Re: Stock Market --- the Bush has hit the fan

Message has been deleted

FrediFizzx

Aug 10, 2007, 3:32:43 PM8/10/07
They are helping banks out not the stock market. Inflation is not that
bad right now and Europe injected more money into their system so it
doesn't hurt us much to also inject money. The sell off is not
deserved; it is just stupid panic selling. Global stock market
valuations are still plenty reasonable. Even more so now with this
panic selling. Now is the time to buy, buy, buy. There are some really
good deals right now. Wish I had more cash right now before this
opportunity is gone.

Fred

"Gary" <no...@ever.ne> wrote in message
>I thought the stock market was suppose to be a free market. Then why
> has the Federal Reserve attempted three times today to bail it out of
> a well deserved sell off ? The old Politburo didn't act that many
> times to bail the Kremlin out of trouble.
> --------------------
>
> "No American's savings should be so modest that we can't steal
> some". --- Credo of whoever invented Mutual Funds.

PeterL

Aug 10, 2007, 3:38:59 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 11:59 am, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> I thought the stock market was suppose to be a free market. Then why
> has the Federal Reserve attempted three times today to bail it out of
> a well deserved sell off ? The old Politburo didn't act that many
> times to bail the Kremlin out of trouble.

All these years and all the millions of posts from aeronut has taught
you nothing? You mean he has wasted thousands of hours and you still
have learned nothing?

Well let me summarize for you. The stock market is not supposed to be
a free market. It has never been a free market. It is not a free
market now. It will never be a free market.

You are welcome.

aero...@flight.net

Aug 10, 2007, 3:45:34 PM8/10/07
On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:32:43 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
<fredi...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Global stock market valuations are still plenty reasonable.

I must respectfully disagree.......They may look "resonable" based on
the massive liquidity that Greenspan injected into the economy, which
provided billions in cheap money, and artificially inflated corporate
earnings, but just wait until the dust settles.....

This "market" isn't even fairly valued at 11K, if you pull out the
free money that's flooded this economy for the last 3-5 years.

It was a great party, and all the free beer was wonderful, but the keg
is about to run dry......

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

qwest602000

Aug 10, 2007, 4:00:07 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 12:47 pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> Then somboody has been lying to somebody. I was taught in school
> that the stock market was a glowing tribute to Capitalism just because
> it is a perfect free market. We all know the thieves have an
> advantage, but isn't it *suppose* to be free ? How will we keep
> the little idots in it if they get the idea that thigns are fixed ?- Hide quoted text -

with all this endless money being pumped into the mkt., can i assume
that it will never go down??

Message has been deleted

com...@webtv.net

Aug 10, 2007, 4:16:47 PM8/10/07
looks like the short sellers just got it up the rump roast with no
vasaline ! hahahhaahhahahhahaha
i laugh when they cry about "unfair practices" to help the market after
they have started every lie and rumor possible to illegaly drive it
down...HAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

" Children should be treated as ambassadors from a higher culture "

FrediFizzx

Aug 10, 2007, 4:26:38 PM8/10/07

> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:32:43 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
> <fredi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>They are helping banks out not the stock market. Inflation is not
>>that
>>bad right now
>
> Have you been to the grocery store lately ?

Yep, just went yesterday and loaded up. Seemed about the same as last
year or the year before.

Fred

PeterL

Aug 10, 2007, 5:09:45 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 1:26 pm, "FrediFizzx" <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Gary" <n...@ever.ne> wrote in message

Not if you had bought milk.

Message has been deleted

star...@yahoo.com

Aug 10, 2007, 5:29:56 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 11:59 am, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> I thought the stock market was suppose to be a free market. Then why
> has the Federal Reserve attempted three times today to bail it out of
> a well deserved sell off ? The old Politburo didn't act that many
> times to bail the Kremlin out of trouble.

Open manipulation, and what the last two sell-offs showed the likes of
the PPT is that the old ways don't work anymore.

So they've decided to throw all pretense to the winds and announce
that they're propping up this market -- and it worked. 200-point
opening loss wiped out, and they end essentially even.

A crash-level sell-off is needed, though, to get the market back in
check.

Mike

star...@yahoo.com

Aug 10, 2007, 5:33:47 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 12:45 pm, aeron...@flight.net wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:32:43 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
>
> <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >Global stock market valuations are still plenty reasonable.
>
> I must respectfully disagree.......They may look "resonable" based on
> the massive liquidity that Greenspan injected into the economy, which
> provided billions in cheap money, and artificially inflated corporate
> earnings, but just wait until the dust settles.....
>
> This "market" isn't even fairly valued at 11K, if you pull out the
> free money that's flooded this economy for the last 3-5 years.

I'm thinking more 7K myself, if that...

> It was a great party, and all the free beer was wonderful, but the keg
> is about to run dry......

It already has run dry. They had to fill the tap with $60B in the
last two days just to keep it afloat. The old manipulations aren't
working right now.

Mike

FrediFizzx

Aug 10, 2007, 5:43:42 PM8/10/07
"PeterL" <po....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Not if you had bought milk.

Didn't buy milk. We are not much of milk drinkers. ;-) But I do try to
buy items that are on sale and have coupons for.

PeterL

Aug 10, 2007, 5:48:03 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 12:47 pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 12:38:59 -0700, PeterL <po.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Then somboody has been lying to somebody.

Really?

> I was taught in school
> that the stock market was a glowing tribute to Capitalism just because
> it is a perfect free market.

Not the first time nor the last time you've been lied to.

> We all know the thieves have an
> advantage, but isn't it *suppose* to be free ? How will we keep
> the little idots in it if they get the idea that thigns are fixed

Hold it. Just because it's not "free" don't mean it's "fixed".
Certainly there are plenty of manipulations and some fixing. But I
wouldn't jump all the way to it being fixed.

PeterL

Aug 10, 2007, 5:48:35 PM8/10/07
> that it will never go down??-

In the long run it's always an uptrend.

FrediFizzx

Aug 10, 2007, 5:49:39 PM8/10/07
> I doubt that. I started going with my wife a few months back and
> have been darn near shocked at how much more food costs. What bother
> me is that the people at the Bureau of Labor Statistics will claim the
> inflation rate is something like 2%. In my personal life I figure
> inflation is running about 7% to 9%, and has been for several years.
>
> What's the old saying "figures don't lie -- but liars figure".

Are you calling me a liar in a polite way? ;-) All I can say is that my
monthly cash flow for expenses is about the same now as has been over
the last four years. It's probably real close to the 2 percent increase
figure. What does that mean?

Fred

Message has been deleted

CJT

Aug 10, 2007, 5:56:49 PM8/10/07
or any other dairy product
or orange juice
or anything containing corn or that once ate corn
or even onions, for heaven's sake

CJT

Aug 10, 2007, 5:59:11 PM8/10/07
PeterL wrote:

inflation adjusted?

CJT

Aug 10, 2007, 6:00:54 PM8/10/07
jimstevens wrote:

> [Default] On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:24:30 -0400, Gary <no...@ever.ne>

> wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:26:38 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
>><fredi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>I doubt that. I started going with my wife a few months back and
>>have been darn near shocked at how much more food costs. What bother
>>me is that the people at the Bureau of Labor Statistics will claim the
>>inflation rate is something like 2%. In my personal life I figure
>>inflation is running about 7% to 9%, and has been for several years.
>>
>>What's the old saying "figures don't lie -- but liars figure".
>

> Follow this math carefully!
>
> Two years ago wife bought a 40# bucker of Concentrated Launtry
> Detergent, marked "Distributed by Sam's West Inc, 608 S.W. 8th St
> Bentonville, AR for $9.59.
>
> This year she wanted more of the product so while at Sam's Club we
> looked for same label but could not find it but found one suspiciously
> similiar. 32# bucket of the same stuff with the same mini print from
> Sam's West . . . . was going for $11.99.
>
> That is a 36% increase on just one product. It has nothing to do with
> the vendor as the same thing is on potatos, rice, napkins and anything
> else bought virtually anywhere.
>
> I believe we have real inflation of 8-12% annually if not higher but
> the feds are lying their asses off on all the data.
>
> We are so screwed.
>
> Ole Fred is blowing it out the butt if it is the same as last year.
> Nothing is same as last year. Last year a big filet of salmon was
> selling at 3.99. I have not seen that price since and we often see it
> around 5.99 a pound. Pick the product and it is higher. Can't ship
> it in a truck without paying more for the gas.
>
> Can't feed livestock or plant corn without paying more for gas and
> more for gas to get both to the table.
>
> We are going to see our purchasing power whacked away with these lies.
> The only real thing these lies mean is pensions, SS and such that are
> indexed to CPI are really screwed.
>
> We are so screwed.

I would have said Bushed, but it's the same thing.

Lawyerkill

Aug 10, 2007, 6:49:37 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 5:24?pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:26:38 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
>
> <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >"Gary" <n...@ever.ne> wrote in message
> I doubt that. I started going with my wife a few months back and
> have been darn near shocked at how much more food costs. What bother
> me is that the people at the Bureau of Labor Statistics will claim the
> inflation rate is something like 2%. In my personal life I figure
> inflation is running about 7% to 9%, and has been for several years.
>
> What's the old saying "figures don't lie -- but liars figure".

Don't where you live but I'm not see any great inflation in food. I
don't know, other than gas I'm not seeing this great increase in my
over all cost. You know these numbers are prepared by people of both
parties and private companies also track them.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Lawyerkill

Aug 10, 2007, 7:16:09 PM8/10/07
> Not if you had bought milk.- Hide quoted text -

Screw milk, drink beer. For the past 5 years I've been paying $19.25
for a case of Miller Lite.

Jerry Okamura

Aug 10, 2007, 4:35:32 PM8/10/07
Because they learned a lesson from the past....

"Gary" <no...@ever.ne> wrote in message

>I thought the stock market was suppose to be a free market. Then why
> has the Federal Reserve attempted three times today to bail it out of
> a well deserved sell off ? The old Politburo didn't act that many
> times to bail the Kremlin out of trouble.

> --------------------
>
> "No American's savings should be so modest that we can't steal
> some". --- Credo of whoever invented Mutual Funds.

Lawyerkill

Aug 10, 2007, 7:45:12 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 7:12?pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 21:55:07 GMT, jimstevens
>

> <jimstev...@forgetthemail.com> wrote:
> >[Default] On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:24:30 -0400, Gary <n...@ever.ne>
> >wrote:

> >>I doubt that. I started going with my wife a few months back and
> >>have been darn near shocked at how much more food costs. What bother
> >>me is that the people at the Bureau of Labor Statistics will claim the
> >>inflation rate is something like 2%. In my personal life I figure
> >>inflation is running about 7% to 9%, and has been for several years.
>
> >>What's the old saying "figures don't lie -- but liars figure".
>
> I've had similar experiences. I like to buy hardware at Home Depot.
> Small packages of screws cost about $1.50 a couple of years ago.
> Today it's like $1.88. That's not going to break me, but that same
> pattern is happening all over.- Hide quoted text -

About 6 moths ago I paid $ 240.00 for 2 gig of ram, last week the
exact same ram was $ 134.00. In the 80's I was paying about $200 a meg
for ram. I could go on about CD's DVD's VCR's etc., great drops in
price.. Now I would agree that these are not things that we buy every
week like food, but other than seasonal items or items that have been
affected becase of crop damage, I have not noticed that great
inflation.

You know what I find really interesting are some of the post blaming
Bush for this subprime problem. That would be the same as blaming
Clinton for the crash in the NASDAQ, the Dotcom bust, the Enron
ripoff.

Satan was invented because people didn't want to take responsibility
for their own actions, nothing has changed

This was caused by people buying house that they could not afford.
Builder puttting up homes twice the size that any family really needs
and companies willing to lend money to people who did not deserve to
have that much credit. People not using common sense and signing for
ARMs think that the record low interest rates would go on forever.
Someone that can barely afford to paid for a house under record low
interest rates signs an open ended agreement to pay the interest in
the future no matter where it goes is just nuts, but that's what
caused this.

Don't depend or demand that the government protects youself.

Trailer Trash

Aug 10, 2007, 8:30:40 PM8/10/07
>>Have you been to the grocery store lately ?

>Yep, just went yesterday and loaded up.

>Seemed about the same as last year or the year before.

>Fred

Fred, just needs new eyewear.

BrunoR

Aug 10, 2007, 9:40:15 PM8/10/07

Also, many people pay with CC at the checkout counter where they
tend to hold up the line until their credit is verified. Methinks these
folks pay little attention what the prices of items are. Personally,
I've seen increases of 20-40% from one week to the next without
anyone ever complaining in public; And don't forget smaller sizes!!

Cycle Surfer

Aug 10, 2007, 10:02:11 PM8/10/07
If you adjust the market for CIP then it has only rallied 600 points
since the 1932 low.
This means that inflation will continue, the rich will get richer /
the middle class destroyed / and a vast lower class.
a OLIGARCHY is in the works. Of course it will eventually collapse.

My work shows up next week till thurs or fri and then 5 days of
down.

www.cyclesurfer.com

Cycle Surfer

Aug 10, 2007, 10:05:37 PM8/10/07
Inflation / CIP is a rigged number. Ron Paul can tell you all about
it, being head of the congressional finance committee and a author of
2 books on monetary policy.
If beef goes up relative to chicken then chicken is used rather than
beef, ect..
They always use the lowest priced of substitute goods and wiggle the
numbers in other ways.
www.RonPaul2008.com

The only answer is constitutional money backed by gold.

FrediFizzx

Aug 10, 2007, 10:25:27 PM8/10/07
"Trailer Trash" <Olne...@webtv.net> wrote in message

I just bought some new reading glasses from Walgreens a couple weeks
ago. Same dang price they were about 7 years ago. ;-)

Fred

carolyn

Aug 10, 2007, 10:58:16 PM8/10/07
seems like your insurances alone would be more than 2%

carolyn

Aug 10, 2007, 11:01:45 PM8/10/07
which is also up greatly. Daughter just went today, the $75 visit last
year was $105 today. Her contacts up about 5% and lenses up about 20%.

Trailer Trash

Aug 10, 2007, 11:22:48 PM8/10/07
I just bought some new reading glasses from Walgreens a couple weeks
ago. Same dang price they were about 7 years ago. ;-)

Fred

Oh, those new fangled magnifying glasses my father-in-law wears, too.

;8^)

Abdi

Aug 10, 2007, 11:57:44 PM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 5:24 pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:26:38 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
>
> <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >"Gary" <n...@ever.ne> wrote in message

> Core Inflation does not include food and energy, so thats where the disparity comes from!

> >> Have you been to the grocery store lately ?
>
> >Yep, just went yesterday and loaded up. Seemed about the same as last
> >year or the year before.

CJT

Aug 11, 2007, 12:08:31 AM8/11/07
my condolences
Message has been deleted

FrediFizzx

Aug 11, 2007, 1:30:31 AM8/11/07
Well yep, homeowners insurance did go up 4.8 percent recently. Those
slime-dog belly-crawlers! Good thing we got a four bagger in our house
appreciation over the last few years. ;-)

Fred

"carolyn" <momarc...@dontspamonmeearthlink.net> wrote in message

FrediFizzx

Aug 11, 2007, 1:45:11 AM8/11/07
"jimstevens" <jimst...@forgetthemail.com> wrote in message

> Not a similiar example as tech stuff is always dropping overnight. Try
> that with most food products.

3 weeks ago artichokes were about $3 each. Yesterday they were $1 each.
Only a fool buys stuff that ain't priced right.

Fred

Lawyerkill

Aug 11, 2007, 7:11:56 AM8/11/07
On Aug 11, 1:14?am, jimstevens <jimstev...@forgetthemail.com> wrote:
> [Default] On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:45:12 -0700, Lawyerkill
>

>Not a similiar example as tech stuff is always dropping overnight. Try
that with most food products.

You are right, tech cost and food cost are not the same. Last winter
cherries were $ 10.99 a pound, this summer they are back to about
$2.00 a pound, but I don't base my cost of living on cherries.

In inflation you look at many items, some things go up, some down. My
business and car insurence has dropped about 10% in the last few
years. I never remember credit card interest rates been this low
before (But I still paid them in full every months).

Yes, I'm paying more for many food items then I did a few years ago on
many items, some a lot more, some a little more. And over the years my
cost of living has gone up, and it did so in the 90's too. Overall I
don't see a large jump year-year. My overall cost increases, after
being offset by cost decreases, have been small.

carolyn

Aug 11, 2007, 12:21:19 PM8/11/07
yeah, taxes up 4x now huh, but then again you seem to be in a bubble
somewhere in the US where nothing goes up.....you are one lucky dude!

4.8% here in florida would be a godsend....but I guess you have to pay
for the sun and beauty of it all....go figure........

and healthcare down for you too huh? Where ARE you again?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

mg

Aug 11, 2007, 1:23:09 PM8/11/07
On Aug 10, 3:24 pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:26:38 -0700, "FrediFizzx"

> <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >"Gary" <n...@ever.ne> wrote in message

> >> Have you been to the grocery store lately ?
>
> >Yep, just went yesterday and loaded up. Seemed about the same as last
> >year or the year before.
>
> I doubt that. I started going with my wife a few months back and
> have been darn near shocked at how much more food costs. What bother
> me is that the people at the Bureau of Labor Statistics will claim the
> inflation rate is something like 2%. In my personal life I figure
> inflation is running about 7% to 9%, and has been for several years.
>
> What's the old saying "figures don't lie -- but liars figure".

My personal guess is that inflation is running at a minimum of 10% per
year except for Chinese imports, etc. Some things like building
materials, for example, have really gone through the roof. If you want
a shock, start a small building project like a shed in your backyard,
for instance, and then go down to Home Depot and check the prices. And
speaking of roofs, check the price to have your house re-roofed.

I believe the inflation numbers that the government is releasing are
fraudulent.

mg

Aug 11, 2007, 1:33:03 PM8/11/07
On Aug 10, 11:30 pm, "FrediFizzx" <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Well yep, homeowners insurance did go up 4.8 percent recently. Those
> slime-dog belly-crawlers! Good thing we got a four bagger in our house
> appreciation over the last few years. ;-)
>
> Fred
>
> "carolyn" <momarch27...@dontspamonmeearthlink.net> wrote in message

> > seems like your insurances alone would be more than 2%

It doesn't do you any good if your house goes up unless you are
planning on selling it and becoming a rentor, etc. I haven't got
around to checking on my home insurance, but if one's house has gone
up 400%, for instance, I doubt if the insurance will only go up 4.8%.
Also, don't forget about taxes, if your house has gone up 400%, your
taxes will presumably go up by a similar amount some day. They might
raise the taxes very gradually, but they will eventually go up to
reflect the new value.

The only real value to most retirees when their house goes up is one
of the following:

1. Your heirs will get a lot more money.
2. You might get more money if you do a reverse mortgage.
3. If you go in a rest home and your family sells it, that's more
money for the rest home.

Lawyerkill

Aug 11, 2007, 1:41:12 PM8/11/07
On Aug 11, 12:59?pm, jimstevens <jimstev...@forgetthemail.com> wrote:
> [Default] On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 04:11:56 -0700, Lawyerkill

> <Lawyerk...@aol.com> wrote:
> >On Aug 11, 1:14?am, jimstevens <jimstev...@forgetthemail.com> wrote:
> >> [Default] On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:45:12 -0700, Lawyerkill
>
> >>Not a similiar example as tech stuff is always dropping overnight. Try
> >that with most food products.
>
> >You are right, tech cost and food cost are not the same. Last winter
> >cherries were $ 10.99 a pound, this summer they are back to about
> >$2.00 a pound, but I don't base my cost of living on cherries.
>
> You are playing games here. Price cherries, peaches, hamburger meat,
> flour, eggs, milk, vitamins or some other selection of pruducts over
> time.
>
> Price the cherries seasonally and see where the tops and bottoms end
> up.

Cherries last year were $ 1.99 a pound.

I eat very little if any meat, don't eat eggs, don't use flour, nor
candy, nor most stuff in a can. I buy lots of vitamins I have not
noticed a great increase in price there. I do drink soymilk and the
regular price has come down from last year $1.99 VS $1.69, but when
they have it on sale it's not as cheap as the sale price last year.

I guess it has a lot to do with your income. The percent of my income
I use to buy food it very small so unless the price doubles I realy
don't see a big increase. If you are making 7 bucks an hour the cost
of food vs your income is a lot greater. The inflation figures tract a
lot more things than food and gas and many things I use have stayed
the same or have gone down.

They said Clinton cooked the numbers. Gas prices tripled, home heating
cost went up yet the CPI was flat under Clinton.

Of course both parties doctor the numbers, one is as bad as the other.
I buy for myself and my business, some things are up, some down, but
over all I don't see this 9% inflation.

http://www.shadowstats.com/cgi-bin/sgs/article/id=340

? As former Labor Secretary Bob Reich explained in his memoirs, the
Clinton administration had found in its public polling that if the
government inflated economic reporting, enough people would believe it
to swing a close election. Accordingly, whatever integrity had
survived in the economic reporting system disappeared during the
Clinton years. Unemployment was redefined to eliminate five million
discouraged workers and to lower the unemployment rate; methodologies
were changed to reduce poverty reporting, to reduce reported CPI
inflation, to inflate reported GDP growth, among others.

? The current Bush administration has expanded upon the Clinton era
initiatives, particularly in setting the stage for the adoption of a
new and lower-inflation CPI and in further redefining the GDP and the
concept of seasonal adjustment.

FrediFizzx

Aug 11, 2007, 1:46:24 PM8/11/07
S. California and we are still under Prop 13 so prop taxes don't go up
much. But can't afford to move now as prop taxes would go up on the
move. ;-(

It's a pretty big market here, so always easy to find bargains on stuff
you need. I was under employer paid group health insurance for many
years so healthcare costs were about the same until recently. It's a
bastard now. ;-( I just don't get sick.

Fred

"carolyn" <momarc...@dontspamonmeearthlink.net> wrote in message

carolyn

Aug 11, 2007, 2:12:34 PM8/11/07
My health insurance plan is an HSA...only way I could afford it anymore.
And the annual deductible is now $2500 instead of $500...ouch.

qwest602000

Aug 11, 2007, 2:44:24 PM8/11/07
On Aug 10, 4:12 pm, Gary <n...@ever.ne> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:49:39 -0700, "FrediFizzx"

> <fredifi...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >"Gary" <n...@ever.ne> wrote in message

> >> On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 13:26:38 -0700, "FrediFizzx"
> >> I doubt that. I started going with my wife a few months back and
> >> have been darn near shocked at how much more food costs. What bother
> >> me is that the people at the Bureau of Labor Statistics will claim the
> >> inflation rate is something like 2%. In my personal life I figure
> >> inflation is running about 7% to 9%, and has been for several years.
>
> >> What's the old saying "figures don't lie -- but liars figure".
>
> >Are you calling me a liar in a polite way? ;-)
>
> No, no. I'm calling the birds at the BLS liars. And not in a nice
> way:-)

> >All I can say is that my
> >monthly cash flow for expenses is about the same now as has been over
> >the last four years. It's probably real close to the 2 percent increase
> >figure. What does that mean?
>
> Everything I do is going up.. As one small item, take my haircut.
> It went up 20% in 2005 and this year it went up an additional 25%.
> Food at all my favorite restaurants is up. Let's don;t even talk
> about gas and utilities. The BLS doesn't count those because they
> are "volatile". Volatile implies that prices go up and down. I
> see very little going down.

i bought those electric clippers and i give myself a crew cut every
week.
i got tired of going into a barber and giving him 13-15 for a 15
minute job.

Message has been deleted

Jerry Okamura

Aug 11, 2007, 4:54:08 PM8/11/07
Are you under age 65?

"carolyn" <momarc...@dontspamonmeearthlink.net> wrote in message

carolyn

Aug 11, 2007, 8:20:06 PM8/11/07
yes by several years

Jerry Okamura

Aug 12, 2007, 11:14:01 AM8/12/07
If you are still healthy, you could roll the dice and hope you do not need
the services of the medical profession.

"carolyn" <momarc...@dontspamonmeearthlink.net> wrote in message

Message has been deleted