Gold

d.

Aug 9, 2007, 3:42:41 PM8/9/07
"People are selling gold to raise dollars. It's a classic
risk-aversion trade," said John Reade, head of metals strategy at UBS
Investment Bank."

http://www.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUSL0922638220070809

Maybe it's more a case of selling the good to protect the bad?

d.

Aug 9, 2007, 3:53:17 PM8/9/07
d...@noospam.com (d.) wrote:

Within a couple of minutes of posting this, Cramer comes on CNBC and
says it's because of deflationary fears. Hmmm........could be. But I
still think it's mainly cashing in winners to cover loses. Oil too.
If we get deflation the Fed will definitely lower rates and the dollar
will fall.

FrediFizzx

Aug 9, 2007, 3:17:07 PM8/9/07
"d." <d...@noospam.com> wrote in message

The FED ain't gonna cut rates anytime soon. The government is going to
have to step up to the plate and help homeowners in trouble some other
way.

Fred

ynotssor

Aug 9, 2007, 3:30:10 PM8/9/07
In news:5i17jpF...@mid.individual.net,
FrediFizzx <fredi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The FED ain't gonna cut rates anytime soon. The government is going
> to have to step up to the plate and help homeowners in trouble some
> other way.

Provide FEMA trailers?

omega2007

Aug 10, 2007, 1:37:34 AM8/10/07