Terror-free investment

simple_...@yahoo.com

Aug 2, 2007, 1:01:25 PM8/2/07
There are some 400 public companies that do business with terrorist-
sponsoring states. Many of these companies provide critical revenues
and advanced equipment and technology to these countries. In
addition, each of these European, Asian and U.S.-owned subsidiary
companies provides moral and political cover to the governments of
these countries, obscuring the fact that they are providing hard
currency, weapons, technology and safe harbor to terrorists.

Accordingly, DivestTerror.org does not differentiate among companies
operating in terrorist-sponsoring states. Until such time as these
countries discontinue their sponsorship of terrorism, it is our view
that no company, regardless of the scale of their operations, should
be willing to do business with them.

Regrettably, hundreds of multinational and American companies have, to
date, refused voluntarily to send this vital security message to the
terrorist-sponsoring governments. A dozen of these companies
exemplify the various ways in which this behavior is helping prop up
such governments and, thereby, enabling their ability to aid and abet
terrorism. (N.B. All of the information concerning the activities of
this illustrative "Dirty Dozen" was derived from publicly available
sources.).

Alcatel SA

BNP Paribas

ENI SPA

Hyundai

Lundin Petroleum

Oil & Natural Gas Corp.
PetroChina

Siemens AG

Statoil ASA

Stolt Nielsen

Technip Coflexip

Total SA

_____________________

sources:

http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/home.aspx?sid=56&categoryid=56&subcategoryid=57&newsid=11957

http://article.nationalreview.com/print/?q=MTMwOTk0MzFkNTJkNDI0YTliOTM0OTg4NTg4OTY4Y2U

PeterL

Aug 2, 2007, 1:27:42 PM8/2/07
On Aug 2, 10:01 am, "simple_langu...@yahoo.com"

<simple_langu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are some 400 public companies that do business with terrorist-
> sponsoring states. Many of these companies provide critical revenues
> and advanced equipment and technology to these countries. In
> addition, each of these European, Asian and U.S.-owned subsidiary
> companies provides moral and political cover to the governments of
> these countries, obscuring the fact that they are providing hard
> currency, weapons, technology and safe harbor to terrorists.

How about a list of companies that poisons the environment? Companies
that sell toxic products to customers? Companies that manufacture
arms that are sold to all kinds of legal and illegal governments in
the world?

I think that just about covers 80% of all publicly traded companies.