7% and still holding a 5% gain for this year.

Trading individual stocks and options are fun but M. Funds are where you
want to be for consistent returns. Sigh....

These swings are insane and indicate either computer trading or morons going
wild with their brokerage accounts.

Vito

"Dr Tormento" <re...@togroup.com> wrote in message