Top Ten Stock Picking Game End of Month Results 7/2007

lubow

Jul 31, 2007, 9:33:44 PM7/31/07

TENGASCO INC 2.86
DIGITAL POWER CP 30.00
IVANHOE ENERGY IN 45.19
VICON INDS INC 222.91
Total 17.53

--Lubow.

lubow

Jul 31, 2007, 10:06:15 PM7/31/07
Forgot the explanations, so here they are:

(1) All positions are long except for Aeronaut who is all short
(2) All participants started close of business 12/29/06 except Aeronaut who
started on 5/24/2007
(3) All dividends are reinvested if long, deducted from total portfolio
value if short.

And one more thing:

Congrats to our pal Ausound for another outstanding month in the wake of a
jittery stock market!

And...
If the usual meaningless, cowardly little man writes these results are
stupid, I invite him to spend the evening entertaining his pathetic,
miserable, sociopathic self. He can then run up his annoyance meter on
the people who are more closely attuned to his interests like those in the
alt.misc.lonely,old.men.in.the.park.feeding.pigeons newsgroup.

--
Lubow
"lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote in message

-=DirtBag©

Jul 31, 2007, 10:35:52 PM7/31/07
Looks like the "Usual Suspects" are riding the crest of the 'double digit'
wave once again...
Ben Sharvy, Jacque, Shhhh, Aero.. not bad considering.. Don Tiberon got
crushed by Rentech -45%and Unor -40% . The rest were quite respectable..
Comics.. You got plowed by Digital Angel -47% and Rait -67% really put a
fork in you. Ouch! Call a medic.. <smile>

Congratulations to all of you.. Your all brave to post and I salute you..

-Dirt

com...@webtv.net

Aug 1, 2007, 12:33:37 AM8/1/07
heck i should have just put in my "lock of the year 10 times in
row.....

" YOU ARE EITHER WITH US, OR AGAINST US "

Trailer Trash

Aug 1, 2007, 8:16:29 AM8/1/07

" REMEMBER THE ALAMO "

Lubow

Aug 1, 2007, 9:12:22 AM8/1/07
On Jul 31, 10:35 pm, "-=DirtBag©" <dirt...@dirty.net> wrote:
> Looks like the "Usual Suspects" are riding the crest of the 'double digit'
> wave once again...
> Ben Sharvy, Jacque, Shhhh, Aero.. not bad considering.. Don Tiberon got
> crushed by Rentech -45%and Unor -40% . The rest were quite respectable..
> Comics.. You got plowed by Digital Angel -47% and Rait -67% really put a
> fork in you. Ouch! Call a medic.. <smile>
>
> Congratulations to all of you.. Your all brave to post and I salute you..
>
> -Dirt

Thanks, DB. I really appreciate the nice words. And yes, everyone
has at least one pick that exceded 20% YTD.

In case there is any confusion, this game is based on the rules set by
Louis Rukeyser which includes reinvested or deducted (if short)
dividends. The only change is that I asked for ten stocks (Aeronaut
gave us more, but that's ok). where Rukeyser had required four
investments.

I selected ten stocks because I did not want to see someone win this
game based on one good (or lucky) pick which was usually the case in
the Rukeyser contests and appears to be an issue in the CNBC game.

When we start again in December, I'll ask around if anyone wants to
reduce the minimum to four.

Bill Reid

Aug 1, 2007, 10:07:26 AM8/1/07

Trailer Trash <Olne...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> " REMEMBER THE ALAMO "

" TIPPIECANOE AND TYLER TOO "

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 714

Trailer Trash

Aug 1, 2007, 12:07:55 PM8/1/07
" A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage "

Lubow

Aug 1, 2007, 4:22:22 PM8/1/07
"I'm a uniter, not a divider"

--Lubow

carolyn

Aug 1, 2007, 8:54:32 PM8/1/07
you're

carolyn

Aug 1, 2007, 8:55:55 PM8/1/07
"0000000000....I've tried to kill you. But you just had to be little
johnny live a lot didnt you?"

Monty Burns

ausound

Aug 2, 2007, 4:02:06 AM8/2/07
"lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote in news:YpRri.3093$6f4.1911
@trndny01:

don't want to make you do any extra laps around the track lubow, but
what would the outcomes be like if you threw out the top & the bottom and
averaged the remaining 8 stocks of the contestants?

for aero you'd toss out the 2 top 2 bottom?

you don't havta if you don' wanna

and full disclosure: I havn't a clue as to what the results will be

com...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2007, 6:06:16 PM8/2/07
"are you better off today than you were 4 years ago ?"

com...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2007, 6:05:11 PM8/2/07
i like the ten stock contest as opposed to a four stock contest.

com...@webtv.net

Aug 2, 2007, 6:13:19 PM8/2/07
"we who are about to die , salute you"

lubow

Aug 2, 2007, 7:37:36 PM8/2/07
> don't want to make you do any extra laps around the track lubow, but
> what would the outcomes be like if you threw out the top & the bottom and
> averaged the remaining 8 stocks of the contestants?
>
> for aero you'd toss out the 2 top 2 bottom?
>
> you don't havta if you don' wanna
>
> and full disclosure: I havn't a clue as to what the results will be

Comics -7.69%
Ausound -3.41
Don Tiberone -0.10
Aeronaut 3.79
Shhhh 5.07
Jacques 7.39
Lubow 11.17
Ben Sharvy 12.20

--
Lubow

Bill Reid

Aug 2, 2007, 8:47:07 PM8/2/07

<com...@webtv.net> wrote in message

> "are you better off today than you were 4 years ago ?"
>
> " YOU ARE EITHER WITH US, OR AGAINST US "

" 54-40 OR FIGHT "

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 716

ausound

Aug 4, 2007, 2:04:52 PM8/4/07
"lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote in

could we have the symbols of ben sharvey's picks pleeze?

lubow

Aug 4, 2007, 7:54:09 PM8/4/07
AMLJ.OB A M L COMMUN INC 38.89
AET AETNA INC. NEW 11.35