$819 worth of business

ausound

Aug 28, 2007, 8:41:09 PM8/28/07
GCOG.OB $819 worth of business
up one on hundreth of a cent

GCOG.OB 3:53PM ET 0.0009 +0.0001 +12.50% 8,195,488

lubow

Aug 29, 2007, 12:08:27 AM8/29/07
Are you going to swap out of VII to get a position in GCOG?

I understand these shares are going to zoom, since reid and wald are engaged
in a proxy battle for control.

--
Lubow
"ausound" <aus...@spambog.com> wrote in message

-=DirtBag©

Aug 29, 2007, 11:33:06 AM8/29/07
SO many zeros ( including Reid and Wald ) in this stock that I cant even do
the math..

I saw a guy working out of his car yesterday with his dashboard full of
receipts and his adding machine and pencils.. fast food containers.. I
looked closely thinking perhaps this was the CEO working on GCOG's latest
project....

"lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote in message

-=DirtBag©

Aug 29, 2007, 11:41:30 AM8/29/07
I should appligise to Wald. He is not the zero Reid is...
Sorry Bob. Least you can take a joke... and are good natured about this
goofy stock....
Are all your screws tightened down <smile>

-DirtBall

"-=DirtBag©" <dir...@dirty.net> wrote in message

Bill Reid

Aug 30, 2007, 10:26:20 AM8/30/07

> -DirtBall

This raises an interesting question: just how much dope would a
doper have to smoke to forget his own name, taking into consideration
he actually "copyrighted" his name?

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 771

Bill Reid

Aug 30, 2007, 10:26:31 AM8/30/07

ausound <aus...@spambog.com> wrote in message

> GCOG.OB $819 worth of business

> up one on hundreth of a cent

HCTL $517.44 worth of business
down 16 cents

> GCOG.OB 3:53PM ET 0.0009 +0.0001 +12.50% 8,195,488

HCTL 0.84 9:38AM -0.16 -16.00% 0.84 0.84 616

This is a big day for HCTL, yesterday it didn't trade a single
share...it may even manage to trade as many shares as DPW
did yesterday:

DPW $4205 worth of business
up 3 cents

DPW 1.45 +0.03 +2.11% 2,900

Let's see, with my trading rule of not buying more than 1% of
the average daily trading volume, I could have bought $42.05 worth
of DPW yesterday, and made $0.887255 as my reward for
risking so much of my net worth...

I guess the finest satire here really DOES fly right over the
heads of the people being satirized...

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 773

-=DirtBag©

Aug 30, 2007, 1:02:40 PM8/30/07

"Bill Reid" <horme...@happyhealthy.net> wrote in message

> -=DirtBag© <dir...@dirty.net> wrote in message
>
>> -DirtBall
>
> This raises an interesting question: just how much dope would a
> doper have to smoke to forget his own name, taking into consideration
> he actually "copyrighted" his name?

I missed you Bill.
I knew if I tossed out a good lure you would take the bait.. Fortunatly I
catch and release. <s> So back into the post pond for you my wiggly little
catch of the day.. Someday you will be know as Ol'Bill and my grandchildren
will likely hear the stories of how big of ass*ole you have become and toss
their baited hooks into the post pond and see if they too can catch Ol'Bill.

-DirtBag© <- fisher-of-men

Bill Reid

Aug 30, 2007, 9:11:28 PM8/30/07

> "Bill Reid" <horme...@happyhealthy.net> wrote in message
> > -=DirtBag© <dir...@dirty.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> -DirtBall
> >
> > This raises an interesting question: just how much dope would a
> > doper have to smoke to forget his own name, taking into consideration
> > he actually "copyrighted" his name?
> >
> I missed you Bill.

Lucky me! I was taught by my parents to run away from
disgusting old sexual predators, so you'll never get me!

> I knew if I tossed out a good lure you would take the bait..

Your life is a full, rich, rewarding one...

> Fortunatly I
> catch and release. <s>

Can you do that with anal herpes?

> So back into the post pond for you my wiggly little
> catch of the day.. Someday you will be know as Ol'Bill and my
grandchildren
> will likely hear the stories of how big of ass*ole you have become and
toss
> their baited hooks into the post pond and see if they too can catch
Ol'Bill.

So you plan on telling your grandchildren about how you troll the
Internet for gay sex like a Republican senator in an airport restroom?
Maybe your children will relay the tales of your search for male tail
first, since I'm sure they're bursting with pride about Dad's numerous
brilliant "lifestyle" choices...

> -DirtBag© <- fisher-of-men

Yup, I KNEW that somebody had to stoop to the level of "JBoatFake"
in his financially-strapped absence...

Maybe you could help me out here, cuz I'm really curious about
something. I read about that Republican senator in the airport men's
room, and I couldn't make head or tails out of it, and maybe you as a
member of that "community" could clarify it for me.

I mean, what the hell is that stuff about "foot tapping"? How the
hell does that whole scene work anyway? Who made up these
"signals", and how are they communicated amongst you people so
there is no confusion?

What happens if some guy just has "restless leg syndrome"?
Next thing he knows, a "DirtBag" jumps over the stall wall and
clamps onto him like a remora?

I'm not sure if I've ever tapped my foot in the bathroom per se,
but maybe I've done some stuff that might be misconstrued that
way...I mean, sometimes I'm kind of propelling up and down and
screaming "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I'LL NEVER EAT
FOUR BAGELS FOR BREAKFAST EVER AGAIN!!!" and
maybe my feet twitch a LITTLE while the sweat pours off me and
the steam comes out my ears...

So maybe as a public service to concerned heterosexual public
restroom users out there you could clue us in as to the exact "protocol"
so we can avoid unwanted contact with the police, "DirtBag"s,
"JBoatFake"s, "John The Visitor"s, and Republican senators...

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 774

DirtBag

Sep 3, 2007, 2:33:07 PM9/3/07

"Bill Reid" <horme...@happyhealthy.net> wrote in message

Billy 'boy' Reid are you queer? I sense you have some tendency towards it
with this post.. Or are you simply trying to cultivate some more
negativity as you generally seem prone to doing. It is too bad your mother
did not teach you how to play nice.. It is my guess you slept in her bed far
beyond the normal age. Anyway, it is none of my business. Hope your
Holiday is nice and your not so frustrated where your jerk yourself raw...
maybe your Mama has some lotion for you... <g>

-DirtBag (c)

lubow

Sep 3, 2007, 6:26:47 PM9/3/07
>Or are you simply trying to cultivate some more negativity as you generally
>seem prone to doing.

DB, there's no shortage of sociopathic alcoholics on the net. Just our luck
such an individual trolls around these parts. The best thing is to hit the
iggie button.

If you are using Outlook Express, it's easy to iggie! Highlight the
psycho's last post, then:

Message --> Block Sender

As you can see hardly anyone responds to the sociopath's diatribes which
means we're making progress on our scumbag eradication plan. With a little
luck, the creep will find a 12 step program or a detox tank to keep this
individual busy.

--
Lubow

DirtBag

Sep 3, 2007, 11:10:27 PM9/3/07

"lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote in message
You are correct Lubow in that Billy is fast loosing it. The alcohol factor
just became clear when you mentioned it. He does appear to get testy and
nasty... I have seen it before.. I guess I gave him more credit than I
should.. Attacking in a rambling and nonseseful manner.. Once he just
corrected my spelling errors... Now it seems he is lashing out at about
anything...Perhaps the behavior shown him as a youngster.. If not by his
mother, then it is likely by his father who berated him and placed the pain
in him. I have Outlook Express and know how to use the "plonking" feature
in it.. Only Bill needs the attention and I am game unless he starts
correcting my 'speeling' with red checks.. Because this really gets me mad.
<g>

Hope your holiday is going well. I am enjoying a little wine trip with
Ms.Fit. and using my trusty laptop which can't get the (c) copyright
thingy right...

Check out the movie, "Ladrón que roba a ladrón" if you want to see a really
good movie. Subtitled but clear and one of the best movies of the year...
IMO

Hey Bill.. I know your reading this.. Go check out the movie.. You
will enjoy it. Subtitles and all unless solo si habla espanol. It will put
a smile on you..

-DirtBag (c)

Lubow

Sep 4, 2007, 12:47:27 PM9/4/07
>Subtitles and all unless solo si habla espanol. It will put
> a smile on you..
>
> -DirtBag (c)

DB, don't mention anything Spanish. the sociopath in question will
brand you a "racist." In a way it's kind of strange for the biggest
hatemonger on the Usenet (he hates everyone) to label others as
"racist."

> Hope your holiday is going well. I am enjoying a little wine trip with
> Ms.Fit. and using my trusty laptop which can't get the (c) copyright
> thingy right...

Funny you should mention Cali wines. Mrs. L and I are planning for
our next summer. We're going to attend the 2008 Linux West at the
Mosconi Center (around the third week in August) then combine that
with a tour onboard the famous Wine Train.

If there is one thing Mrs. L and I love it's SF and those incredible
trees up the northern Cali coast. After the '06 Linux West show, we
drove north to Ft. Bragg (CA, not NC) and boarded the famous Skunk
Train. It was a blast. I'm sure the Wine Train will be just as
great.

--Lubow.

OpEd

Sep 4, 2007, 5:30:40 PM9/4/07

"DirtBag" <di...@sonic.net> wrote in message

Truly guys, I cannot see your problem with Bill Reid. I guess you are
irritated that he has skewered you on occasion.

My own (reading) experience is that he is generally right on the money
logically. I certainly hope he will continue to post here. You don't have
to agree with everything he says, but for my part I certainly give a lot of
credence to what he says.

FWIW, Reid and Blash are my favorite posters here. They don't easily suffer
morons.

OpEd

Lubow

Sep 4, 2007, 6:45:38 PM9/4/07

You are free to read whatever you want, even if your opinions are
different from most people.

I just have a problem with drunks, psychos and sociopaths. You know,
the lunatics that need attention so badly that they make up and print
fictitious trades just to impress the impressionable. One of those
persons mentioned does not need to impress anybody with phony, made-up
trades. I am sure his lifetime of trading speaks for itself.
However, there are persons who certainly have this need.

To be specific, One such person posted a series of "forex trades" that
were time stamped at least five minutes after the trade was allegedly
made. What made it so hilarious and sad at the same time is that
nobody cared and nobody paid attention.

And since nobody really cared, the person in question took the next
step by acting-out and name calling like a six year old. To a sick
mind, even negative attention is better than no attention. I really
doubt there is much that can be gleaned from an individual with so
many problems, all of which appear to be self-created, unless you
enjoy sifting for some crumbs of intelligence in the diatribes of a
troubled person.

-- Lubow

OpEd

Sep 4, 2007, 7:16:37 PM9/4/07

"Lubow" <dynami...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I assume that the "forex trades" person you mention was Reid? Sorry, if so,
that's before I lurked here. I haven't been here too long. However, I was
impressed by his responses in the "price/volume" thread that went down here
not too far back. He's probably not fun for those that are "full of
themselves." That wouldn't apply to you would it?
OpEd

Blash

Sep 4, 2007, 8:15:51 PM9/4/07
OpEd wrote on 9/4/07 7:16 PM:

> Sorry, if so,
> that's before I lurked here. I haven't been here too long.

You've missed all the fun......we've had a couple "headcases" here that
make the Reid/Lubow exchanges look like teen-age foreplay(lots of groping
around & nothing really accomplished)......
The "headcases" made such fools of themselves one thing always came to
mind:
²Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything and you
can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.²......

lubow

Sep 4, 2007, 9:19:42 PM9/4/07
>He's probably not fun for those that are "full of themselves." That
>wouldn't apply to you would it?

What really counts around here is if you make money with your picks, not how
well you can quote a probability text or how many times you call someone a
moron. That's another way of saying, "Put up or shut up."

Go through the Usenet reading the weekly or monthly results of our stock
picking contest. We play using the same rules that the 30 analysts used on
Louis Rukeyer's Wall $treet Week. The rules are simple. We pick ten stocks
(Aeronaut picked 14) on the last day of trading in 2006. All dividends are
reinvested if long, deducted if short. On the last trading day in December,
2007 we see whose portfolio had the greatest average gain.

Among the eight competitors I've never been the best, but very few have been
better. Don't take my word for it. See for yourself. Then ask yourself why
did your self-proclaimed genius refrain from entering the competition? The
alleged genius said the game is, "stupid."

That means Rukeyser and his thirty analysts were stupid. It means eight
people here who put their reputations on the line are stupid. He called it,
"stupid."

I call it, "Money talks, bullshit walks."

And in case you're interested, I had owned all ten of those stocks I
selected at the beginning of the competition, so at least in my case, there
are no hypothetical trades.

--
Lubow

DirtBag

Sep 5, 2007, 12:48:44 AM9/5/07

"Lubow" <dynami...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I was born in Mendocino County and took the skunk train every few weeks to
see my aunt and uncle in Foirt Bragg as a kid. The Napa wine train is
great you will have a blast. You have to see Marin if you are north of the
GG Bridge. We can talk private about this.

DirtBag

Sep 5, 2007, 1:35:02 AM9/5/07

"OpEd" <oped...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I have never had a issue with Blash. He is witty and clever and I love his
sarcasm.. He reads people well and often is helpful.. When I read his Arnold
Glickson posts.. I pay attention. He is a fixture here. I have respect for
him...I have even seem him a Reid give interesting exchanges I have learned
from. I don't really mind Reid. He is childish but obviously educated..
But honestly he appears to have some issues that go beyond attention.. I
could care less really.. he seems to have lost his edge to me... I can take
it and I can hand it out so it matters not to me.. It is generally a weekend
thing. Gives us a chance to be creative and nasty... I don't mean to sound
like a ass*hole to others. I think the regulars are kind of amused as to
where it might go each weekend. "Bill is a second rate ass*ole with a first
rate education. But I don't despise him or anyone.. It is not my nature and
really is not healthy to let it get personal... Bill seems ok with it. I
don't think he is suffering from it.. Mikey are you suing anyone this week?
<s> It would be interesting if Bill would post his picks in the contests
though as this is about investing.. Lubow is right in that there is a time
to put up or shut up. If Bill is any good as he claims to be he would post
his picks like others who sort know their stuff.. Lubow does. He is not
afraid of placing his ego on the line. Win or loose. Bill just ridicules..
calling it stupid and dumb. Now THAT IS childish.. Come on Bill post a few
picks and show us what you got.. Maybe you can gain some respect back... Put
up or shut it off. At some point you have to realize you look foolish....

-DirtBag(c)

OpEd

Sep 5, 2007, 4:17:14 PM9/5/07

"lubow" <lu...@lubow-industries.com> wrote in message
Mr. Lubow,

My complaint with you regarding Reid is that you called him lots of bad
names that I won't repeat here, and essentially called for a boycott of
reading his posts. Yet, as far as I can see from reading his stuff, this is
completely undeserved. I might call Reid a *curmudgeon* but I would go no
farther than that. Indeed, as I have said, I find his posts very much
to-the-point and quite informative. That he calls your contest *stupid* I
believe is simply because that (contest) stock picking style does not match
his own. Let me say that I do not know Mr. Reid nor anything about him other
than his recent posts. I just found myself annoyed that you used this forum
to personally vilify him, when to my mind it was totally undeserved based on
his postings.

OpEd

Lubow

Sep 5, 2007, 5:42:55 PM9/5/07

Let's get one thing straight. This is about stock picking. That's
why the newsgroup is called, "stocks."

It's not about spelling. It's not about punctuation. It's not even
about probability, group or set theory. Those who choose to
contribute to the newsgroup pick stocks. Mr. Comics picks stocks.
Ms. Carolyn picks options. Mr. Ausound picks stocks. Ben Sharvy
picks stocks. Shhhh picks stocks. Mr. Tiberone picks stocks and
supplies us with data he thinks is important That's what we do. We
attempt to help each other. What does your guy pick besides his nose?

You tell us his style would not be compatible with our stock picking
game. What style is that? Is it the style of posting fictitious
trades after the prices are known? If that's his style, you're
right. The stock picking contest is not for him.

Apparently, his style is sufficient to insult seven of the eight
contestants with obscene names because their results in the game were
not up to his "standards" or whatever the hell the voices told him to
write.

One more time. If this person wants to be critical of our friends and/
or associates who risk this kind of ridicule, it's time to put up or
shut up. Here in MIS our interest is in making money. So far, I've
gotten fantastic advice from Ausound, Tiberone and John the Visitor.
And, yes, Mr. Comics and I are in agreement about going long on
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool. I read their stuff, I did my due diligence
and I made money.

Can you say the same for your alleged genius?

That's ok. It's inevitable that one day that person will call YOU an
moron and perhaps then you will better understand the folks who post
in this newsgroup.

-- Lubow

Trailer Trash

Sep 6, 2007, 11:33:39 AM9/6/07
FWIW, Reid and Blash are my favorite posters here. They don't easily
suffer morons.
        OpEd

You're in luck, since they're new BFF

Bill Reid

Sep 6, 2007, 9:46:08 PM9/6/07

Lubow <dynami...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Man, talk about kicking a guy when he's down! "JBoatFake" apparently
had a tiny amount of shore leave recently (saw about two posts from him),
and you lambast him like this! For no effin' reason, either, what the hell
did
he ever do to you?!!??!!

Cold!!!

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 776

Bill Reid

Sep 6, 2007, 9:46:20 PM9/6/07

> "Lubow" <dynami...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You are free to read whatever you want, even if your opinions are
> > different from most people.
> >
> > I just have a problem with drunks, psychos and sociopaths. You know,
> > the lunatics that need attention so badly that they make up and print
> > fictitious trades just to impress the impressionable. One of those
> > persons mentioned does not need to impress anybody with phony, made-up
> > trades. I am sure his lifetime of trading speaks for itself.
> > However, there are persons who certainly have this need.
> >
> > To be specific, One such person posted a series of "forex trades" that
> > were time stamped at least five minutes after the trade was allegedly
> > made. What made it so hilarious and sad at the same time is that
> > nobody cared and nobody paid attention.
> >
> > And since nobody really cared, the person in question took the next
> > step by acting-out and name calling like a six year old. To a sick
> > mind, even negative attention is better than no attention. I really
> > doubt there is much that can be gleaned from an individual with so
> > many problems, all of which appear to be self-created, unless you
> > enjoy sifting for some crumbs of intelligence in the diatribes of a
> > troubled person.
>
> I assume that the "forex trades" person you mention was Reid?

No, that's the most hilarious thing..."Lowbrow" is just taking his
cue from a guy last year who posted a bunch of fake Forex trades
to try to impress a female poster, and went completely beserk on
my ass for little to no reason other than I made a little joke that his
"trades" weren't working out very well.

After a few dozen KB of vulgar tirades, I felt it only right to also
point out that his trades were not only losing money, but were obviously
being posted up to 10 hours AFTER the best possible prices for the trades
had occurred, though he kept claiming they were "real time", because he
would manually type in a phony timestamp into the body of the post that
was much different than the actual NNTP timestamp! Then he REALLY
went "psycho", up to and including not very veiled threats of physical
violence against me...

Now, "Lowbrow" decided to go beserk on me because I corrected
him factually about four times over the course of about nine months.
He was clearly getting more and more steamed with every correction,
and then I went and did it: I corrected him on his oft-stated incorrect
assertion that the NYSE specialists never stopped trading during the
market crash of 1987. I backed up my correction with some quotes
from some books (including Pulitzer-prize winners) and web links,
and insanely enough he said I "plagiarized" the material, while at the
same refusing to acknowledge that they proved his statements to
be wrong.

I think what happened was he saw the torrent of abuse that "JBoatFake"
heaped on me, and decided he wanted in on that kind of "fun" too. I
took my usual three-week vacation around the end of last year, and
when I got back I saw literally DOZENS of sputtering posts from
"Lowbrow" spewing hate at me...since then he has amusingly scorned
me for no topical reason in about half of his posts, while at the same
time constantly lying about having kill-filed me...

In any event, both of them would be just kind of harmless funny
old jerks if it weren't for the fact that they've both managed to cross
pretty well-defined legal lines with their insane rants...I HAVE had
to "contact the authorities" about both of them...

> Sorry, if so,
> that's before I lurked here. I haven't been here too long. However, I was
> impressed by his responses in the "price/volume" thread that went down
here
> not too far back.

Gee, you should see me on a good day...I hardly even bother any more.
I'm about ready to abandon the group to the spammers, which is its destiny,
like so many others, as Usenet degrades from a forum for discussions by
scientists and engineers into an electronic baby-sitter for the mentally ill
and/or terminally unemployed...

> He's probably not fun for those that are "full of
> themselves." That wouldn't apply to you would it?

Definitely there are self-esteem issues involved..."Lowbrow" is only
here to try to "impress" people, and reacts violently if he is questioned
or God forbid mocked in any way...he's an admitted liar that will say
anything to get attention, with a self-proclaimed autobiography that
is actually quite impressive, if only for its many absurdly conflicting
employment claims...

Here's a reprint of a one of the about four posts that drove him to
this frenzy of hate; after this one, he actually wrote a hate-filled post
challenging me to a "trading shoot-out", then cancelled it (I was able
to retrieve it from Google(TM) anyway), then choked out an insincere
post thanking me "for the information"...this was my first clue that he
had severe self-control issues:

From: Bill Reid <horme...@happyhealthy.net>
Subject: Re: "Bulls may hear the call" AKA "The losses will be washed"
Date: Saturday, March 25, 2006 3:34 PM

First off, I'd like to thank you (NOT!) for posting in HTML;
however, I might be able to manually quote the small amount of
text I need to reply to...

lubow <lu...@covad.net> wrote in message

> >This
> > laughable, farce of an "investment" mechanism drops 38 points one day,
> > and miraculously soars 81 the next....

> Can you tell us at what point in history this was not true? The best
predictor
> of how the market will do today is to look at yesterday's results.

It is? That's the BEST predictor you got?

> If the Dow Industrial Average was down yesterday it will probably
> (about 55% certainty) be up today.

Hmmmm, this is what I get:

DJIA 1915 - 2002
Effect of -1.000% result previous 1 days on next 1 days
Correlation of results to previous results: -0.0457
Average result: -0.0308% for the test periods
1270 (49.36%) up, 1247 (48.46%) down, 56 (2.18%) unchanged
Compared to all periods of 1 days in test time frame -
Average result: +0.0289%
11310 (51.35%) up, 10189 (46.26%) down, 528 (2.40%) unchanged

So instead of the "55%" up days following a "down day", the truth is
that if the DJIA falls 1% or more in a day, you actually have a slightly
DECREASED chance of the DJIA rising the next day (49.36%)
compared to ANY random day (51.35%), and actually would lose
money overall, compared to making a teensy amount just buying the
DJIA (actually now the DIA ETF) for a day AT RANDOM.

> That's how I make money daytrading.

Then you must not make much. Or rather, you manage to only
LOSE about 5%-10% a year, as long as you're "lucky"...

> I know if a stock is down today, it will probably be up tomorrow.

Well, you said the DJIA, individual stocks MIGHT be a little different
(like maybe even worse), but I wouldn't bet my life savings on it...

> Sometimes I'm wrong, but I'm right most of the time.

Well, you were just plain wrong in your assertion about the DJIA.
Even if you were right, you're talking about pretty teensy advantages
there, which are completely overshadowed by "variance".

If you are really daytrading using some strategy like this, the typical
pattern is to "get lucky" for a while, think that you've got the game
"beat",
then "all of sudden" hit an "unexpected" series of big losers that wipe
you out. For real-life examples, read this group, particularly around
early 2000, back when there were still a few deluded but HONEST
posters...

> What you need to understand is what is the purpose of the stock market.
> The purpose of the stock -- or commodities -- market is to facilitate
trade.
> If prices are not changing, there is no need to hold auctions, trade does
> not get facilitated and there would be no need for a market.
> Simple as that.

Wow, I never knew...and I'll guess I never will...

> That is why prices are always overshooting and undershooting to
> separate weak from strong money and from fear and greed.

And here I just thought it was idiots trying to "out-trade" each
other...I do believe that over time, the "smart" can take money
from the "dumb". So it's really just the old poker maxim: if you
look around the table, and can't figure out who the "fish" (bad
players) are, YOU'RE the "fish".

And this post smells like a bait-bucket to me...

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 301

---end of archived post

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 777

Blash

Sep 6, 2007, 10:51:28 PM9/6/07
Bill Reid wrote on 9/6/07 9:46 PM:

> Then he REALLY
> went "psycho", up to and including not very veiled threats of physical
> violence against me...

........and I thought that I had the only obsessed "headcase" here making
physical threats.......they never should have closed the
"institutions".........

"Some people take Usenet far too seriously. Anyone totally devoid of
functioning brain cells should avoid N/Gs altogether. Then they won't get
their delicate little feelings hurt."

Bill Reid

Sep 7, 2007, 1:26:31 AM9/7/07

Blash <bla...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Bill Reid wrote on 9/6/07 9:46 PM:
>
> > Then he REALLY
> > went "psycho", up to and including not very veiled threats of physical
> > violence against me...
>
> ........and I thought that I had the only obsessed "headcase" here making
> physical threats.......

Well, "JBoatFake" got even more drunk and angry than usual one
night and posted that he would pay money to anybody who could
get my address, so he could send me a "going away present". I replied
that I'd be glad to give him the address if he'd tell me what my present
would be first, but of course he never responded...

> they never should have closed the
> "institutions".........

Oh, they did that years ago in this area, all the mental patients wound
up in downtown slum housing, near universities in some cities, such as
mine. So as I'd be going to the library I'd pass a guy carrying on a
yelling match with a telephone pole, and three hours later he'd still be
there, screaming obscenities at the wood...

We made a fun game of it though, because you could give the loonies
and drunks like $5 or just buy them a few doughnuts or liquor, and then
they would regale you for however long you could keep your sides
from splitting with these crazy stories about how they had all these
advanced degrees from MIT and were $multi-millionaire commodity
traders (seriously, that's exactly what they all said) but then "those
bastard space alien Illuminati" conspired against them...

> "Some people take Usenet far too seriously. Anyone totally devoid of
> functioning brain cells should avoid N/Gs altogether. Then they won't get
> their delicate little feelings hurt."

I think the trend is just the opposite...anyone with a brain and/or a life
left Usenet a LONG time ago, now it's strictly an exercise in masochism
or humor...

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 778

Blash

Sep 7, 2007, 9:23:12 AM9/7/07
Bill Reid wrote on 9/7/07 1:26 AM:

>> Bill Reid wrote on 9/6/07 9:46 PM:
>>
>>> Then he REALLY
>>> went "psycho", up to and including not very veiled threats of physical
>>> violence against me...
>>
>> ........and I thought that I had the only obsessed "headcase" here making
>> physical threats.......

HINT: Ignore the "headcases"......that drives them completely nuts!!!
They don't know what to do then.....
So........they start posting old headers, draw ridiculous conclusions,
threaten lawsuits, etc......just about anything to see their name in
cyberspace.....
It's really pitiful!!!

Lubow

Sep 7, 2007, 11:06:35 AM9/7/07

> HINT: Ignore the "headcases"......that drives them completely nuts!!!
> They don't know what to do then.....
> So........they start ...
> threaten lawsuits, etc

It's those loonies that threaten lawsuits that should be iggie'ed. In
fact, loonies have tied up the court system so much, that Judith Kaye,
New York's chief judge, has ordered psycho profiles on frequent
litigants to get the calendars cleared.

--Lubow

carolyn

Sep 9, 2007, 1:34:51 PM9/9/07

HIs seat?

-=DirtBag©

Sep 9, 2007, 2:07:17 PM9/9/07

> I think the trend is just the opposite...anyone with a brain and/or a life
> left Usenet a LONG time ago, now it's strictly an exercise in masochism
> or humor...

Well not entirely true.. Some brain power but more like a cyber dive bar..
If it were in Marin it would be the 'Silver Paso' or the 'No Name'.

-DirtBag©

The Visitor

Sep 9, 2007, 6:50:42 PM9/9/07

Lubow wrote:
> It's those loonies that threaten lawsuits that should be iggie'ed.

You called him on it and in grand style, even providing your home address.

I plonked him a long time ago, but must confess I do get a laugh seeing
his exchanges with others, such as yourself.

If it weren't for those, I would have thought he went away.

John

lubow

Sep 9, 2007, 7:43:16 PM9/9/07

> I plonked him a long time ago, but must confess I do get a laugh seeing
> his exchanges with others, such as yourself.

Hey, John, that's what I'm here for! Did you like the line, "What does

your guy pick besides his nose?"

Carolyn asked about his picking his rectum. I'm glad that line didn't come
from me, but from MIS's resident class act.

At this stage I have two questions:

(1) Has anyone made any money looking at the stock picks in the stock
picking game? I sure have (INP)

(2) Has anyone made any money from reading a 'reid' post?

At the end of the day, you need to ask yourself which of the posts are chaff
and which of these posts have made you money by investing in stocks?

--
Lubow

carolyn

Sep 9, 2007, 9:10:40 PM9/9/07

> (1) Has anyone made any money looking at the stock picks in the stock
> picking game? I sure have (INP) NO...but there are stocks in the game that I have made $ on because I play on and off even before the game ever started, so do I get
credit for those?? :D (kidding)

> (2) Has anyone made any money from reading a 'reid' post? Who reads them?
I *HAVE* made $ from a blash post...since he is always being blasted
in here...he threw BLUD out gosh a long time ago and at that time
I liked the way it looked and went in for a tidy little profit.

Bill Reid

Sep 10, 2007, 9:41:58 AM9/10/07

From: The Visitor <ksjhdsd...@shduiysdfsrewh.com>
Subject: Re: Has anyone noticed???
Date: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:15 AM

>> Bill Reid wrote:
>
>>> You need to contact their ISP at the "abuse" address IMMEDIATELY
>>> after they have libeled you, harrassed you, etc., and notify them that
>>> you intend to sue them or report them for criminal investigation (any
>>> type of spamming, harrassment, etc.)
>
> The Visitor wrote:

> No. That would be a mis-step. His lawyer may do so if he desires or any
> criminal investigators.

Further...

If you do contact the FBI keep a copy of what you sent them or told them.

If you are going to see a lwayer, perhaps he would help with this. Or
take what you did say to the FBI.

An advantage of the police investigation is, they do some of the
legwork. It can save your lawyer hiring a firm to track down who is who
and all the court orders to isp's for release of information. If charges
are laid, great. Conviction on a Federal charge, even better. But even
if no charge is laid, a simple 'Freedom of Information' request to the
FBI can get you copies of what they did find out. This will help your
team when you pursue civil damages. your lawyer will have opinions on
this. Remember you don't need criminal charges filed or a conviction, to
be entiteled to civil damages.

Alerting an isp to accidently lose records is not the thing to do.

Don't feel like a victm. Take action. Somebody went too far to harass,
embarrass and intimidate you. That person alone is responsible for what
he did/does and should be held accountable. You may not have been the
first person to suffer at his hands. And you won't be the last person,
unless you act. Do it to protect somebody else. The feeling, "I'm partly
to blame" is relevant if you only got back what you dished out.

Read those links I sent you. Get informed.

"Don't talk about it, do it."

Find a lawyer.esq, what he may want for retention will vary and be
(substantially) less if is willing to wait for a percentage. This may be
preferable as you already stated your desire to donate anything you are
awarded to a charity. Print and save everything relevant. This is a
very serious criminal and civil matter. Say nothing publicly about this
case. Even if it feels good. It will not help you.

---end of archived post

---
William Ernest Reid
Post count: 785

-=DirtBag©

Sep 11, 2007, 12:29:43 PM9/11/07

Geezzz Carolyne. That pretty strong stuff... <s> My mother would love you.

We double-dared her ( my mother) to curse at one Christmas dinner gathering
years ago.. After a glass of wine she stood up walked into the nearest coat
closet and shut the door. After a about 20 seconds she came out and
anounced to us all that she HAD just done it. In the privacy of the closet
and no-one got to hear it... Claims she let loose...

The proper lady..

"carolyn" <momarc...@dontspamonmeearthlink.net> wrote in message